5kaven5lave

14 hours ago, Donut Assassin said:

Back from adepticon with my rats. Think I did well with my rats. It became a 5 way tie in overall score for 1st place Best Overall. Ended up taking Best General Chaos and another Skaven player took 2nd place Best Overall. Fun times!

BE46156A-512D-4854-AC74-1B3551B80488.jpeg

Grats! What list did you take?

• Like 1

Hey guys, I played a game over the weekend vs Skaven and ran into a buffed up verminlord that seemed a bit off to me.  He was running a Verminlord Corrupter Warpseer with a 4+ rerollable save, then two 5+ ward saves and a third 5+ for passing wounds off to a nearby unit.  Is that right or was he misplaying something there?

Edited by Drofnum

33 minutes ago, Drofnum said:

Hey guys, I played a game over the weekend vs Skaven and ran into a buffed up verminlord that seemed a bit off to me.  He was running a Verminlord Corrupter Warpseer with a 4+ rerollable save, then two 5+ ward saves and a third 5+ for passing wounds off to a nearby unit.  Is that right or was he misplaying something there?

Nop that’s literally a combo that works.

welcome to the domains of the under empire!!

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 4/1/2019 at 4:18 AM, gronnelg said:

@Asamu Thanks for the pointer! Warpgale it is! My list is rather magic heavy, which is why I thought  Master of Magic was a good trait for the grey seer. But making the warpseer more durable is better you think?

The stormfiends are equiped with warpfire, shock guantlet, and warpgrinder. So I was going to burrow them, for some backfield harassment. Nice quipment outfit of the warlock. I was thinking that more more more warp power was a bit unrealiable to get of with the high casting value?
Thanks for your help!

I didn't suggest changing the trait; just the artefact, because the one you had listed is for battleshock immunity, which you didn't need with a warpseer and furnace. Master of magic is great in the list to get spells off a bit more reliably.

More more warp power is a bit unreliable, but it's a massive buff, and you can at least get the +1 from being near a gnawhole.

Edited by Asamu
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Nop that’s literally a combo that works.

welcome to the domains of the under empire!!

From what I understood from the wording, the 5+ pass off (verminous valor?) Happens before the rest no?

8 minutes ago, States said:

From what I understood from the wording, the 5+ pass off (verminous valor?) Happens before the rest no?

Yes you are correct on this one.

the verminous valour allows you to give off wounds or mortal wounds before the model suffers them but after the save roll.

the ward save and artefact allow you o ignore suffered wounds or mortal wounds so the command trait verminous valour is used before the ability protection of the horned rat or the suspicious stone artefact activates.

but after he made his normal reroll able save.

54 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yes you are correct on this one.

the verminous valour allows you to give off wounds or mortal wounds before the model suffers them but after the save roll.

the ward save and artefact allow you o ignore suffered wounds or mortal wounds so the command trait verminous valour is used before the ability protection of the horned rat or the suspicious stone artefact activates.

but after he made his normal reroll able save.

So I guess in a way @Drofnum got the bad end if they applied the ward saves first. If valour kicked in effect first, they would most likely start killing off clanrats earlier

5 hours ago, States said:

So I guess in a way @Drofnum got the bad end if they applied the ward saves first. If valour kicked in effect first, they would most likely start killing off clanrats earlier

It probably would have helped a bit.  I could have killed off that protecting unit faster for sure.

5 minutes ago, Drofnum said:

It probably would have helped a bit.  I could have killed off that protecting unit faster for sure.

Not sure maybe, if your opponent doesn’t use at least 120clanrats

anyways: I just noticed that the gnash gnaw on their bones form the clawlord on Brood horror can be stacked.

could be a great combination if someone has  some CP left over.

Hey guys, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask but I was hoping to get some advice for transportation, particularly for gnawholes. What is your preferred method for transporting them to tournaments or your local game store? Do you keep the base and the wooden structure separate until you reach your destination, do you have them glued together and if so do transport them in foam / bubble wrap etc?

43 minutes ago, Ratzinkaiser said:

Hey guys, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask but I was hoping to get some advice for transportation, particularly for gnawholes. What is your preferred method for transporting them to tournaments or your local game store? Do you keep the base and the wooden structure separate until you reach your destination, do you have them glued together and if so do transport them in foam / bubble wrap etc?

I removed the wooden structure and piled them one onto the other. It works well because the models are carved in identically.

With Skaven doing so well nowadays, I find myself hovering other factions :o Is that weird? Anyone else having similar effects? (when you're taking a break from cherishing the ascendance of the great horned rat of course ;) )  

Granted, I was already dipping into Gloomspite for the sake of diversity, but you hopefully see the point. 

5 minutes ago, Mayple said:

With Skaven doing so well nowadays, I find myself hovering other factions :o Is that weird? Anyone else having similar effects? (when you're taking a break from cherishing the ascendance of the great horned rat of course ;) )  

Granted, I was already dipping into Gloomspite for the sake of diversity, but you hopefully see the point. 

Yep, completely agree. Everyone likes to be their own special snowflake!! I imagine once a few more tomes come out we’ll drop back into the group competitively, especially with all the Khorne and potentially Slaanesh debuff to cast stuff. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Yeah, same her.

before the skaven where popular, I was more or less one of the only skavenplayers in my whole country (it’s funny but true). People came to the local store just giving me their skaven models and armies most of the time for free.

with the Skaven now owning a book all of it changed.

there are times when Some kind of voice tells me to start a dispossesseds armie or collect a few more Ironjaws/greenskinz Model to have a truly wonderful destruction armie.

I even had the idea of building up another mixed Aelve armie fully converted of chaotic stuff, showing of how  dark Aelve should truly look like.

But for some reason it always takes me back to the skaven.

Book or no Book there is just something that brings me very time back to them.

maybe it’s the blessing of the great horned rat, or maybe a course send to me by Teclis, nobody knows, and nor do I care, in nothing can stop the might of the great horned rat, true and only chaos deity of the Realms.

Fear-fear the Vermintide,

Yes-yes

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Skaven will always be my #1 played and what I will take to any major tournament. Locally I also play FeC, BoC and contemplating building into Dispossessed once I sell my NH, IJ and Wanderers. Depends on how the GHB looks for them to be honest.

Variety is nice, but when it comes down to it I always value my rats over anything else. They were what got me into the hobby after all, so I hold them to a higher degree of appreciation.

Oh, and to @Ratzinkaiser I know some people (like myself) don't even bother with the scaffolding and just green stuff the holes where they're meant to go. They definitely look better with them, but I tend to value ease of transport over looks in this regard. 

Edited by Gwendar
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Darkhan said:

Anyone tried comparing 6 and 9 Jezzails? How they preform compared to each other.

Will be having my first skaven game this easter, just curious!:)

Well I tried a few combos with a unit of 6jezzails  and from what I can say, giving them the extra +1 damage makes them excellent hero’s with 5or less wounds, snipers. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Darkhan said:

Anyone tried comparing 6 and 9 Jezzails? How they preform compared to each other.

Will be having my first skaven game this easter, just curious!:)

Yeah, I think 6 definitely works well and should really be what you want to aim to take as a minimum squad instead of only 3. That said, so far I've had better luck using 9 over 2 WLC's whereas previously I was using 6 Jezzails + 1 WLC.

But anyway, 6 will do fine for most of your hero sniping purposes, 9 is just insurance to make sure the job gets done the first time (and to eat up the d3 MW's you take from MMMWP'ing them, if you so choose).

• Like 1

Hi guys, there has been a few great third party miniature designers lately.

for example there has been a great Modellen skaven clawlord miniature that might come soon.

so yeah hier it is hope you all like itE5B31EDC-0086-4BE4-91FF-D10740B04651.jpeg.0d0d77c32f103c2a4ce07b5f3fd2eceb.jpeg

sure the bonebracker May have lost its existence, but this model could be a great representation of a clawlord on Brood horror, just put it on a bigger base, and voila your much better looking clawlord on Brood horror.

also for those who are interested, can give their own ideas up for which model could be designed next.

hiers the link:

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 12:40 PM, Gwendar said:

Yeah, I think 6 definitely works well and should really be what you want to aim to take as a minimum squad instead of only 3. That said, so far I've had better luck using 9 over 2 WLC's whereas previously I was using 6 Jezzails + 1 WLC.

But anyway, 6 will do fine for most of your hero sniping purposes, 9 is just insurance to make sure the job gets done the first time (and to eat up the d3 MW's you take from MMMWP'ing them, if you so choose).

Now is this taking into account look out sir.

Also, looking for aid on who i should make my general:

Screamung bell: death frenzy

Warpseer w/suspcious stone

Warlord

Clawlord

Greyseer: warp-gale

4x 40xclanrats

WLV

Vermintide

Shackles

2xcp

1900/2000

Thinking either the bell or the verminlords should be general. The bell means i can more reliably cast death frenzy and he will be the most aggresicely positioned model helping with shackles and vermintide as well. Death frenzy being an important damage factor for the army. 

The warp seer though really wants helo casting warp gale.

The warlord could be general but he'w more vulnerable than the bell due to being a monster.

Edited by mmimzie

2 hours ago, mmimzie said:

Now is this taking into account look out sir.

That was counting vigordust + MMMWP and a spark for +1 damage. I really only run 6 of them at 1k and I will either take 9 or none at 2k, but that's preference really. Worse case scenario is you just target them at monters\elite units instead.

1 hour ago, mmimzie said:

Thinking either the bell or the verminlords should be general. The bell means i can more reliably cast death frenzy and he will be the most aggresicely positioned model helping with shackles and vermintide as well. Death frenzy being an important damage factor for the army. 

The warp seer though really wants helo casting warp gale.

The warlord could be general but he'w more vulnerable than the bell due to being a monster.

I would say put it on whoever you expect to be casting WLV the most as it really helps to have the Master of Magic trait + the Gnawhole arcane terrain. Of course, you do make a nice case for Death Frenzy as well if you feel that would be more beneficial in the long run of the game.

Edited by Gwendar
  • Like 1

Have also been thinking about WLC vs. Jezzails and have decided to give the Jezzails a bash, so gonna try this out. MMWP for Jezzails with the injector if needed, I didn’t see the point in Deranged Inventor as Jezzails already have this innately but maybe I’m missing something. Jezzails in a 2x20 Clanrat sandwich. Death Frenzy on Monks and the Seer 3-dicing WLV. Am a bit worried about lack of high-wound heroes but I’ll give it a go, any ideas appreciated. 

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector  
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Grey Seer (120)
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
- General
- Trait: Master of Magic  

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades
25 x Skryre Acolytes (300)
9 x Warplock Jezzails (420)

Endless Spells
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)
Vermintide (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 166

12 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Hi guys, there has been a few great third party miniature designers lately.

for example there has been a great Modellen skaven clawlord miniature that might come soon.

so yeah hier it is hope you all like itE5B31EDC-0086-4BE4-91FF-D10740B04651.jpeg.0d0d77c32f103c2a4ce07b5f3fd2eceb.jpeg

sure the bonebracker May have lost its existence, but this model could be a great representation of a clawlord on Brood horror, just put it on a bigger base, and voila your much better looking clawlord on Brood horror.

also for those who are interested, can give their own ideas up for which model could be designed next.

hiers the link:

Very cool concept, but I can't seem to find any actual casts on their store; just computer renders. I'd be very keen if their casting is good.

10 hours ago, Gwendar said:

That was counting vigordust + MMMWP and a spark for +1 damage. I really only run 6 of them at 1k and I will either take 9 or none at 2k, but that's preference really. Worse case scenario is you just target them at monters\elite units instead.

I would say put it on whoever you expect to be casting WLV the most as it really helps to have the Master of Magic trait + the Gnawhole arcane terrain. Of course, you do make a nice case for Death Frenzy as well if you feel that would be more beneficial in the long run of the game.

A Skryre wizard on Arcane Terrain using a warpspark to reroll casting is actually better at casting the Vortex than a Verminlord Warpseer with Master of Magic on Arcane terrain.  

Edit: Never mind, the list you were replying to doesn't actually have a Skryre wizard.

Edited by The_Yellow_Sign