5kaven5lave

Hi Guys,

Currently putting together a list (including building and painting) for Heat 2 next weekend, I'm set on the majority it's just what to add extra.

Think I'm either settling on either two;

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (200)
Grey Seer (120)
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
Arch-Warlock (160)

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
9 x Warplock Jezzails (420)

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Endless Spells
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 130

or

Leaders
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (200)
Grey Seer (120)
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
Arch-Warlock (160)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
3 x Stormfiends (260)

War Machines

Endless Spells
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 170

My only issue with the second list is having to paint 100 Clan Rats in a week.... And not sure whether using 9 Jezzails would be better to shoot things off.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

So, guys... I currently struggle with my subpar list (I don't have the units I want yet). 
I'm thinking this might be my future list:

Leaders
Grey Seer (120)
- Lore of Ruin: Warpgale
Skaven Clawlord on Brood Horror (220)
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
- General
- Trait: Master of Magic 
- Artefact: Suspicious Stone 
Warlock Bombardier (100)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
5 x Gutter Runners (60)
5 x Gutter Runners (60)
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades
- 1x Icon of Pestilence
- 1x Contagion Banner
- 1x Doom Gongs
- 1x Bale Chimes

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 176

Balewind for engineers warp lightning spell, while hopefully keeping him close to WLC, and hopefully a gnawhole as well. 
Plague monks, and to a lesser extent big block of clanrats buffed by clawlord (I put him on a horror, so he can actually fight and not ONLY buff a single unit of clanrats). 
Feedback on this list  guys? :)

1 hour ago, 5kaven5lave said:

he was watching all his golden boys getting melted off...

Skryre has always been wonderful against Stormcast due to our MW spam which got magnified with the tome. It really makes my day to hear of another tale of them (even shootcast stype lists) get dunked.

13 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

Hi Guys,

Currently putting together a list (including building and painting) for Heat 2 next weekend, I'm set on the majority it's just what to add extra.

Think I'm either settling on either two;

*snip*

My only issue with the second list is having to paint 100 Clan Rats in a week.... And not sure whether using 9 Jezzails would be better to shoot things off.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I really think you need minimum 40-40-20 Clanrats so that already makes me like the 2nd better. However, I don't think 3 Stormfiends are going to be doing much for you.. They really need to be in 6-9 for max buffs with Ratlings and Windlaunchers in my opinion. WLC's are great, but I've completely switched over to using 9 Jezzails. That's not to say 2 WLC's is bad or anything, but those 260 points could be spent elsewhere I imagine. The Doomwheel has been doing exceptionally well for me at hero killing as well.

I would rather drop 1 WLC + Stormfiends and bring along 9 Jezzails. Leaves you at 1980 which could be a triumph. You're fairly magic heavy with 8 spells so be sure to utilize those realm spells. Good luck, I'd love to hear on the results of whatever you decide to go with. I painted ~80 Clanrats, Arch-Warlock, Screaming Bell and a Doomwheel this past weekend + 1 day (minus basing).. it can be done but man, you'll be burnt out afterwards.

3 minutes ago, gronnelg said:

So, guys... I currently struggle with my subpar list (I don't have the units I want yet). 
I'm thinking this might be my future list:

Leaders
Grey Seer (120)
- Lore of Ruin: Warpgale
Skaven Clawlord on Brood Horror (220)
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
- General
- Trait: Master of Magic 
- Artefact: Suspicious Stone 
Warlock Bombardier (100)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
5 x Gutter Runners (60)
5 x Gutter Runners (60)
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades
- 1x Icon of Pestilence
- 1x Contagion Banner
- 1x Doom Gongs
- 1x Bale Chimes

War Machines

Endless Spells
Balewind Vortex (40)
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 176

Balewind for engineers warp lightning spell, while hopefully keeping him close to WLC, and hopefully a gnawhole as well. 
Plague monks, and to a lesser extent big block of clanrats buffed by clawlord (I put him on a horror, so he can actually fight and not ONLY buff a single unit of clanrats). 
Feedback on this list  guys? :)

Clawlord on Horror's is 160 points now by the way, I believe warscroll builder hasn't updated this yet. I typically only run GR's in 10's.. 5's will be good distractions for a turn and if they charge something squishy they can potentially pull off a kill. Just unfortunate they have to come in T1 from a board edge and not just anywhere on the board >9" from an enemy.

As said above, I really only take 100 Clanrats minimum now in 40-40-20, but 40-20-20 is still pretty decent. If you have an Arch-Warlock, I would spend the 60 points you got from the Brood Horror points decrease and upgrade the Engineer to that. I would also give your Grey Seer Skitterleap specifically to cast on your BW Engineer\Arch-Warlock. When I used WLC's more often, I liked to Skitterleap an Engineer\AW over to a Gnawhole and then teleport a WLC through it and Overcharge a hiding hero. Stick the AW on a BW and now he's in range for Warpstorm to even more damage. Doesn't typically put them in a great position but if it means killing off a LoC, Slann Starmaster\anything-else-that-can-summon-or-support then it's usually worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gwendar said:

I really think you need minimum 40-40-20 Clanrats so that already makes me like the 2nd better. However, I don't think 3 Stormfiends are going to be doing much for you.. They really need to be in 6-9 for max buffs with Ratlings and Windlaunchers in my opinion. WLC's are great, but I've completely switched over to using 9 Jezzails. That's not to say 2 WLC's is bad or anything, but those 260 points could be spent elsewhere I imagine. The Doomwheel has been doing exceptionally well for me at hero killing as well.

I would rather drop 1 WLC + Stormfiends and bring along 9 Jezzails. Leaves you at 1980 which could be a triumph. You're fairly magic heavy with 8 spells so be sure to utilize those realm spells. Good luck, I'd love to hear on the results of whatever you decide to go with. I painted ~80 Clanrats, Arch-Warlock, Screaming Bell and a Doomwheel this past weekend + 1 day (minus basing).. it can be done but man, you'll be burnt out afterwards.

Cheers for the advice mate, might try your suggestion by dropping the 1 x WLC and Stormfiends and adding the 9 Jezzails. Yeah I wanted to utilise the Realm Spells all weekend as much as I could and the fact Skaven get so many 2 Cast cheap Heroes it's great!

Last few events I've been to I've painted up a new army a week before so this should be fine, just need to decide on  a colour scheme that'll work across the army. Thinking potentially pink.... I may regret that when I start painting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

Cheers for the advice mate, might try your suggestion by dropping the 1 x WLC and Stormfiends and adding the 9 Jezzails. Yeah I wanted to utilise the Realm Spells all weekend as much as I could and the fact Skaven get so many 2 Cast cheap Heroes it's great!

Last few events I've been to I've painted up a new army a week before so this should be fine, just need to decide on  a colour scheme that'll work across the army. Thinking potentially pink.... I may regret that when I start painting.

I would also like to mention the Doomwheel.. that thing really is great as a hero killer. I've sent it through Gnawholes or sent it up the board with MMMWP and 1-shot or severely crippled heroes, even with Lo,S taking it to a 4+ to hit. It really is worth it's points now and can easily earn them back.

I've posted some test models a few pages back with my Ash\Greyscaled theme. It's pretty quick since it's 90% drybrushing but even then.. that many rats has taken it's toll and I think I'll paint my FeC before I start painting up another horde army with my BoC.

Anyway, good luck and let us know how it goes. I have a tournament myself this Saturday.. should be 2-3 games I'll be posting up.

@GwendarThanks mate! I think the brood horror is 160, and the clawlord with brood horror is 220?
About the gutter runners, my idea was that I can distract in two locations with 2x5, and if they get charged/shot, then it's only have the models. But is your experience that 5 can't really kill anything in one turn?

Good point on skitterleap/gnawhole trick. So wait, are you telling me a hero balewind can be skitterlept?

@gronnelg According to Azyr, Clawlord on BH is 160 and the regular BH is 160 as well.

GR's can kill something squishy in units of 5 like a 5 wound wizard perhaps, but any decent opponent isn't going to leave them open t1 knowing you have 2 things in deepstrike. That or they'll zone them out since you can only deploy more than 9" from the enemy and 6" within a table edge and just take them off the board in hero phase or shooting before they can do anything, unless you get a double. 

For the BW\Wizard thing yes, they can be . You're teleporting them, not moving them. And since it all counts as 1 model on the BW, it travels with them. 

Screenshot_2019-04-24-15-19-39.jpg

Edited by Gwendar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gwendar said:

@gronnelg According to Azyr, Clawlord on BH is 160 and the regular BH is 160 as well

I'm pretty sure you can see it's a mistake. Azyr app still have the deceiver with 5 attack instead of 6. Personnally, i will trust warscroll builder over them for the cost of the clawlord on brood horror.

Edited by Saodexan

43 minutes ago, Saodexan said:

I'm pretty sure you can see it's a mistake. Azyr app still have the deceiver with 5 attack instead of 6. Personnally, i will trust warscroll builder over them for the cost of the clawlord on brood horror.

While Builder is typically on point, and Azyr generally is a mess, they've been better about keeping it up to date. I've caught Builder being behind the times for a week or two in the past. GW also can't seem to get Skaven base sizes straight for Acolytes so they aren't perfect. Any new player who takes the Azyr app as gospel (and that's what is usually suggested by store owners from my experience) is going to use those points values for their games if they know nothing about Builder. Bottom line is this is on them as both sources are meant to be "correct and accurate".

Having them both be 160 definitely sounds like a mistake, but enough people seem to have moving over to that 160 value. Same with Warpgnaw decrease in the app. Either way, he has been given other list options so it's really no big deal. 

1 hour ago, gronnelg said:

@Gwendar so you said 40 40 20 clanrats is preferable to lesser numbers. Care to share your reasoning for this? 

The simplest reasoning is that they stay around longer. Broadly, they're needed for the unit that will be capping your objectives or being a screen most of the time for the heavy hitting things behind them. For only 80 points you get 20 more bodies which is exceptionally cheap.

That said, I can find a case for bringing 20-20-20 if you want to go more into Skryre but still have something. Maybe even if you bring 80 Monks as well.