5kaven5lave

So Nova was this weekend. Top 3/4 was Slaanesh, by the look of it.

How did Skaven go?

James O'Brien - 11th

Clawlord - Brutal Fury
Grey Seer: Skitterleap
Grey Seer on Bell: Master of Magic, Death Frenzy, Aetherquarts Brooch
Grey Seer on Bell: Warpgale
Engineer: MMWP

40 Clanrats: Sword
40 Stormvermin

15 Acolytes

Aethervoid Pendulum
Geminids
Extra command point

Matt Obringer - 13th (!)

Grey Seer on Bell: Supreme Manipulator, Aetherquarts Brooch, Skitterleap
Arch Warlock: Warplightning Shield
Clawlord on Brood Horror: Shield of Distraction, Verminous Valor
Thanqol on Boneripper: Death Frenzy

30 Stormvermin

Clawhorde
Warplightning Vortex

John Fuerhelm - 16th

Grey Seer on Bell: Master of Magic, Death Frenzy
Warbringer
Warpseer
Priest on Furnace

40 Clanrats: Spear
40 Clanrats: Spear
20 Clanrats: Spear

40 Monks: Blade
40 Monks: Blade

Nate Trentanelli - 25th

Arch Warlock: Deranged Inventor, Vigordust Injector, MMWP
Bombadier: MMWP
Thanqol: Warpgale

5 Acolytes
5 Acolytes
3 Stormfiends
6 Jezzails
10 Blood Knights (Allied- I didn't think we could ally.)
Warplightning Cannon

Warplightning Vortex

Interesting seeing Stormvermin making placings!

• Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 12:39 AM, Hagbean said:

Pretty pleased with these boys, managed to smash through 40 of them with relative ease ready for battle along with their movement trays!

I've got 80 Stormvermin that are fully painted just need basing and then their movement trays need doing also, slowly starting to feel like i'm going to actually finish this list!

Still need to paint:
-Verminlord Warbringer (based/zenithal primed)
-Grey Seer on screaming bell (zenithal primed/coated with contrast grey ready for details)

I'm waiting for my delivery of masking putty from greenstuffworld (been waiting for about a month!! anyone else had stuff delivered from them? does it usually take this long?) before I do the screaming bell/warbringer due to some fiddly bits I don't want to overspray onto where masking tape/tissue just won't do the job.

clanrats3.jpg

clanrats4.jpg

I have found that white tack works quite well to mask fiddly areas.

Now that Im thinking about it🤔, technically pure skryre could be a thing now since we got the mercenaries.

With it you should be able to take 60marauders into your list as meatshields.

sure they wont benefit from your allegiance or artifacts, or any buffs, but would at least solve the problem of having no charge defense on your big guys.

although it comes with the cost of a cp.

4 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Now that Im thinking about it🤔, technically pure skryre could be a thing now since we got the mercenaries.

With it you should be able to take 60marauders into your list as meatshields.

sure they wont benefit from your allegiance or artifacts, or any buffs, but would at least solve the problem of having no charge defense on your big guys.

although it comes with the cost of a cp.

True, it could be a somewhat cheaper solution to the screening problem but doesn't solve the body count problem really.  If you're taking enough marauders to play the objectives game then you might as well just take clanrats. The lack of battleshock immunity would be a real problem.

But yeah, if you really wanted to you could do something like:

Arch-Warlock

Grey Seer on Screaming Bell

9 Stormfiends

6 Stormfiends

5 Skryre Acolytes

20 Marauders

Soulscream Bridge

Extra CP

On 9/2/2019 at 4:58 PM, Kirjava13 said:

We can't ally anyone. Only Pestilens have an ally choice, and that's Nurgle, and that's only if you go pure Pestilens and your general is Pestilens. Maybe Nova had a special rule...?

According to the tome, you only need the general of your army to be Pestilens to ally with Nurgle units, not the entire army as pure Pestilens. I don't think many of them are good options for skaven but it would still be fun to experiment with 😄

Yes, Skaven are excellent casters. Almost all of our wizards can cast/dispel twice, we have terrain that buffs casting and a general trait that does same.

Starting?

Minimum 2*40 Clanrats. Maybe some Plague Monks. Grey Seer, Warpseer, Grey Seer on Bell. You could grab the Skaven half of Carrion Empire or old copies of Island of Blood.

It really depends on what direction you want to go in.. Skaven is very diverse.

Pestilens bleed mortal wounds and have high volume of attacks. Skryre has a lot of shooting that can kill yourself. Masterclan are great casters. Verminus provide the infantry. Moulder breeds monsters in all shapes and sizes and Eshin skulks around. 

Sadly you don't really see much Eshin on the table, though.

Edited by Obeisance
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Obeisance said:

Yes, Skaven are excellent casters. Almost all of our wizards can cast/dispel twice, we have terrain that buffs casting and a general trait that does same.

Starting?

Minimum 2*40 Clanrats. Maybe some Plague Monks. Grey Seer, Warpseer, Grey Seer on Bell. You could grab the Skaven half of Carrion Empire or old copies of Island of Blood.

It really depends on what direction you want to go in.. Skaven is very diverse.

Pestilens bleed mortal wounds and have high volume of attacks. Skryre has a lot of shooting that can kill yourself. Masterclan are great casters. Verminus provide the infantry. Moulder breeds monsters in all shapes and sizes and Eshin skulks around. 

Sadly you don't really see much Eshin on the table, though.

80 clanrats on 1000 is not too many? and im interest in magic. so Masterclan? 

Masterclan is not an army to build as you don't have Masterclan units other than heroes - it's more a spellcasting addition to other Clans. The best Clan for magic (well the only one with casters) is Skryre. And even then their playstyle is "shoot everything" rather than "cast all the spells".

full album here!

Finally finished my 2k points of Verminus, took me roughly 2 months on and off.

Playing with them tomorrow so will be posting some action pics!

Many thanks to @Gwendar for the inspiration and sharing his methods a few months ago.

Expect to see my Moulder/Skryre /Eshin/Pestilens armies fully painted over the next however many months!

IMG_20190906_212124.jpg

IMG_20190906_212742.jpg

IMG_20190906_212856.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

16 hours ago, simakover said:

80 clanrats on 1000 is not too many? and im interest in magic. so Masterclan? 

If you want a magic heavy list, look at some of my previous builds. I run a magic list occasionally using 3 Verminlords, an Arch-Warlock and a Grey Seer on foot with 100 Clanrats and 4 Endless spells (WLV, Vermintide, Geminids and Pendulum). It tends to do alright, but that depends entirely on how good your dice rolls are as magic, even with +'s and re-rolls can be a fickle thing. Luckily, the list also weighs on the Corrupter having SoJ and he goes after the heroes\monsters and can also do a lot to hordes with Dreaded Plague. It's fun, but I don't know that I would bring it to a tournament (despite a similar list doing quite well in the past at one and the inspiration behind my list).

Of course, that's all at 2k.. for 1k, I don't think you'll do too great at a magic heavy list, but I would recommend an AW + Grey Seer\Bell and at least the WLV and fill up with Clanrats\more wizards if you really want to.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, sorry to say no batrep today; game was cut short after only getting in 1 turn so... maybe next time. Monks weren't going to do anything and 6 Fiends are still great but... obviously I'm not going to count this game as a proper test field since I only got 1 turn. Should be the monthly 1-2 games coming up in the next couple weeks if I don't get anymore in. Also, they look great @Hagbean... I really should actually post up everyone. May do that this weekend.

Edited by Gwendar

I have a tournament in December where you can display a summoning pool alongside your army. So I thought it might be a great time to get all 5 Verminlords on the table. This is the 'core' of the list, I just need to decide which two Verminlords as well as General/Artefacts would be best to take. I know it wont be a competitive list, but might need your help to make it as strong as possible.

Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (220)
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (220)
- Lore of Ruin: Warpgale
40 x Stormvermin (450)
20 x Clanrats (120)
20 x Clanrats (120)
40 x Plague Monks (280)

@Aelford Considering your investment in SV and Monks, I think a Warbringer is a no-brainer to take along. I would also give yourself more Clanrats but, if you aren't aiming for competitive play then I guess it isn't a big deal... but I would be taking at least 60-80. If you aren't going to go with any shooting, you could always add in more Monks and a Corruptor isn't a terrible addition either, though he's best used with SoJ. Barring that a Warpseer is always a great take, especially with Stone or another defensive realm artifact for hero\wizard controlled battleplans like places of arcane power.

And you know, WLV is always great but your use of it is more limited without a way to Skitterleap an AW\Grey Seer closer; definitely great area denial or good against armies that are in your face T1.

So, finally having finished painting my skaven army, I have chosento take part at a tournament that will be held this Saturday.

My List will consist of:

Warscroll Builder on www.warhammer-community.com
Allegiance: Skaventide - Mortal Realm: Chamon
LEADERS
Skaa Bloodtail (100)
Clawlord
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait : Devious Adversary
Grey seer sniktrick (220)
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell - Lore of Ruin : Warpgale
Skreek the destroyer (280)
Verminlord Warbringer
- General
- Command Trait : Brutal Fury - Artefact : Rune Blade
Skallog the mad (100)
Warlock Bombardier
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism : More-more-more Warp Power!
UNITS
The black furred gnawers of the deep warrens (200)
40 x Clanrats - Rusty Blade
Skrollags mighty backstabbers (200)
40 x Clanrats - Rusty Blade
Red guard (450)
40 x Stormvermin - Halberd & Shield
The man-thing flayers (260)
3 x Stormfiends
The dwarf-things menace (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower
The squig-burner (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN
 Bell of Doom (40)
TOTAL: 1990/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 179
LEADERS: 4/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 2/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ALLIES: 0/400

The list your seeing above consists of exactly 130models, and well is more of a fun/fluff  rather then a hardcore everything will die-die turn 2 list.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Aelford said:

I thought Skitterleap will help with positioning if needed, as well as an Verminlords I summon. 

Yeah... I wouldn't say it's necessary at all but it can be a nice boon. When I run him it's with my magic list so I have access to Dreaded Skitterleap which is infinitely more reliable than the 9" charge required from standard Skitterleap. It's almost always a guaranteed Hero\Behemoth deleted per turn and can delete\cripple a horde unit all in 1 model, so I'm a big fan. He generally gets thrown in with reckless abandon so if he die's I'm generally not too upset so long as 1-3 units die with him.