5kaven5lave

58 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

So settled on this list for Heat 2 next weekend, getting a couple of practice games in tonight.

Trying to decide on which Verminlord to build incase I summon one, I originally was going to go for the Corruptor for his Plague Spell, but I'm feeling the Deceiver will be better for the combat punch. What do you guys recommend?

LEADERS
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (200)
- General
- Command Trait : Verminous Valour
- Lore of Ruin : Plague
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
- Artefact : Suspicious Stone
Arch-Warlock (160)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism : More-more-more Warp Power!
Grey Seer (120)
- Lore of Ruin : Warpgale

UNITS
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

9 x Warplock Jezzails (420)

WAR MACHINES
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

ENDLESS SPELLS
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)

Well for a summoning option, I’d just go for the Verminlord you like best.

The deciver isn’t bad, but if you really want a hero or monster killer, your just better of taking the warbringer.

want a bit of all the clans in one verminlord take me instead.

anywasy your list looks very interesting and well Irish you good luck,

no go out and win for  Skreech😜

Edited by Skreech Verminking

1 hour ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

So settled on this list for Heat 2 next weekend, getting a couple of practice games in tonight.

Trying to decide on which Verminlord to build incase I summon one, I originally was going to go for the Corruptor for his Plague Spell, but I'm feeling the Deceiver will be better for the combat punch. What do you guys recommend?

LEADERS
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (200)
- General
- Command Trait : Verminous Valour
- Lore of Ruin : Plague
- Artefact : Suspicious Stone
Arch-Warlock (160)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism : More-more-more Warp Power!
Grey Seer (120)
- Lore of Ruin : Warpgale

UNITS
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

9 x Warplock Jezzails (420)

WAR MACHINES

ENDLESS SPELLS
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

I like this quite a bit, quite solid. If you do roll twelve for the PoD  go for either the VL Corruptor or Skreetch. Both have great spells and offensive capabilities.  If I were to suggest any changes, is there any particular reason why you're using the Arch-Warlock? Aside from two rerollable spell casts with a spark I feel you could save 60pts, get a CP and a Triumph if you downgraded to either an Engineer or a Bombardier.

• Like 1

@TalesOfSigmar In this situation I would probably go with the Deceiver, but typically his Warpstilleto damage averages out to ~5.5 against a 4+ save I think.. which is good against those squishier 5 wound heroes. I wouldn't put him up against a big Monster... let the Jezzails\WLC's handle that.

A Corrupter is great all around of course, his damage output even without SoJ is still great and Dreaded Plague is incredible against hordes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, robbobobo said:

I like this quite a bit, quite solid. If you do roll twelve for the PoD  go for either the VL Corruptor or Skreetch. Both have great spells and offensive capabilities.  If I were to suggest any changes, is there any particular reason why you're using the Arch-Warlock? Aside from two rerollable spell casts with a spark I feel you could save 60pts, get a CP and a Triumph if you downgraded to either an Engineer or a Bombardier.

Cheers mate, the Arch-Warlock is in there because Heat 2 uses the realm rules, with 8 casts a turn I can get out my offensive spells while also using a good quantity of the realm spells as well. Plus a 3+ save hero (2+ if in terrain) is pretty decent for a little dude. 

4 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

@TalesOfSigmar In this situation I would probably go with the Deceiver, but typically his Warpstilleto damage averages out to ~5.5 against a 4+ save I think.. which is good against those squishier 5 wound heroes. I wouldn't put him up against a big Monster... let the Jezzails\WLC's handle that.

A Corrupter is great all around of course, his damage output even without SoJ is still great and Dreaded Plague is incredible against hordes.

Thanks, I'm thinking more the Deceiver for horde killing, but an avg of 5.5 damage is a bit meh. To be honest the chances of me roling  12 at the event is highly unlikely but want to get one done spare because sod's law would say if I didn't my first roll would be a double 6!

Original choice was the Corrupter for the Dreaded Plague, might just keep him in, will be more reliable than the Deceiver.

Edited by TalesOfSigmar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

Cheers mate, the Arch-Warlock is in there because Heat 2 uses the realm rules, with 8 casts a turn I can get out my offensive spells while also using a good quantity of the realm spells as well. Plus a 3+ save hero (2+ if in terrain) is pretty decent for a little dude. 

I assume you know of the realm and what spells you have access to beforehand? In my experience they haven't been used or they have been curated to use the less powerful/impactful spells. I'd still argue that 8 casts is a bit much but do let us know how you perform. May the Horned One watch you.

Just now, robbobobo said:

I assume you know of the realm and what spells you have access to beforehand? In my experience they haven't been used or they have been curated to use the less powerful/impactful spells. I'd still argue that 8 casts is a bit much but do let us know how you perform. May the Horned One watch you.

I would disagree with 8 casts being too many considering our magic potential has nearly (or definitely) put us on the same level as Tzeentch. That also allows you 8 unbinds and chances to dispells endless spells. Bottom line is while we can go combat heavy and do just fine (Monks), we have largely been molded into a Caster\Shooting army for competitive play.

Local events let us use all the realm spells, but I'm aware that's not the same at all events.

Hey guys! Tomorrow I got 2 games vs Nurgle/Tzeentch/LoN (will be random). I am taking this list

Allegiance: Skaventide
- General
- Trait: Master of Magic
- Artefact: Suspicious Stone
Grey Seer (120)
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap
Warlock Bombardier (100)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Warp Lightning Shield
Thanquol on Boneripper (400)
- Lore of Ruin: Warpgale
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
Doomwheel (160)
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
Vermintide (40)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)
Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 137

I am unsure of how to kit out thanquol. 50/50 or full melee.
What about pendulum vs geminids?

What do you guys think?

@TalesOfSigmar if you can only build one verminlord for the bell summon, go deciever. He is relavent every turn you could summon him, and has a decent impact the turn he arrives. 

Skreech is better in very specific situations where a few free clan rats can flip an objective. Often the deciever can make this same difference in kills and his body on objectives. Where as skreech's summons might zone themselves out with the more than 9" restriction.

The corruptor is specifically good at hordes the turn he is summoned. However, if he's summoned turn 3-5 his spell might have considerably diminished returns as you are targeting down half sized units. 

The Warpseer wants to have an artifact, and place himself aggressively to tank for the army. Start him in your army or don't take him. 

Vermin lord is niche. 

The deciever. As i said above his spell makes a big difference. You can set him up far from dispellers and next to a gnawhole. Then he can reset himself up in charge range. Allowing you to have a model who can drop turn 1 and block stuff off or snipe objects, or be a difference maker if summoned turn 6. 

4 hours ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

How is the rest of the book beyond Skryre? I get the appeal of MMWP, WLV, and Jezzails (oh my!) but does Skaven suffer from a lack of practical choices?

Moulder and Eshin are definitely the weakest of the bunch (aside from some choice units), but Verminous and Pestilens can do fine as well. Not to say that Moulder or Eshin are auto losses, but I think going pure in those 2 armies will find you lacking compared to mixing units in.

So, real quick, had a short game earlier against Seraphon. Not gonna do a full report but it was technically a loss due to him having 1 more VP by the time the clock ran out.. however, next turn on T3 the Jezzails murdered everything important and I summoned a Deceiver which put me up to 7 to his 3. So, some unintentional slow play is what caused that. Also, I made a pretty supreme beginners move and forgot to screen the 30 block of Acolytes on their right flank so they got ate by Ripperdactlys T1. Had that not happened I probably could've secured enough VP by the end of T2 as that Slann would not have survived that volley.

Anyway, got ~3 games tomorrow so I'll probably jot down some quick reports on each. Going to be Seraphon, DoK, Tzeentch and possibly Khorne, FeC or LoN in attendance.

Edited by Gwendar
  • Like 2

So i know i asked this quite recently but what works best for us? What is our streangths and weaknesses?
My friend told me that "pure" Pestilens is quite good and "pure" Skryre is on second. Is this true? 
From what i have gathered:
Plague Monks does insane amout of damage equipped with A foetid blade and a Woe staff.
100 Clanrats are a must.
Verminlord Warpseer is an Autoinclude and so is Warp Lightning Vortex.
Warplock Jezzails are really good along with WLC (Which is best?)
Thoughts?
Thanks before hand!

21 minutes ago, Congratz said:

So i know i asked this quite recently but what works best for us? What is our streangths and weaknesses?
My friend told me that "pure" Pestilens is quite good and "pure" Skryre is on second. Is this true? 
From what i have gathered:
Plague Monks does insane amout of damage equipped with A foetid blade and a Woe staff.
100 Clanrats are a must.
Verminlord Warpseer is an Autoinclude and so is Warp Lightning Vortex.
Warplock Jezzails are really good along with WLC (Which is best?)
Thoughts?
Thanks before hand!

I'm of the opinion that Rattling guns combined with a Arch-Warlock with the Overseer of Destruction is a very noteworthy addition. Jezzails are nice, but are more of an expensive, hard-hitting surgical tool. Sometimes you want to burn the forest down, blow up the castle, and annihilate the realm. Ratling guns stuffed to the brim with warpspark tokens get that job done quite well, for cheap enough that it doesn't have to be the "focus" of your list, and you can comfortably overload them all if you really need to blow something up for a turn ;)

It is also worth "abusing" the free command traits we get from including Verminus heroes. It essentially means your general can be whatever you want it to be, and the Verminus warlords are there to support the rest of your army. 

Clanrats are essential if you go Skryre. Without them you run into the same issue they had before, which is lack of troops to actually take objectives beyond blasting the opposition to smithereens. With clanrats you get to do both. At least a single maxed out unit will do you wonders. 

Jezzails vs Warp Lightning Cannon is a bit up for grabs. You'll deny a lot more ground with the lightning cannon, simply because being able to point it at a hero and potentially delete them is a massive deterrent. Jezzails can do the same thing, but are less avoidable through positioning, so people won't care as much (although they can still mitigate a fair bit of the damage by utilizing "look out sir" penalties, or trying to block line of sight. So it'll be removal of key pieces (jezzails) versus area denial (warplightning cannon) - you decide which you feel like going for.

Plague monks are indeed insane :D

Edited by Mayple
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Clanrats are essential if you go Skryre. Without them you run into the same issue they had before, which is lack of troops to actually take objectives beyond blasting the opposition to smithereens. With clanrats you get to do both. At least a single maxed out unit will do you wonders. 

Thanks for the fast reply! But do i not lose my "Skryre" alligiance if i take clanrats as battleline in a Skryre list?

3 minutes ago, Congratz said:

Thanks for the fast reply! But do i not lose my "Skryre" alligiance if i take clanrats as battleline in a Skryre list?

No, since the book came out the skyre allegiance has been changed and is now a part of the skaventide allegiance.

You only need a Skyre hero in your army to be able to get warpstone sparks.

same goes for pestilence, moulder, Verminus and Eshin, which will receive bonuses when your army has a hero of that clan.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Congratz said:

Nope! Using clanrats as your battleline (instead of clan-specific ones) simply mean that you open up access to everything within Skaventide :) If your battleline choices were solely Skryre, let's say acolytes, then you'd be locked into a full Skryre-only army. 

So you'll want to use clanrats most of the time, so that you're able to freely compliment your army with the tools you need to win the day. Moulder/Pestilens armies are where you'll more often see "pure" armies being used.

To illustrate:
You could have an Arch-Warlock general, give him whatever command trait you deem fitting within the skryre pool of command traits, and then you could accompany him with Clawlords who will also get their own command traits because they're Verminus. I'm not sure about whether the Warbringer would also get that, but the Clawlords would. As long as you have enough clanrats, you're free to build whatever you like :)

*Note that bringing heroes from the clans still give them their own special clan abilities, even if they're not in a "pure" clan army. So a Master Moulder would still get "prized creation", Eshin Assassin would still do their re-roll wound rolls against X hero, Verminus still gets their command traits, Skryre gets the warpsparks (once, not per hero), etc, etc. 

Edited by Mayple
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

No, since the book came out the skyre allegiance has been changed and is now a part of the skaventide allegiance.

You only need a Skyre hero in your army to be able to get warpstone sparks.

same goes for pestilence, moulder, Verminus and Eshin, which will receive bonuses when your army has a hero of that clan.

17 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Nope! Using clanrats as your battleline (instead of clan-specific ones) simply mean that you open up access to everything within Skaventide :) If your battleline choices were solely Skryre, let's say acolytes, then you'd be locked into a full Skryre-only army. 

So you'll want to use clanrats most of the time, so that you're able to freely compliment your army with the tools you need to win the day. Moulder/Pestilens armies are where you'll more often see "pure" armies being used.

To illustrate:
You could have an Arch-Warlock general, give him whatever command trait you deem fitting within the skryre pool of command traits, and then you could accompany him with Clawlords who will also get their own command traits because they're Verminus. I'm not sure about whether the Warbringer would also get that, but the Clawlords would. As long as you have enough clanrats, you're free to build whatever you like :)

So does that mean i can use every clan "Alligiance" in one army?

• Like 2

Hey everyone, back from the small tourney today. Only got in 2 games as one of the guys had to leave and we ran over the time a bit. Anyway, I decided to just start a blog for my Batreps so I can keep them in 1 place. Long story short, Jezzails continue to obliterate whatever they're in range of and be sure to place your Gnawholes well so you can tele-snipe important heroes. Oh, and Acolytes... never got a chance to buff but I still see their potential. May drop some and throw in a Doomwheel next time though, haven't decided. Appreciate any thoughts or feedback on the games!

Edited by Gwendar
  • Like 3