5kaven5lave

@SleeperAgent

Ok, well good luck with your vision but the chances of any of it being realised in the next 2-3 years is little to none. We have one of the best Battletomes in the game right now and any new models we were getting, we’d already have them. Best focus on what we have for now, which is frankly the envy of all the other factions. 

6 hours ago, mmimzie said:

So the army right now i working off either the trap of the vortex + endless spells and warpseer block if i go first, or the threat of clan rats if i go second.

I feel like it's a matter of time before the WLV stops being as effective. It's great now, but that's largely due to people not understanding it and clumping things together more (which if you're an army like NH, you don't have much of a choice) which absolutely shreds them. It's the same issue people had with the Stormcast comet, but the complaints about that died out once people understand how to avoid getting annihilated by it.

But yeah, I know the 10 Stormvermin are just tax for that but I see where you're going with the other list option. I'd give it a shot.

6 hours ago, SleeperAgent said:

Acolytes are even worse.

I want the army to have some differences.

5 hours ago, SleeperAgent said:

I want a decent unit of battleline thats between paper acolytes and costly stormfiends.

In units of less than 20, yes, they are. They need to be in a big unit of 20-30 (preferably 25-30) and be hit with MMMWP, Vigordust and a Spark and you will change your mind. They have a 20" threat range if you auto-run them 6 and they will absolutely delete nearly anything they get in range of with those buffs.. hell, even without them they still do quite well. Various people (including Dan Brewer) have mentioned blocks of 30 doing upwards of 60+ damage from these. If you don't want to bring Monks, you bring these to act as your hammer. Stormfiends are probably now best for their shooting ability but these too really need the Skryre buffs to be effective.

Going purely 1 Clan isn't terrible, but competitive lists are always going to bring those 60-120 Clanrats for screens and objectives. If you want to play more casually, pure Clans are fine. But bottom line is those Clanrats are some of the best battleline in the game and running without them is hindering yourself so I see no issue in painting\converting them to look more Skrye-y and match aesthetic. Lore-wise, each Clan has\hires Clanrats to fulfill this role so they shouldn't feel too out of place if you think like that.

As @mmimzie said, we're largely a jack-of-all, master of a few and you need to play to those strengths. Having access to the same level of teleportation as Sylvaneth wouldn't feel right when that's their gimmick and it should remain as such in my opinion.

Otherwise yeah, updated models in plastic would be great but I agree with @5kaven5lave that we're going to be waiting 2-3 years minimum before we see anything. I still anticipate somewhere along the line that Eshin gets a DoK style release due to their low amount of models (outdated at that) and their presence lore-wise.

Edited by Gwendar

2 hours ago, Gwendar said:

I feel like it's a matter of time before the WLV stops being as effective

I don't disagree which is why for my pick up games i am very clear with my opponents not to clumb up thier army, but honestly in AoS in a game with lots of AoE buffs and moren ew armies with Wholly withing effects that is almost unavoidable. Heck DoK needs to clump a lot to get all thier buffs in order. Also the logest cross sections of the venn diagram of influence is 20" which is very difficult to dodge  even more so when it's come where important. 

I use the WLV as a character sniper more than anything, just put the spell directly around or near the enemies key hero  and maybe tough a few units. Generally the side units can escape or not depending on how fast they are, but the hero in the middle is doomed to die more often than not.

2 hours ago, Gwendar said:

10 Stormvermin are just tax

Yeah, but the drop reduction and extra artifact is a nice side perk. I will play with it. it was teh list i was playing with first and it struggle against FEC because i couldn't get enough bite on those darn terrogiest. 

1 hour ago, Saodexan said:

In the core rule book  section re-roll " You can never re-roll a dice more than once ". So no you can't.

I forget'it...

Buffing whit more more more Warp Power still a viable option how you use them?

4 hours ago, mmimzie said:

I don't disagree which is why for my pick up games i am very clear with my opponents not to clumb up thier army, but honestly in AoS in a game with lots of AoE buffs and moren ew armies with Wholly withing effects that is almost unavoidable. Heck DoK needs to clump a lot to get all thier buffs in order. Also the logest cross sections of the venn diagram of influence is 20" which is very difficult to dodge  even more so when it's come where important. 

I use the WLV as a character sniper more than anything, just put the spell directly around or near the enemies key hero  and maybe tough a few units. Generally the side units can escape or not depending on how fast they are, but the hero in the middle is doomed to die more often than not.

All true, which is why my local meta has a hard time dealing with it since it's a lot of close knit armies, most of which usually can't unbind it aside from a Tzeentch player. Dead heroes for these armies early on is generally an assured victory for me in a lot of my games. I'm curious to see if all the complaining ends up finding it adjusted. 

4 minutes ago, Luca said:

I forget'it...

Buffing whit more more more Warp Power still a viable option how you use them?

They still get the wound rerolls from MMMWP. Normally I only buff mine with Deranged Inventor to give them back their hit re-rolls if I needed to move them. I save MMMWP for big blocks of Acolytes typically unless I think the Jezzails will be of more use rerolling wounds. 

• Like 1

Yeah not sure it dependso n the meta if it will need a points boost. i know that WLV is good enough with out kills as stoping flying and running, and forcing opponents to live a massive area (alittle under 1/6th the whole table) is pretty big. Not to mention most foot heros that die to this spell pay for the spell.  

That said it depends on how much anti magic/bad luck is in the meta. 

That said looking at tournament wining list lots of skaven and FeC out there. Not sure if it just requirs a shift in the meta like with daughters, or if there is a real issue.  Even weirder as FeC and Skaven require two pretty different forms of counter play. 

Edited by mmimzie

But is it really the WLV combo winning those games? Plenty of people on both sides saying the WLV is either OP or it isn't and I stand by it not needing drastic changes (if any). I typically can't get it off vs. Tzeentch and Khorne can be troublesome as well.. any player complaining about it killing all of their heroes needs to learn that lesson 1 time and start thinking harder about deployment and movement phases.

As discussed however, wholly within ranges are typically quite short and abundant now so, what can you really do? I imagine it will get some sort of change, but at the same time I don't.. and the reason for that is because the power creep on all of these new tomes seems to be evening things out. Sticking a big block of 30 Vulkites somewhere will be another shift to the meta. The more that things get released, the more things will equal out and thus there's a good chance that the WLV + Warpgale + Shackles combo will have something comparable show up from another army in the future.

Everyone thought Witch Aelves were far too strong and the tournament evidence supported that. But as time has gone on, they begin to equal out with things of similar power cropping up. The same goes for us and FeC.

51 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

But is it really the WLV combo winning those games? Plenty of people on both sides saying the WLV is either OP or it isn't and I stand by it not needing drastic changes (if any). I typically can't get it off vs. Tzeentch and Khorne can be troublesome as well.. any player complaining about it killing all of their heroes needs to learn that lesson 1 time and start thinking harder about deployment and movement phases.

As discussed however, wholly within ranges are typically quite short and abundant now so, what can you really do? I imagine it will get some sort of change, but at the same time I don't.. and the reason for that is because the power creep on all of these new tomes seems to be evening things out. Sticking a big block of 30 Vulkites somewhere will be another shift to the meta. The more that things get released, the more things will equal out and thus there's a good chance that the WLV + Warpgale + Shackles combo will have something comparable show up from another army in the future.

Well I wouldn’t really call the wpv op.

Its very strong, especially against the new meta of charging in the first turn while destroying everything, which we are starting to see with the Witch Aelves, deepkins, flesh eater courts and etc.

not being able to fly or move as fast as possible from one end to the other will be a huge issue for this army, while the skaven still have a few more spells which can render their charge and runs to near useless.

to tell the truth I think this spell was made to deal with such problems.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well I wouldn’t really call the wpv op.

Its very strong, especially against the new meta of charging in the first turn while destroying everything, which we are starting to see with the Witch Aelves, deepkins, flesh eater courts and etc.

not being able to fly or move as fast as possible from one end to the other will be a huge issue for this army, while the skaven still have a few more spells which can render their charge and runs to near useless.

to tell the truth I think this spell was made to deal with such problems.

Right, I was arguing that it isn't OP like most people claim it to be. FeC and Skaven caused the meta to shift; I know I typically see more shooting\magic now to deal with FeC specifically and a big block of 30 Vulkite will not care about a Gristlegore TG with their new changes. Skaven are great at a few things but we still have our own weaknesses to worry about in our defense. My experience with them has been to hit hard as fast as possible with shooting\magic because as great as Clanrats are, they cannot always play the long game against a combat heavy army.

WLV and it's combo are definitely a great answer to some things but can be avoided or have little effect on some armies. I expect quite a lot out of the coming books to further shake things up. Until everyone gets an update, things will be off-kilter when you compare army A to army B.

12 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Anyone running a Corruptor solo without other pestilens as an antihorde brute? Or is a warpseer/warbringer better for utility?

I think as a general rule the Warpseer is better for the same points if you’re only taking one but the Corruptor has its uses. If you’re taking big blocks that 26” no battleshock paired with its difficult-to-kill-ness is hard to ignore for 260 points. 

Having a Easter Day game with a mate today so I’ve decided to go a bit mental with my special Easter gunline list. I’ll let you all know how badly I lose a bit later:

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Trait: Deranged Inventor  
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector  
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Warlock Bombardier (100)
Warlock Engineer (100)

Battleline
25 x Skryre Acolytes (300)
6 x Stormfiends (520)
3 x Stormfiends (260)

Units
6 x Warplock Jezzails (280)

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Endless Spells
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 115

The 6 Fiends have to be melee unfortunately but I’m just going to MMWP the Acolytes first and then take it from there. Hoping the list will be fun to play!!

Edited by 5kaven5lave
Can’t spell.

Hey guys, been playing tons of AoS this easter, lot's of 2v2, some 1v1. Anyway! We stumbled upon something when facing Tzeentch.
The opponent had Curseling, Eye of Tzeentch. I casted Warp Lightning Vortex, and Curseling managed to dispell it. 

It states in the Curseling warscroll:

"Each time a Curseling successfully unbinds an enemy spell, he can immediately attempt to cast it himself even though it is your opponent’s hero phase. If this spell is cast, your opponent cannot attempt to unbind it."

But, on the Warp Lightning Vortex warscroll it states:

"Summon Warp Lightning Vortex has a casting value of 8. Only Skaventide Wizards can attempt to cast this spell."

So the question is, would the Curseling be able to cast the Vortex?

The more experienced player on my team meant that we would not be able to cast it, cause it's stated as Skaventide Wizards only.

Question: When you over-charge ratling gun you "double the Attacks characteristic for that attack" but if "the roll that determines the Attacks characteristic is a double, this model is slain..." So are we: 

1. rolling 2d6 and doubling the result (rolling doubles kills the model after attacks are resolved) 

2. rolling two 2d6 (rolling doubles for either result kills the model after attacks are resolved)

3. rolling 4d6 (If any two dice are doubles the model is slain after attacks are resolved) 

1 hour ago, Verminlord said:

Question: When you over-charge ratling gun you "double the Attacks characteristic for that attack" but if "the roll that determines the Attacks characteristic is a double, this model is slain..." So are we: 

1. rolling 2d6 and doubling the result (rolling doubles kills the model after attacks are resolved) 

2. rolling two 2d6 (rolling doubles for either result kills the model after attacks are resolved)

3. rolling 4d6 (If any two dice are doubles the model is slain after attacks are resolved) 

The first one is correct. It's on the Skaven Battletome FAQ 
Q: I found the ‘More-more Warplead!’ rule for the Ratling Gun rather confusing. Can you explain in layman’s terms how it works?
A: Certainly. Normally when you fire a Ratling Gun it makes 2D6 attacks. The ‘More-more Warplead!’ rule allows you to double the number of attacks, as long as you say you wish to do so before the dice roll is made. However, if you say that you will double the number of attacks and the dice roll is a double (e.g. two 1s, two 2s, etc.), then after all of the attacks have been made and you have inflicted any damage that they caused, the attacking model is slain.

Edited by Saodexan
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Darkhan said:

Hey guys, been playing tons of AoS this easter, lot's of 2v2, some 1v1. Anyway! We stumbled upon something when facing Tzeentch.
The opponent had Curseling, Eye of Tzeentch. I casted Warp Lightning Vortex, and Curseling managed to dispell it. 

It states in the Curseling warscroll:

"Each time a Curseling successfully unbinds an enemy spell, he can immediately attempt to cast it himself even though it is your opponent’s hero phase. If this spell is cast, your opponent cannot attempt to unbind it."

But, on the Warp Lightning Vortex warscroll it states:

"Summon Warp Lightning Vortex has a casting value of 8. Only Skaventide Wizards can attempt to cast this spell."

So the question is, would the Curseling be able to cast the Vortex?

The more experienced player on my team meant that we would not be able to cast it, cause it's stated as Skaventide Wizards only.

I think the Malign Sorcery FAQ answer it. 
Q: Some abilities allow a model to know additional spells, including additional endless spells. In a Pitched Battle, can you use these abilities to cast endless spells if you did not spend the points for those endless spells? In addition, can these abilities be used to cast endless spells that can normally only be cast by Wizards that have a specific keyword?
A: No to both questions.

If the Curseling do not have the points, the models or the keyword to cast the endless spell, he just can't.

Edited by Saodexan
  • Thanks 1

I am going to a tournament soon and was thinking of this as a list, what do you Think?

Allegiance: Skaventide - Mortal Realm: Ulgu
LEADERS
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
- General
- Command Trait : Master of Magic
Grey Seer (120)
- Lore of Ruin : Death Frenzy
Arch-Warlock (160)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism : More-more-more Warp Power!
Verminlord Corruptor (260)
- Artefact : Sword of Judgement
UNITS
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Woe-stave
- 1 x Icon of Pestilence - 1 x Contagion Banner - 1 x Doom Gongs