5kaven5lave

So what do you guys think of my 6-9thread list?

Allegiance: Skaventide
- Mortal Realm: Chamon
LEADERS
Warlock Bombardier (120)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism : More-more-more Warp Power!
Warlock Bombardier (120)
Warlock Bombardier (120)
UNITS
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
1 x Doomwheel (150)
1 x Doomwheel (150)
20 x Skryre Acolytes (200)
20 x Skryre Acolytes (200)
ARTILLERY
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS Bell of Doom (40)
TOTAL: 1980/2000
LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)
ARTEFACTS: 0/1 ENDLESS SPELLS: 1/3 ALLIES: 0/400

it has a huge amount of damage potential, an will die towards a stiff breeze.

But considering that the next tournament I’ll be attending might only have 1-2City armies, and a Kharadron overlord player, I might consider taking this one for a spin.

NO idea how it will work, but since there are no Seraphons players taking part, I might use it. 
No idea if it will be the winning list, but at least I’ll have a huge chance of killing at least one of my own mad bombardiers, through a very expected/unexpected death😋

Ps: if your wondering about the 9thread list, when there only seems to be 6, I’m counting those bombardiers each as one as well.

with some lucky rolling  this little buggers can do more damage then a drugged To the brim Stormfiend

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Hi guys,

Coming back to my skaven since i've finished painted my 15K army point of seraphon xD

I got a good army base and i know what i want to play but dont know what would works best to finish up the list. Goal is to have a competitive list as i'm a big tournament player but also want some stuff that can be quite fun to play too ( wheel / canon ... overall skryre stuff) Overall i'm not a fan of pestilens stuff and i really love Skryre clan. Also dont like jezzails :D

Here is the core of the list , missing Thanquol / warp grinder to buy and build.

Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Deranged Inventor
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Thanquol on Boneripper (390)
- 4 Warpfire Braziers
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
- 1x Standard Bearers
- 1x Standard Bell Ringers
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
- 1x Standard Bearers
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
- 1x Standard Bearers
6 x Stormfiends (520)
- 2x Windlaunchers
- 2x Ratling Cannons
- 2x Doomflayer Gauntlets
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)

Total: 1510 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 118

So i got 500 point to fill . Also would love opinion on Thanquol , i love him in terms of lore / rules but never really have chance to play him so far.

Thanks for the advices and have a nice evening :)

13 hours ago, aktanolt said:

Hi guys,

Coming back to my skaven since i've finished painted my 15K army point of seraphon xD

I got a good army base and i know what i want to play but dont know what would works best to finish up the list. Goal is to have a competitive list as i'm a big tournament player but also want some stuff that can be quite fun to play too ( wheel / canon ... overall skryre stuff) Overall i'm not a fan of pestilens stuff and i really love Skryre clan. Also dont like jezzails :D

Here is the core of the list , missing Thanquol / warp grinder to buy and build.

Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- 4 Warpfire Braziers
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
- 1x Standard Bearers
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
- 1x Standard Bearers
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
- 1x Standard Bearers
6 x Stormfiends (520)
- 2x Windlaunchers
- 2x Ratling Cannons
- 2x Doomflayer Gauntlets
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)

Total: 1510 / 2000
Wounds: 118

So i got 500 point to fill . Also would love opinion on Thanquol , i love him in terms of lore / rules but never really have chance to play him so far.

Thanks for the advices and have a nice evening :)

Welcome back first off. Secondly, if you don't like Jezzails but want to stay tournament competitive, I think you're pretty much forced into Cannons as they're still more consistent at their job (killing support heroes\behemoths) than Doomwheels are. Having played lists with 2-4 Doomwheels in them, I've yet to see them perform very well in a consistent manner and the Cannon has always just done better for me.. I wouldn't say by much though. Personally I'd rather just run 12 Fiends as the Windlauncher shots (fully buffed) tend to do about the same damage as 6 Jezzails.

Anyway, you can throw in 40 Stormvermin here since you also don't like the cheaper alternative in Plague Monks 😉. With that you have 3 threats in Thanquol, the Fiends and Stormvermin. Thanquol is... okay. I still find him a tad overcosted and while he seems great in CC, he gets exploded just as easily as anything else and you would likely have better results out of 4 Warpfire Projectors even when shooting at units of 6-12 models. At top bracket, a pure melee Thanquol maybe pushes out 11 wounds against a 4+ save while 4 Warpfires against a unit of 6 can do anywhere from 8-15 MW's.. and likely straight up delete nearly any horde in the game, even 20 HGB units (or at least leave only a handful remaining).

Here are my concerns however: With only 1 Engineer, if he gets taken out your Stormfiends are, no exaggeration, next to useless. They go from throwing out ~35 damage on average in shooting to only doing ~8. Generally, we run 2 at a minimum for redundancy. Don't let this detract you from using them, you just have to be careful with it. You have Skitterleap to get the Engineer up there next to the Fiends, but if you take Stormvermin you don't have any way of buffing them for +1 attack or Death Frenzy; the combination of which is what elevates them over 40 Plague Monks (who only get Death Frenzy and nothing extra unless you bring a Furnace).

So I’ll be taken part at a (not so) local tournament soon.

considering  that I’ll be facing off against a ton of shooting and heavy armored lads, I thought of a pretty funny, heavy mortal wound spamming Skaven list, that heavily goes i to blasting the enemy from a far.

so here it is,

my list That will hopefully defeat the pesky Seraphons:

Mortal Realm: Chamon

Leaders
Warlock Bombardier (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Verminous Valour  
- Artefact: Vial of the Fulminator  
Warlock Bombardier (120)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Warp Lightning Shield
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (240)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)

Artillery
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
Warplock Jezzails (420)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 166

16 hours ago, Cosmicsheep said:

What’s your plan for these? I love the models, and have a couple myself, but with the 8” range and the LOS shooting I find they normally get picked off early.

Well They may not seem that great when it comes down to survivability, but the reason why I’m taking them is another.

they basically allow me to kill of pesky horde units.

and armies that are able to deal with them, will have to either choose to target one of my other units or deal with them instead, which guaranties some safety to certain other units in my list.

they are also pretty great objective grabbers (because they get easily forgotten) and if you put your weapon teams into your units of clanrats as a protective shield, it can easily be forgotten, and deal some pretty great damage.

in total they are basically a thread that has to be dealt with, and that’s basically what I want.

Psychological warfare, is one of my favorite Strategies in the game.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

I'm looking for a moulder list I can run just to keep things spicy. Below is my current list, my curious if there is any feedback on how to improve. Right now im thinking the 2 HBA's run of one side with the ogres, rats, packmasters and bell up the other. Thoughts?

- General
- Command Trait: Master of Magic
- Artefact: Skavenbrew
- Lore of Ruin: Warpgale
Master Moulder (100)
- Artefact: Rabid Crown
Master Moulder (100)
Master Moulder (100)
40 x Giant Rats (200)
4 x Rat Ogors (180)
4 x Rat Ogors (180)
3 x Packmasters (60)
Hell Pit Abomination (220)
Fleshmeld Menagerie (160)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 142

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 hours ago, Coyote said:

List for discussion 

x4 Grey Seer in Bell

x3 - 40 Clanrats

x1 - 40 Stormvermin

Well, it's interesting I'll give you that 😅. I just don't think there's enough punch to get much done.. although I'm starting to think that we may see a Warpseer come back into lists. Had one I've been thinking about with the only 2 threats being Stormfiends + Grinder Team and 40 Monks.. if I actually get a chance to play it this weekend I'll get a report up, but I've been pretty stuck on Tzeentch when I have been able to play the last 3 weeks.

For your list though... I mean, who needs a Warpseer when you have 4 Bells? If you really wanted him then statistically you have a decent chance at bringing him on anyway 🤣 

On 9/10/2020 at 3:27 PM, firtahl said:

I'm looking for a moulder list I can run just to keep things spicy. Below is my current list, my curious if there is any feedback on how to improve. Right now im thinking the 2 HBA's run of one side with the ogres, rats, packmasters and bell up the other. Thoughts?

- General
Master Moulder (100)
Master Moulder (100)
Master Moulder (100)
40 x Giant Rats (200)
4 x Rat Ogors (180)
4 x Rat Ogors (180)
3 x Packmasters (60)

Wounds: 142

You might try investing in some 10-20 man giant rat units to screen for your ogors/hell pits. Your hammers are very squishy. Maybe take one unit of 6 ogors, give screaming bell death frenzy to put on them and invite your opponent to charge them. Have your hell pits behind screens and use the 40 blob to camp objective(s). You could probably drop one of the MM too.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Verminlord said:

You might try investing in some 10-20 man giant rat units to screen for your ogors/hell pits. Your hammers are very squishy. Maybe take one unit of 6 ogors, give screaming bell death frenzy to put on them and invite your opponent to charge them. Have your hell pits behind screens and use the 40 blob to camp objective(s). You could probably drop one of the MM too.

I like the advice! This gave me an extra 30 pts, so i added the palisade to help with screening if I'm lucky enough to get it off.  I'll give it a shot using the following once I've got the last 2 HBA's built unless anyone else has ideas/opinions. 

- General
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Master Moulder (100)
Master Moulder (100)
6 x Rat Ogors (270)
40 x Giant Rats (200)
10 x Giant Rats (60)
10 x Giant Rats (60)
10 x Giant Rats (60)
3 x Packmasters (60)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 159

• Like 2

Hi guys.
There are warpstone sparks if i have skryre hero.
Can I use them for 

• In the hero phase, pick 1 friendly CLANS SKRYRE WIZARD. You can re-roll casting, dispelling and unbinding rolls for that WIZARD until the end of that phase. At the end of that phase, roll a dice. On a 1, that WIZARD suffers D3 mortal wounds.

after for example i fail a cast? Or do I have to declare it before I try my first cast on the wizard? 

• In your shooting phase, pick 1 friendly CLANS SKRYRE HERO. Then pick up to 3 different friendly CLANS SKRYRE units that are wholly within 13" of that HERO. You can add 1 to the Damage characteristic of missile weapons used by those units until the end of that phase. At the end of that phase, roll a dice. On a 1, that HERO suffers D3 mortal wounds.
  • In the combat phase, pick 1 friendly CLANS SKRYRE HERO. You can re-roll hit rolls for that HERO until the end of that phase. At the end of that phase, roll a dice. On a 1, that HERO suffers D3 mortal wounds.

Same for these uses of a spark. Can I spend a spark after my wound rolls and after I need a re-roll on a hero?
Thanks in advance :)

15 minutes ago, Ratling said:

Hi guys.
There are warpstone sparks if i have skryre hero.
Can I use them for 

• In the hero phase, pick 1 friendly CLANS SKRYRE WIZARD. You can re-roll casting, dispelling and unbinding rolls for that WIZARD until the end of that phase. At the end of that phase, roll a dice. On a 1, that WIZARD suffers D3 mortal wounds.

after for example i fail a cast? Or do I have to declare it before I try my first cast on the wizard? 

• In your shooting phase, pick 1 friendly CLANS SKRYRE HERO. Then pick up to 3 different friendly CLANS SKRYRE units that are wholly within 13" of that HERO. You can add 1 to the Damage characteristic of missile weapons used by those units until the end of that phase. At the end of that phase, roll a dice. On a 1, that HERO suffers D3 mortal wounds.
  • In the combat phase, pick 1 friendly CLANS SKRYRE HERO. You can re-roll hit rolls for that HERO until the end of that phase. At the end of that phase, roll a dice. On a 1, that HERO suffers D3 mortal wounds.

Same for these uses of a spark. Can I spend a spark after my wound rolls and after I need a re-roll on a hero?
Thanks in advance :)

I'm not sure there's ever been a particularly clear answer on it.

As written, yeah you can do these at any point in their phases simply because they all are worded as "in X phase" rather than "at the start of X phase" or some other requirement.. although I don't think it's intended. Generally I always tell people beforehand when it comes to the shooting and I treat it as something that I need to do before I shoot with a unit. For the casting RR's though I generally only use a spark when I fail the cast.

6 minutes ago, Ratling said:

And one more question.
If I use common command ability like All-Out attack is it used from my hero or do I just use it out of nowhere? Asking this because masterclan gets a command point back on 5+.

All command abilities are used from heroes (or whatever unit has a Command Ability on it's warscroll unless stated otherwise, OBR are a fine example of this); it isn't like 40k where you can just use stratagems from nowhere and on whatever unit. So yeah, the Masterclan hero would need to be the one saying they're using it in order to get the CP back on a 5+.

Edited by Gwendar
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

I'm not sure there's ever been a particularly clear answer on it.

As written, yeah you can do these at any point in their phases simply because they all are worded as "in X phase" rather than "at the start of X phase" or some other requirement.. although I don't think it's intended. Generally I always tell people beforehand when it comes to the shooting and I treat it as something that I need to do before I shoot with a unit. For the casting RR's though I generally only use a spark when I fail the cast.

All command abilities are used from heroes (or whatever unit has a Command Ability on it's warscroll unless stated otherwise, OBR are a fine example of this); it isn't like 40k where you can just use stratagems from nowhere and on whatever unit. So yeah, the Masterclan hero would need to be the one saying they're using it in order to get the CP back on a 5+.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hi team,

today i use this list with exit vs tirants of blood:

- 4 Warpfire Braziers
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
Warlock Engineer (110)
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
- 2x Standard Bearers
- 2x Standard Bell Ringers
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
- 2x Standard Bearers
- 2x Standard Bell Ringers
10 x Stormvermin (100)
- Halberd & Shield
6 x Stormfiends (520)
- 2x Windlaunchers
- 2x Ratling Cannons
- 2x Shock Gauntlets
Purple Sun of Shyish (50)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

I use 80 clanrats as a wall, 40 with 10 stormvervin and grey sheer on screaming well, with the 6 stormfiends behind. 

The arch-warlock near to a gnawhole while was doping the stormfiends, the other mage between the stormfiends and thanquol.

Thanquol was between 0-1" to the second line of the other 40 clanrats.

I begin the round and kill one bloodthirster of rage using the windlaunchers and one unit of 20 bloodletters with the ratling cannons. I use command point of thanquol to use 2 command points for free and my clanrats run 14" to a objective. 

Thanquol works very well, endure one fight phase vs other bloodthirseer of rage and kills this monster. This remains as a good mage at the moment that appears the Hexgorgers Skulls.

Edited by Sartxac

Hey guys,

i am thinking about starting a small Skaven force. My love for ratogors is old and strong, so i would like to field only ratogors aka stormfiends (because new and beautiful skulps).

My planned list would look like the following:

1000p list

Thanquol on Boneripper

3x Stormfiends

3x Stormfiends

1x Warpfire Thrower

980/1000p

So my question would be if this list could do any good or is at least fun to play? What would you change to make it more playable?

My meta right now is just LRL and Orks (Mawcrusher). We play on a small 47x23,5 inch table.

I made a list I really like. I need help with artefacts and traits for the  bombardier and clawlord though.
I'm not sure what to give to whom. Deranged inventor would make the jezzails more versatile, as they could move without losing the RR to hit (MMMWP is for the acolytes). It's utility is arguably circumstancial though. Vigourdust injector could work on the acolytes I guess?
Vigourdust + verminous valor ( it's a really important hero after all). Also what do you think about bomabrdier vs engineer in this case? MMMWP is reserved for the acolytes after all...

The clawlord is primarly there to buff the SV, but what about brutal fury + things bane combo?

Spoiler

Leaders
Clawlord (100)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Verminous Valour
- 4 Warpfire Projectors
Warlock Engineer (110)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Stormvermin (400)
- Halberd

Units
20 x Skryre Acolytes (200)

Artillery
Warplock Jezzails (420)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Bell of Doom (40)

Wounds: 161

14 hours ago, gronnelg said:

I made a list I really like. I need help with artefacts and traits for the  bombardier and clawlord though.
I'm not sure what to give to whom. Deranged inventor would make the jezzails more versatile, as they could move without losing the RR to hit (MMMWP is for the acolytes). It's utility is arguably circumstancial though. Vigourdust injector could work on the acolytes I guess?
Vigourdust + verminous valor ( it's a really important hero after all). Also what do you think about bomabrdier vs engineer in this case? MMMWP is reserved for the acolytes after all...

The clawlord is primarly there to buff the SV, but what about brutal fury + things bane combo?

I would go with Vigordust and Deranged Inventor 100%. I don't think you'll get much out of making the Clawlord hit harder, especially when he isn't hurt. Deranged is a backup to allow your Acolytes to suck less in case you fail MMMWP and if MMMWP goes off then yeah, you can use it to move the Jezzails without losing firepower.

Keep in mind you can use Vigordust Injector on the Stormvermin as well for the +1 to hit and charge. Oh, and yeah if I have the points I will always take a Bombardier over an Engineer, but the triumphs are pretty great so that's up to you really. All you're missing out on is a very swingy shot that can miss (90% of the time in my case), kill you, do 12 wounds or do 1 wound 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1