5kaven5lave

Damm there are some fine ideas coming from you guys.

2cc threads with some backfield sniping love it.

3Screaming bells, amazing.

I’ve been a bit offline this week but it never stops to amaze me how many Ideas you guys come up with.

😉

keep the good work up and I’m certain the horned rat will bless us with filth!

Yes-yes

Skreech Verminking out.

Allegiance: Skaventide

LEADERS

Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (240)
- General
- Command Trait: Savage Overlord - Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
- Lore of Ruin: Warpgale

- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap

- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
UNITS
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
- 2 x Standard Bearers
- 2 x Standard Bell Ringers

40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
- 2 x Standard Bearers
- 2 x Standard Bell Ringers

20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
- 1 x Standard Bearers
- 1 x Standard Bell Ringers

40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
- 4 x Standard Bearers - 4 x Plague Harbingers

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Soulscream Bridge (100)

Warp Lightning Vortex (80)

Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
TOTAL: 2000/2000

• LOVE IT! 2

I’m back folks! After a long hiatus of being lost in the gnawhole I was digging I will be providing more warp stone induced wisdom in the coming weeks! 

im happy to announce that I’ve done the impossible and painted everything. All skaven are based and ready for battle. Just have to figure out the gaming part. When the great horned one blessed us with a plague during the year of the rat, I didn’t consider how little gaming would result. Shame.

Anywho expect some sweet picks of the army in the coming week. Good to see you all.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

What do you guys think of this list?

I'm entering a tournament in one week and we're playing the Total Conquest battleplan, I don't know yet against who I'm going to fight but I wanted to make kind of a generic and powerful list... I always play Bell+Monks+Stormfiends, so I also tried to change it a bit...

Allegiance: Skaventide

Extra Command Point (50)

Heroes:

- Verminlord Warpseer (320)
   General
   Command trait: supreme manipulator

- Verminlord Warbringer (280)

- Warlock Engineer (110)
   Lore of galvanism: MMMWP
   Artifact: Vigordust Injector

- Clawlord (100)
   Command trait: powerful

Battleline

- 40 x Clanrats (200)
   spears
   2 x bellringers
   2 x standardbearer

- 20 x Clanrats.  (120)
   Swords

- 40 x Stormvermin (400)
   4 x drummers
   4 x standardbearer

Artillery

- 9 x Jezzails (420)

Total. 2000/2000

So the idea... Warpseer for CP (highly needed with verminus) and battleshock immunity bubble, Warbringer for super deathfrenzy and re-rolls on stormvermin, maybe clanrats, clawlord for +1 attack to stormvermin and the engineer for the Jezzails...

So this is it!... Thoughts??

Edited by Enkyridion

9 hours ago, Gnawdwell said:

Hi guys, what is the best way to get command points for skaven apart from batallions and warpseer? 

We do have some fun potential for that. If you happen to be playing multiplayer I always recommend Cunning as a Masterclan command trait for the potential to steal command points. There's certainly other armies that generate command points better than us, so it can be used for those types of games. Not reliable, but fun. 

For shenanigans, Thanquol and Boneripper is required. His command ability allows for up to 3 generic command abilities to be used for the price of 1 command point and 3 other Masterclan heroes. Going with so much masterclan inevitably means it'll be a magic heavy list. I'd recommend a Screaming bell and 2 grey seers. Have your screaming bell be the general so you can give it the Supreme Manipulator command trait. Skavens allegience ability for master clan allows for a rebate for command points on a +5 roll. 

In effect, you have the potential for spending a single command point to gain 4 whole command points back! Pretty neat. Its a taxing strategy for your list building with all the expensive heroes but you can still have fun with the magic. Also its too good to pass up a block of Skryre acolytes paired with Thanquol as you can use the Inspiring Presence, At-the-Double and Volley Fire command abilities nearly every turn on them. I should note of course +5 is not a likely roll to make but hey its somethin'.

On 10/2/2020 at 11:20 AM, Gnawdwell said:

I looked at his warscroll right now and it actually doesn't have to be Masterclan heroes that use the free command abilities so even better.

I don't think he means that masterclan heroes must be used for this.  They should be masterclan to generate additional command point.

The alliegence ability for masterclan is :

Each time a friendly MASTERCLAN model uses a
command ability, roll a dice. On a 5+ you receive 1
extra command point.

So when Thanquol use his command ability, you spend a CP (which can generate another one a 5+) and then, each other masterclan heroes that use his free command ability given by Thanquol can generate another CP on  a 5+.

Clever use of a not so clever writing. The masterclan ability should read :

"Each time a friendly MASTERCMAST spend a command point, roll a dice. On a 5+ you receive 1
extra command point."

Cause right now,  when Teclis cast total eclipse,  when you spend 2 command points for a command ability,  you can only generate back one.  Can can't roll for 2 CO spent. 

Highly specific but well.

So has anyone tried a rat-ssassion verminous list? Before they got rid of the SOJ, it was fun to surprise big beefy heroes but there’s Still so much fun to be had. I’m still a huge fan of the cube of mists artifact to keep my opponent honest about busting through soft hordes of rats. Also the Eshin battalion, while the ability is so situational, each unit has utility and gives us a much needed command point. Whatchya think? 

Edited by Riff_Raff_Rascal

Hello, I am a new skaventide player. 

I wonder how I can optimize my Vermi lord Corruptor? .. he seems sooonbad to me. I saw somewhere that if he brings the artifact "sword of judgement" he would be viable ? But is it illegal to bring that artifact now?

Please help. Id love to use the model cause it looks awesome but I also lile to win my battles :)

Alrighty, I'm playing around with the Gnawhole artifact and doing the wrong thing by adding way too much eshin. Here's a list. Furnace_Eshin_Ambush.pdf

Its not an alpha strike per se, but the intention is to tie up your opponent so you capture all the midboard objectives and quite possibly overwhelm objectives in enemy territory. Goal is to score high round 1 and see if opponent can catch up. In tandem with the Cube of Mists artifact, I'll try to mitigate losing some ambush units through clever conservative charging. Keep in mind that I intend to have multiple combats happening during turn one (hopefully) so the counter attack is a thing.

@SoSoCho Welcome to the rat-tastic community! I have so many things to say but I don’t want to overwhelm you. So you’re dipping your toes into Pestilens huh? Well firstly, the corruptor is a fine centerpiece. Frankly it has dodged a great many point increases compared to its brothers which makes it friendly to list builders. It has my personal favorite spell as well. As for optimization, it’s sad about the SOJ but count it as a blessing. Anything that paints a target on your models back sometimes pigeon holes you into a play style. Without knowing too much else about how you want to play, just try stuff. Blistivus the Pestilens artifact is already fun, or eshin’s gnawbomb can be a cheeky way to drop his plague spell at the top of the first round. Just some ideas.

Regarding stinky giants - 
I’m a little leery if this’ll change the way the game plays for a while, if eventually most opponents have a 400 pt 35 wound stomper running around.

I’m also wondering how many Skaven I’ll need to make a Giant RattleMech to squish things.  

2 hours ago, Coyote said:

I’m a little leery if this’ll change the way the game plays for a while, if eventually most opponents have a 400 pt 35 wound stomper running around.

I’m also wondering how many Skaven I’ll need to make a Giant RattleMech to squish things.  

Honestly.. really nothing to be concerned about in my opinion. I genuinely don't see them doing anything to the meta really.. maybe the Kraken-Eater since it can be taken in Order armies and has the ability to kick objectives around but.. otherwise they seem more fluff than tough.

35 wounds with a 4+ save will melt in 1 shooting\combat phase from an abundant number of things and they each do about 9-14 damage on average outside of any allegiance abilities (which of course they won't have if they're a Merc).

I have some kitbash ideas, but what I * want * to make is either a looted Titan, or essentially a looted BattleTech mech - maybe using dozens of Skaven on running wheels to power it, or a combination of Doom wheels.   

Naybe just simply a Giant Skaven DoomWheel!  That would’nt be “too hard” to put together and make it look like it fits.

5 hours ago, Coyote said:

35wounds with a 4+ is basically nothing.

unless they have some kind of a fight three times ability, your basically going to kill him with a screen of clanrats backed up with some Acolytes, Stormfiends, Stormvermins, Plague monks.

3 hours ago, Gwendar said:

Honestly.. really nothing to be concerned about in my opinion. I genuinely don't see them doing anything to the meta really.. maybe the Kraken-Eater since it can be taken in Order armies and has the ability to kick objectives around but.. otherwise they seem more fluff than tough.

35 wounds with a 4+ save will melt in 1 shooting\combat phase from an abundant number of things and they each do about 9-14 damage on average outside of any allegiance abilities (which of course they won't have if they're a Merc).

Yeah they really aren’t that particularly meta breaking.

but are certainly a Lot of fun.

2 hours ago, Coyote said:

I have some kitbash ideas, but what I * want * to make is either a looted Titan, or essentially a looted BattleTech mech - maybe using dozens of Skaven on running wheels to power it, or a combination of Doom wheels.   

Naybe just simply a Giant Skaven DoomWheel!  That would’nt be “too hard” to put together and make it look like it fits.

Do it.

8A308A27-6F06-473D-BD22-E8E7E018BAF2.jpeg

• Like 1