5kaven5lave

I have been using the screaming bell at 1,500pts and the battleshock immunity alone has been a huge benefit. It soaks up wounds and the peal of doom is great random fun (i havnt rolled a free verminlord yet but i have got the -1 to enemy hit rolls lots and it is a very nice effect. 

I had a game on Tuesday night, where the Bell rang for -1 for everything to hit in 26".

Opponent dropped in the Stormcast guy with wings who gets stronger as time goes by. It totally fluffed everything because it was swinging at -2 to hit due to Look Out Sir and the ringing. Bell poked him a few times. Jezzails did the last couple damage.

And then a wild Verminlord appeared.

I think the Bell might be awesome. 

I picked up a second Verminlord and made a Corruptor. Probably not the best choice for free summoning. Probably should've made the character one.

• Like 1

@Obeisance I rolled -1 to hit for 2 turns in a row before against a BoC player, which likely won me the game as all of the Bestigors and Gors he deepstuck in did absolutely nothing thanks to it. I managed to get a Verminlord once before, but it was already the end of the game so nothing really happened with it.

I think the Corruptor is still a solid choice without SoJ, but that can depend on your comp. If you're going heavy Verminous\Monks you may want a Warbringer for the other Death Frenzy. I've yet to see a reason to bring Skreech honestly.. the Warpseer + Corruptor + Deceiver combination works too well. That said, if my magic list does get a VL to summon in, I would probably choose Skreech over the Warbringer in that particular scenario.

All in all... yeah, the Bell is pretty great and while I wish it also had Wither, Crack's Call is still pretty decent against Dwarves and the like.

So I’ve been thinking a lot About unexpected list that could be very annoying and maybe even surprisingly good.

well the first list I had in mind is also the list I’ve been using in the last few battles I fight (it is also probably my favorite one):

Heroes:700p

1Verminlord Warbringer:280p(trait: brutal fury; rune blade (artefact of chamon)

1Skaven warlord:100p(trait: Devious adversary)

1Warlock bombardier:100p(more more more warppower)

1Grey seer on Screaming bell:220p(Death-frenzy)

Battle-line:650p

40Stormvermins:450p

40clanrats:200p(one handed weapons&shields)

40clanrats:200p(one handed weapons&shields)

others:400p

3Stormfiends:260p(rattling, wind launchers, and the metal balls)

2 warp fire thrower weapon team:140p

Endless spells:40p

Doom bell:40p

total:1990p

The reason why I really like the list is because it is basically going after the fluff, while having a huge range of tools that can basically deal with hordes, elites, monsters and heroes.

Although what I was thinking of doing, was to maybe swap the warpfire thrower teams for 2rattling guns, and making my bombardier the warlord with overseer of destruction.

The second list I had in mind was something I’ve used in the first edition, around the time when IDK and the daughter of khaine were released.

I was literally frustrated and had no Idea how I would be able to defeat those armies, Well in the end it didn’t matter, since I got sick and was unable to take the list with me to the tournament back then.

well with a bit of improvement to the list this might be an interesting one:

Heroes:300p

1 Verminlord warpseer:300p(trait: master of magic, suspicious stone)

battleline:1200p

6x40clanrats;1200p

others:400p

2x40giant Rats:400p

endless spells:100p

Warightning vortex:100p

so the idea behind this list, is to just hold and control the objective markers with your huge  horde of cheap meatshields.

not really a perfect army to destroy stuff, but they will hold the lines for basically ever, frustrating your foe; who just can’t seem to get rid of the endless swarm of vermin flooding the board.

The third list and probably something for our Stormvermins loving players (including myself), this list might be something in a way interesting.

it has punch but will lack the sustainability, and it will hurt loosing one of this units.

anywyas the list consists of:

heroes:180p

1clawlord on Brood horror:180p(verminous valor, gryph feather charm)

battleline:

4x40Sotmrvermins:1800p

total:1980p

The idea is to block most charges with your clawlord, big base.

the -2to hit him will come in handy, and since he will be able to deal with any wounds he’ll suffer, it’ll be an easy step to keep him alive.

then there are the Stormvermins, a great shock troop that can deal with many foe’s as long. as the unit doesn’t have a +2 rerrolable save, with which they’ll struggle a lot .

this list might be probaly the hardest to manouvre to victory, since it has a few flaws, but knowing you guys and myself, I think you’ll happily enjoy a challenge worthy of your rank.

Anyways what’s your opinion on those list!?

• Like 1

@Skreech Verminking

Cool lists :)

For list #2, I like the vortex but where on earth are you going to place it, given the whole board will be full of your rats? :D Perhaps it could be replaced by a Master Moulder or a Clawlord. I think the list could like some buffs.

For list #1 I'm not so sure about stormfiends in 3s. Instead of the 3 stormfiends, 2 throwers and doombell, what about 2 warp cannons and a warp grinder team to deepstrike the stormvermins and keep them safe meanwhile?

List #3 I think at least one unit of clanrats deserve to be in to take some hits for the stormvermins. E.g. replace 40vermins with 40 clanrats, a screaming bell and an extra command point?

What do you think?

Edited by Num
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Gwendar said:

@Obeisance I rolled -1 to hit for 2 turns in a row before against a BoC player, which likely won me the game as all of the Bestigors and Gors he deepstuck in did absolutely nothing thanks to it. I managed to get a Verminlord once before, but it was already the end of the game so nothing really happened with it.

You mean it can roll something other than +movement as that is the only option I ever seem to get... clearly I'm not ringing the bell hard enough

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Num said:

@Skreech Verminking

Cool lists :)

For list #2, I like the vortex but where on earth are you going to place it, given the whole board will be full of your rats? :D Perhaps it could be replaced by a Master Moulder or a Clawlord. I think the list could like some buffs.

For list #1 I'm not so sure about stormfiends in 3s. Instead of the 3 stormfiends, 2 throwers and doombell, what about 2 warp cannons and a warp grinder team to deepstrike the stormvermins and keep them safe meanwhile?

List #3 I think at least one unit of clanrats deserve to be in to take some hits for the stormvermins. E.g. replace 40vermins with 40 clanrats, a screaming bell and an extra command point?

What do you think?

Thanks for the response, I’ll think about changing a few thing her and there.

19 minutes ago, Darkhan said:

I just noticed something, why take suspicious stone on a warpseer, when you can take Ignax's Scales for a +4 mortal wounds negate?

Ignax's Scales only cares about mortal wounds.

The Suspicious Stone negates both wounds and mortal wounds on a 5+.

What's better; a Warpseer with a 4+ re-rollable armour save, then a 5+ Protection of the Horned Rat, then a 5+ Suspicious Stone? Or a 4+ re-rollable armour save, then a 5+ Protection of the Horned Rat, with a 4+ save against mortal wounds only?

4 minutes ago, robbobobo said:

Ignax's Scales only cares about mortal wounds.

The Suspicious Stone negates both wounds and mortal wounds on a 5+.

What's better; a Warpseer with a 4+ re-rollable armour save, then a 5+ Protection of the Horned Rat, then a 5+ Suspicious Stone? Or a 4+ re-rollable armour save, then a 5+ Protection of the Horned Rat, with a 4+ save against mortal wounds only?

Ahaaaaa! Slipped my mind!

@Skreech Verminking I look at my 100 and think that's enough, I couldn't imagine having that many.. hell, I don't even like moving around the 80-100 or so that I normally try to do...

...I say, as I buy 40 Monks to take my list up to 130 models which is too many for me normally. Been contemplating trying out some of these rimless magnet trays being advertised even though I normally don't see a benefit in movement trays.

9 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

@Skreech Verminking I look at my 100 and think that's enough, I couldn't imagine having that many.. hell, I don't even like moving around the 80-100 or so that I normally try to do...

...I say, as I buy 40 Monks to take my list up to 130 models which is too many for me normally. Been contemplating trying out some of these rimless magnet trays being advertised even though I normally don't see a benefit in movement trays.

Mmh, are you sure you’re not sick, because that is everything a skavenplayer could ever dream to do.

moving thousands of models into the face of your foe, while laughing at his frustrated attempts of removing your 400++ meat-shields.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Haha 1

Hello,

I am sure some variation of this question has been asked many times, but I have been trying to decide which army to try next and have had a last minute pivot to the rat boys in my mind. I have a lower point total tournament coming up and am thinking of playing Skaven Pestilens. I believe this would be a very standard list, but am I missing anything obvious with the below?

Plague Furnace (General: Master of R&R / Liber) = 200

Verminlord Corrupter (Spell: Frenzy) = 280

Plague Monks x 40 (Blades and Staves) = 280

Plague Monks x 20 (Blades) or Plagueclaw [I am not sure which is best, but in the interest of not painting 20 more rats, and using the SC box, probably the Plagueclaw? ;D) = 160

Total = 1200 / 1250 with CP.

Drops = 5, which is usually good enough to choose turn order in lower points games.

So, in a perfect storm (which doesn’t seem too hard to achieve in general with the artefact and trait), if I am correct, on the charge I am looking at 4 attacks @ 3+/3+ and 3 attacks @ 4+/3+ for the first two rows and 3 attacks @ 4+/3+ for the third row, with natural 6s to hit making those attacks -1 rend and natural 6s to wound becoming 2 damage, and also with re-rolling all hits and wounds. Also, 1/6 of deaths will deal a MW back and if the spell has gone off then they also get to attack before they are removed. 

I’m sure this death ball is well known but I am a relatively new player and want in on this filth 😛 I understand the weaknesses, but I am bored of the armies I have been playing and have never tried creating a deathstar in this game. There also isn't enormous amounts of shooting in my local meta. Am I missing anything obvious?

Edited by ByronicHero

39 minutes ago, MeSmashDaNoobs said:

Hello!

Im very interested in making a 1k points list with Clan Moulder.

Can someone give me an input on them, what is good and what is not?

and if you have the time giving me a list that i can work from :)

i see potential in them, i hope you do too!

I'd be tempted to go with:

1 master moulder -100

Packmasters - 60

Giant rats x20 - 120

Giant rats x20 - 120

Rat ogresx6 - 300

Rat ogres x6 - 300

1000 even. 

If the ogres get into combat they are vicious ( 6 will be pumping out 24 attacks on 4(3s when whipped), 3 to wound, -1, 2 damage. They do need to be whipped to boost bravery and screened by the rats.  

Or cut some rat ogres and add a hellpit and more pack masters. 

2 hours ago, ByronicHero said:

I understand the weaknesses, but I am bored of the armies I have been playing and have never tried creating a deathstar in this game.

Well, if that's your goal then yeah, at 1250 you're pretty much there with this build. Plagueclaw really isn't great unless you're packing 3 with the Battalion, and even then your better option would probably be more Monks or something else. I still vouch for them being decent (again, 3 in the Battalion) at dealing with Heroes that like to hide and still be used for hordes.

1 hour ago, MeSmashDaNoobs said:

Hello!

Im very interested in making a 1k points list with Clan Moulder.

Can someone give me an input on them, what is good and what is not?

and if you have the time giving me a list that i can work from :)

i see potential in them, i hope you do too!

@Laststand pretty much has it; with Moulder you'll want some Giant Rat hordes and minimum 6-rat squads of Ogres. At 2k I would look more at 40-rat units of Giant Rats and maybe throw in an HPA or 2 along with the battalion.

3 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

Well, if that's your goal then yeah, at 1250 you're pretty much there with this build. Plagueclaw really isn't great unless you're packing 3 with the Battalion, and even then your better option would probably be more Monks or something else. I still vouch for them being decent (again, 3 in the Battalion) at dealing with Heroes that like to hide and still be used for hordes.

@Laststand pretty much has it; with Moulder you'll want some Giant Rat hordes and minimum 6-rat squads of Ogres. At 2k I would look more at 40-rat units of Giant Rats and maybe throw in an HPA or 2 along with the battalion.

Obviously I would like to win as well, but it is a secondary concern as I could do that far easier with things I know how to play. Thanks for the feedback - I suppose if I am doing 80 rats then doing 100 is not that much of a difference really. I shall have a think. I think there is potential in making an opponent have to take a first turn battleshock test on a 10+ unit if I am forced to go first before they can accrue a CP to pass it automatically. I think most armies would have at least one good target for that. 

3 hours ago, ByronicHero said:

Hello,

I am sure some variation of this question has been asked many times, but I have been trying to decide which army to try next and have had a last minute pivot to the rat boys in my mind. I have a lower point total tournament coming up and am thinking of playing Skaven Pestilens. I believe this would be a very standard list, but am I missing anything obvious with the below?

Plague Furnace (General: Master of R&R / Liber) = 200

Verminlord Corrupter (Spell: Frenzy) = 280

Plague Monks x 20 (Blades) or Plagueclaw [I am not sure which is best, but in the interest of not painting 20 more rats, and using the SC box, probably the Plagueclaw? ;D) = 160

Total = 1200 / 1250 with CP.

Verminlord don't choose spell from the spell lore. 

3 hours ago, Laststand said:

I'd be tempted to go with:

1 master moulder -100

Packmasters - 60

Giant rats x20 - 120

Giant rats x20 - 120

Rat ogresx6 - 300

Rat ogres x6 - 300

1000 even. 

If the ogres get into combat they are vicious ( 6 will be pumping out 24 attacks on 4(3s when whipped), 3 to wound, -1, 2 damage. They do need to be whipped to boost bravery and screened by the rats.  

Or cut some rat ogres and add a hellpit and more pack masters. 

sounds like a nice mix. what about forgeworlds wolf rats, they seem like a good pick? if you would've made a 2k list with moulder, how would you progress from that 1k list?

Hi! 

I would love to hear people's thoughts on this list: 

AW 

40x Clanrats 

40x Clanrats 

1x Doomwheel

40x plauge monks 

1000p (Vanguard list) 

Will one Hero be enough?

How would you tweak the list to improve it? This is just a list I like but i'm not sure how good it is. 

Appritiate all the help! 

Edited by Kimbo

@Kimbo at 1k... eh, probably. I usually only use the AW myself at 1k, at most I throw in a Grey Seer as well. With this setup though, I would be a little more tempted to go with a Grey Seer or Bell for Death Frenzy on the 40 Monks, but the Grey Seer on foot definitely won't be as resilient as the AW. I just think he's a bit wasted as he can only buff up the Doomwheel and the Monks would rather have some help I would think.