5kaven5lave

7 hours ago, Saodexan said:

Don't forget Acolyte are on 32mm base now. 

5 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

It was me, they confirmed that 32mm was correct and that 25mm was a misprint. It’s been changed to 32mm on the base size thing now as well. 

No. Until further notice they're staying on 25's. Someone posted up an email conversation with rules team on FB a couple days ago saying that they should be on 25's and the FAQ change was incorrect. This was further reinforced as a misprint since the Acolytes name wasn't pink (like everything else) and only the base size was. They also pointed out how they "come with a 20mm square and 25mm base" despite the fact they actually come with 32's apparently. Supposedly, all would be changed (again) in the next big FAQ 2019.

Really can't understand how GW are fubar'ing this so hard, so I simply won't paint them until this is once and for all put to rest.

3 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

8894DD81-A261-4964-A6C2-E9944C344C55.gif.87a40258e44c279ffde0aa115a37103e.gif

don't tell me you never wanted to field a triangle of doom (3Doomwheels in formation)

are you sure your not getting sick😳

The more we talk about it  the more I'm inclined to buy two more just for hilarity.

Edited by Gwendar

The issue with base sizes is that as I see it you've got packaging, game balance and community reps plus whoever writes the community base size article. All different teams and clearly there is a communication breakdown between them somewhere along the way! 

I also think that sometimes there's a bit of an internal fight because balancing wants the base to change but packaging doesn't so one of them tends to win over the other and force the change through. It's silly and GW shouldn't have this issue, but I think its how they compartmentalize their departments. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gwendar said:

No. Until further notice they're staying on 25's. Someone posted up an email conversation with rules team on FB a couple days ago saying that they should be on 25's and the FAQ change was incorrect. This was further reinforced as a misprint since the Acolytes name wasn't pink (like everything else) and only the base size was. They also pointed out how they "come with a 20mm square and 25mm base" despite the fact they actually come with 32's apparently. Supposedly, all would be changed (again) in the next big FAQ 2019.

Ah, interesting. Well, I put mine on the 32mms they came with to paint them (done 15 so far) but haven’t based them yet. 

28 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Ah, interesting. Well, I put mine on the 32mms they came with to paint them (done 15 so far) but haven’t based them yet. 

Locally, no one will care so I'm not super concerned about it in that regard. As much of a hassle as it would be to clip 30 of them off their bases, I would do it if we could just get a clear answer.

A store manager told me how they have a lot of people doing multiple jobs based on what they've seen at their training's. One guy apparently write books, contribute to rules, community management, and art\modeling...etc etc and puts in "probably at least 80 hours a week".

Some of you may enjoy the latest Faction Focus: Skaven.

Join Dan Grey Seer Danquol Brewer (@Dan_Brewer89), Thomas the Unclean Holdsworth (@GoatingFaint), and I (@AnthonyMagro) as we unpack the Skaven in Warhammer Age of Sigmar. 

In this video, we explore the factions strengths, weaknesses, list builds, tactics, and recommendations. These generals are highly experienced in this allegiance and will help both new and experienced players.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

10 minutes ago, MrCharisma said:

Some of you may enjoy the latest Faction Focus: Skaven.

Join Dan Grey Seer Danquol Brewer (@Dan_Brewer89), Thomas the Unclean Holdsworth (@GoatingFaint), and I (@AnthonyMagro) as we unpack the Skaven in Warhammer Age of Sigmar. 

In this video, we explore the factions strengths, weaknesses, list builds, tactics, and recommendations. These generals are highly experienced in this allegiance and will help both new and experienced players.

Love it.

• Like 1

Hello, tomorrow i have a 1500 battle versius Legions of Nagash. He maybe will use grand host of Nagash with Nagash as general o legion of Night with Mannfred as general.

The battle will be with aleatory match of the new General Handbooks.

I have clear that i will use this:

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Trait: Deranged Inventor 
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (200)
- Artefact: Suspicious Stone 
- Lore of Ruin: Plague

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
3 x Stormfiends (260)
3 x Warplock Jezzails (140)

Total: 1200 / 2000

For the other 300 points i doubt beetwenn this options:

1: Plague Priest (80)
Hell Pit Abomination (220)

2: 3 x Stormfiends (260)

3: 1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
Doomwheel (160)

Which of these three options is more reccomendable?

16 minutes ago, Sartxac said:

For the other 300 points i doubt beetwenn this options:

1: Plague Priest (80)
Hell Pit Abomination (220)

2: 3 x Stormfiends (260)

3: 1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
Doomwheel (160)

Which of these three options is more reccomendable?

If your foe-friend is going for a heavy horde army (elite or not doesn’t matter in this case) I’d go for the third option.

if his playing more elite (many vampire cav. And other big monsters) go for the extra Stormfiends unit, who can do a lot of damage with their rattling gun and other range/melee weapons.

The hell pit abomination isn’t bad either since it gives you a solution for both cases, although I’m not sure for what the plague priest is good for 

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Thanks 1

@Sartxac I would also argue that taking 3 Jezzails won't do you too many favors and you would be better off even just 1 WLC or filling up on bodies in exchange. I would also recommend taking 1x6 Stormfiends armed with Ratlings\Windlaunchers\Your choice melee. Bigger units like this are great targets for Arch-Warlock buffs.

Other than that, I think your best options from what you suggested are the HPA or Doomwheel.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

If your foe-friend is going for a heavy horde army (elite or not doesn’t matter in this case) I’d go for the third option.

if his playing more elite (many vampire cav. And other big monsters) go for the extra Stormfiends unit, who can do a lot of damage with their rattling gun and other range/melee weapons.

The hell pit abomination isn’t bad either since it gives you a solution for both cases, although I’m not sure for what the plague priest is good for 

I don't know the type of army of my oponent. I'm a Spanish player in a Barcelona league. I only know the 2 generals that he could use.

13 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

@Sartxac I would also argue that taking 3 Jezzails won't do you too many favors and you would be better off even just 1 WLC or filling up on bodies in exchange. I would also recommend taking 1x6 Stormfiends armed with Ratlings\Windlaunchers\Your choice melee. Bigger units like this are great targets for Arch-Warlock buffs.

Other than that, I think your best options from what you suggested are the HPA or Doomwheel.

ok, ¿this is the best option?

Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
6 x Stormfiends (520)  ¿2 ratlings + 2 wind or 1 wind + 1 fire?
Doomwheel (160)

Total: 1480 / 2000

Whit Deranged Inventor + more-more Warp Power can i repeat to hit twice?

Edited by Sartxac

1 hour ago, Sartxac said:

ok, ¿this is the best option?

Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
6 x Stormfiends (520)  ¿2 ratlings + 2 wind or 1 wind + 1 fire?
Doomwheel (160)

Total: 1480 / 2000

Whit Deranged Inventor + more-more Warp Power can i repeat to hit twice?

2 Windlaunchers. Also, you can never re-roll a re-roll, but Deranged Inventor can be used as a backup in case MMMWP doesn't go off. It won't re-roll wounds, but re-rolling hits on all that shooting is still great. You could also use it on the Doomwheel if it's in range.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

2 Windlaunchers. Also, you can never re-roll a re-roll, but Deranged Inventor can be used as a backup in case MMMWP doesn't go off. It won't re-roll wounds, but re-rolling hits on all that shooting is still great. You could also use it on the Doomwheel if it's in range.

Ok, thanks i will use this army. But no flamethrowers versius a horde army... I'm afraid.😖😖😖

Finally, if i want do more 1 damage with the rutling guns and winds of the stormiends must i spend 2 warspstone packs or 1 for all the unit?

Edited by Sartxac

1 hour ago, Sartxac said:

Ok, thanks i will use this army. But no flamethrowers versius a horde army... I'm afraid.😖😖😖

Finally, if i want do more 1 damage with the rutling guns and winds of the stormiends must i spend 2 warspstone packs or 1 for all the unit?

I mean, you could definitely bring along warpfire instead if you wish, but I think the Ratling + Windlauncher combo will be mince apart any horde unit anyway. Remember you can split attacks, so you could split them up between the horde units and heroes. As for actual Warpfire Teams they can be a bit hard to pull off. They work better on Stormfiends due to their survivability but the Warpfire teams can have a hard time getting in range to be worth it and they're easily targeted by spells\shooting.

And no, sparks affect the whole unit, not individual weapons. You can only use 1 per phase anyway and since it affects 3 units, you could use it on a Doomwheel and the Stormfiend unit, but with it's fairly short range you will likely already have the Doomwheel elsewhere.

Edited by Gwendar
  • Thanks 1

Hey All! Quick question - I have 5 of the warpfire thrower teams from the IoB kit, and I want to convert some to Ratling Gunners for a little bit of list diversity. I know it will vary from list to list, but IN GENERAL would you guys recommend I have 2 Warpfire and 3 Gunners, or 3 Warpfire and 2 Gunners? I don't have plans to convert Jezzails at the moment, so RG would make up most of my long range fire support (Not including a WLC)

Thanks!

2 hours ago, TheBluMnM said:

Hey All! Quick question - I have 5 of the warpfire thrower teams from the IoB kit, and I want to convert some to Ratling Gunners for a little bit of list diversity. I know it will vary from list to list, but IN GENERAL would you guys recommend I have 2 Warpfire and 3 Gunners, or 3 Warpfire and 2 Gunners? I don't have plans to convert Jezzails at the moment, so RG would make up most of my long range fire support (Not including a WLC)

Thanks!

I think, as a very general response, I’d go for 3 ratling guns, just so you can maximise overseer of destruction as a command trait (on a Skryre general) should you wish to, and also one spark hits all 3. Sparks won’t help warpfire or a wlc.

Pretty much everyone seems to go Skryre - Have anyone tinkered with a 1.000 - 1.500 pts. list consisting of mostly large units of Plague Monks? With the Skaventide buffs being granted to big units, plus extra attacks on the charge, plus potential MWs when damaged, they don't sound that bad. I used to play Skaven like 15 years ago, and with the recent release of the Battle Tome I'm heavily considered trying my luck again with a Pestilens army.

6 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Pretty much everyone seems to go Skryre - Have anyone tinkered with a 1.000 - 1.500 pts. list consisting of mostly large units of Plague Monks? With the Skaventide buffs being granted to big units, plus extra attacks on the charge, plus potential MWs when damaged, they don't sound that bad. I used to play Skaven like 15 years ago, and with the recent release of the Battle Tome I'm heavily considered trying my luck again with a Pestilens army.

Nop but I usually go very heavy out on Verminus, and mix a few moulder, skyre, Eshin and/or pestilence units into the list.

For example the current list I’ll be using soon, will be consisting of:

A Verminlord Warbringer:260p (General, brutal fury)

1Clawlord:100p (with the get a extra attack for each 1your opponent roles command trait) 

1Grey seer:120p (snoutgrouvel robe, warpgale)

1Warlock bombardier:100p(mmwp)

battleline

2x40clanrats:400p(shields and handweapons)

40Stormvermins:500p

others

30acolytes:320p

5Gutter runners:60p

total2000p

Has anybody been keeping the scaffolding off the gnaw holes and just filling in the post holes with green stuff? I don't think it looks all that great, not to mention it's obnoxious and fiddly to build, so I'm thinking my gnaw holes will just be gnaw holes with out any additional construction.

3 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Nop but I usually go very heavy out on Verminus, and mix a few moulder, skyre, Eshin and/or pestilence units into the list.

For example the current list I’ll be using soon, will be consisting of:

A Verminlord Warbringer:260p (General, brutal fury)

1Clawlord:100p (with the get a extra attack for each 1your opponent roles command trait) 

1Grey seer:120p (snoutgrouvel robe, warpgale)

1Warlock bombardier:100p(mmwp)

battleline

2x40clanrats:400p(shields and handweapons)

40Stormvermins:500p

others

30acolytes:320p

5Gutter runners:60p

total2000p

As much as I appreciate your list, it doesn't contain a single Plague Monk. 😋

27 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Has anybody been keeping the scaffolding off the gnaw holes and just filling in the post holes with green stuff? I don't think it looks all that great, not to mention it's obnoxious and fiddly to build, so I'm thinking my gnaw holes will just be gnaw holes with out any additional construction.

Have done this and it’s fine, pretty sure quite a few others have too. Easier to transport too and it makes it an all-round quicker job to build and paint. 

4 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Have done this and it’s fine, pretty sure quite a few others have too. Easier to transport too and it makes it an all-round quicker job to build and paint. 

Oh yeah, the easier transport is a bonus I didn't think about either. That about settles it and that the way I'll got. If anything thing, I've got a bunch of rickety boards that might be useful for any scratch built terrain. Might spruce up the Goblin Town scenery from the Hobbit.

1 hour ago, bsharitt said:

Do this. Its just a better experience. The scaffolding looks abit goofy if you ask me anyway. 

4 hours ago, Kasper said:

We've discussed quite a bit involving the damage output of 40 Plague Monks, particularly with Staff + Blade and you could be looking at 7 attacks on the charge and fully buffing them can really magnify their output which will let them do even more than Witch Aelves. I don't use them personally as I prefer a "hammer" of Acolytes, but if you throw in 40 Monks you have one of the best combat hammer units in the game... assuming you don't let them get hit first.

1 hour ago, bsharitt said:

I kept mine off like others have said. I use magnetic trays and already have limited space when it comes to height so I didn't want to mess with them. Definitely saves you time since building the scaffolding in the first place isn't really fun if you glance at the instructions.