5kaven5lave

31 minutes ago, Rev said:

Heeey! Wanted to ask you, is my Thanquol still better off with warpfire projectors or braziers are fine? Thank you!

@Rev I run him with 4 Braziers. Warpfire projectors are good against hordes, but so are many other Skaven units, and I don’t often play against other horde armies. For me, if Thanquol is going to be within 8” (flamer range) then he’s going to be in combat where the braziers do massive amounts of damage (avg 12 wounds vs 4+). You could, of course, shield him with a unit of clanrats. It just depends on how you play I guess?

Edited by Cosmicsheep
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nikobot said:

@Gwendar

Just perused your batrep log. You legend. Love the reports, keep them coming! 👍

I really do appreciate it, seriously. We have a monthly "tournament" (quotes because it can be anywhere from 4-8 participants) on the 4th Saturday if every month and I try to attend each and get 2-3 games up the next day.

4 hours ago, Rev said:

Heeey! Wanted to ask you, is my Thanquol still better off with warpfire projectors or braziers are fine? Thank you!

I split mine 50/50, but I also don't really use him anymore. I agree with Cosmic though in that 4 Braziers can answer various units whereas Warpfire may only be useful against hordes. Could depend how the rest of your list looks. Corrupter/Grey Seer for Plague? Acolytes? Maybe you don't need Warpfire if you have those types of models.. without them and knowing your local/tournament meta uses a lot of 20+ model hordes I would say it's a reasonable investment to at least split them 50/50.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, States said:

How I wish thanquol was somewhat better or costed less. LOVE the model, but I don't see any possible competitive list with him :(

He sits at a weird point value. It both makes sense and doesn't at the same time. He's a great caster thanks to the +2, and also great in combat and can wipe units with warpfire.. I think if he was too much less it would be much stronger than a Warpseer in some regards which is why it makes sense where he's at. Bottom line is we have so many other units we need to bring in lists, like my recent ones where I run 3 threats instead of just 1-2. It lowers my hero count but I have more reliable damage sources which is generally how games get won.

Got a game against tzeentch changehost tomorrow. Last game against tzeentch I made the mistake of trying to force pinks off an objective. Even with fully buffed stormfiends, this took a turn too long. 

Any tips against them, do I try and snipe off heroes? 

The list I plan to run:

Arch warlock - deranged inventor, MMMWP

Grey seer - snoutgrovel robes, skitterleap.

Warlock engineer- MMMWP

9 jezzails

6 stormfiends

3 x 20 clanrats

Doomwheel

Warplightning vortex 

Vermintide

Edited by fishwaffle2232

44 minutes ago, fishwaffle2232 said:

Got a game against tzeentch changehost tomorrow. Last game against tzeentch I made the mistake of trying to force pinks off an objective. Even with fully buffed stormfiends, this took a turn too long. 

Any tips against them, do I try and snipe off heroes? 

The list I plan to run:

Arch warlock - deranged inventor, MMMWP

Grey seer - snoutgrovel robes, skitterleap.

Warlock engineer- MMMWP

9 jezzails

6 stormfiends

3 x 20 clanrats

Doomwheel

Warplightning vortex 

Vermintide

Let us know how you go. I'm actually interested to see how you go with that list, especially the Doomwheel. No Bell is kind of weird.

37 minutes ago, Obeisance said:

Let us know how you go. I'm actually interested to see how you go with that list, especially the Doomwheel. No Bell is kind of weird.

Yea I haven't played a list without either a warpseer or bell so not sure how it will go. 

The snoutgrovel robes will help prevent a nasty battleshock after an alpha strike in the same way a bell would, but very squishy so i need to make sure he is protected. I like the skitterleap options too, because he can skitterleap himself if needed, which i like. 

The spare points let me take a pseudo 3rd threat. I know the doomwheel doesnt hit too hard,  but it can do ebough that the opponent cant ignore it. I would probably prefer a hellpit abomination, but unfortunately i dont have the model. 

43 minutes ago, fishwaffle2232 said:

The spare points let me take a pseudo 3rd threat. I know the doomwheel doesnt hit too hard,  but it can do ebough that the opponent cant ignore it. I would probably prefer a hellpit abomination, but unfortunately i dont have the model. 

It hits pretty hard in the shooting phase, unless you luck has run out and jay is winking at you (basically rolling a double one for shooting attacks).

In any other case most opponents will won’t notice the potential threat a doomwheel can be, considering that it can move through most units (excluding heroes), and be a pest in the enemy’s backline.

with mmmwp and the vial of the fulminator that doomwheel will be able to even one-shoot a big hero, or deal significant damage, as long as you role average or better. 

Although those are just some of my thoughts, having been using the doom brigade for a couple of battles, I could call myself an experienced skavenplayer when it comes down to the Art of annoyance 😋.

Yes-yes

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

It hits pretty hard in the shooting phase, unless you luck has run out and jay is winking at you (basically rolling a double one for shooting attacks).

In any other case most opponents will won’t notice the potential threat a doomwheel can be, considering that it can move through most units (excluding heroes), and be a pest in the enemy’s backline.

with mmmwp and the vial of the fulminator that doomwheel will be able to even one-shoot a big hero, or deal significant damage, as long as you role average or better. 

Although those are just some of my thoughts, having been using the doom brigade for a couple of battles, I could call myself an experienced skavenplayer when it comes down to the Art of annoyance 😋.

Yes-yes

I pretty much take a doomwheel in every list becauae i love the model on the table,i love its rules, it's fun and because it can be an absolute boss if you roll well.

Every game it has made back its points or better. Although  it usually only gets a single round of shooting before it gets taken out, the short range shooting really makes it easy to lock down. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 7:18 PM, Skreech Verminking said:

Challenge accepted.

let’s see-see if I can get those minis painted till the grand event in Luxembourg

I was thinking of going too... If the Grand Skreech Verminking himself is in attendance, then it gets even better!

• Like 1

Had my game today  against tzeentch and feel like it was both super fun and frustrating.

I only really made one mistake and unfortunately it was in deployment and it probably cost me the game. 

I thought I had done a good job at screening everything and had deployed all my value units on the table edge out of flamer range. Unfortunately I left a stupid gap perfect for the changeling to teleport in and charge my 9 jezzails. Seriously, it was a gap perfect for him and I cannot explain why i spent so much time screening only to leave space for him to do what i was trying to stop...Oh well, I'll say that I learnt from it.

What this meant is that I was forced to take on the changeling with my casters, who did manage to finish him off. But i lost 2 jezzails in the process and on my first turn the jezzails got his LOC down to 3 wounds...he retreated in his next turn and I was never able to get him with enough shots after this. He finished out the game on 1 wound and he spent the game taking apart my army with spell portal casting. 

On the plus side, my doomwheel did decent again, not great though. He took down 6 flamers and then drew a round of shooting away from my stormfiends. Not MVP but worth it. 

The greyseer with snoutgrovel robes was good, but I didn't notice it made a huge difference. Wholely within 13 isnt particulalry large so it was a bit hard to cover all my units when they were spread out. He did teleport onto an objective for a turn of scoring before getting blasted by the LOC though. 

I ended up losing an objective on the last turn which lost me the game. His horrors outnumbered my stormfiends and they couldn't remove them quickly enough to stop them. 

Overall i was really happy with the list, had I not made the deployment error I likely would have shot the LOC off turn 1, which would have undone his list quickly. He did make a few errors too though so it possibly balanced out. Regardless it was extremely close and the balance went both ways at different times. 

I did miss having mortal wound saves, as all of my heroes were very squishy and suffered to his casting. I may have to look back to the warpseer or bell. But I'll definitely try the list out again.

Endless spells didnt play any part in the game for me. He got all his unbinds and there was never a good chance to get the WLV off. Looking back there was maybe a very small chance of blocking off the objective with vermintide, which may have won me the game, but again he probably would have just unbound it anyway so who knows!

Good game but those changehost are tricky. 

Edited by fishwaffle2232
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gronnelg said:

If I give the liber bubonicus to a Corruptor - what prayers can I use? Can he also use echoes of the great plagues? 

He can do 1 prayer per turn from the Plague Priest on foot warscroll - Disease-Disease and Pestilence-pestilence

No he cannot trigger the great plagues. it needs to be a CLAN PESTILENS PRIEST and he is not

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gronnelg said:

Gnawhole placement. Let's talk-talk about it! 
I usually Place on in the middle of my backline, and then two on each board side in a position where they threaten objectives. 
What are some good placements and considerations you fine gentlerats have come up with?

I’ve been always placing one in the enemy territory.

it gives them a hard choice, to either keep a unit  back or take the risk of me stealing their objectives.

either way I profit

Edited by Skreech Verminking