5kaven5lave

1 hour ago, Verminlord said:

Unfortunately he cannot be used in tournament/matched play.

I have one too, and though I didn't use him often, it's a great model that filled a mounted tanky verminus support role that now no longer exists.

You can of course use him in your casual games though, or run him as a hellpit abomination.

But why? What's the point of taking it out of our roster? It's an existing and easily convertable model. I'm so frustrated!

Just now, Ratling said:

But why? What's the point of taking it out of our roster? It's an existing and easily convertable model. I'm so frustrated!

It's no longer sold by FW. For GW if something is OOP and not included in GHB it's not valid for matched play.

42 minutes ago, Ratling said:

Yeah it sucks. I had him on my wish-list for so long. And I don’t even care that much about not playing him. Just wanted to paint the model. 

Never thought they would take that model out. Maybe the moulds degraded? 😞

Been playing around with lists again. Have two skryre lists here. They fall apart vs shooting but most things do now don't they...

Spoiler

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Warlock Engineer (110)
- Artefact: Vial of the Fulminator
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Warp Lightning Shield
Warlock Engineer (110)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Warp Lightning Shield

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
20 x Night Runners (160)
20 x Night Runners (160)

Artillery
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Battalions
Warpcog Convocation (60)
Arkhspark Voltik (60)
Arkhspark Voltik (60)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Bell of Doom (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 149

This list was made to not rely on MMWP and also as an excuse to run 3 roulette machine cannons. Night runners allow everything to move forward and stop clanrats from getting annihilated turn one. Vial can double a cannons move in a pinch if I need it. Ratlings stick to the general for rerolls and get buffed further or gnawhole teleported if needed.

The next one started as an attempt to run stormvermin in skryre.  Stormvermin and fiends start underground. Vigordust the ratling if you can slip it through a gnawhole in range of a backline target. Skitterleap the clawlord to support the incoming stormvermin and either place the fiends behind SV or save them for turn two. Turn two skitterleap the engineer over to pump up the fiends. There's a lot riding on getting skitterleap off, so I may switch grey seer to general for master of magic.

Spoiler

Leaders
Warlock Engineer (110)
- General
- Command Trait: Deranged Inventor
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Clawlord (100)
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (240)
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap

Battleline
40 x Stormvermin (400)
- Halberd
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade

Units
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
6 x Stormfiends (520)
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 188

Edited by Verminlord
Changed list 1

Need some rat friend help! 80% of minis is currently at my parents, which is in another city. Anyway!

Have any of you tried to fit 12 stormfiends around the bridge? Can they fit? I don't have anything nearby to check, and my computer screen is broken, so I can't test in TTS haha.

I have a 2 days, 5 games team tournament coming up in a couple months. And I'm going bonkers list just for the hell of it. Just to have fun, and drink those beers.

So either, 12 stormfiends with bridge.

Or

3 doomwheels + 9 jezzails.

2 hours ago, Darkhan said:

Or how about this:

Leaders
Warlock Bombardier (120)
Warlock Bombardier (120)
Warlock Bombardier (120)

Battleline

Units
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)

Soulscream Bridge (100)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Wounds: 96
😂

• Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

15 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Or how about this:

Leaders
Warlock Bombardier (120)
Warlock Bombardier (120)
Warlock Bombardier (120)

Battleline

Units
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)

Soulscream Bridge (100)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Wounds: 96
😂

Hahaha! I saw that list on honest wargamer, did you post it?😂

No way i'm a gazillion ratling guns!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darkhan said:

Need some rat friend help! 80% of minis is currently at my parents, which is in another city. Anyway!

Have any of you tried to fit 12 stormfiends around the bridge? Can they fit? I don't have anything nearby to check, and my computer screen is broken, so I can't test in TTS haha.

I have a 2 days, 5 games team tournament coming up in a couple months. And I'm going bonkers list just for the hell of it. Just to have fun, and drink those beers.

So either, 12 stormfiends with bridge.

Or

Yeah, I've done it a bit recently and it works fine. Even if Bridge fails to go off they still do reasonably well just walking forward for a turn and shooting the Windlaunchers at something; I usually try to cast Bridge before MMMWP just in case.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

Yeah, I've done it a bit recently and it works fine. Even if Bridge fails to go off they still do reasonably well just walking forward for a turn and shooting the Windlaunchers at something; I usually try to cast Bridge before MMMWP just in case.

Epic good sir! Can't wait to try😊

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darkhan said:

Epic good sir! Can't wait to try😊

really like it.. about as much as a more "standard" list with SV + Fiends + Jezzails (which I run with a Grinder Team) but they both have their merits and good vs. bad matchups.

Still testing it for tournament use but it's won\placed very high at larger tournaments. So I'll be buying and painting 6 more Stormfiends most likely 😅

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

really like it.. about as much as a more "standard" list with SV + Fiends + Jezzails (which I run with a Grinder Team) but they both have their merits and good vs. bad matchups.

Still testing it for tournament use but it's won\placed very high at larger tournaments. So I'll be buying and painting 6 more Stormfiends most likely 😅

2x6 fiends 

1x bell 

2x engineers

3x20 clan rats

bridge

sounds about right does it not? Or I could drop the bell and squeeze in more clan rats.

@Darkhan 60 works well enough in this application; your whole strategy is to Alpha strike your opponent off the board rather than play the grind-down game of typical Skaven.

I struggled with the same thing of not feeling like I need the Bell and could just replace with a Grey Seer on foot but.. haven't made up my mind on that. He's really just there to give BS immunity to the Fiends that cross the Bridge than for Clanrats.

Edited by Gwendar
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Verminlord said:

Unfortunately he cannot be used in tournament/matched play.

I have one too, and though I didn't use him often, it's a great model that filled a mounted tanky verminus support role that now no longer exists.

You can of course use him in your casual games though, or run him as a hellpit abomination.

Is that new since GHB 2020?

On 8/27/2020 at 9:08 AM, Ratling said:

Hey all.
So I got myself a warlord on brood horror BUT!
I noticed he's not on warscroll builder nor in a new GHB 2020. What does it mean? Is it not possible to use him now or what?!

Skaven Warlord on Brood Horror| | - AliExpress

I’m confused too, thought it was out but still shows up in the new updated Azyr app?  An oversight?

On 8/28/2020 at 11:08 AM, Coyote said:

I’m confused too, thought it was out but still shows up in the new updated Azyr app?  An oversight?

Things will still show up in Azyr when you search for them because it shows all Legends units. Bottom line, if they don't have points in the GHB under the right profile then they moved to Legends.

The Warpgnaw has points listed in the GHB under Pitched Battle Profiles and thus can be used but the Brood Horror\CLoBH does not and instead has points listed under Legends Pitched Battle Profiles which are not legal for matched play.

1 hour ago, Obeisance said:

So how's Skaven doing competitively at the moment?

I've been off putting bolter rounds in things.

Eh, I'd say middle of the pack. We struggle against the meta stuff (Serpahon, Tzeentch, KO and Lumineth) but I mean... everyone kind of is right now. For me it's really just been adapting a different playstyle by being more aggressive in 1 turn and hoping for the next turn priority.. usually this means using a Grinder team with 6 Stormfiends or a Bridge. I've had reasonable success with 12 Fiends and 6 with a Grinder team to keep them off the table vs T1 shooting\magic. 

I think the issue really just lies on how reliant our Skryre stuff is to get those buffs; once those Wizards are dead they hit like wet noodles. Some guys have done well in recent tournaments but it's generally been through our method of alpha striking to counter an opponents alpha striking.

Hello there,

I'm coming back to the hobby after a two years break and I have no idea where to start.

What would be a fun and enjoyable 1k list ? I'm mainly interested in Clan Pestilens.

This is what I have so far :

- Grey seer

- Grey seer on screaming bell

- Plague priest

- Plague furnace

- Plagueclaw

- Any Verminlords

- 60 plague monks

- 1 hellpit abomination

- 1 Doomwheel

Many thanks !
Champotte.

@Champotte Hey bud, if Focus is on pestilence- Focus on more Plague Monks.  You are in luck, our best Battalion - the Congregation of Filth - requires only the Plague Furnace and x2 units of Plague Monks.  Almost like it was designed as a start, 😉 

Another box of 20 monks, and you’ll be set, or another 60 eventually.

Hello all. Looking for a bit of feedback on a list I'm looking to test next week. Some rationale on the choices:

Thanquol: want to give the big guy another run with the slight point drop. Loadout is a holdover from how he was previously built and he can push out an ok amount of damage in close combat, which my list severely lacks otherwise.  Was unsure of his spell but decided to go with skitterleap as all my other heroes are small and can benefit from it. Warpgale can also make sense for some ranged mortal wounds/movement control. 

Skryre heros: went with three of the lower tier casters w/MMMWP for redundancy. Not sure if I should put the artifact on my general as well, but didn't want to paint a huge bulls eye on one of them. 

One unit of fiends for their pretty good output when buffed. One unit of acolytes to help with more damaging short range shooting, more bodies for objectives/zoning and they aren't as dependent upon buffs for their output as fiends. 

WLV is being brought back in to test again. I feel like it can have an impact as well as acting as a zoning tool because people still have a fear of it from the original incarnation. I also feel like this is a better inclusion than bridge, as really only the fiends will be able to benefit from shooting after going over the bridge. 

One other option I was considering is a Warpseer + extra CP instead of Thanquol. Nets me an additional 20 points (for 40 points spare total) which can be another endless spell or upgrading one of the Bombardiers to an Arch-Warlock. 

Any thoughts/comments are welcome. 

Thanks in advance

WarscrollBuilderList.pdf

@Brakkus Seems fine honestly.. curious to hear how testing goes for you. I have a preference towards Fiends over Acolytes nowadays and I typically try to always squeeze in 6 Jezzails or a Melee threat somewhere; balances out to 1 long range, 1 CC and 1 Mixed set of threats. Trying to make Thanquol a melee threat is alright, although he never pays off for me in that role and I just find 4 Warpfire being better even against units of 10 or even elite units of 6-9. That said, he's the best option to cast WLV with and having him up front helps get it somewhere important.

I don't know about switching to a Warpseer over him though.. then you really only have 2 threats both of which are neutered on losing the support heroes. WLV is just going to be swingy for you and with it being so close it has a good potential of hurting you if you aren't careful with it's placement so just be wary. Lately I've had the most success from Grinder Team'd Stormfiends combined with a Doomwheel or Cannon and 40 Stormvermin... or 12 Stormfiends across a Bridge 😅

Always worth trying things out and seeing how they work for you; what works for me or others here may not for you and vice versa.. just be sure to let us know how things go.