5kaven5lave

1 hour ago, BroccoliBoy said:

I would be very careful with this one, I have never been to a tournament that would just be ok with you being 20 points over and if you turned up to my tournament 20 points over you'd have to remove a unit or would be disqualified.

In friendly game if your testing something I'd be very dubious of this too, as a lot of people are practising for tournaments, and I'd definitely be prepared to drop those 20 points.

Got it.

I think we can just call it with that.

everybody has there own opinions about 20points over the limit.

best thing to do is just write to your friend or organizer that it is a bit difficult for you to change the list to exactly or under the limit and if it might be ok like it is.

if he agrees great if he doesn’t well good luck  finding a new list.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

28 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Got it.

I think we can just call it with that.

everybody has there own opinions about 20points over the limit.

best thing to do is just write to your friend or organizer that it is a bit difficult for you to change the list to exactly or under the limit and if it might be ok like it is.

if he agrees great if he doesn’t well good luck  finding a new list.

Very true. I have a set of weighted dice and as I don't have any other kind good luck playing a game of AoS without dice, right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No organiser would willingly allow this as to do so undermines the integrity of the event. If a pack says 1000 or 2000 points that the limit - you don’t have any mandate to break that. I wouldn’t want any new player to read this and think this is ok in organised match - it is not.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

57 minutes ago, Marc Wilson said:

No organiser would willingly allow this as to do so undermines the integrity of the event. If a pack says 1000 or 2000 points that the limit - you don’t have any mandate to break that. I wouldn’t want any new player to read this and think this is ok in organised match - it is not.

It’s funny I for one am a veteran (or at least I believe to be one) and there still are new things to learn every day.

for example the fact that. I played halve of my games wrong because I thought that 10-20points over the limit wasn’t really a problem, well lesson learn’t.

anyways is there any chance we could go back to plotting and scheming a plan against every other faction and not against our selves? (Not that it is possible as I know my own faction)

edit: but I have a feeling that all of this was just plotted by the infamous Skarsnik.

I can see his smug green face laughing at me.

one of many reason we should leave the mistakes I made behind.

Yes-yes it is time to plot-sheme other plans.

Looking for some C&C on this list please :)

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Clawlord (100)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Verminous Valour
Grey Seer (120)
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (200)
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
- General
- Trait: Master of Magic 
- Artefact: Suspicious Stone 
Warlock Bombardier (100)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
5 x Gutter Runners (60)
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades
- 1x Icon of Pestilence
- 1x Contagion Banner
- 1x Doom Gongs
- 1x Bale Chimes
6 x Warplock Jezzails (280)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Soulsnare Shackles (20)
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 197

Looking for critique on some lists that i've come up with;

Verminus:
Leaders
- General
- Artefact: Skavenbrew 
Clawlord (100)
- Artefact: Shield of Distraction 
Clawlord (100)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Brutal Fury

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Stormvermin (500)
- Halberd
40 x Stormvermin (500)
- Halberd
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade

Battalions
Claw-horde (180)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 183

Moulder:
Leaders
Master Moulder (100)
- General
- Trait: Verminous Valour 
Master Moulder (100)
- Artefact: Foulhide 
Master Moulder (100)
- Artefact: Rabid Crown 

Battleline
40 x Giant Rats (200)
6 x Rat Ogors (300)
40 x Giant Rats (200)
40 x Giant Rats (200)
6 x Rat Ogors (300)

Units
3 x Packmasters (60)
3 x Packmasters (60)

Behemoths
Hell Pit Abomination (220)

Battalions
Fleshmeld Menagerie (160)

Wounds: 207

Skryre:

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Trait: Overseer of Destruction 
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector 
Warlock Engineer (100)
Warlock Engineer (100)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear

Units
1 x Ratling Gun (80)
1 x Ratling Gun (80)
1 x Ratling Gun (80)
1 x Ratling Gun (80)

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
Doomwheel (160)
Doomwheel (160)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Wounds: 180

Looking for solid criticism on all lists, pros/cons etc. Have an awful lot of models ontop of the ones posted so any suggestions are welcomed.

• Like 1

Good old Squigslayer Grootos is back baby!561EA85B-B822-46CF-8AC2-25CC98CD1699.jpeg.b1e01c399b4fe3d3e7ea848e87df7084.jpeg836BB12A-C5A5-4A00-B4CA-2B5EC706B99E.jpeg.d798d888340a8907c721d2a28b7c93bb.jpeg

1 hour ago, Hagbean said:

Looking for critique on some lists that i've come up with;

Verminus:
Leaders
- General
- Artefact: Skavenbrew 
Clawlord (100)
- Artefact: Shield of Distraction 
Clawlord (100)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Brutal Fury

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Stormvermin (500)
- Halberd
40 x Stormvermin (500)
- Halberd
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade

Battalions
Claw-horde (180)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Wounds: 183

Moulder:
Leaders
Master Moulder (100)
- General
- Trait: Verminous Valour 
Master Moulder (100)
- Artefact: Foulhide 
Master Moulder (100)
- Artefact: Rabid Crown 

Battleline
40 x Giant Rats (200)
6 x Rat Ogors (300)
40 x Giant Rats (200)
40 x Giant Rats (200)
6 x Rat Ogors (300)

Units
3 x Packmasters (60)
3 x Packmasters (60)

Behemoths
Hell Pit Abomination (220)

Battalions
Fleshmeld Menagerie (160)

Wounds: 207

Skryre:

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Trait: Overseer of Destruction 
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector 
Warlock Engineer (100)
Warlock Engineer (100)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear

Units
1 x Ratling Gun (80)
1 x Ratling Gun (80)
1 x Ratling Gun (80)
1 x Ratling Gun (80)

War Machines
Doomwheel (160)
Doomwheel (160)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Wounds: 180

Looking for solid criticism on all lists, pros/cons etc. Have an awful lot of models ontop of the ones posted so any suggestions are welcomed.

I actually like all of those list, especially the first one.

still the most efficient one of this in killing,  seems to be your skryre heavy list.

the problem I’m seeing in your heavy verminus list is basically the battaillon, which cost a fortune and is more useless than it actually looks. 3drops is t bad, but when facing against an army like Fec, I have trouble seeing a possibility I’m facing this guys without getting killed before you can attack back.

still I might be wrong and you’re talent in micromanaging is amazing, or there’s something I’m not seeing😉.

the second list has more or less the same problem as mentioned above.

although it could do potentially great against other horde army’s.

you third list seems to be quit interesting.

although lacking the possibility of protecting your weapon teams from missile weapons, this army will probably deal a ton of damage if rightfully used.

Warplightning cannons is a efficient way of forcing your enemy’s to either hide his heroes far away or charge recklessly into the front.

its not only great for dealing damage but also a rather good choice for psychological warfare.

the only problem I’m seeing in this list is the lack of ignoring battleshock.

still seeing how you have 40p left it shouldn’t be a struggle to take the bell of doom endless spell.

quit cheap and most enemy’s won’t really see it as a thread, until it’s to late,

Yes-yes 

Hey guys, how do you deal with heavy shooting armies? I've found plague monks and acolytes die out soon by some good shootings and their damage drops significantly when the model counts drop. Since we don't get to summon new rat, that could be a problem.

4 hours ago, frostfire said:

Hey guys, how do you deal with heavy shooting armies? I've found plague monks and acolytes die out soon by some good shootings and their damage drops significantly when the model counts drop. Since we don't get to summon new rat, that could be a problem.

As i see it heavy shooting doesnt put out enough damage in the furrent meta to be q threat. Outside of maaaaybe skaven. 

16 hours ago, Hagbean said:

i've come up with;

For the verminus one I'd take a warbinger and a greyseer with death frenzy. I'd get the point by swaping out atleast one stormveemin unit with clanrats. Generally clan rats are better than storm vermin. 

The skyre list doesn't seem to have a good target for the vigor dust injector outside of just the clanrats. 

Moulder i can't comment as i havent messed with them at all 

So after having learned out of my mistake (thanks to all of you wonderful, very trustworthy skavenplayers (really meant in a positive way and not ironically) I’ll be playing a small game of aos today against a good friend of mine.

I myself will be using:

heroes:200p

New Skaa (clawlord):100p(powerful, or savage overlord (not sure yet probaly the first one))

Grootos squigslayer(master moulder):100p(General; moulder supreme, and rabid crown)

battleline:480p

40Clanrats:200p

Red guard (20 Stormvermins):280p

others:270p

The thing-crushers(4rat ogres):200p

the squigburner(warpflamer):70p

total:950p

CP:1

It’s nothing special and I’m not intending in winning the game.

its more meant for a good time and well playing after a certain fluff.

although I’m still hoping that you guys will enjoy the battle report tomorrow, when I had the chance to write it down.

12 hours ago, frostfire said:

Those are like out of phase melee attacks and aren't all that great if you ask me. Like the flayers have to be in combat to not get a penalty to thier roll. 

I'd say skyre is maybe the most as risk from real shooting which is stuff like kunin rook or  KO arkanaunt companys with buffed sky hooks.  Or well skyre with warp lightning cannons, jazzels, and  acolytes.

Good shooting in my book is long ranged with high damage and good character sniping power.  Otherwise they are a melee threat that our good melee units can deal with, and aren't really much different that a melee threat that are stronger melee units can deal with and our rat trap and general hold at bay. 

6 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

So after having learned out of my mistake (thanks to all of you wonderful, very trustworthy skavenplayers (really meant in a positive way and not ironically) I’ll be playing a small game of aos today against a good friend of mine.

I myself will be using:

heroes:200p

New Skaa (clawlord):100p(powerful, or savage overlord (not sure yet probaly the first one))

Grootos squigslayer(master moulder):100p(General; moulder supreme, and rabid crown)

battleline:480p

40Clanrats:200p

Red guard (20 Stormvermins):280p

others:270p

The thing-crushers(4rat ogres):200p

the squigburner(warpflamer):70p

total:950p

CP:1

It’s nothing special and I’m not intending in winning the game.

its more meant for a good time and well playing after a certain fluff.

although I’m still hoping that you guys will enjoy the battle report tomorrow, when I had the chance to write it down.

At the point the most skaven thing for me to do is to play against you, and when we get at the table say "You don't mind if i'm at 1020pts, yes-yes??" LMAO!!!

ANyway i think the list pretty fun.  If you dropped the storm vermin to 10 a greyseer with death frenzy would really up the killy stabby

40 minutes ago, Cullen rothery said:

4 screaming bells

from FAQ: 
Q: If I roll the ‘A Stirring Beyond the Veil’ result on the Peal of Doom table for a Grey Seer on Screaming Bell, does this stop any other Screaming Bells from summoning a Verminlord if they roll the same result?

A: No, it only applies to the model that the roll was being made for.

1 hour ago, mmimzie said:

1)At the point the most skaven thing for me to do is to play against you, and when we get at the table say "You don't mind if i'm at 1020pts, yes-yes??" LMAO!!!

2)ANyway i think the list pretty fun.  If you dropped the storm vermin to 10 a greyseer with death frenzy would really up the killy stabby

1) thanks still I think I’ll just go under or exactly the point limits.

afterall I do like  taking part in events and tournaments.

(Still thanks for clarifying the rules,😅 even a veteran like me sometimes can make mistake)

2)dunno, I like the idea, although the game just went down twice (lost rather quickly in the first game😂)

From this video, we can see the Clawlord on Brood Horror going up to 180 pts, and Warpgnawl Verminlord at 320 pts. For the other Skaventide change we gonna wait untill july in the FAQ/Errata.
Endless spell from malign sorcery going up a lots too.
Shackle 40
Pendulum 50
Cogs 80 
Geminid 60 
Portal 70
Quicksilver sword 30

Really hoping we get points changes to nerf plague monks & buff storm vermin. I believe a sweet spot exist where a all pestilence list can still be really good, but also a spot where stormvermin in mixed skaven/pure verminous can also still do really well. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

Really hoping we get points changes to nerf plague monks & buff storm vermin. I believe a sweet spot exist where a all pestilence list can still be really good, but also a spot where stormvermin in mixed skaven/pure verminous can also still do really well. 

I suspect monks will go to 80pts but wouldnt be surprised by 90 pts. Warpseer will def go up (maybe to 300pts). 

Not sure what they could do to stormvermin to make them a viable option. At 10-20 models they dont get the bonus or loose it almost instantly so you need min 30. Thats awkward as they sell in boxes of 20. They might drop the points but take away the horde discount or give them +1 attack on the charge like bestigors. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Saodexan said:

Endless spell from malign sorcery going up a lots too.
Shackle 40
Pendulum 50
Geminid 60 
Portal 70

Well, there goes my Verminlord\Heavy spell list. I suspect the Warpseer will likely go up to at least 300, maybe the others will go down but.. I dunno.

I'll still be able to play with that list but.. these increases make the spell-spamming idea behind it pretty moot and I will likely have to drop my 100 Clanrats down to the minimum 60, and that's a best case scenario I imagine.

Edited by Gwendar

Where's the freakouts for the new rules for faction terrain making Gnawholes unusable as written? Gnawholes in the Codex have to be set up wholly within 8" of the edge, new GHB says faction terrain must be set up 6" away from the edge and any other terrain or objective. If you can't meet the requirements, you can't place the terrain. 🤷🤷

Just jumping on the commotion train. I'm sure this'll be addressed in the July update alongside the point changes 😏

59 minutes ago, KingOfSuede said:

Where's the freakouts for the new rules for faction terrain making Gnawholes unusable as written? Gnawholes in the Codex have to be set up wholly within 8" of the edge, new GHB says faction terrain must be set up 6" away from the edge and any other terrain or objective. If you can't meet the requirements, you can't place the terrain. 🤷🤷

Just jumping on the commotion train. I'm sure this'll be addressed in the July update alongside the point changes 😏

You can always play them on the side and call them stargate 🤣

image.png.decbe2cf0a5b4141c6a48b07987d31b1.png

Edited by Saodexan
  • Haha 2

As obsessive as I am with the points changes, and I am obsessive, still waiting for other shoe to show itself for the Skaven (and BoK) points adjustments if any.

Also, still waiting to find out if I need to rebase my Skrye acolytes back to 25mm bases, from 32mm , from 25mm originally....