5kaven5lave

12 hours ago, LeonBox said:

I'm currently painting up my Skaven models and wanted kind of a roadmap, so I built this list with killing Teclis turn one in mind (my opponent takes Teclis a lot): 

Allegiance: Skaventide
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Inspired

LEADERS

Arch-Warlock (175)*
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Warlock Bombardier (125)*
- Artefact: Esoteric Warp Resonator
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (265)*
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap

UNITS

40 x Clanrats (260)**
- Rusty Spear
- 2 x Standard Bearers
- 2 x Standard Bell Ringers
40 x Clanrats (260)**
- Rusty Spear
- 2 x Standard Bearers
- 2 x Standard Bell Ringers
20 x Clanrats (130)**
- Rusty Spear
- 1 x Standard Bearers
- 1 x Standard Bell Ringers
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Warp-Grinder (75)
6 x Giant Rats (40)

ARTILLERY

6 Warplock Jezzails (290)
Warp Lightning Cannon (185)

CORE BATTALIONS

*Command Entourage - Magnificent
**Hunters of the Heartlands
ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
Artefact
TOTAL: 2000/2000 WOUNDS: 162
LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 2/4

The idea is to Gnawhole the Jezzails (if necessary), Warpgrinder the Clanrats with Ratlings, Skitterleap the Arch-Warlock and go to town with 6 Jezzail shots and 3 x Ratlings with MMMWP (if Teclis doesn't stop it, which he likely will) and a Warpspark for 2 damage each. The only concern is if my opponent sees it coming and screens Teclis out, but he's never faced Skaven before so I figure I've got a chance. 

My magnificent verminous friend, you clearly understand the concept of truly beautiful art.

steal-take that win from your elf-things buddy, you clearly deserve it.😉

edit: just one small thing.

If you personally love warpfire thrower weapon teams, You should maybe consider 1-2 for your list.

With the waepgrinder and clanrats combination, warpfire thrower weapon teams can be a nasty trick against any lumineth player

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Cosmicsheep said:

Might be worth considering moving your Warp Cannon through the gnawhole. Your Arch-Warlock can still buff the cannon without Teclis being able to stop you.

Absolutely, its range is on the short side. An overcharged cannon on Teclis would also be pretty tasty if it went off before he got his ward save spell off. 

Also, Vigordust Injector would be a good addition to give your Ratlings (or Jezzails if you want to go that route) a +1 to hit that also cannot be blocked by Teclis

It might be a good switch for the warpspark generator, which I feel is a bit wasted on the Warlock. It would go better on the Arch-Warlock but I want him protected with the 5++ (Massed Sentinel fire is scary, especially with the Power of Hysh up). 

Edit:  good luck, let us know how it goes :)

Oh I only started painting a week ago and I've got a long way to go yet! So far I've painted a Gnawhole and a Warlock and am working on 3 Jezzails: 

IMG_3471.JPG.279313561d010d2df53d758178574cfa.JPGIMG_3473.JPG.19761d32f4560a3536b802745f8056d8.JPG

IMG_3493.JPG.15639b518cff5a983f0bc047f9fa3dcd.JPGIMG_3513.JPG.31e112914bc26e495e5984f77dda8e52.JPGIMG_3512.JPG.7f35f9d6981323d19a4071397e0155fa.JPGIMG_3492.JPG.c7bc7403e5c9a322e94a4c03f113ff73.JPG

IMG_3518.JPG

IMG_3517.JPG

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

17 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

If you personally love warpfire thrower weapon teams, You should maybe consider 1-2 for your list.

With the waepgrinder and clanrats combination, warpfire thrower weapon teams can be a nasty trick against any lumineth player

I had definitely considered warpfire throwers for those glorious glorious MWs to charging LRL scum, but I couldn't find the points for them unfortunately. 

• Haha 1

So since we are already talking about playing games.

Here’s the list I’m going to use tonight:

- Grand Strategy: None Chosen - Triumphs: Indomitable
LEADERS
Arch-Warlock (175)*
- General
 Grey Seer (140)*
Verminlord Deceiver (345)*
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Plague Priest (85)
- Artefact: Liber Bubonicus
- Universal Prayer Scripture: Curse
UNITS
60 x Clanrats (390)*
- Rusty Spear
- 01 x Standard Bearers
- 01 x Standard Bell Ringers
20 x Clanrats (130)*
- Rusty Blade
- 01 x Standard Bearers
20 x Clanrats (130)*
- Rusty Blade
- 01 x Standard Bearers
1 x Warp-Grinder (75)*
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)**
1 x Ratling Gun (65)**
1 x Ratling Gun (65)**
10 x Night Runners (85)*
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS Warp Lightning Vortex (90)
CORE BATTALIONS
*Battle Regiment
LEADERS: 4/6
ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 1/3
    TOTAL: 1980/2000
WOUNDS: 156
BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)
BEHEMOTHS: 1/4
ARTILLERY: 0/4 ALLIES: 0/400

Thanks to the hidden weapon teams ruleset, my list will be a 2drop, which can, in most cases, out-drop a lot of the existing factions.

Which is why I’ll be trying it out for possible future tournament and events, I’ll be or would like to try to attend to.

any thoughts are welcome

• Like 2

On 9/3/2021 at 12:05 PM, Skreech Verminking said:

So since we are already talking about playing games.

Here’s the list I’m going to use tonight:

- Grand Strategy: None Chosen - Triumphs: Indomitable
LEADERS
Arch-Warlock (175)*
- General
 Grey Seer (140)*
Verminlord Deceiver (345)*
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Plague Priest (85)
- Artefact: Liber Bubonicus
- Universal Prayer Scripture: Curse
UNITS
60 x Clanrats (390)*
- Rusty Spear
- 01 x Standard Bearers
20 x Clanrats (130)*
- Rusty Blade
- 01 x Standard Bearers
20 x Clanrats (130)*
- Rusty Blade
- 01 x Standard Bearers
1 x Warp-Grinder (75)*
1 x Ratling Gun (65)**
1 x Ratling Gun (65)**
1 x Ratling Gun (65)**
10 x Night Runners (85)*
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS Warp Lightning Vortex (90)
CORE BATTALIONS
*Battle Regiment
LEADERS: 4/6
ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 1/3
    TOTAL: 1980/2000
WOUNDS: 156
BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)
BEHEMOTHS: 1/4
ARTILLERY: 0/4 ALLIES: 0/400

Thanks to the hidden weapon teams ruleset, my list will be a 2drop, which can, in most cases, out-drop a lot of the existing factions.

Which is why I’ll be trying it out for possible future tournament and events, I’ll be or would like to try to attend to.

any thoughts are welcome

How did the list do.

So tge report.

my frenemy played city of sigmar.

D0F3BB09-0E07-4D02-A041-E0DCF68562FC.png.8eb14c3ef30b5eceb217c9654521661f.png
Since I was able to set up my army before his (thanks to the 2drop) I was able to give him the first turn.

He went with his dralespawn knights forward and killed my nightrunners of.

the rest of bis army went a bit up, and since he knew that I’m using my beloved warpfire thrower weapon teams, he screened me of good, with his gyros.

So my turn started pretty badly.

I failed to cast dreaded skitterealp on my plague priest, thankfully the grey seer got it of on my arch warlock.

I send him forward near a gnawhole on the backline of my frenemy.

I tired casting the warplgihtning vortex, but got auto-unbound by his stormcast caster, 

I the. Choose to overcharge warplightnin storm, to get rid of one of his heroes, but rolled a double ones, even after the reroll my roll went up to a three, so i took 3dxd6 mortal wounds, yet the ones didn’t stop there, so I rolled another double one, wounding my General only ones.

At the end of the movement phase, I transported my arch warlock back to my side, next to the verminlord deceiver.

The second round started with my opponent, who won the rolloff. He went Up with his gyros a bit, in such a case that my deep-striking, wouldn’t go as planned.

His knights, went towards my screen of clanrats, which were protecting, my general and the deceiver, which was more of a mistake then anything else.

with the charging he allowed my clanrats to pile in up towards the objective, which gave me the chance to deny his secondary (which was I think, capture an objective).

on my second turn, I cast dreaded skiterleap onto my plague priest, junp him six away from my enemy, and I then rolled a double one with the reroll I got, thanks to the liber bubonicus.

So he took two mortal wounds.

my arch warlock thankfully didn’t roll another double one for his warpstorm spell, so I was able to deal 12mortal wounds on his knights who were in combat with my clanrats.

since my objective was to hold an objective with a monster, I moved my deceiver up towards that one objective, that the clanrats occupied, when the knights charged them.

and that was mostly it, my plague priest.

Right, I forgot to mention that my grey seer tried to skitterelap towards the place the arch warlock was last round, but with his warpstone piece he ate to cast the vortex with three dice I rolled a two 1s and a 2, so that didn’t quite go as planned.

(I guess that just wasn’t my day)

on the third turn I took the turn, skitter-leaped, my arch warlock up, next to the plague priest, but failed to cast vortex again (even with the reroll) yet I was able to get warpstorm of, and I was able to kill-kill a hero, two whom I did about 8-10mortal wounds y plague preist tried to curse my enemy, but failed with a 1 and a 2 after the reroll, which wasn’t too great.

My unit of 60clanrats came up next to an objective, got one of the weapon teams out, and I was able to kill-slay his ten man unit of handgunners and long beards.

in his turn he was able to kill a few clanrats and take the only weapon team that wasn’t in hiding, down to its death.

On the third turn, i got the turn again, moved my clanrats up, got the rest of the weapon teams out, burned his ironbreakers, and killed of his irondrakes and with the rattling guns.

my deceiver who skitterleaped up, made a charge into one of his artillery pieces, and was able to kill-stab it without much trouble.

The rest of magic phase wasn’t too great again, since my casts and prayers just weren’t able to go off. (I rolled nothing but two’s).

at that point I think my opponent gave up since he wasn’t able to get more victory points then me.

27898A84-8EA6-48B2-B729-6B63F66AA09E.jpeg

46C5DEE4-75B7-4B55-82E1-71B706EC79D5.jpeg

D8EF8021-56EA-4B2E-8A5D-13B7079A0E33.jpeg

FA6F6AAA-A4B0-478B-953F-FEDAF6FF8FD6.jpeg
so shortly put,  my game didn’t go as planned, when it came to the hero phase, it seemed as my casting rolls weren’t able to get a higher result then a 4+ with most of my spells through the game.

It was kinda they same with my plague priest who just wasn’t able to get anything off even with his reroll.

Now I’m not saying that this list isn’t optional, I personally just was very unlucky.

thankfully, My rattling guns, still were amazing, with the amount of shots they brought out.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2021 at 5:04 PM, greg19190 said:

20210912_095525.jpg.55aed5186743901de77fa585c820566d.jpg20210912_095554.jpg.b3c60e27a8521779a36b0ff2dd3b000d.jpg

as promised, thank you Skreech Verminking your post was very interesting good to see games being played.

That is absolutely amazing work! I wouldn't even know where to begin with green stuff honestly. I have a pot that I use to amateurishly fill in cracks here and there. 

On 9/12/2021 at 3:02 PM, Skreech Verminking said:

So tge report.

my frenemy played city of sigmar.

D0F3BB09-0E07-4D02-A041-E0DCF68562FC.png.8eb14c3ef30b5eceb217c9654521661f.png
Since I was able to set up my army before his (thanks to the 2drop) I was able to give him the first turn.

He went with his dralespawn knights forward and killed my nightrunners of.

the rest of bis army went a bit up, and since he knew that I’m using my beloved warpfire thrower weapon teams, he screened me of good, with his gyros.

So my turn started pretty badly.

I failed to cast dreaded skitterealp on my plague priest, thankfully the grey seer got it of on my arch warlock.

I send him forward near a gnawhole on the backline of my frenemy.

I tired casting the warplgihtning vortex, but got auto-unbound by his stormcast caster, 

I the. Choose to overcharge warplightnin storm, to get rid of one of his heroes, but rolled a double ones, even after the reroll my roll went up to a three, so i took 3dxd6 mortal wounds, yet the ones didn’t stop there, so I rolled another double one, wounding my General only ones.

At the end of the movement phase, I transported my arch warlock back to my side, next to the verminlord deceiver.

The second round started with my opponent, who won the rolloff. He went Up with his gyros a bit, in such a case that my deep-striking, wouldn’t go as planned.

His knights, went towards my screen of clanrats, which were protecting, my general and the deceiver, which was more of a mistake then anything else.

with the charging he allowed my clanrats to pile in up towards the objective, which gave me the chance to deny his secondary (which was I think, capture an objective).

on my second turn, I cast dreaded skiterleap onto my plague priest, junp him six away from my enemy, and I then rolled a double one with the reroll I got, thanks to the liber bubonicus.

So he took two mortal wounds.

my arch warlock thankfully didn’t roll another double one for his warpstorm spell, so I was able to deal 12mortal wounds on his knights who were in combat with my clanrats.

since my objective was to hold an objective with a monster, I moved my deceiver up towards that one objective, that the clanrats occupied, when the knights charged them.

and that was mostly it, my plague priest.

Right, I forgot to mention that my grey seer tried to skitterelap towards the place the arch warlock was last round, but with his warpstone piece he ate to cast the vortex with three dice I rolled a two 1s and a 2, so that didn’t quite go as planned.

(I guess that just wasn’t my day)

on the third turn I took the turn, skitter-leaped, my arch warlock up, next to the plague priest, but failed to cast vortex again (even with the reroll) yet I was able to get warpstorm of, and I was able to kill-kill a hero, two whom I did about 8-10mortal wounds y plague preist tried to curse my enemy, but failed with a 1 and a 2 after the reroll, which wasn’t too great.

My unit of 60clanrats came up next to an objective, got one of the weapon teams out, and I was able to kill-slay his ten man unit of handgunners and long beards.

in his turn he was able to kill a few clanrats and take the only weapon team that wasn’t in hiding, down to its death.

On the third turn, i got the turn again, moved my clanrats up, got the rest of the weapon teams out, burned his ironbreakers, and killed of his irondrakes and with the rattling guns.

my deceiver who skitterleaped up, made a charge into one of his artillery pieces, and was able to kill-stab it without much trouble.

The rest of magic phase wasn’t too great again, since my casts and prayers just weren’t able to go off. (I rolled nothing but two’s).

at that point I think my opponent gave up since he wasn’t able to get more victory points then me.

27898A84-8EA6-48B2-B729-6B63F66AA09E.jpeg

46C5DEE4-75B7-4B55-82E1-71B706EC79D5.jpeg

D8EF8021-56EA-4B2E-8A5D-13B7079A0E33.jpeg

FA6F6AAA-A4B0-478B-953F-FEDAF6FF8FD6.jpeg
so shortly put,  my game didn’t go as planned, when it came to the hero phase, it seemed as my casting rolls weren’t able to get a higher result then a 4+ with most of my spells through the game.

It was kinda they same with my plague priest who just wasn’t able to get anything off even with his reroll.

Now I’m not saying that this list isn’t optional, I personally just was very unlucky.

thankfully, My rattling guns, still were amazing, with the amount of shots they brought out.

Man, and I thought my dice were cursed. I would have been tilted enough to give up after all those awful prayer/spell rolls. 

Edited by LeonBox
Spelling

2 hours ago, LeonBox said:

Man, and I thought my dice were cursed. I would have been tilted enough to give up after all those awful prayer/spell rolls. 

It happens to the best of us.

in the end the game is just another dice game, and sometimes you just roll badly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LeonBox said:

That is absolutely amazing work! I wouldn't even know where to begin with green stuff honestly. I have a pot that I use to amateurishly fill in cracks here and there. 

That is how I started using it then started doing smaller sculpts and then did that one, fur is fairly easy to do making faces and jaws I found harder... 

Sounded like a back and ford till the 3rd battle round... Still enjoying 3rd edition? 

I have a "friendly" match against Tzeentch this Friday and thinking of taking the following list. Not sure what list my frenemy is playing yet but i played a match a couple of weeks ago against someone else with a Khorne list with Archaon and my opponent was impressed by the rat ogors and suggested i play more of them (and he's a tournament player)

I wish i had another hellpit but this is the entirety of my Clans Moulder forces. I have a few more giant rats, a vermintide spell and could swap out Thanquol for a Verminlord but i like Thanquol thematically. I'm concerned that i don't have enough bodies for objective holding but most Tzeentch lists online are hero heavy and with only horrors for battleline (which my rat ogors should make mincemeat of :D)

Spoiler

- Triumphs: Inspired
Thanquol on Boneripper (405)*
- General
- 4 Warpfire Braziers
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Master Moulder (95)*
- Artefact: Rabid Crown
Master Moulder (95)*
Master Moulder (95)**
Master Moulder (95)**
4 x Rat Ogors (190)*
- Mutation: Toughened Sinews
- Reinforced x 1
4 x Rat Ogors (190)*
- Mutation: Insanely Rabid
- Reinforced x 1
4 x Rat Ogors (190)*
- Mutation: Accelerated Metabolism
- Reinforced x 1
4 x Rat Ogors (190)*
- Reinforced x 1
6 x Giant Rats (40)**
6 x Giant Rats (40)**
6 x Giant Rats (40)**
6 x Giant Rats (40)**
6 x Giant Rats (40)**
Hell Pit Abomination (240)*
*Battle Regiment
**Battle Regiment

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Wounds: 139
Drops: 2

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Cosmicsheep said:

I have a "friendly" match against Tzeentch this Friday and thinking of taking the following list. Not sure what list my frenemy is playing yet but i played a match a couple of weeks ago against someone else with a Khorne list with Archaon and my opponent was impressed by the rat ogors and suggested i play more of them (and he's a tournament player)

I wish i had another hellpit but this is the entirety of my Clans Moulder forces. I have a few more giant rats, a vermintide spell and could swap out Thanquol for a Verminlord but i like Thanquol thematically. I'm concerned that i don't have enough bodies for objective holding but most Tzeentch lists online are hero heavy and with only horrors for battleline (which my rat ogors should make mincemeat of :D)

Hide contents

- Triumphs: Inspired
Thanquol on Boneripper (405)*
- General
- 4 Warpfire Braziers
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Master Moulder (95)*
- Artefact: Rabid Crown
Master Moulder (95)*
Master Moulder (95)**
Master Moulder (95)**
4 x Rat Ogors (190)*
- Reinforced x 1
4 x Rat Ogors (190)*
- Mutation: Insanely Rabid
- Reinforced x 1
4 x Rat Ogors (190)*
- Mutation: Accelerated Metabolism
- Reinforced x 1
4 x Rat Ogors (190)*
- Reinforced x 1
6 x Giant Rats (40)**
6 x Giant Rats (40)**
6 x Giant Rats (40)**
6 x Giant Rats (40)**
6 x Giant Rats (40)**
Hell Pit Abomination (240)*
*Battle Regiment
**Battle Regiment

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Wounds: 139
Drops: 2

Looks amazing.

ps: I would use the one prized creations buff you have left on the hell pit.

the rerolling 1s to hit is really helpful for such a monster, and if your lucky, it might even be able to get an additional 3 wounds on it’s profile.

Which is pretty nice with it’s already

existing moulder mutation.

10 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

ps: I would use the one prized creations buff you have left on the hell pit.

That's the plan ;)  and if he gets bracketed i can use the Realm Command to attack at his top bracket if i have a MM within range.

Undecided on whether to use the Rabid Crown to buff the un-mutated rat ogors or super buff one of the others. If i place them right, technically it can buff more than one unit right?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Cosmicsheep said:

That's the plan ;)  and if he gets bracketed i can use the Realm Command to attack at his top bracket if i have a MM within range.

Undecided on whether to use the Rabid Crown to buff the un-mutated rat ogors or super buff one of the others. If i place them right, technically it can buff more than one unit right?

Make the insanely rabbit ratogres a 6... And make the non mutated ones a 2... Then put the crown with the unit of 6... Dose over 30 Wounds normally... Grose :)

• LOVE IT! 1