5kaven5lave

4 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

I seem to recall that they hinted that Sigmar was one of the missing space marine primarchs, whose pod landed on a medieval planet. IIRC that was in the rogue trader book? and by the time 2nd edition came out they had scrapped the idea.

Well If it makes you somewhat happy, there have been rumors that the 40k orks actually came from the old world and were taken through the old ones Into the 40k universe.

although their ship crashed into some planet, they were soon after discovered by our fellow humans, from who they learned how to shoot bullets out of a magic stick they found on the ground.

and with magical I basically mean a natural stick And an Orks that believes it can shoot bullets

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Right and here’s a qoute from the thanqoul saga:

“The warlock engineers soon discovered the Device of the Great Beyond, a communication apparatus that spoke to beings from beyond the stars.  As they swirled its many dials, a querulous voice spoke through the stone speakers. That voice, fair and clear caused the Skaven to bolt away.  The device was something like the far-squeaker, but the melodious tones that issued forth were, if anything, kin to the despised speech of the elf-things. As they did not understand the alien language, nor how the arcane contraption worked the warlock engineers pulled the device apart and shot it with warplock pistols until it stopped making any sounds.”

Source: https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/01/40kfantasy-crossover-skaven-eldar-telephone-call.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

The problem with Skaven in 40k setting (as much as I love Skaven) is that Genestealer cults already fill the secretive, under empire, lurking menace role. Not really worth having a second army who do the same thing.

I suppose rat men could be used as an auxiliary xenos unit for Tau?

Or as an alternative daemon army?

7 minutes ago, GrimDork said:

I suppose rat men could be used as an auxiliary xenos unit for Tau?

Well the great thing about skaven in 40k is, is basically the option of codexes you can take to convert your skaven army into.

space marine may not be the perfect sollution, but anything from admech, down genestealers and Militarium works pretty great, as a converted skaven faction

• LOVE IT! 1

Skaven were in 40k for a bit. They were named Hrud  and looked like humanoid rats but GW realised that simple transition of WFB races is not good enough and changed them to horrid (in a good way) creatures that generate entropic field. 

• LOVE IT! 1

On 5/24/2020 at 1:42 PM, michu said:

Skaven were in 40k for a bit. They were named Hrud  and looked like humanoid rats but GW realised that simple transition of WFB races is not good enough and changed them to horrid (in a good way) creatures that generate entropic field. 

Found this;p

3b77c8855394ac399a44fc56984188fc.jpg

Hey I'm starting a skaven army what do you thing about this for a gnawbomb army? Dropping thanquol, a deciever, an abomination, and a bell up in somebodys face with 40 plaguemonks coming in off a warp grinder seems like fun.

Screenshot_20200525-190415_Drive.jpg

Edited by Salcomine
Spelling

3 hours ago, Salcomine said:

Hey I'm starting a skaven army what do you thing about this for a gnawbomb army? Dropping thanquol, a deciever, an abomination, and a bell up in somebodys face with 40 plaguemonks coming in off a warp grinder seems like fun.

Screenshot_20200525-190415_Drive.jpg

It looks great.

but to not disappoint you in any way,

thanqoul and the screaming bell can’t be skitterleaped forward since they both have more then 12wounds

That's why you gnaw bomb, so to start you place all 3 your gnawholes on your backline then you can skitterleap the deciever forward to a piece of terrain and gnawbomb it and bring thanquol, the bell and abomination through the new gnawhole.

5 minutes ago, Salcomine said:

That's why you gnaw bomb, so to start you place all 3 your gnawholes on your backline then you can skitterleap the deciever forward to a piece of terrain and gnawbomb it and bring thanquol, the bell and abomination through the new gnawhole.

Only 1 thing can go through a Gnawhole at a time:

"At the start of your movement phase, you can use 1 Gnawhole to transport 1 friendly Skaventide unit"

Edited by Gwendar

@Salcomine your lost really does look great even if it isn’t possible to get everything up front, You’ll be able to surprise a few friends and foes with this list.

although you may notice how hard it is to get a 9inch charge of in a turn.

plague monks might make it easier in thanks to their +1 to the charge role, but that is still an 8 you’ll need to roll with your dice, and there is quite a chance you might not get it.

now I’m not saying that your strategy is In any way bad,

but you’ll be banging on that double turn to get stuff done, something Ironjawz players seem to be doing these days as well😂.

And hoping to win a single dice roll of that can go either way, is usually not something I usually count on.

now I’m not saying that you should not hope you’ll get the next turn, since studies have shown that a player using either aos skaven or 40k orks will be much better at rolling unpredictable almost impossible to get roles, which is basically what our whole army is made of (see the skryre range😂),

but I wouldn’t Count on it.

see it as a gift of the great horned rat, that will either unwrap itself as a victory or a decisive loose.

no matter what you choose, in the end luck is with the bold ones

Edited by Skreech Verminking

So I’ll be playing a game of aos these weekends.

my list looks like this:

Allegiance: Skaventide
- Mortal Realm: Chamon
LEADERS
Skarn, engineer of Dooooom!! (120)
Warlock Bombardier
- General
- Command Trait : Deranged Inventor
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism : More-more-more Warp Power!
Snag an gruk (120)
Warlock Bombardier
- Artefact : Vial of the Fulminator
disciples of Skarn (120)
Warlock Bombardier
UNITS
Shreeks mighty vermins (200)
40 x Clanrats - Rusty Blade
The black furred gnawers of the deep warrens (200)
The backstabbing backstabbers (200)
Stalkers of galgatresh (80)
10 x Night Runners
The mysterious mystery (80)
10 x Night Runners
Skarns miserable experiments (240)
20 x Skryre Acolytes
The deathvermins (240)
20 x Skryre Acolytes
The wheels of Doom (160)
1 x Doomwheel
The Messenger of Dooooooooooom!!! (160)
1 x Doomwheel
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
   Bell of Doom (40) Vermintide (40)
 TOTAL: 2000/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 211
LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 2/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4 ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ALLIES: 0/400

• Like 2

Spoiler

++ *Pitched Battle* 2,000 (Chaos - Nurgle) [2,000pts] ++

+ Uncategorised +

Feculent Gnarlmaw

+ Leader [120pts] +

Poxbringer, Herald of Nurgle [120pts]: 0. Mucktalon, 0. One Last Gift, 1. Favoured Poxes, Arcane Bolt, General, Mystic Shield

+ Battleline [540pts] +

Chaos Warriors [100pts]: 5 Chaos Warriors [100pts], Chaos Hand Weapons and Chaos Runeshields, Hornblower, Nurgle, Standard Bearer

Plaguebearers [320pts]: 3x 10 Plaguebearers [360pts], Icon Bearer, Piper

Plaguebearers [120pts]: 10 Plaguebearers [120pts], Icon Bearer, Piper

+ Battalion [1,080pts] +

Battalion: Thricefold Befoulment [1,080pts]: Thricefold Befoulment [60pts]
. Great Unclean One [340pts]: 3. Sumptuous Pestilence, 5. Tome of a Thousand Poxes, Arcane Bolt, Massive Bilesword, Mystic Shield, Plague Flail
. Great Unclean One [340pts]: 2. Glorious Afflictions, Arcane Bolt, Bileblade, Doomsday Bell, Mystic Shield
. Rotigus [340pts]: 2. Glorious Afflictions, Arcane Bolt, Mystic Shield

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance
. Nurgle: Cycle of Corruption, Munificent Wanderers, Summon Daemons of Nurgle

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

+ Malign Sorcery [260pts] +

Endless Spell: Emerald Lifeswarm [50pts]

Endless Spell: Geminids of Uhl-Gyish [60pts]

Endless Spell: Prismatic Palisade [30pts]

Endless Spell: Purple Sun of Shyish [50pts]

Endless Spell: Umbral Spellportal [70pts]

++ Total: [2,000pts] ++

Opponents list

Spoiler

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (240)
- General
- Command Trait: Master of Magic
- Artefact: Skavenbrew
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Warlock Engineer (100)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Warlock Engineer (100)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
10 x Gutter Runners (120)
6 x Stormfiends (520)
- 2x Windlaunchers
- 2x Ratling Cannons
- 2x Doomflayer Gauntlets
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Foetid Blades

Artillery
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 177

My list.

Help me out here guys. Do you think my list will do well? 
He has more magic than me which kind sucks. And his plaguebearers just wont die. 
I think my keys to victory is taking out one or more Great unclean ones.  Also trying to keep the gutter runners alive, so he will have to think about that threat.

Any other pointers?

• Like 1

Interesting list @Skreech Verminking! Do post a battle report :)
How you found the night runners are worth? Definitely and cool unit with that pre combat move.
Do you have any experience with 1 x10 vs 2 x 10 night runners?

2x20 acolytes is also interesting. Less bang for you buck than 1x30, but more resilient and versatile I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gronnelg said:

Interesting list @Skreech Verminking! Do post a battle report :)
How you found the night runners are worth? Definitely and cool unit with that pre combat move.
Do you have any experience with 1 x10 vs 2 x 10 night runners?

2x20 acolytes is also interesting. Less bang for you buck than 1x30, but more resilient and versatile I guess.

Well I have never used any Night runners, in my past lists, but since the meta has changed and for some reason Got units that do the same damage as acolyte, just with three times the range k figured having some not so expensive Nightrunners to protect my threads might not be sich a bad idea.

and with two units of 10 I’ll be able to screen a bit more then I would with only 10.

as for those 2 units of 20 acolytes, well they are much more handy then a single unit of 30, and I do like having 4or more threads to use against my enemies.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gronnelg said:

I think my keys to victory is taking out one or more Great unclean ones.

You aren't wrong. The handful of time's I've played against Nurgle (2 of which were Thricefold) the GUO's were the real threat and need to be taken care of. Those 30 Plaguebearers will just sit on an objective and aiming everything at them should do well enough to clear them.. aside from that though he doesn't seem to have a ton of other board presence for objectives.

• Like 1

Ok so this is a bit out there but was wondering if anyone has tried it.

A unit of gutter runners which you can place to the side then place anywhere I believe it's something like 6' from the edge or enemy unit but also have a assassin in the unit place and use tactically to kill a wizard, hero or whatever quickly. If they can cause more disruption great if not pull back or sacrifice for if done right a sneaky cheap shot. What do you think?

If possible have any gnaw holes placed so your appointment places a maybe powerful but fragile hero out of harms way only for you to sneak attack then make use of the hole if and when it's tactically good to do so maybe even princes a unit from behind their own line

Question in regards to gnawholes. Can I use multiples of them in a hero phase? I know you can only use each one once. Or is it once for all of them

basically I came up with 3 different scenarios 

1) they can all only be used once

2) they are used in pairs. So if you took ganwbomb you could move 2 units

3) each one can be used once per hero phase. 

just let me know guys

16 hours ago, Martin87 said:

Ok so this is a bit out there but was wondering if anyone has tried it.

A unit of gutter runners which you can place to the side then place anywhere I believe it's something like 6' from the edge or enemy unit but also have a assassin in the unit place and use tactically to kill a wizard, hero or whatever quickly. If they can cause more disruption great if not pull back or sacrifice for if done right a sneaky cheap shot. What do you think?

15 hours ago, Martin87 said:

If possible have any gnaw holes placed so your appointment places a maybe powerful but fragile hero out of harms way only for you to sneak attack then make use of the hole if and when it's tactically good to do so maybe even princes a unit from behind their own line

I like the idea, however I don't think the Deathmaster is worth it for his points right now. That isn't the type of the thing I would just "sacrifice" and would be much more inclined to bring even the WLV. I've yet to have anyone place a fragile hero by themselves to guard a Gnawhole; especially when 90% of heroes like that need to be up near the action for buffs they provide. 20 Gutter Runners on their own have a decent shot at killing stuff without the need for another 100 point hero that isn't on the board until they're in combat.

If he goes down to 60-80 points, then sure, I could see that being picked up a bit more.

4 hours ago, Gdead909 said:

Question in regards to gnawholes. Can I use multiples of them in a hero phase? I know you can only use each one once. Or is it once for all of them

basically I came up with 3 different scenarios 

1) they can all only be used once

2) they are used in pairs. So if you took ganwbomb you could move 2 units

3) each one can be used once per hero phase. 

just let me know guys

The key is in the wording; "At the start of your movement phase, you can use 1 Gnawhole to transport 1 friendly Skaventide unit".

1. Their is no wording present to suggest each Gnawhole can only be used once per game and never again; it's just saying you can only use 1 per your movement phase. If you use Gnawhole A to transport a unit to Gnawhole B, on your next movement phase you can do the exact same thing or vice-versa.

2. No, you could not use a "Gnawbomb" Gnawhole as well as a regular Gnawhole in the same turn as the Gnawbomb one still counts as a Gnawhole and you can only use 1 per movement phase.

3. This happens in the movement phase, not hero phase... just wanted to clarify 😉

• Thanks 1

Off topic - but just want to say I’m excited- an end is within sight for my Great Undertaking project.

i should have 120 heavily modded Acolytes created from old WHFB Empire troops - think Rat Musketeers.  Also with a smattering of scrounged 40k weapons - IG lasrifles, etc.

They wont be pretty, but at least my opponents should be able to identify them by sight.  

• Like 2

Question...can I make anything decent out of 40 clanrats, an engineer, grey seer, Verminlord (deceiver or corruptor), 2 death masters and two weapon teams? If curious, it’s because I have IoB, silver tower and a Verminlord. 1000-1500pts. I also have malign sorcery spells.