5kaven5lave

6 hours ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

Question...can I make anything decent out of 40 clanrats, an engineer, grey seer, Verminlord (deceiver or corruptor), 2 death masters and two weapon teams? If curious, it’s because I have IoB, silver tower and a Verminlord. 1000-1500pts. I also have malign sorcery spells. 

Decently fun list- definitely.

decently competitive list- not with the death master

So I tried my poisoned wind themed list out, and I was actually astonished how bad it went, although most I would have to complain about my incompetent underlings rolling me some bad dice.
anywyas I played against a cities of sigmar army that had a deathstar unit of 30ironbreakers and some sisters as well as some steam tanks as shooting.

although Ironbreakers are seen as an extremely bad unit, let me tell you guys this, with a 3+ save rerolling ones, I had a huge problem killing them and when it comes to death they reawakened back to the living thanks to the emerald liveswarm.

so it was basically horrifying how sturdy these beard-things are.

my acolytes died extremely fast against literally any shooting and with me rolling so bad, I’ve lost them almost all before I got a change to kill anything.

as for the doomwheels, great units, unless you role a double 1 with mmm warpbolts. And kill them with 9mortal wounds afterwards.😂.

as for my heroes, they thankfully all died through some gigantic explosions of their own,  And in the end even the resummoned  Bell of doom, took the life of my last remaining  skaven.

So yeah my luck was significantly bad, and I guess I got to see the bad parts of the skaven😂.

thankfully that is what I enjoy playing as them

DBE4BBC5-AC3D-4024-803D-B137AD76C793.jpeg

99CF7F70-CD15-4B27-8499-6EA74E3AA037.jpeg

A4FBFAFA-5DD9-46D0-9CAB-96F9B783EF3E.jpeg

46DA1673-1E49-4E73-81A0-0336A3B1757F.jpeg

47408A38-1DB9-47F4-BCD0-10EAA5BEE66E.jpeg

77D8184F-833F-4273-97F8-C9CC6C715121.jpeg

E689A0B4-ADAD-4502-9A3C-7B0499816E48.jpeg

1C938D3F-5BF0-462A-A5A8-2874059A2AA7.jpeg

8E8804C3-61B5-4B16-8BBC-1AF4A6ED64C7.jpeg

3EB4E7E7-C19C-4829-90F3-9B3EE8E2BD08.jpeg

677FD001-02B8-4515-974E-E5C887C1DB1D.jpeg

E7DFCB90-E04E-4628-8107-39DFF4ACB413.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Hey fellow rats! I seem to have forgotten our gnawhole deployment after 3 FAQS of terrain rules, and some in house tournament terrain rules😂 

which is correct? 3" from terrain 1" from objective, or 1" from terrain and 1" from objective?

6 hours ago, Darkhan said:

Hey fellow rats! I seem to have forgotten our gnawhole deployment after 3 FAQS of terrain rules, and some in house tournament terrain rules😂 

which is correct? 3" from terrain 1" from objective, or 1" from terrain and 1" from objective?

Here's the snip from the GHB 2019 errata in case any local people ask 😉. It's actually 6" from other terrain and 1" from objectives.. unless of course it's been updated further and buried in some other random FAQ since GW has a problem with this sometimes but I digress:

image.png.7937bccffd6c38ea377b4e50d0593d9c.png

Edited by Gwendar
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Gwendar said:

Here's the snip from the GHB 2019 errata in case any local people ask 😉. It's actually 6" from other terrain and 1" from objectives.. unless of course it's been updated further and buried in some other random FAQ since GW has a problem with this sometimes but I digress:

You know it’s kinda funny considering how it is actually slightly impossible to put your gnawholes more than 3inches away from the board but still wholly within 8.

5 hours ago, Gwendar said:

Wow... That's just so bad....  Really hard to place gnawholes then :/

A friend of mine has gotten himself 1k of Orruks. Mostly Iron jaws I believe. He's a maw crusha.
Here's my list:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Chain Warp Lightning
Grey Seer (140)
- Artefact: Skavenbrew
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Foetid Blades
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 100

This is gonna be a test of my screening game. He generally likes to go for the double turn too, so surviving this is gonna be tough :P

10 minutes ago, gronnelg said:

A friend of mine has gotten himself 1k of Orruks. Mostly Iron jaws I believe. He's a maw crusha.
Here's my list:

Reveal hidden contents

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Chain Warp Lightning
Grey Seer (140)

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Foetid Blades
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 100

This is gonna be a test of my screening game. He generally likes to go for the double turn too, so surviving this is gonna be tough :P

As a reminder, keep your special units at least 6inches away from your meatshields.

because you don’t want to loose your screen and everything behind them, just because orruks have that special ability which allows them to fight again after an enemy unit got destroyed 

• Like 1

@Skreech VerminkingOh wow! That ability is really powerful. Huh... I was planing on a double screen, but now I'm not sure that's gonna work anyways. 
Well... If I do a double screen with >6" separating them....
Edit: Wait, wouldn't a 3" pile in +2" reach give them 5" reach beyond the first screen?

Edited by gronnelg

6 hours ago, Gwendar said:

There was another update after this one, since gnawholes were impossible to place with this faq. But no idea where it is burried.

1 hour ago, Darkhan said:

There was another update after this one, since gnawholes were impossible to place with this faq. But no idea where it is burried.

It wasn't another update. What Gwendar showed us is for regular terrain - faction terrain has different placement rules:

"In a Pitched Battle, faction terrain must be set up more than 3" from any other terrain features and more than 1" from any objectives, in addition to any other restrictions that apply to it. Sometimes this will make it impossible for a faction terrain piece to be set up; in this case, it is not used.’

• Like 2

1 hour ago, michu said:

It wasn't another update. What Gwendar showed us is for regular terrain - faction terrain has different placement rules:

"In a Pitched Battle, faction terrain must be set up more than 3" from any other terrain features and more than 1" from any objectives, in addition to any other restrictions that apply to it. Sometimes this will make it impossible for a faction terrain piece to be set up; in this case, it is not used.’

Dammit @Gwendar! Don't play with my nerves like that! ;)
And no, I will not take any responsibility for having completely misunderstood what you guys were talking about! Clearly, that was some other rats fault!

24 minutes ago, gronnelg said:

And no, I will not take any responsibility for having completely misunderstood what you guys were talking about! Clearly, that was some other rats fault!

Congratulations! You've passed your skaven exam. The council decided to award you for perfect example of "blaming someone else for your own mistakes" with... Rat Ogor's herder duty.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, michu said:

Congratulations! You've passed your skaven exam. The council decided to award you for perfect example of "blaming someone else for your own mistakes" with... Rat Ogor's herder duty.

Yes! I'm the greatest! I KNEW I could do it! 
... Wait... Rat ogors? So, hey, turns out maybe I DID do a mistake back there. Could I possibly just go back to being a clanrat again? .... 😢

2 hours ago, michu said:

"Sometimes this will make it imossible for a faction terraine piece to be set up, in this case it is not used" The rules are not used, or the hole?

As in, if I can't set it up cause the terrain is blocking....  but I can set it up, but then the terrain is 2" from the hole, I'm allowed?
Jesus...I'm making this hard on myself😅

GHB 2020 please.

EDIT: ****** IT! Going to do the normal 3" from other terrain.

Edited by Darkhan

1 hour ago, gronnelg said:

I mean I'll be honest, I completely forgot there were 2 separate rulings for normal\faction terrain.. but this whole time I've always kept them more than 3" away anyway; go figure. Must have been one of those deeply ingrained memory\rules that I never even remembered reading... anyway. I was looking for what I snipped because I remembered everyone losing their minds at first by the rules quite clearly not allowing use of our Gnawholes 😅 

Also yes, shift that blame around, you're fitting the mold just fine.

Spoiler

Leaders
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (240)
- General
- Command Trait: Master of Magic
Grey Seer (140)
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap
Skaven Clawlord on Brood Horror (160)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Verminous Valour

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Stormvermin (450)
- Halberd

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Foetid Blades

Artillery
Warplock Jezzails (420)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 164

Hey guys! I'm going to try this list against an orruk player (Big waagh, or whatever its named), and a Nurgle with thrice fold. 
What do you guys think? Any changes?

On 6/6/2020 at 11:38 PM, Martin87 said:

What about using stormfiends instead or does that mess things up?

no Stormfiends are great, but I am trying to get an army done that has some kind of a poisoned wind theme to it.

and since I can’t take a unit of stormfiends with only wind-launchers, there isn’t much reason to take them actually.

Still they are a great unit although a bit costy (at 520 points).

and with my 2main threads of 20acolytes each i am able keep some points for different units like more clanrats, night runners and doomwheels (or warplightning cannons)

edit: what happened las time was just some pretty bad rolling and some rotten luck, nothing that cannot be fixed by playing the army more often
and changing my dice.

afterall I wouldn’t be a skaven general if I didn’t add some loaded Dice to my collection(😂)

Edited by Skreech Verminking