5kaven5lave

21 hours ago, Coyote said:

3 Questions about Standard Bearers and Musicians - using Plague Monks as an example.

So, I bring a unit of 20 monks - I also (can) include 1 Standard Bearer - EITHER a Contagion Banner OR a Icon of Pestilence.

ALSO - Same unit may include 1 musician (term from Warhammer Fantasy Battles) - EITHER a Doom Gong or a Bale-chime.

Question - if I go to 40 models - do can I now bring BOTH a Contagion Banner AND an Icon of Pestilence, as well as BOTH a Doom Gong AND a Bale-Chime?

OR Is it that at 40 Models bringing a second Banner and Musician  is irrelevant because they should be the same?

Also, if Models drop below 40 does second banner/musician bonus”go away”?

Finally, if my models drop below 20 - do I lose all bonuses for Standard Bearers, Musicians? 

Follow up - if Clan Rats are below 20 models- do they lose their Standard Bearer and the ability to Retreat and Charge and Bell-Ringer giving +2 to Run?b

Asking for a friend.

Yes, 1 in 20 can be a standard bearer. So you can have 2 in a unit of 40 plague monks.

Same for plague monk musicians.

No, you keep the bonus while ever the standard bearer is in the unit. So make sure you don’t remove them when allocating wounds.

Same for clan rats. Keep your standard bearer/musician where they won’t be removed. Only when you’re less than 10 clanrats do you lose the shield bonus.

Hope that helps 😁

21 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well a heavy skryre list backed up with some magic and verminus battleline, is basically fantastic against any army especially if you want to destroy always attacking first twice ghoulking on big flying dead mouses.

if I were you I’d skip the battalions in total, since they can basically be called worthless, with some pestilence formations as exceptions.

throw out your Stormvermins which are basically just very expensive meathsield and worthless taken in any number unless you go to the limit (40) and even then this guys will die as fast as any other clanrats units something you really don’t want to see of a unit that costs more than most elite units that can deal more damage then them.

The doomwheel is a nifty tool although you might be better of spending those points on something different like jezzails or WPLCannons.

so to answer your questions yes skryre can be competitive, but if your just looking for some casual fun game where both sides don’t really care too much about winning, (like being ok loosing sometimes and winning sometimes), I’d just go with what you’ve got or what you like the most.

How about something like this then?

Thanquol
Arch-Warlock
2x Bombardiers
Greyseer on Bell

3x3 Stormfiends
80 Clanrats (40+20+20)

1 Doomwheel
2 Warplightning Cannons
6 Jezzails

I'll probably never put 3000 points on the table at once, it's more the target number to build a collection to, then cut back on points from there to play 1k/2k point games. Clearly this isn't a "pure" Skryre army, but could be run as such, and is otherwise very Skryre-heavy. I mostly want to make sure I have enough variety to play competitive when I want, but to not have to play the exact same list every time. I'm also a bit wary of painting 120 clanrats, so I'm really curious if 3x20 is adequate, or 1x40 and 2x20, or if more is needed to be competitive.

Thanks again for the help!

Edited by thediceabide

1 hour ago, thediceabide said:

How about something like this then?

Thanquol
Arch-Warlock
2x Bombardiers
Greyseer on Bell

3x3 Stormfiends
3x20 Clanrats

1 Doomwheel
2 Warplightning Cannons
6 Jezzails

I'll probably never put 3000 points on the table at once, it's more the target number to build a collection to, then cut back on points from there to play 1k/2k point games. I mostly want to make sure I have enough variety to play competitive when I want, but to not have to play the exact same list every time. I'm also a bit wary of painting 120 clanrats, so I'm really curious if 3x20 is adequate, or if more is needed to be competitive.

Thanks again for the help!

Looks interesting, might do the trick.

• Like 1

@thediceabide I would agree it's a good way to go currently. We should be getting our FAQ tomorrow which will change things (either in points, warscrolls or both) and that could influence your choices.

Obviously your Clanrats core (I like to run between 80-100 but will dip to 60 if more firepower is needed) will likely always be constant. I love running Thanquol for my magic lists but he doesn't find a place elsewhere due to his cost.

• Like 1

I have a game tomorrow night; this is what I'm playing.

Allegiance: Skaventide
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
- General
- Trait: Master of Magic 
- Artefact: Suspicious Stone 

Grey Seer (120)
- Lore of Ruin: Wither, Plague

Warlock Bombardier (100)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Warp Lightning, More-more-more Warp Power!

Clawlord (100)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Brutal Fury

40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Woe-stave
- 1x Icon of Pestilence and Contagion Banner
- 1x Doom Gongs and Bale Chime
3 x Stormfiends (260)
- Wind Launcher, Ratling Guns, Doomfists
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Warp Lightning Vortex (100)

Total: 1950 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 196

Missing anything? Anything extra I need? General list from a newbie.

21 minutes ago, Obeisance said:

- General

Grey Seer (120)

Warlock Bombardier (100)

Clawlord (100)

40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Woe-stave
3 x Stormfiends (260)

Looks pretty solid I’d say. 

I may change Plauge (spell) for Death Frenzy. Cast them on the 40 rat Plague Monks and they will roll an insane amount of dice over a Battle Round. 

It is a lot of drops, so be prepared for him to decide who gets first turn, and hope for him to take it and move up in range for your stuff :) 

34 minutes ago, Obeisance said:

- General

Grey Seer (120)

Warlock Bombardier (100)

Clawlord (100)

40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Woe-stave
3 x Stormfiends (260)

I've found that a unit of 3 stormfiends is a bit meh. For 260pts you want to be annihilating things but unless you roll really well that wont happen often. You prob need to commit to at least 6 (6d6 shots with rattling guns!) Or just chuck them for something else. 

I actually forgot I could take Death Frenzy. I've been using a combination of Plague and the Warpfire Thrower as swarm clearance. I find I'm going second 99% of the time so I can try to abuse stuff.

And yeah. Stormfiends are kind of expensive. I don't know what I could run instead and have decent firepower. I don't own any Jezzails (waiting on eBay parts). 

I'm open to suggestion? Pair of Rat Ogres and a Doomwheel? Meh.

44 minutes ago, Obeisance said:

I actually forgot I could take Death Frenzy. I've been using a combination of Plague and the Warpfire Thrower as swarm clearance. I find I'm going second 99% of the time so I can try to abuse stuff.

And yeah. Stormfiends are kind of expensive. I don't know what I could run instead and have decent firepower. I don't own any Jezzails (waiting on eBay parts). 

I'm open to suggestion? Pair of Rat Ogres and a Doomwheel? Meh.

I started to write a reply then realised there isnt much point until the FAQ release  which might be as soon as today.

7 minutes ago, Obeisance said:

Yeah, I wish they'd drop it already. People kept talking about "Saturday" and "the weekend." It's currently Monday.

Well I am rather hoping that Gw is keeping their promise of trooping it early July, which is more or less over next week, meaning today would be probably the last possible day to keep calling it a early drop.

Normally I found it is on a weekend, but it seems past FAQs have been Mondays, so we'll see. As for your other questions @Obeisance I would echo what others have said and if you take Stormfiends, take them in at least a unit of 6 with a shooting configuration (not warpfire) and buff them with MMMWP. If you're going for jezzails that's great, always run at least 6. I don't think you need that much horde clearing against Seraphon. Most are taking units of 10 skinks, not giant hordes of anything.

Anyway, I would agree in just waiting on the FAQ.

Warpseer point increase is negated by the Battalion decrease in my 2k Skryre list 🤗

Somewhat of a correction for Stormvermin too. Is 450 for 40 still too much?  

WLV changed to the first model being wholly within 13" of the caster. People were Skitterleaping things forward anyway to cast it right?

Also no mention of Gnawholes...?

Edited by KingOfSuede

2 minutes ago, KingOfSuede said:

Warpseer point increase is negated by the Battalion decrease in my 2k Skryre list 🤗

Somewhat of a correction for Stormvermin too. Is 450 for 40 still too much?  

Also no mention of Gnawholes...?

The first GHB FAQ resolved setting up Gnawholes, they removed the requirement to be 6” away from the edge, now it’s only not within 3” of an objective or 1” of other terrain. 

• Like 1