5kaven5lave

Hard to tell without seeing the model fully painted, but I personally like it. I don't mind the washed out effect as long as it is for clanrats. Aren't they meant to be dirty anyway? :) I wash mine a lot too using Agrax Earthshade. I like that they look fresh out of the pit.

2 hours ago, Num said:

Hard to tell without seeing the model fully painted, but I personally like it. I don't mind the washed out effect as long as it is for clanrats. Aren't they meant to be dirty anyway? :) I wash mine a lot too using Agrax Earthshade. I like that they look fresh out of the pit.

Dirty is fine, I don't mind that... it's that it barely even looks painted. 

@swarmofseals Take my opinion with a grain of salt since I'm the guy who loves muted tones and painting in greyscale.. but I think the grey looks just fine honestly. I think when it comes to painting metals with it, it works fine as a base, but I tend to find myself lightly drybrushing a metallic over-top of it for that sheen and I'll usually hit it with a touch of Nuln Oil afterwards to bring them together. For the cloth, I really think doing a light and focused drybrush of a slightly lighter grey would help it out a bit.

For me, contrast tends to be quite splotchy and looks odd if you don't mix it with some of the medium. Just as an example, here's a Corvus guy I painted up the other week using mostly contrast.. each color was knocked down with the medium and it makes it a lot smoother overall and multiple coats can get it to the tone you want. Pants are black w/ medium and that icon\buckle is the grey\metal method above. Everything is just over Grey Seer.. I've not really liked mixing contrast with Zenithal, but I really only tried it once so... may give it another shot.

cabal.jpg.3b88c6b5325b233ed870561de2d2f560.jpg

Edited by Gwendar

So I'm going to my first tournament with my Skaven over the weekend and would like some advice on my list.

So first i had 

Allegiance: Skaventide
Grey Seer (140)
- General
- Trait: Master of Magic 
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap
Arch-Warlock (160)
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector 
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
6 x Stormfiends (520)
9 x Warplock Jezzails (420)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
Hell Pit Abomination (240)
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 140

But i felt i really wanted a unit of monks in there for some more bodies and a serious combat threat. 
so got to this

Grey Seer (140)
- General
Arch-Warlock (160)
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
3 x Stormfiends (260)
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Foetid Blades
Bell of Doom (40)

Wounds: 159

so he question is if the inclusion of the monks are worth losing 3 stormfiends and the ratling for? another alternative is trying to keep the 6 fiends and getting to this

Arch-Warlock (160)
Warlock Bombardier (100)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Chain Warp Lightning
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
6 x Stormfiends (520)
6 x Warplock Jezzails (280)
30 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades

Wounds: 161

So the last list has no greyseer skitteleaping vortex shenanigans and I'm dropping jezzails down to 6 but fiends are back up to 6, but also monks are only 30 so no more double banner and muso and will also lose their + to hit & wound much quicker.

Any suggestions?

41 minutes ago, Dracan said:

So I'm going to my first tournament with my Skaven over the weekend and would like some advice on my list.

So first i had 

Grey Seer (140)
- General
Arch-Warlock (160)
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
6 x Stormfiends (520)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)

Wounds: 140

But i felt i really wanted a unit of monks in there for some more bodies and a serious combat threat. 
so got to this

Grey Seer (140)
- General
Arch-Warlock (160)
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
3 x Stormfiends (260)
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Foetid Blades
Bell of Doom (40)

Wounds: 159

so he question is if the inclusion of the monks are worth losing 3 stormfiends and the ratling for? another alternative is trying to keep the 6 fiends and getting to this

Arch-Warlock (160)
Warlock Bombardier (100)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Chain Warp Lightning
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
6 x Stormfiends (520)
6 x Warplock Jezzails (280)
30 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades

So the last list has no greyseer skitteleaping vortex shenanigans and I'm dropping jezzails down to 6 but fiends are back up to 6, but also monks are only 30 so no more double banner and muso and will also lose their + to hit & wound much quicker.

Any suggestions?

I like your second list very much although Im not sure why you have chosen to take the doom bell with you.

it’s a great endless spell, but seeing how you probably wont need it, I think you’re better of just taking something else. With it gone you could easily drop the hellpit for another 3Stormfiends.

although keeping it as it is would be also something nice to see.

The reason for the Bell is solely to spend the last 40pts in that list if it was 50pts a Cp and  60pts it would be a ratling gun.

The hellpit has done some amazing lifting in some of my previous games so tbh id rather not drop it.

The fiends are more in my mind a psychological piece seeing as the hellpit/monks and jezzails are the actual threats in their respected fields of expertise.
fiends are just too much of jack and too little master...

I leaning towards the  second list as well. 

@Dracan While I do like your 2nd list, I agree with Skreech in that I really don't think you need those Stormfiends... 3 just aren't going to be doing that much for you compared to what else you can get for those points. You could drop the Fiends and the Bell of Doom (not too great at protecting you from t1 charges\shooting if they opt to go first) and grab 20 Clanrats for a unit of 40 and then a Screaming Bell which gives you a built in Bell of Doom and plenty of other utility.. not to mention being quite good at holding a Hero\Wizard controlled objective. I would give this Death Frenzy and run it within range of the Monks for the BS immunity and to be in range of Death Frenzy.

You're focusing a lot on killiness but lack a bit in objective control\support. I would be curious to see how it works for you, after all, everyone's local meta is very different and player skill levels vary.. so it may work for you. Otherwise I would give my suggestion a thought to make your list more "well-rounded".

Edited by Gwendar

Some newbie Skaven questions, sorry if they have been previously asked but this thread is almost at 100 pages :)

-Can the Warpseer cast any of the Spell Lore spells? If not, how do people use his double casting?

-Is it possible to field a competitive army with both Stormfiends and Plague Monks?

-What heros/combos are the best for buffing Plague Monks? 

-Is there a generally accepted best build for 6 Stormfiends?

Edited by Warbossironteef

24 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

@Dracan While I do like your 2nd list, I agree with Skreech in that I really don't think you need those Stormfiends... 3 just aren't going to be doing that much for you compared to what else you can get for those points. You could drop the Fiends and the Bell of Doom (not too great at protecting you from t1 charges\shooting if they opt to go first) and grab 20 Clanrats for a unit of 40 and then a Screaming Bell which gives you a built in Bell of Doom and plenty of other utility.. not to mention being quite good at holding a Hero\Wizard controlled objective. I would give this Death Frenzy and run it within range of the Monks for the BS immunity and to be in range of Death Frenzy.

You're focusing a lot on killiness but lack a bit in objective control\support. I would be curious to see how it works for you, after all, everyone's local meta is very different and player skill levels vary.. so it may work for you. Otherwise I would give my suggestion a thought to make your list more "well-rounded".

You got me thinking... not in using more clan rats, but meybe i should just let go the idea of stormfiends as i agree id want to play 6 instead of 3. Soo why not double up on some of the other things, so thought about this:

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
Plague Priest on Plague Furnace (200)

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Foetid Blades
- 1x Icon of Pestilence
- 1x Contagion Banner
- 1x Doom Gongs
- 1x Bale Chimes

Behemoths

Endless Spells / Terrain

Double Hellpit increases the threat on the flank the furnace buffs the monks and also gives the BS immunity.
I am not very worried about keeping the clan rats alive tbh as they should be last priority, if someones targeting them, then 40 monks, 2 aboms and 9 jezzails get to kill whatever they want. I am mostly used to playing nurgle and beast who in general have a lot less models (granted summoning, mobility and durability is a factor) but reckon 120 small inf dudes are more than enough for me to be able to hold objectives. 

21 hours ago, Ineffectual Clawlord said:

@swarmofseals This is a more cohesive argument than I could have made!

I use my spreadsheets to compare units that have a similar capacity to solve a problem for me, e.g. how do I take out a key threat on T1? Then a comparison between Jezzails - WLC - Stormfiends is very enlightening. However there are aspects that can shift all this again (will line of sight be a problem? Point for the Fiends).

---------

Who is the best caster for the Vortex? (casting value8)

Arch-Warlock: chance to succeed with re-roll:      65.98 %

+ Gnawhole:                               82.64 %

Grey Seer:             Warpstone Token:                       68.06 %

+ Gnawhole:                                80.56 %

+ Master of Magic:                      89.35 %

Thanquol:             base +2:                                        72.22 %

+ Gnawhole:                                 83.33 %

+ Warpstone Addiction:              94.91 %

Skreech Verminking: KoftA + Gnawhole:               72.22 %

How successful is the Skitterleap-Vortex-Gnawhole-combo?

Thanquol isn't involved due to weight constraints, Skreetch prefers to plot in the shadows outside of popularity.

Both GS as well as AW have the arcane bonus, AW uses a spark:        68.86 %

GS eats some warpstone and uses Master of Magic:                              78.43 %

-----------

What would it need to make Thanquol popular again?

Grey seer and Thanquol cant stack their 3-dice casting with other bonuses. See the FAQ on Thanquol. 

Best caster is definitely a Skryre wizard with a warp token and a gnawhole.

53 minutes ago, Warbossironteef said:

Some newbie Skaven questions, sorry if they have been previously asked but this thread is almost at 100 pages :)

-Can the Warpseer cast any of the Spell Lore spells? If not, how do people use his double casting?

-Is it possible to field a competitive army with both Stormfiends and Plague Monks?

-What heros/combos are the best for buffing Plague Monks? 

-Is there a generally accepted best build for 6 Stormfiends?

- No, none of the Verminlords can learn another spell from the Lore, only Thanquol + Grey Seer on Foot\Bell

- I think a lot of us are still testing that, but yeah, 1 unit of 40 Monks and 6-9 Stormfiends seems quite viable

- Grey Seer\Bell with Death Frenzy, the Plague Furnace prayers are great options and a Corruptor can help. You can use both Dreaded and regular Death Frenzy if you want to bring a Warbringer and Grey Seer to make a unit pile-in and attack twice on death

- So long as you have at least an Engineer or Arch-Warlock to buff them with MMMWP\Vigordust\Warpspark then you should be fine to add in whatever else as that's really the only buffing they need

39 minutes ago, Dracan said:

You got me thinking... not in using more clan rats, but meybe i should just let go the idea of stormfiends as i agree id want to play 6 instead of 3. Soo why not double up on some of the other things, so thought about this:

Spoiler

Leaders

Arch-Warlock (160)
Plague Priest on Plague Furnace (200)

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Foetid Blades
- 1x Icon of Pestilence
- 1x Contagion Banner
- 1x Doom Gongs
- 1x Bale Chimes

Behemoths

Endless Spells / Terrain

Double Hellpit increases the threat on the flank the furnace buffs the monks and also gives the BS immunity.
I am not very worried about keeping the clan rats alive tbh as they should be last priority, if someones targeting them, then 40 monks, 2 aboms and 9 jezzails get to kill whatever they want. I am mostly used to playing nurgle and beast who in general have a lot less models (granted summoning, mobility and durability is a factor) but reckon 120 small inf dudes are more than enough for me to be able to hold objectives. 

Personally, I've never done well when I use only 60 Clanrats. My local players do tend to take out Clanrats early on as they know that without them winning games with multiple objectives where # of bodies control them can be harder to deal with when I don't have them around. I like what the Hellpits can do, but that random movement can really be a killer when you need them most.. but I need to test them out more, if anything just for fun. It's pretty well-rounded in every other aspect so you should easily be able to take whole units out per turn with no issues.

All in all, I would definitely give it a shot and I would love to hear back how it went for you. Again, your meta and player level is going to dictate how stuff goes and 2 Hellpits will most definitely be a giant red flag to your opponents as people tend to like to kill large monsters quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dracan said:

*list*

The list is very killy still but still has some problems. Only two heroes  and 3 min units of battleline will make any mission like Places of Arcane Power or Duality of Death very difficult. No bonus command point is also rough. I also think 9 jezzails is an awkward number. Casting More-More-Warp Power on them becomes a liability.

Constructive criticism on the following list would be greatly appreciated:

Leaders
Clawlord (100)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Brutal Fury
Grey Seer (140)
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (220)
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Verminlord Warbringer (280)
- General
- Trait: Verminous Valour 
- Artefact: Things-Bane 

Battleline
40 x Stormvermin (450)
- Halberd
40 x Stormvermin (450)
- Halberd
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear

Endless Spells / Terrain
Bell of Doom (40)
Suffocating Gravetide (20)

Wounds: 155

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hagbean said:

Leaders
Clawlord (100)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Brutal Fury
Grey Seer (140)
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (220)
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Verminlord Warbringer (280)
- General
- Trait: Verminous Valour 
- Artefact: Things-Bane 

Battleline
40 x Stormvermin (450)
- Halberd
40 x Stormvermin (450)
- Halberd
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear

Endless Spells / Terrain
Bell of Doom (40)
Suffocating Gravetide (20)

Wounds: 155

Looks interesting.

Although I’m not sure if 80Stormvermins will do what you really want them to do.

one unit of clanrats that has to protect both units of stormvermins is a hard task for them, while they also are going to try to hold the objective.

If I were you I would maybe drop a unit of them and instead take a unit of clanrats or two and anything else for your backline or flanks.

Just now, Skreech Verminking said:

Looks interesting.

Although I’m not sure if 80Stormvermins will do what you really want them to do.

one unit of clanrats that has to protect both units of stormvermins is a hard task for them, while they also are going to try to hold the objective.

If I were you I would maybe drop a unit of them and instead take a unit of clanrats or two and anything else for your backline or flanks.

This is the response I was dreading, I bought like 100 Stormvermin a few months ago in the hopes of a severe points reduction with the new ghb and am absolutely determined to make them work, not only that but i've also painted up 80 of them.. 

I've had a couple of games and it's confirmed what i've been warned of about them, they're not really that brilliant unless babysat.

I'm going to run this for a few games and see how I get on, any other suggestions on the list?

Just now, Hagbean said:

This is the response I was dreading, I bought like 100 Stormvermin a few months ago in the hopes of a severe points reduction with the new ghb and am absolutely determined to make them work, not only that but i've also painted up 80 of them.. 

I've had a couple of games and it's confirmed what i've been warned of about them, they're not really that brilliant unless babysat.

I'm going to run this for a few games and see how I get on, any other suggestions on the list?

Well good luck then🍀🍀.

Same here I guess.

I have a list that heavily leans into the verminus clans, and well Its a bit harder then trying to kill your enemy with shooting in turn one.

I think going with the verminus clan in total will need strategic movement cunning tricks, and deceiving threads.

it is similar to the beast of chaos army, where their agility lets a charge into combat look so amusingly tasty, that you basically have a hard time resisting that sweet sweet aroma of freshly spilled (not real) blood. 

And than you notice how half of your army basically whiffs, doing no damage.

I think using the Stormvermins efficiently will be a hard task, but should we master it, they will be devastating.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hagbean said:

*list*

I like the list quite a bit, as I do think blocks of 40 stormvermin perform better than anyone expects them to. 

I would drop Things-bane ( I don't remember what it does) for Aetherquartz Brooch, and probably drop Bell and Gravetide for a command point. You have two heroes with good command abilities and the Screaming Bell will only realistically protect one blob of stormvermin (and the Bell-spell is just a bit too unreliable imo). You could also make an argument for dropping the Vortex instead (and the cheeky skitterleap-seer with it), considering you're going to end up catching your own rats in the vortex pretty often and you don't have any shooting attacks to take advantage of the slowing effect. Either way I'd drop the gravetide and fish for triumphs at 1990 or 1980 total.

Edited by danimo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, danimo said:

I like the list quite a bit, as I do think blocks of 40 stormvermin perform better than anyone expects them to. 

I would drop Things-bane ( I don't remember what it does) for Aetherquartz Brooch, and probably drop Bell and Gravetide for a command point. You have two heroes with good command abilities and the Bell will only realistically protect one blob of stormvermin. You could also make an argument for dropping the Vortex instead (and the cheeky skitterleap-seer with it), considering you're going to end up catching your own rats in the vortex pretty often and you don't have any shooting attacks to take advantage of the slowing effect. Either way I'd drop the gravetide and fish for triumphs at 1990 or 1980 total.

Yeah I was debating dropping the bell/grave for a cp as it'll most likely end up being used, this will be something i'll definitely test over the course of a few games. Likewise with the Seer/Vortex, although I feel more adamant about keeping this in, however I haven't even used the combo yet so we'll see how it plays out... 

34 minutes ago, Hagbean said:

Yeah I was debating dropping the bell/grave for a cp as it'll most likely end up being used, this will be something i'll definitely test over the course of a few games. Likewise with the Seer/Vortex, although I feel more adamant about keeping this in, however I haven't even used the combo yet so we'll see how it plays out... 

I use the Vortex-Skitterleap combo but with a Screaming Bell w/ Master of Magic to cast the Leap and Arch-warlock to cast the Vortex.  Casting Vortex from behind their lines rarely happens, where you often find space to leap to is between deployment areas in the center of the board. But against very fast armies that have less drops I often end up just casting the vortex right in front of me.

it would still probably be very good in your list, because its still a crazy spell, but you'll have to be pretty careful about gnawhole placement, where you deploy the vermin and thinking a couple turns ahead when putting down the vortex.

keep in mind that in some missions and matchups skitterleap will be better used early to place the clawlord or verminlord near a forward gnawhole so they can receive 40 rats in the next phase, its still a great spell without the vortex in mind

Hey guys and gals,

I'm looking to remove the monks from this list as I am hating painting them right now! What would you say would be best to add?

Mortal Realm: Hysh

Leaders
Verminlord Warpseer (300)
-
 General
- Trait: Supreme Manipulator 
- Artefact: Aetherquartz Brooch 
Skaven Clawlord on Brood Horror (180)
-
 Artefact: Mirrored Cuirass 
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Verminous Valour
Grey Seer (140)
-
 Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Clawlord (100)
-
 Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Brutal Fury

Battleline
40 x Stormvermin (450)
-
 Halberd & Shield
40 x Clanrats (200)
-
 Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
-
 Rusty Blade

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
-
 Woe-stave
- 1x Icon of Pestilence
- 1x Contagion Banner
- 1x Doom Gongs
- 1x Bale Chimes

Battalions
Claw-horde (180)

Extra Command Points: 2
Wounds: 170

The So I fought to battles today.

My list for the first game, was consisting of:

Clawlord (100)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait : Brutal Fury
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (220):skitter-lip
Verminlord Warbringer (280)
- General
- Command Trait : Brutal Fury
Warlock Bombardier (100)
- Artefact : Vigordust Injector
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism : More-more-more Warp Power!
 UNITS
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Stormvermin (450)
- Halberd & Shield
3 x Stormfiends (260)
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70) ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN Bell of Doom (40)
TOTAL: 1990/2000
EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0
WOUNDS: 179.

My opponent was using stormcast, with well 2 units of 5 bowguys each, 10liberators 2with grandswords, a storm-thing wizard to foot, some guy with grandhammer on those big lizard thingies that can spew out lightning or probably very deadly puke, the suspected karl franz guy, or some phony in shiny army carrying his hammer, the (warpstone painted)  meteor, and around 9 units of three winged storm-things carrying double hammers and grandhammers, he also had some kind of a battaillon that dealt double damage when he rolled a hit roll of 6.

We used the battle for the pass scenario.

which had the worst deployment zone I’ve ever played with my skaven force.

with his Storm-things having finished setting up first he chose me to go first.

knowing how devastating his army could be and afraid of loosing my stormvermins and other units to battleshock, I chose to summon the doom bell, which was stopped with the incantors  unlimited range autodispell.

I then tried to cast dreaded death frenzy, which succeeded, but I sadly had no units wholly within his range. I then succeded with skiterleap teleporting mistakenly my screaming bell to my right flank, to help with battle shock for the soon coming tide of clanrats.

I chose to not to buff my stormfiends, since I was uninterested in loosing one of them directly, after all they were out of range a lot. In my movement phase I ran all units up and teleported one block of 40 clanrats up to my right flank, to gain the control of an objective.

gaining 3victory points.

in my enemy's first turn he cast the meteor down directly into my lines, killing of my very healthy Bombardier, a Storm-fiend, doing 6wounds to my Verminlord, and killing of another 5clanrats.

something I wasn't really happy about but I guess I learn of my mistakes (the meteor only dealt on each of my unit mortal wounds each but did the same at the beginning of the next battle-round, which meant that the stormfiend and my bombardier would have been lost no matter what I would have done.)

he then brought his units down from the sky, which then dealt some heavy damage with his mortal wound shooting attack on my Verminlord and clanrats.

although failing most  of his charges, he was able to get into combat with his 10liberators, which dealt some heavy damage on my clanrats killing of almost 20of them while gaining control of the objective.

With his units of flying storm-things he also gained control of the objective on the right flank

giving him a total of 5victory points in his turn.

thankfully I was able to snatch the mext turn for myself, after having lost so many wounds and very important units/models.

Having lost a good amount of clanrats do to battleshock I chose to try and summon the doom bell, which I failed with a 2.

I then cast mystic shield onto my Stormvermins getting it with an 11.

my screaming bell toll, getting a 3.

he then succeeded casting skitterleap onto my clalword, who teleported towards my right flank, trying to give some support to my stormvermins.

in my movement phase I ran my Screaming bell up 18inches (thanks to the extra move I’ve got)  trying to get as many units as possible into his battle-shock immunity bubble.

My stormvermins moved up and charged the 3 lonely and soon dead-dead flying storm-things and killed them holding the objective.

my turn ended with gaining another 5victory points.

in my opponents turn he succeeded casting his blades of something spell onto one of his bow-units giving them another +1to the wound roll.

He then moved his big guy franz up the board onto my stormvermins.

his guy with the lantern flew to the right flank trying to support Franz on his mission of devastation.

his guy on that lizard-thingie moved up  towards my bell.

in his shooting phase he dealt another 5wounds to my Verminlord with his mortal wound output, and killed of around 7stormvermins with his shooting attack from those bow-guys.

he then charged them with karl franz killing of another 10 of them, while his supporting friend killed another 4of my Stormvermins enabling their fantastic buffs.

on my other flank the clanrats were slowly dropping in numbers through the sheer luck of my opponents damage dealing liberators (I have never seen liberators dealing so mich damage per round)  my bell lost 8wounds through the lizard thingie, something I didn't anticipate would happen, after all he was -1 to hit as well as having a 5+ after save.

his very sneaky winged storm-things on the other hand, who had charged my flamer, killed it of and gained control of the objective in my deployment zone.

his turn ended with gaining another 7victory points for controlling the objective at my backline and on the right-flank.

With my opponent winning the roll of the slaughter of my poor poor very thin lines began again.

which saw my clanrats, Stormvermins, Stormfiends and the bell getting butchered, while him gaining the controll of almost all objective, leaving me at a dead end.

knowing there would be now way for me to win in any way, I chose to surrender, leaving the game with an epic handshake.

so yeah there are a few things I learned, for example how I really have to be carefully with my mistakes, like for exmaple skitter-leaping a screaming bell that shouldn't be able to, having all of my unit so close together that a single meteor can be devastating to my whole line. Loosing almost all of my heavy hitters in the first few turns was a hard lose, still I think that my list can have potential, and instead of having to kill everything at turn one I have to be a bit more adaptable to the situation I will be in when playing them.

So basically meaning, I’ll be playing this list (with maybe a few slight changes in the future)  till I can use it efficiently in any circumstances.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

having all of my unit so close together that a single meteor can be devastating to my whole line

This is something a lot of my local meta is trying learn to not do when playing me. They know I have the Vortex but tend to forget about it and group up accordingly. As someone pointed out awhile back, it can be hard to do when this game more and more forces units\heroes to stay wholly within increasingly shorter ranges of each other for the benefits. The comet is similar enough to the Vortex that I hate playing against it.

Otherwise, great right up man, I think the best counter for us against SC is Skryre\MW's really.

• Thanks 1

Hello there verminkings and queens

I recently decided to start a new army (currently have a complete ironjawz force, and some smaller ~1500pt tzeentch,khorne, troggoth and stormcast forces). And because I've always liked the thanquol and stormfiend models I decided to go for the skaven even though I had an aversion against horde style armies.

I bought a second hand Island of Blood very cheaply and bought some kits from my local gaming store half a week ago and ordered some stuff from GW because as a third party re-seller he doesn't sell the entire range. And as soon as I had put together my now 60 clan-rats it was as if I never had an aversion to hordes in the first place.

What I like most about the skaven is their skryre engineering side, and my least favorite part are the plaguey guys, so I'll not be getting them despite knowing they're very powerful.

I started converting some guys from the island of blood box immediately; I turned the packmaster into a warlock bombardier and the windglobe weapon team into a gatling team using some 40k bits (orks and grey-knights (heresy)). I also got the spiteclaw's swarm to use the hero as a clawlord.

However I also want some warplock jezzails, I currently converted two models from the swarm and I'll probably turn both of them into a single "jezzail team", for the others I'm not certain yet, I was thinking of using some bloodbowl skaven for it since the bracing ones seem excellent for holding shields.
boomboom.png.f52b735dcbe498d75245f3b924963154.png

kretkret.png.1dc2e5ade6ccd4ab07b211a7400bd9bf.png

yesyesyes.png.ec11f0cea1e3e4f56136ea5e538a6114.png

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

A very simple question with a very simple answer, however it requires you to own Thanquol and Boneripper.

What are the exact dimensions of the entire model?

I'm asking as I intend to convert the old Thanquol/Boneripper models onto a large base and want to ensure the dimensions are fair as to avoid any complaints about LoS etc.