5kaven5lave

6 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

He probably voted for me and not the model🥴

*sniff sniff* Is that... Is that weakness I'm smelling? Has my time come? Dorsal stabbing is in the air, yes-yes? 

On a more serious note, what do you guys think about stormvermin in non-maxed out units. Aren't they just overpriced clanrats without the +1+1?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, gronnelg said:

*sniff sniff* Is that... Is that weakness I'm smelling? Has my time come? Dorsal stabbing is in the air, yes-yes? 

Weak-thing you are,

But we can pledge-promise you-you great power.

45 minutes ago, gronnelg said:

On a more serious note, what do you guys think about stormvermin in non-maxed out units. Aren't they just overpriced clanrats without the +1+1?

Well Stormvermins can be a great unit if taken in 40s anything else and your better of taking clanrats.

Also I would recommend you to not take Stormvermins in any means For just having some body’s on the table, because this guys just cost too much for 140poimts per 10models.

your better of taking clanrats in such cases.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gronnelg said:

On top of what @Skreech Verminking said, If you want a heavy hitting unit then 40 plague monks are your best option and are a fraction of the cost of Stormvermin. I'm really hoping we see a points drop in the next GHB as I would really love to use them but I can't justify 500pts for 40.

Keep in mind that monks can be a bit annoying to roll attacks for when hits\wounds of 6 do different things so by the end of it all you may have 4 different piles of different effects that your opponent needs to roll saves for. Another option could be minimum 6 Rat Ogres, but these really need to be backed up by a Master Moulder in my opinion.

• Like 1

So, I won a Minor Victory on Blood and Glory in Ulgu vs. Stormcast (very popular in my local meta, not sure why) with my list, will do a quick recap. 

I had Arch Warlock with the good Skryre trait and artefact, Warpseer, Grey Seer and Bombardier, 3x20 Clanrats, 40 Monks and 25 Acolytes, 2 WLC and the Vortex. 

He had a bit of a mongrel list which was about 2300 points as he was trying stuff out. Stardrake and a Tauralon, few heroes, decent amount of shooting. 

Played overly defensively for most of the game, lost one WLC before it could even shoot but basically the match flipped when I one-shotted his Tauralon with a WLC and melted his Staunch Defending Stardrake (22 wounds in one round) with MMWP Acolytes in round 3. Once that happened I was always gonna get at least a minor as the Warpseer probably kept about 30-40 models on the table. 

So did ok. My magic phases didn’t go as I’d like but the Warpseer is rightfully an autoinclude, great model with great rules. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Hmm well what do you folks think of my current list idea going kind of master clan/magic damage heavy:

Warspeer General master of magic/suspicious stone
Warbringer
Greyseer: Plague
Greyseer: Warp gale
Screaming bell: Death Frenzy

40x Clan Rats
40x Clan Rats
40x Clan Rats

40x Plague Monks

Warp Lightning Vortex
Pendulum
Vermintide
Soul Snares

I could drop snares and vermintide for a CP, but vermintide was far and away my MVP in my last game not for damage, but just as a wall  (it also did more damage than my warp lightning vortex did).

Basicly plan is to slow down the enemy and win on objectives, Killing key targets with the monks as need be.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gwendar said:

And Thanquol is in fact on a 90mm now which is..great? He already seemed to just fit on a 105mm

Oh well, glad I hadn't based him although with my most recent lists he won't see much use anyway.

He actually fits quite well on a 90mm once he is on there

2 hours ago, Verminlord said:

What do you guys think will be affected in the ghb? I can't imagine warpseer not going up in points. Maybe plague monks going up, stormvermin down?

Warpseer and Deceiver should probably swap points. Warpseer would still be amazing at 300 points.

Wouldn't surprise me if Plague Monks go up.

Hopefully Stormvermin come down in cost to make them worth taking.

I really hope there aren't many changes. Judging by the very small FAQ, GW seem to think they have gotten things right with this battletome. I am inclined to agree for the most part,

5 hours ago, Verminlord said:

What do you guys think will be affected in the ghb? I can't imagine warpseer not going up in points. Maybe plague monks going up, stormvermin down?

If what happened last year with Idoneth and DoK is anything to go by, they’re probably printing the new GHB right now if they haven’t already done it and so it’s pretty unlikely there’ll be any points changes as they won’t have had the time to properly study how it fares in the wild. 

Which is good for us as some of our stuff is a steal now. If Eel spam gets a full year then I think we will too. 

1 hour ago, 5kaven5lave said:

If what happened last year with Idoneth and DoK is anything to go by, they’re probably printing the new GHB right now if they haven’t already done it and so it’s pretty unlikely there’ll be any points changes as they won’t have had the time to properly study how it fares in the wild. 

Which is good for us as some of our stuff is a steal now. If Eel spam gets a full year then I think we will too. 

I know the Duardin should go die yes yes... but part of me wants too see a few of the allegiances in the GHB be updated in 2019! It’s almost as if GW is scared of having a non tome army actually become good 🤔🤔🤔

sorry for off topic lol just thoughts on GHB, also monks should be 10 points per model at most, and should become 8 points at least. Thoughts?

It's not just how things are costed currently, but how they are costed as new tomes get released. 

How are our costings going to look after another 10 tomes drop?

Take DoK right now. With the release of 3-4 new tomes witch elves aren't feeling as threatening as before as there are some counters available. 

If they got a points increase say 4 months ago it probably would have been in the order of 60-80 pts per 30.. now, that might be considerably hurting their chances as an army to compete. 

Is just an example that as new things get released, the game and the relative power levels within it may change. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nikobot said:

It's not just how things are costed currently, but how they are costed as new tomes get released. 

How are our costings going to look after another 10 tomes drop?

Take DoK right now. With the release of 3-4 new tomes witch elves aren't feeling as threatening as before as there are some counters available. 

If they got a points increase say 4 months ago it probably would have been in the order of 60-80 pts per 30.. now, that might be considerably hurting their chances as an army to compete. 

Is just an example that as new things get released, the game and the relative power levels within it may change. 

Perhaps the short errata on skaven is because they will need the cheese to survive the next few order releases 😭😭😭

I would like to see Stormvermin get a dramatic decrease to be more in line with other "elite infantry" profiles as I really do not want to use Plague Monks to fill that killy role. I'm on the fence about the Warpseer going up, but if so I would agree that he would go up between 20-40 points and would still be quite worthwhile.

All that said, I agree that it may be too late and none of these changes actually make it in but we'll see. It's obvious they're upping the power levels of all armies rather than bringing anyone down so after a few more releases our advantages may be toned in perspective. On that note I would really like to see if they change up tomeless armies.. mostly because I'm trying to justify Dispossessed as a 4th army.

Need advice vs Sylvaneth- low points in an Escalation league, my opponent is limited in his collection.  So he’s fielding a spirit of Durthu, Branchwyche, unit of Dryads, and a unit of Kyrnith Hunters.  That’s it.

Durthu is doing exactly what he’s supposed to to do and wrecking whatever he engages while confusing to heal.  

Im not limited to models, but I am limited to points.

The typical list I’ve been running last couple weeks has been 

Grey Seer Master of Magic  (Skitterleap)

Clawlord (Powerful) - Flaypelt Cloak

Endless Spells 

- Bell of Doom

- Vermin-tide

- Shackles 

Battline

2x 40 Clanrats

2x 5 Gutter Runners

Thats it.  I think last 2 games have been a little luck, and learning the new rules- I’m not sure what I could bring different because I think the list is really good at grabbing objectives.  

Any recommendations?