5kaven5lave

1 hour ago, SaucyRatBear said:

Love it!!! I can't wait to summon one of those with the bell! Still haven't gotten that to actually happen but then again I haven't played many games with the bell.

I have been playing a lot of those games, and I actually never was able to roll a 12 on it’s ability.

Yet  me rolling a 12 on any other roll seems very high.

At one point I was able to roll a 12 on all three rattling guns, I brought against a dok player.

My poor friend just couldn’t believe his eyes when I destroyed his whole army with those roles😂.

at least those damage dealers died immediately afterwards

• Haha 1

On 9/26/2021 at 9:41 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

I have been playing a lot of those games, and I actually never was able to roll a 12 on it’s ability.

Yet  me rolling a 12 on any other roll seems very high.

At one point I was able to roll a 12 on all three rattling guns, I brought against a dok player.

My poor friend just couldn’t believe his eyes when I destroyed his whole army with those roles😂.

at least those damage dealers died immediately afterwards

Getting a 12 on your bell is one of the greatest victories in this game. I got one in my first ever tournament game, just after rolling for the double turn with my skryre. He was playing warclans and had failed some pretty crucial charges on turn 1. So the verminlord was maybe a tad overkill, but a great victory for the horned rat nonetheless. 

2 hours ago, fishwaffle2232 said:

Getting a 12 on your bell is one of the greatest victories in this game. I got one in my first ever tournament game, just after rolling for the double turn with my skryre. He was playing warclans and had failed some pretty crucial charges on turn 1. So the verminlord was maybe a tad overkill, but a great victory for the horned rat nonetheless. 

I truly see-see you cunning scheme,

yet mine might need some time before it carries any fruits.

well at least Doomwheels seem to be back in the game, thanks to the new orruk warclans book (ironjawz style).

having a single Doomwheel is already

enough to threaten their movement shenanigans, and their most important damage buffer the warchanter 

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, LeonBox said:

Sometimes I like to rewrite dreadful warscrolls to be less dreadful. Below is what might well be our worst warscroll: the Deathmaster. 1923534372_clan-eshin-deathmaster(1).jpg.6af0689f2dbb82aace3d10c396cc21b9.jpg

Oh I love this. The deathmaster might actually be able to kill something!

I really hope GW give some love to Eshin. They are happy to continue to use them in the developing the AoS lore, so hopefully that means they are on the cards at some point. 

On 9/27/2021 at 2:58 PM, Skreech Verminking said:

I truly see-see you cunning scheme,

yet mine might need some time before it carries any fruits.

well at least Doomwheels seem to be back in the game, thanks to the new orruk warclans book (ironjawz style).

having a single Doomwheel is already

enough to threaten their movement shenanigans, and their most important damage buffer the warchanter 

Doomwheels are always on the menu for me, even if they have a questionable role. 

I have 3 painted up and ready to roll, but unfortunately they are pretty hopeless against my mates ogors.

These are the rides for my rats.cleardot.gif

20210927_203412.jpg

Edited by fishwaffle2232
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, fishwaffle2232 said:

Doomwheels are always on the menu for me, even if they have a questionable role. 

I have 3 painted up and ready to roll, but unfortunately they are pretty hopeless against my mates ogors.

These are the rides for my rats.cleardot.gif

20210927_203412.jpg

I’ve been playing a min. of 3 Doomwheels for the whole duration of the second edition.

And I love them.

Although costing a bit too much, they seem to be the perfect answer against any ironjaws/ kruellboys army, with their heavy shooting stuff.

currently  my next tournament list looks like this:

Allegiance: Skaventide
- Grand Strategy: - Triumphs:
LEADERS
Verminlord Deceiver (345)**
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Arch-Warlock (175)**
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
 Warlock Bombardier (125)**
- Artefact: Vial of the Fulminator - Universal Spell Lore: Levitate
UNITS
60 x Clanrats (390)***
- Rusty Spear
- 01 x Standard Bearers
- 01 x Standard Bell Ringers
20 x Clanrats (130)***
- Rusty Blade
- 01 x Standard Bearers
20 x Clanrats (130)***
- Rusty Blade
- 01 x Standard Bearers
1 x Doomwheel (165)* 1 x Doomwheel (165)* 1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Warp-Grinder (75)**
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS Warp Lightning Vortex (90)

CORE BATTALIONS
*Alpha-Beast Pack
**Warlord
***Hunters of the Heartlands ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS Artefact
     LEADERS: 3/6
BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)
BEHEMOTHS: 3/4
ARTILLERY: 0/4

I’m currently taking part in a path to glory, and tonight is the first day, I and my buddy will be starting.

so having just gotten him build will put me at a lot of fun for this evening.

Ps: we are actually just playing for some fun time, and well being able to get our stuff painted, this is actually the reason why we started a path to glory campaign between us, and with a bit of luck we might be able to get some other beginners hooked to the campaign, considering how amazingly ruled it currently is.

So after some time I went back to the warscroll of the Doomwheel and had another look at it.

I read through the rolling doom rule from the doomwheel, an noticed, thanks to some person on this forum, that the doomwheel, could actually drive over models with more then 3 wounds if it could actually fly.

Now comes the fun part levitate now exist.

91BE7B20-8D8B-4DE6-95DA-CFEC382B6B45.jpeg.4167130ab3e41627855ba2c4d6031b2c.jpeg

if we now read through the rule again, we will notice that the moving over a model or ending the movement within one to deal wounds isn’t limited to only a normal move, Meaning that it is possible for a doomwheel to deal 3d3 mortal wounds towards a unit in a single turn, since it now can move over models in the charge phase as well when levitate is on it.

this could come in handy if we are trying to kill-kill multiple smaller heroes in the same phase.

I could see Warchanter starting to hate-fear this combination, since hiding from a vialed pf the fulminator doomwheel, will very likely be able to catch them of guard in any turn.

and being able to kill a warchanter with just movement, will give you the chance to shoot the other one of the table, in addition of keeping the whole ironjawz or big whaaag mostly consisting  of ironjawz units, from moving twice for a bit.

It will also force any mawcrusher with the fast un trait to use their once per game ability very early.

as for playing against giants, we might still struggle a bit, without the support of any stormfiends.😅

23 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

So after some time I went back to the warscroll of the Doomwheel and had another look at it.

I read through the rolling doom rule from the doomwheel, an noticed, thanks to some person on this forum, that the doomwheel, could actually drive over models with more then 3 wounds if it could actually fly.

if we now read through the rule again, we will notice that the moving over a model or ending the movement within one to deal wounds isn’t limited to only a normal move, Meaning that it is possible for a doomwheel to deal 3d3 mortal wounds towards a unit in a single turn, since it now can move over models in the charge phase as well when levitate is on it.

this could come in handy if we are trying to kill-kill multiple smaller heroes in the same phase.

I could see Warchanter starting to hate-fear this combination, since hiding from a vialed pf the fulminator doomwheel, will very likely be able to catch them of guard in any turn.

and being able to kill a warchanter with just movement, will give you the chance to shoot the other one of the table, in addition of keeping the whole ironjawz or big whaaag mostly consisting  of ironjawz units, from moving twice for a bit.

It will also force any mawcrusher with the fast un trait to use their once per game ability very early.

as for playing against giants, we might still struggle a bit, without the support of any stormfiends.😅

Nar have it run over a giants foot a cupple of times :)

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2021 at 2:26 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

I missing something - where does the 3rd round of mortals come from? (1d3 in the movement phase move, 1d3 in the charge move)

Edited by Bregor

24 minutes ago, Bregor said:

I missing something - where does the 3rd round of mortals come from? (1d3 in the movement phase move, 1d3 in the charge move)

Theoretically this is what happens if I understand it correctly.

you’ll be doing d3 mortal wounds by driving over the enemy model.

and in the charge phase, you would then proceed to move over the model you want to charge and end the movement of the wheel within 1 inch of that same model, dealing another 2d3 mortals on a role of 2+ 

So reading carefully there are two things that I am noticing. 1. It says "other" in there so if you dealt damage on rolling over on the charge you can't deal damage for ending next to it for the same unit. As I see it this means that it's max 2d3 mortals just for movement. 2. The ending a charge within 1" damage has no wound requirements so the levitate would really only deal 1d3 extra per unit larger than 3 wounds that you pass over. With that said I am seeing enough MSU's being played that I see myself using the Doomwheel again and while the levitate trick might not be that helpful against the Gargants it is very helpful for the main purpose of a Doomwheel which is to pick off those support heroes hiding within/behind screens because with levitate you can deal the mortals to both the chaff as well as the heroes. Now I wish it wasn't considered a behemoth so I could try a mobile army of just/mostly Doomwheels

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SaucyRatBear said:

So reading carefully there are two things that I am noticing. 1. It says "other" in there so if you dealt damage on rolling over on the charge you can't deal damage for ending next to it for the same unit. As I see it this means that it's max 2d3 mortals just for movement. 2. The ending a charge within 1" damage has no wound requirements so the levitate would really only deal 1d3 extra per unit larger than 3 wounds that you pass over. With that said I am seeing enough MSU's being played that I see myself using the Doomwheel again and while the levitate trick might not be that helpful against the Gargants it is very helpful for the main purpose of a Doomwheel which is to pick off those support heroes hiding within/behind screens because with levitate you can deal the mortals to both the chaff as well as the heroes. Now I wish it wasn't considered a behemoth so I could try a mobile army of just/mostly Doomwheels

Yeah, well I wasn’t very certain how to interpret the correct wording, but 2d3 mortal wounds still gives us a good chance to pick those nasty little support heroes one by one of.

and currently I’m really struggling getting more then 2 Doomwheels into my list, b’cause of points.

they really can’t take the damage dealer role, that we currently need to get those bigger units removed, which is why I’m currently working on a list, that is combining those with rattling guns and warpfire thrower weapon team.

Salutations!

Me and some friends have started a slow-grow league. After choosing Skaven as my new army, I've bought a Bombardier, a pack of Stormfiends and a Pestilens SC, from which I am in the process of turning the 20 monks into Acolytes.

I've been thinking about my final 2k list and wanted to ask for some more experienced players about the viability of a pure Skryre force in AoS 3.0. Are there any examples so far? Is there any viable way to do it, or will this be a pure fun army until a new book comes out?

33 minutes ago, romhi said:

Salutations!

Me and some friends have started a slow-grow league. After choosing Skaven as my new army, I've bought a Bombardier, a pack of Stormfiends and a Pestilens SC, from which I am in the process of turning the 20 monks into Acolytes.

I've been thinking about my final 2k list and wanted to ask for some more experienced players about the viability of a pure Skryre force in AoS 3.0. Are there any examples so far? Is there any viable way to do it, or will this be a pure fun army until a new book comes out?

There are a few, although most are currently ending in a unit of 9stormfiends being buffed to oblivion, and whatever else you think you’ll need to take (screens, maybe another unit of acolytes, or your just feeling lucky and going the doomwheels route.)

you’ll also want to take a battle regiment, to have the choice for the first turn.

These kinds of skryre list can deal a huge amount of mortal wounds, yet I personally believe that they aren’t to great, loose all of your engineers, and your opponent just reduced your damage potential down to 25% of your whole army.

Still their seem to be a fair few person having some luck with these kinds of builds.

And next sunday there will be a skaventide player at the upcoming tournament (a good friend of mine as well, although he still believes that doomwheels are bad (can’t wait to show him the opposite😈)), he is going all out on clan skryre.

This is his list:

17CF22B9-960B-4FB3-9AA7-093E50799A61.jpeg.dcf977a92f7fbe14e75e44874540b6b7.jpeg
I personally do not like the list too much, but I’m more of a player who tries to cheat his way with good dice rolls onto the top (although it doesn’t always works, sometimes my dice just aren’t bothered giving me a good role, (for example the last three double turns I tried to deny my enemies, rolled a one thrice))

anyways this my mixed arms list, which has a lot of clans skryre elements in it, (and a good amount of rats).

Allegiance: Skaventide
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery - Triumphs: Inspired
LEADERS
Warlock Bombardier (125)***
- Artefact: Vial of the Fulminator - Universal Spell Lore: Levitate

Arch-Warlock (175)***
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!

Verminlord Deceiver (345)***
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon

UNITS
1 x Doomwheel (165)*

1 x Doomwheel (165)*

1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)***

60 x Clanrats (390)**
- Rusty Spear

20 x Clanrats (130)**
- Rusty Blade

20 x Clanrats (130)**
- Rusty Blade

ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS
Warp Lightning Vortex (90)

CORE BATTALIONS
*Alpha-Beast Pack **Hunters of the Heartlands ***Warlord

LEADERS: 3/6
ARTEFACTS: 2/1 ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 1/3
REINFORCED UNITS: 2/4
    TOTAL: 1980/2000
WOUNDS: 151
BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)
BEHEMOTHS: 3/4
ARTILLERY: 0/4 ALLIES: 0/400

And the spell levitate on a doomwheel works wonders.

Being able to deal mortals on the move and charge to any units, really gives the support heroes who now no longer can hide-sneak like a coward-things, a run for their money, of course my opponent wasn’t very happy with the complaint something about some kind of lumineth heroe not being able to take steal objective with skme kind of teleport spell??, but considering the current wording and how there currently is no existing faq for this, I would say it works without any problems (for now at least)

(Ps: Yet I still lost, rolled a one again not denying the double turn of my opponent who ran ironjawz, and army you really don’t want to get double turned by).

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Advice needed! My regular opponent goes Lumineth with Teclis and 20 Sentinels most of the time, because he absolutely hates fun. Although I'm a one-drop, he's beat me with the roll-off both times and goes first so he can get his 5++ spell and Total Eclipse off, gimping my ability to fight back (particularly if I get the double, as both spells remain in effect). With Teclis he's guaranteed to get the spells off he needs, and he also has re-rolls from aetherquartz and his shrine. My list:

Verminlord Warpseer

Arch-Warlock, Amulet of Destiny, MMMWP

Warlock Bombardier, MMMWP

6 x Stormfiends, 2x windlaunchers, 2x Ratling Cannons, 2x Doomflayer Gauntlets

40x Clanrats

20x Clanrats

20x Clanrats

3x Warpfire Throwers His list:

Teclis

20x Sentinels

2x5 Roo Riders

5x Swordmasters

1x Cathallar

Any advice is much appreciated! I'm thinking of getting a Warpgrinder in the list and going all in on attacking his Sentinels, as they're far too dangerous. He killed my Stormfiends by turn 2 last battle, and also had the Cathallar's "Darkness of the Soul" spell on them to gimp their ability to act. Very frustrating.