5kaven5lave

I might consider a Grey Seer, Warp Lightning Vortex, and the either another Endless or potential Triumph with the last 20pts.  It would allow you to stay pure for the Stormfiends as Battleline, and being able to send a unit of Stormfiends through a Gnawhole after Skitterleaping the Bombadier to that same Gnawhole opens up the MMMWP + Warpstone Spark shenanigans. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gronnelg said:

@Gwendarmakes sense. How do you typically place them, and then move them around during the game? Do you use the 20 unit differently?

Really just depends on the opponent and battleplan but I typically place the 20 unit on a home objective or on the weaker side. I always place the Clanrats down first to see if I can bait out any important drops and then I put my shooting\wizards down accordingly.

For movement, I typically won't fully charge much of the unit into things unless they're 30-40 strong or I believe can kill whatever they hit. Most of the time I tie up units by charging 1-3 models in and keeping things in combat so it can't reach my heavy-hitters elsewhere. Retreat and charge really is a wonderful mechanic and has won me plenty of games.

I would recommend watching Dan Brewers explanation to see what I mean on charging\pulling things into combat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8adz_Iyiew

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

Isn't this replaced by command pts in matched play?? 

No.

You get a triumph if your points total is lower than your opponent's.

You get a command point for every 50 points you don't spend on units.

They are separate rules and both will be in effect.

e.g. If your list is 1900 points and your opponent's in 1940, you will get 2 CP and roll on the triumph table, your opponent will get 1CP.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gronnelg said:

@Gwendarmakes sense. How do you typically place them, and then move them around during the game? Do you use the 20 unit differently?

As skaven very often you will win most of your games off strictly wait of numbers. 

I had 10 evocators and 3 evocators on lions charge 40 clan rats. The rats were reduced to just 3 remaining.  Those 3 retreated and stay next to that objective

Which forced the 10 man evocator squad to either stand still, charge the 3 clan rats, or give the objective over to my 3 clan rats. Which meant 3 clan rats were tying up 400pts. This fre'd my army up to take the rest of the table and ultimately winning the game. 

40 clan rats can also become a very powerful hammer with double death frenzy, a claw lord, and a warp bringer buffing them.  Which can work both to kill or discourage enemy charges.

So this looks like it was kinda already talked about. But for the sake of time progression and army updates and what not...

i recently picked up a cheap verminlord and was wondering what to build with it. Right now I’m leaning towards Corruptor or Lord Skreech. 

my Army is a hard mix of units, I do tend to use clans Pestilence and Moulder the most (because 8 rat ogres coming back on a 4+ or a 40 unit of monks with feel no pain sounds fun) but have storm vermin and clan rats, a bunch of Skyre things like artillery and doom wheels, bunch of different Leaders and Genaeral options. The only thing I don’t have are the gutter runners and night runners.

so yea any suggestions before I make a mistake?

1 hour ago, Lord Krungharr said:

Wow, this just made me realize Clan Rats must be Verminus.  I have a full Eshin/Gutter Runner army currently but want the Clanrats to let me use the Screaming Bell and Lightning Cannon for variety's sake.

Can a unit be double Death Frenzied?

Yes you can cast Death Frenzy and Dreaded Death Frenzy on the same unit and each model can pile in and attack twice when they are slain.

Pretty sure it's the Khorne FAQ that confirms this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TradeMark said:

So this looks like it was kinda already talked about. But for the sake of time progression and army updates and what not...

i recently picked up a cheap verminlord and was wondering what to build with it. Right now I’m leaning towards Corruptor or Lord Skreech. 

my Army is a hard mix of units, I do tend to use clans Pestilence and Moulder the most (because 8 rat ogres coming back on a 4+ or a 40 unit of monks with feel no pain sounds fun) but have storm vermin and clan rats, a bunch of Skyre things like artillery and doom wheels, bunch of different Leaders and Genaeral options. The only thing I don’t have are the gutter runners and night runners.

so yea any suggestions before I make a mistake?

Warpseers tend to be auto includes due to their utility. Between Skreech and Corrupter, I would go with the Corrupter due to his hero killing potential (even without SoJ) and his horde spell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I want to put the Sword of Judgement on my DeathMaster (with fighting claws), then he can be hidden until I get any of my Gutter Runners or Night Runners into combat with something juicy, then WHAM!

It works but it's a little trickier since he doesn't get to activate right away and he's revealed at the start of either combat phase. Just have to make sure you can pile in and hit something before it hits him.

Just makes me really hope we get a DoK styled release for Eshin since they're so old and the rules leave a lot to be desired.

Edited by Gwendar

6 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

It works but it's a little trickier since he doesn't get to activate right away and he's revealed at the start of either combat phase. Just have to make sure you can pile in and hit something before it hits him.

Best way to use the Deathmaster is to have the unit he pops out of base locking (2 or more models in base to base contact with) the target, then place the Deathmaster 2.9" away from the target. That way, you can (hopefully) wait until the target has activated and they will more than likely not be able to hit the Deathmaster, then activate ol' sneaky boi and have him pile in and bop the target.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

Warpseers tend to be auto includes due to their utility. Between Skreech and Corrupter, I would go with the Corrupter due to his hero killing potential (even without SoJ) and his horde spell.

So basically from what I’m reading, his major utility is the Command Point generator and and battleshock insta pass correct? And spells of corse.

33 minutes ago, bitchparty said:

Best way to use the Deathmaster is to have the unit he pops out of base locking (2 or more models in base to base contact with) the target, then place the Deathmaster 2.9" away from the target. That way, you can (hopefully) wait until the target has activated and they will more than likely not be able to hit the Deathmaster, then activate ol' sneaky boi and have him pile in and bop the target.

True, I think him getting killed off by a one off 3" range weapon (or them activating and piling in towards him with 2") just always made me paranoid of it. In practice it's easy enough to do if you pay attention.

10 minutes ago, TradeMark said:

So basically from what I’m reading, his major utility is the Command Point generator and and battleshock insta pass correct? And spells of corse.

For me, yes. Warpgale is very powerful, especially when combined with WLV + Shackles for the "Skaven Trap". If you do what most people do and give him Verminous Valour and Suspicious Stone he becomes a good tank and he can do reasonable damage.. although I would rather use a different artifact most of the time since I don't take any of our battalions.

4 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

For me, yes. Warpgale is very powerful, especially when combined with WLV + Shackles for the "Skaven Trap". If you do what most people do and give him Verminous Valour and Suspicious Stone he becomes a good tank and he can do reasonable damage.. although I would rather use a different artifact most of the time since I don't take any of our battalions.

Ok thanks. Seems legit, don’t have the shackles tho. But who knows what the future hold right.

if anything the people I play with are very casual (usually) so counts as I can try the others out. Thank you for your time and knowledge.

May your tunnels be filled with rats 🐭

• Like 1

So I'm building a double screaming bell list. I'm wondering if warpseer is worth it in a list with two huge battleshock immune bubbles. 

400pts - 2 screaming bells 

200 - 2 warlock bombardiers

260 - warpseer

520 - 40x40x20 clanrats

360 - 2 warplightning cannons

100 - warplightning vortex

Final 160 points could be warlord on b.horror, 10 gutter runners, or two rattling guns.

2000pts

I usually use gutter runners for my last points but I've noticed that I have buffs I'm not using via the engineers so I've been thinking about some rattling guns. 

I've also noticed that even with just one bell and the warpseer I tend to have way more CP than I  need, so Im thinking I could use that overflow to pump up a unit of clanrats with death frenzy and multiple gnash gnaws (apparently the b.horror warlord can spam his) to get some damage out of them.

Should I keep the warpseer or could I make better use of those 260 points in this list?

5 hours ago, bitchparty said:

Yes you can cast Death Frenzy and Dreaded Death Frenzy on the same unit and each model can pile in and attack twice when they are slain.

Pretty sure it's the Khorne FAQ that confirms this.

Do you get pile in twice? Pile in and attack, then pile the same model in and attack? 

10 minutes ago, gronnelg said:

Do you get pile in twice? Pile in and attack, then pile the same model in and attack? 

Each model that dies can pile in and attack twice one at a time, though if you show everyone can make it in you can roll all the attacks together.

6 hours ago, Verminlord said:

So I'm building a double screaming bell list. I'm wondering if warpseer is worth it in a list with two huge battleshock immune bubbles. 

400pts - 2 screaming bells 

200 - 2 warlock bombardiers

260 - warpseer

520 - 40x40x20 clanrats

360 - 2 warplightning cannons

100 - warplightning vortex

Final 160 points could be warlord on b.horror, 10 gutter runners, or two rattling guns.

2000pts

I usually use gutter runners for my last points but I've noticed that I have buffs I'm not using via the engineers so I've been thinking about some rattling guns. 

I've also noticed that even with just one bell and the warpseer I tend to have way more CP than I  need, so Im thinking I could use that overflow to pump up a unit of clanrats with death frenzy and multiple gnash gnaws (apparently the b.horror warlord can spam his) to get some damage out of them.

Should I keep the warpseer or could I make better use of those 260 points in this list?

I just recently saw someone using 4 Bells so... that was interesting. With 2 Bells you have a bit better chance of summoning in a VL, so you could potentially get that Warbringer out if you're lucky for a double Death Frenzy. I would worry about CP generation to fuel the Gnash-Gnaws if you don't bring the Warpseer at the start.

I would probably just throw in the Clawlord on Brood Horror since your engineers will be on overcharge duty without anything else to buff. I prefer shooting (especially now that the meta is looking more and more like shooting will be returning to counter all the combat phase shenanigans) so I would rather go with the Ratlings, but I think the Clawlord option with Death Frenzy can work just as well if you get a lot of them in.. but I also have bad luck with Ratlings typically so there's that.

• Thanks 1

So settled on this list for Heat 2 next weekend, getting a couple of practice games in tonight.

Trying to decide on which Verminlord to build incase I summon one, I originally was going to go for the Corruptor for his Plague Spell, but I'm feeling the Deceiver will be better for the combat punch. What do you guys recommend?

LEADERS
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (200)
- General
- Command Trait : Verminous Valour
- Lore of Ruin : Plague
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
- Artefact : Suspicious Stone
Arch-Warlock (160)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism : More-more-more Warp Power!
Grey Seer (120)
- Lore of Ruin : Warpgale

UNITS
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

9 x Warplock Jezzails (420)

WAR MACHINES
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)