5kaven5lave

3 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I think you’ll do fine. Just two thoughts. Not necessarily better but something to think about 

1. You might find controlling objectives hard with so little bodies. You might want to bring one squad of giant rats  for that purpose

2. Then you have everything for the moulder battalion. Might be worth it for the better ‘more more beasts and command point. Also makes you a 3 drop army for what it’s worth  

but dropping 6 ratogres for the giant rats still leaves you 60pts short for the battalion. 🤔

i was thinking of trying to get the battalion in, but as it is i can send the army out in three balanced packs with ogres supporting elites/ monsters backed up with pack masters,  each would have buffs and horde clearing abilities for the objectives,  but it would have to be at the cost of bringing a pack back at 5+ rather then 4+

i could get the extra 60 pts from dropping a packmaster but then the balance on the three groups would drop again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cullen rothery said:

i was thinking of trying to get the battalion in, but as it is i can send the army out in three balanced packs with ogres supporting elites/ monsters backed up with pack masters,  each would have buffs and horde clearing abilities for the objectives,  but it would have to be at the cost of bringing a pack back at 5+ rather then 4+

i could get the extra 60 pts from dropping a packmaster but then the balance on the three groups would drop again

Good points. Hmm I’ll gave a think. 

43 minutes ago, Luca said:

Hello guis,please help me.

My friend play stormcast eternal and always target my wepaon teams with  judicators.  any suggest for protect them agains ranged weapons?

Keep them from line of sight and if that doesn’t work, well then use them as meatshields, better they die, then your hero’s and elite units like Stormfiends etc.

1 hour ago, Luca said:

My friend play stormcast eternal and always target my wepaon teams with  judicators.  any suggest for protect them agains ranged weapons?

Use cover well or hide them behind a larger not as expensive unit like rat ogres

Other option is keep them well back and once fight starts pop them through a gnawhole to flank with them

3 hours ago, Luca said:

You might also consider running the primatic pallisade to give them a little extra protection. 

I've been playing Skaven since the new book came out with 80 clan rats, 40 stormvermin, 3 warp lightning cannons, a grey seer on bell, two engineers, and an arch warlock. The clan rats and warp lightning cannons do a lot of work, but I'm not sure about the Stormvermin. They absolutely rip and tear but at 500 points, yeesh.

I experimented with 40 plague monks last night in a 750 point escalation league game and am blown away, so now I'm thinking of going 3x20 clanrats and 2x40 plague monks, with a furnace to replace the bell.

Should I be concerned about plague monks or the furnace getting a nerf in the new GHB? Monks seem incredibly strong for their point costs and I cannot believe how much damage they put out.

1 hour ago, Sovereign said:

I've been playing Skaven since the new book came out with 80 clan rats, 40 stormvermin, 3 warp lightning cannons, a grey seer on bell, two engineers, and an arch warlock. The clan rats and warp lightning cannons do a lot of work, but I'm not sure about the Stormvermin. They absolutely rip and tear but at 500 points, yeesh.

I experimented with 40 plague monks last night in a 750 point escalation league game and am blown away, so now I'm thinking of going 3x20 clanrats and 2x40 plague monks, with a furnace to replace the bell.

Should I be concerned about plague monks or the furnace getting a nerf in the new GHB? Monks seem incredibly strong for their point costs and I cannot believe how much damage they put out.

It's disappointing that stormvermin didn't get points cost changes in the battletome. Plague Monks are so good even without buffs due to how cheap they are.  I can definitely see them being nerfed in GHB, but I think the plague furnace will be untouched. I'm thinking Monks will go up to 80-90 pts, and stormvermin down to 120.

3 hours ago, Coyote said:

Stormvermin Points cost  in book is a misprint - prove me wrong 😉

It is and has been a misprint for the last 3years.

2 hours ago, Skavelynn said:

It's disappointing that stormvermin didn't get points cost changes in the battletome. Plague Monks are so good even without buffs due to how cheap they are.  I can definitely see them being nerfed in GHB, but I think the plague furnace will be untouched. I'm thinking Monks will go up to 80-90 pts, and stormvermin down to 120.

I’m hoping so so much that the cost of Stormvermins will drop to 120.

its something I beg Gw every single time when a new ghb came out.

as for Plague monks and the warpseer,

we  might see a slight point increase for this units.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

9 hours ago, Luca said:

Do you play with enough terrain? Hide them is a option one. 

If that's not possible because he teleports them on his turn, use them as bait. So make sure he needs to put them in a spot you can take him out. If you spread out your weapon teams and he can only take out one but you take out his Judicators. That's trading a 80pts weapon team (that could blow itself up next turn anyway ;) ) for at least 160pts of Judicators.

44 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Do you play with enough terrain? Hide them is a option one. 

If that's not possible because he teleports them on his turn, use them as bait. So make sure he needs to put them in a spot you can take him out. If you spread out your weapon teams and he can only take out one but you take out his Judicators. That's trading a 80pts weapon team (that could blow itself up next turn anyway ;) ) for at least 160pts of Judicators.

Yep just like @Kramer said use them as bait, it’s one of those low cunning tactics we are able to use.

and if you really want to keep them alive, take something big with you, something your friend-foe fear-fears most.

a hell pit abomination will do the trick hier.

yes it’s a bit expensive for 220p just for dying but , should it survive the shooting you’ll not only have your weapon teams in rancher but also a fearful monster that will slaughter-kill hero’s and hordes as if they where made out of breadsticks

Edited by Skreech Verminking

So, GW often updates FAQ, Errata and Base Sizes after box releases...

Any thoughts, or want to place odds,  on Skryre Acolytes base size clarification?

I would only say 1/13 chance of both clarifying and returning Acolytes back to 25mm.

4 hours ago, KingOfSuede said:

All of the other regular "infantry" for Skaven is on 25mm right? I know this battle has raged for a few pages, but it would make sense, no?

Yep, but I don't think that really means much. If they think they need to be on 32's for balance purposes then they'll make that change.

The problem is that we can't be sure if it was an intentional change or not and conflicting email responses from the rules\FAQ team doesn't help. They have said that the next big FAQ update will set it stone which is why I went ahead and based mine on 25's.

6 minutes ago, Darkhan said:

Can a single skaven hero port itself through a gnawhole? Or do you need another skaven hero within 1" of it to port another Skaven hero.

Nop it only says you at least need a skavenhero within 6 and a unit wholly within 6, meaning you could literally just jump him without needing the help of any other hero

28 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Nop it only says you at least need a skavenhero within 6 and a unit wholly within 6, meaning you could literally just jump him without needing the help of any other hero

Nice! So Thanquol can just jump himself😄

Preface: I'm a Warhammer newb

What are the balance implications of a model having a base size of 25 vs 32 (in regards to the ongoing acolyte bar discussion)? At face value, I can see that the unit with the larger base takes up more room on the table, making positioning models in range for a shooting attack harder as well as being able to pile-in less models for a melee attack.

Are there other points I'm missing?

Edited by KingOfSuede

3 hours ago, Skavelynn said:

What's everyones thoughts on acolytes?

I recently kitbashed some plague monk and warp lightning cannon bits into 10 of them. Are they only good in large numbers?

I really only run them between 20-30 but I see some people having success in 10-15. If you fully buff a unit of 30 you will typically overkill anything you're shooting at, so I really just see 25-30 as a wounds buffer for those buffs (since you take 2d3 MW's when they expire) and it gives the unit the ability to stick around at a higher damage potential for longer since they're even more paper thin than Clanrats.

1 hour ago, KingOfSuede said:

making positioning models in range for a shooting attack harder

Mostly that. These big blobs of 20-30 would be harder to get within that 8" range if they were on 32's. If that were to happen, I would probably have to split them into smaller units (which nullifies the buffs received to 1 big unit) or just not run them.

Edited by Gwendar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Skavelynn said:

What's everyones thoughts on acolytes?

I recently kitbashed some plague monk and warp lightning cannon bits into 10 of them. Are they only good in large numbers?

Depends what you mean by good. If you mean fearsome damage output, then yes, you will need a large unit, sparked and buffed. If however you mean any one of: cheap objective holder, cheap skryre battleline filler, speedbump to allow another round of fire, nasty surprise for over confident heroes & war machines, ablative arch warlock wounds, or even just sneaky little unit your enemy will usually ignore, then even units of 5 can be good.

• Like 2