5kaven5lave

In my efforts to collect em' all, Ive begun pursuing rat ogres, but it seems they're tough to come by. Island of Blood Ogres is ideal but generally way above my price point. As an alternative, I've begun brainstorming to kitbash some rat ogre heads onto something else. 

I'm in need of suggestions for other models to make me some rat ogre boyz. Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

In my efforts to collect em' all, Ive begun pursuing rat ogres, but it seems they're tough to come by. Island of Blood Ogres is ideal but generally way above my price point. As an alternative, I've begun brainstorming to kitbash some rat ogre heads onto something else. 

I'm in need of suggestions for other models to make me some rat ogre boyz. Any thoughts?

From google, you got things like minotaurs, chaos spawn, trolls, even stormfiends with less weapons

ratogre1-1.jpg

wip-ratogre2.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

Well there’s a skavenplayer who uses unarmored Stormfiends as rat ogres.

another solution would be to take the ratogre from the screaming bell set and kitbash it with a few different bitz

No tourney this month thanks to a local escalation league (where I'm playing FeC) but I think next month the goal is to have another VL painted up to give this a run:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Skaventide
Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
- General
- Trait: Master of Magic 
Verminlord Corruptor (260)
- Artefact: Sword of Judgement 
Verminlord Deceiver (300)
Thanquol on Boneripper (400)
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Endless Spells
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)
Umbral Spellportal (60)
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 149

Wary about not starting with a CP, but I think most players are going to be focusing on the VL's\Thanquol rather than target the Clanrats on objectives. Curious to see how it goes.. probably not ultra competitive but it would be fun. Then again, Dan's list going 2nd (albeit it had Screech + a Grey Seer) at BOBO shows some value to this style I suppose. I think this has a good amount of complexity to it when it comes to "order-of-operations" which is a big reason I've wanted to give it a try as there's a lot of careful placement to be had.

After all, I have to get some use out of Thanquol to justify his paint job and overall purchase.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Gwendar said:

No tourney this month thanks to a local escalation league (where I'm playing FeC) but I think next month the goal is to have another VL painted up to give this a run:

Hide contents

Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Master of Magic 
Verminlord Corruptor (260)
- Artefact: Sword of Judgement 
Verminlord Deceiver (300)
Thanquol on Boneripper (400)
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Endless Spells
Soulsnare Shackles (20)
Umbral Spellportal (60)
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

Wounds: 149

Wary about not starting with a CP, but I think most players are going to be focusing on the VL's\Thanquol rather than target the Clanrats on objectives. Curious to see how it goes.. probably not ultra competitive but it would be fun. Then again, Dan's list going 2nd (albeit it had Screech + a Grey Seer) at BOBO shows some value to this style I suppose. I think this has a good amount of complexity to it when it comes to "order-of-operations" which is a big reason I've wanted to give it a try as there's a lot of careful placement to be had.

After all, I have to get some use out of Thanquol to justify his paint job and overall purchase.

Out of curiosity, why not putting the sword of judgement on the Deceiver instead, cause of his teleport ability, making it super easy to..as I'm typing this I just realised he can just teleport the corruptor instead😂 

I'm trying out a Deceiver with the sword,  would without a doubt put it on the corruptor if running 3 lords.

1 hour ago, Darkhan said:

Out of curiosity, why not putting the sword of judgement on the Deceiver instead, cause of his teleport ability, making it super easy to..as I'm typing this I just realised he can just teleport the corruptor instead😂 

I'm trying out a Deceiver with the sword,  would without a doubt put it on the corruptor if running 3 lords.

Because the Corrupter gets far more attacks which is great with the SoJ and the Deceiver...well it looks like you figured out the rest.

The Deceivers average damage output is abysmal quite frankly, even if you count the shooting. The Corrupter is capable of more and Skitterleaping him into range of a high value Hero\Monster will likely also put him in range to get off Dreaded Plague (assuming he doesn't use the Spell Portal beforehand) on a nearby unit. The objective is for the Corrupter to cause as much havoc as possible and if he lives, great.. he can then be Skitterleaped elsewhere if needed next turn. If not then the Deceiver can step in as a pseudo-assassin type hero and still has the Skitterleap utility to use elsewhere.. which is the great thing of having 2 SKitterleaps available to use in conjunction with Gnawhole teleportation.

• Like 1

Hey guys! I might run a list like the one below. Am I fine going with screaming bell, or should I rather go for plague furnace? As it is, the list basically has vanilla unbuffed plaguemonks. Not sure it that damage output is sufficient?

Also, how do I hide text, like in the above posts? :)

Leaders
Clawlord (100)
Grey Seer (120)
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (200)
Warlock Bombardier (100)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades

War Machines
Doomwheel (160)
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Endless Spells

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 196

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gronnelg said:

Hey guys! I might run a list like the one below. Am I fine going with screaming bell, or should I rather go for plague furnace? As it is, the list basically has vanilla unbuffed plaguemonks. Not sure it that damage output is sufficient?

Also, how do I hide text, like in the above posts? :)

Leaders
Clawlord (100)
Grey Seer (120)
Warlock Bombardier (100)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades

War Machines
Doomwheel (160)
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Endless Spells

Total: 1980 / 2000
Wounds: 196

The Screaming Bell is just fine here. The unbreakable bubble it great no matter what its around, plus having another two casts/dispels is always useful. The Plague Furnace is would have be exclusively be pushed around by the Plague Monks to not hurt your non-Pestilens units, if you care about the Clanrats that its. If they're equipped with Woe Staves and Foetid Blades you're getting lots of dice rolls on the charge without any buffs considering they are in a block of 40.

• Like 1

@robbobobo You know I've been toying with the idea of taking advantage of the Gnawholes +1 prayer rolls in a mixed list like yours. As a 2 part combo whatchya think of adding a priest instead of the furnace (although I would take it anyways if I needed some epic mortal wounds to the face output)? You can pray your heart out onto your plague monks before sending them through a Gnawhole to cause havoc. Meanwhile you can stick to the masters of magic shtick . 

I'll experiment for the both of us *scurries away*

4 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

@robbobobo You know I've been toying with the idea of taking advantage of the Gnawholes +1 prayer rolls in a mixed list like yours. As a 2 part combo whatchya think of adding a priest instead of the furnace (although I would take it anyways if I needed some epic mortal wounds to the face output)? You can pray your heart out onto your plague monks before sending them through a Gnawhole to cause havoc. Meanwhile you can stick to the masters of magic shtick . 

I wouldn't take a Plague Priest solely for the extra MW output, there are better options if you put aside points for it.  For 80pts you're putting the PP where it doesn't want to be; close to the action. He's better off behind the Plague Monks. They also have different prayers and only the Plague Furnace's prayers buff Clan Pestilens rats. While you can send them through the Gnawhole, they're better off running down the field with the PF (who else is going to push it?) so it can continue to provide buffs, it's own MW passive and keep them in it's unbreakable bubble. If you want to throw artifacts around give it the Liber Bubonicus to ensure you never have to pick between Rabid-Rabid! and Filth-Filth!

I'd take this with a grain of salt since my  knowledge comes second hand from consecutive whippings at the hands of a very accomplished Pestilens player.

Been thinking about doing an eshin army and came up with one I think I like the look of:

Verminlord Deciever 
General, Shadow master (hidey near terrain one)

Vermin lord warpseer

Deathmaster
The cube of mists (pick a unit, that unit cant pile in this turn)

Deathmaster
Betrayers Crown (one use, at start of combat pick a unit. Roll a die for each model on a 5+ 1MW)

x40 Night Runners
x40 Night Runners
x40 Night Runners
x5 Gutter Runners
x5 Gutter Runners
x5 Gutter Runners

Slinktail talon

Chromatic Cogs

Realm: Uglu

Main plan would be charge forward as quickly as possible an inflict as much damage as it can. If cogs go off on average the night runners should be able to get forward 16" on average, throw a lot of stars, then charge. The assassins can stop a counter attack from one big scary enemy, and severely hurt another large one.  Deceiver makes re-rolls to wound and shoot to help with the damage output on both fronts, and the formation adding in the re-rolls to hit would give the night runner 3+ to wound and hit re-rolling both.  Then Warpseer is their to do what warpseers do well basically.

Probably will give the death masters weeping blades just to help with cracking amour a little, although I was tempted to give one sword of judgement and fighting claws, not quite plague reapers but 7 attacks re-rolling hits could make it quite nice hero killer. 

Also on a side note anyone know of a good way to make night runner easily out of the clanrat models?

Really liking the options with all the tricks that can be played now with Eshin. All the unit that can be are in the battalion, leaving me with 2 drops. Not sure which death master will be part of the yet.

Edited by AliKing

2 minutes ago, gronnelg said:

@AliKingSo this list will basically play the alfastrike game then? Should be interesting! And 2 drops as Skaven... Nice! :D

yeah I guess it would, hadn't thought about in my head that way.

I know 2 drops skaven! I have never played an army with less than 12 before. Never got to choose who get first turn, never used a battalion either, its would be all new and exciting for me :D

Just not sure I want to invest in another 100 monkey rat night runners or spend time finding a way to convert them being the main problem with the list at the moment.

@AliKingHaha! Yeah another 100 monkeys.... Just proxy them for the time being? Would be fun to try a Skaven alfastrike. And with 2 drops you should be able to choose to go fist against most list, except Sylvaneth. And FEC I guess... I think you'll probably have a hard time if you don't get the alfastrike off though (e.g. I the opponent place the army way back).
We totally need that battle report when the time comes :)

5 minutes ago, gronnelg said:

@AliKingHaha! Yeah another 100 monkeys.... Just proxy them for the time being? Would be fun to try a Skaven alfastrike. And with 2 drops you should be able to choose to go fist against most list, except Sylvaneth. And FEC I guess... I think you'll probably have a hard time if you don't get the alfastrike off though (e.g. I the opponent place the army way back).
We totally need that battle report when the time comes :)

Yeah gonna proxy them for the first couple of games before I take any plunge, but thinking I may be able to make the slings quite easily with just strip of green stuff folded other instead of the shield for a clanrat.

If the opponent deploys way back I guess you would just give them 1st turn to be honest, if you cant get to them the really should not be able to get to you. have been trying to work out the stats and likely hood of getting a first turn charge off though. Average space apart is usually 18-24", sneaky infiltrators closes the gap on average to 11-17", normal move drops that to 4-10", Cogs 2-8". Average charge would be 9" with cogs. So should be able to make it on average... with many, many variables obviously 😛

Is there anything we have access to that can enable you to run and charge with the nightrunners? 

And yeah promise if I get it on the tabletop soon I will report back with the tales of victory (or how my minions undermined my fullproof plan)

7 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

Sceptical about the value of putting monks through gnawholes. wholly within 6" is very restrictive for a block of 40.  In games where you are able to have gnawholes in an 'objective relevant' position, your opponent will often be able to block them if necessary.

So getting back into AOS and after playing the newest DLC for totalwar warhammer 2, I have the need to shoot-shoot-kill-kill everything and or blast it with magic after reading through many-many post I've come up with this list for my glorious return too AOS that isn't using my wife BoK..... I'm not sure about 2 bells but I like redundancy......

Leaders
- General
- Artefact: Suspicious Stone 
- Lore of Ruin: Plague
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Clawlord (100)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Savage Overlord
Arch-Warlock (160)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
9 x Warplock Jezzails (420)

Endless Spells
Aethervoid Pendulum (40)

Wounds: 167

Question: How does Thanquol's "Madness" spell interact with heroes with randomly generated attack characteristics (i.e. 2d6 for example)? The spell in question rolls dice based on the number of total attacks the target has. I couldn't gleam a clear answer out of the core rules. The only mention of it concerns generating a random 'attack characteristic' at the top of the combat phase, and only until the end of the combat phase. 

Is there an FAQ for another faction that would be helpful?

4 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

Question: How does Thanquol's "Madness" spell interact with heroes with randomly generated attack characteristics (i.e. 2d6 for example)? The spell in question rolls dice based on the number of total attacks the target has. I couldn't gleam a clear answer out of the core rules. The only mention of it concerns generating a random 'attack characteristic' at the top of the combat phase, and only until the end of the combat phase. 

Is there an FAQ for another faction that would be helpful?

You just roll the number of attack and do the effect or apply the mod after. The Ratling Gun FAQ in the skaventide battletome can be helpful, how do you double the number of attack if he have 2d6? You roll 2d6 first then you double the result. Same logic with Madness, you roll first then use the result in the spell. Everytime you need a number or a value from a random movement, random attack or any random characteristics, you just need to roll first then use the result.

Edited by Saodexan

8 minutes ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

More-More questions: I can still skitterleap a wizard thats on top of a balewind, but does the balewind go with them? They are considered to be one model so long as both models remain on the table (as per the balewind's warscroll). Is this skaven cheaty mccheat-face tactics or a bunch of baloney?

Cheaty  mccheat-Face!

You really know how to praise a skavenplayer😂

@Saodexan  the warscroll for the rattling gunner does specify when to create the characteristic, which is in line with the core rules concerning generating attacks. However, I don't believe this directly addresses interacting with an opponents characteristic while also not in a combat related phase. I willing to bet your correct about the intention of the spell, rolling for it as the spell resolves,  but I also need some clarification for my playgroup's sake.