5kaven5lave

On 4/20/2019 at 8:31 PM, kenshin620 said:

Anyone running a Corruptor solo without other pestilens as an antihorde brute? Or is a warpseer/warbringer better for utility?

I run both. Corruptor as a horde and hero killer (Sword of Judgement) and a Warpseer as my unkillable general with command point farming skillz and battleshock immunity bubble

10 hours ago, Saodexan said:

I think the Malign Sorcery FAQ answer it. 
Q: Some abilities allow a model to know additional spells, including additional endless spells. In a Pitched Battle, can you use these abilities to cast endless spells if you did not spend the points for those endless spells? In addition, can these abilities be used to cast endless spells that can normally only be cast by Wizards that have a specific keyword?
A: No to both questions.

If the Curseling do not have the points, the models or the keyword to cast the endless spell, he just can't.

Asked the same question on the Skaven facebook page, so many different answers, I'm just confused;p

36 minutes ago, Diemer84 said:

How is it working for you?

More than well. Have only suffered one loss out of 15+ since the tome dropped. In my list, its a toss up between SoJ on my Corruptor and Liber on my Furnace. The extra prayers and possibility of a great plague are nice, and can deal some damage at range, but the reliability of the SoJ and it's sheer character killing potential is nice to have, especially for cutting through ethereal ZDs and such. And because he's not my general,  and his 5++ makes him deceptively durable, I can afford to be a little careless with him when I stomp him up the board. He kegged an FEC general the other day, was nice

1 hour ago, Ratcliff said:

More than well. Have only suffered one loss out of 15+ since the tome dropped. In my list, its a toss up between SoJ on my Corruptor and Liber on my Furnace. The extra prayers and possibility of a great plague are nice, and can deal some damage at range, but the reliability of the SoJ and it's sheer character killing potential is nice to have, especially for cutting through ethereal ZDs and such. And because he's not my general,  and his 5++ makes him deceptively durable, I can afford to be a little careless with him when I stomp him up the board. He kegged an FEC general the other day, was nice

I haven't done a deep dive on the rules yet, but is there any reason you're using a corruptor for character sniping rather than a deceiver? the bonus chance at great plagues is a pretty good bonus I get, but just wanted insight on your mileage. 

8 minutes ago, TheBluMnM said:

I haven't done a deep dive on the rules yet, but is there any reason you're using a corruptor for character sniping rather than a deceiver? the bonus chance at great plagues is a pretty good bonus I get, but just wanted insight on your mileage. 

Sword of Judgement on the Corruptor is like 14 mortal wounds on average with the command ability.

5 hours ago, Darkhan said:

Asked the same question on the Skaven facebook page, so many different answers, I'm just confused;p

I've had the same situation come against a local Tzeentch player. Bottom line, the FAQ states it pretty clearly and he should not be re-casting it back if WLV is dispelled.

1 hour ago, TheBluMnM said:

Basically what @Saodexan said. When you do the math, the Deceiver really isn't too great on killing characters with so few attacks, even if they're -3\d3 and taking SoJ isn't much better. You could just as easily take a Grey Seer with Skitterleap to get the Corrupter in close who can also deal with hordes exceptionally well due to the spell.

As much as I love the Deceiver, he really has no place in my lists anymore due to his cost.. give him a few more attacks and I could see it.

EDIT: Also no, the possibility of doing d6 over 1 is absolutely worth it since you would be doing minimum 1, max 6. That said, the Corrupter having inherent MW output still makes it better than the Deceiver even if you take SoJ out of the equation.

Edited by Gwendar

2 hours ago, TheBluMnM said:

Well a couple of reasons. I run a Pestilens list, so a Deceiver just isn't an option for me. I run a Warpseer as general, but I only use 3 other units apart from that (Corruptor, Furnace and Monks) so my battleline can be Plague Monks. Even if I did want a character killer, I wouldn't go with the Deceiver. His average wound output isn't the best, and he doesn't have anywhere near the same odds of one-shotting  a character as a Corruptor with SoJ. And at 300pts, there's very few characters he will be killing that will get his value back. Teleporting within 6" of your opponent seems good at first, but then he's out on his own, with no screen and an average wound count. Could be a decent shout late game, or with a gnawbomb, but he's a lot of points for a niche role. Corruptor with SoJ is cheaper and a better all-rounder. His spell is like an atomic bomb to hordes.

Edited by Ratcliff

2 hours ago, Gwendar said:

I've had the same situation come against a local Tzeentch player. Bottom line, the FAQ states it pretty clearly and he should not be re-casting it back if WLV is dispelled.

Basically what @Saodexan said. When you do the math, the Deceiver really isn't too great on killing characters with so few attacks, even if they're -3\d3 and taking SoJ isn't much better. You could just as easily take a Grey Seer with Skitterleap to get the Corrupter in close who can also deal with hordes exceptionally well due to the spell.

As much as I love the Deceiver, he really has no place in my lists anymore due to his cost.. give him a few more attacks and I could see it.

EDIT: Also no, the possibility of doing d6 over 1 is absolutely worth it since you would be doing minimum 1, max 6. That said, the Corrupter having inherent MW output still makes it better than the Deceiver even if you take SoJ out of the equation.

Are you able to link or copy paste the FAQ mate?

So, I’m in an escalation league.  We’re at 750 points now for next couple matches.  

I put together a “fun” or “Troll” list for when I play my buddy in practice - thoughts please?

Verminlord Deceiver 300 pts

3x -Gutter runners x 10 at 120 points

1x Gutter Runner x5 at 60 pts

Endless Spell - Quicksilver Swords at 20 pts

14 minutes ago, Coyote said:

So, I’m in an escalation league.  We’re at 750 points now for next couple matches.  

I put together a “fun” or “Troll” list for when I play my buddy in practice - thoughts please?

Verminlord Deceiver 300 pts

3x -Gutter runners x 10 at 120 points

1x Gutter Runner x5 at 60 pts

Endless Spell - Quicksilver Swords at 20 pts

I’m missing the Trolls

I run the deceiver purely as the thing my bell summons on a double 6. His ability to be useful right off the summon on any turn is quite great. 

Deciever turn 1 or turn 5 does work all game. 

On the other hand the other summonable verminlords are too situation and turn specific. 

Outside of the bell i don't see myself using him in a list as for his pts he's abit sub par.

28 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Troll, as in trolling my buddy with a frustrating list?  Or you think this is actually a solid list?

I dont think its frustrating or difficult to deal with. Nor do i think it's particualrlly solid. 

What is your goal with the list and perhaps we can help make the list better.

4 hours ago, Darkhan said:

Are you able to link or copy paste the FAQ mate?

@Saodexan already answered it from the Malign Sorcerery FAQ: 

Q: Some abilities allow a model to know additional spells, including additional endless spells. In a Pitched Battle, can you use these abilities to cast endless spells if you did not spend the points for those endless spells? In addition, can these abilities be used to cast endless spells that can normally only be cast by Wizards that have a specific keyword?
A: No to both questions.

Now, that doesn't really clear it up a ton but to me, that reads that the Curselings ability would not work unless he paid points for the spell and had the Skaventide & Wizard keywords. Not to mention you then run into the problem of them casting your spell and then if you can't dispel it but still want to cast it, you can't as that's the only model you own for it. I know there was a separate errata for him allowing him to recast endless spells, but that was more or less talking about generic endless spells rather than faction specific ones such as the above.

I think you really need to ask this in an email to the rules team to get a clear answer.

...Just don't ask them about base sizes for Acolytes since no one knows the answer anymore apparently.

Edited by Gwendar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, gronnelg said:

So I'm a bit confused about the corruptors inherent MWs on 6s, vs SoJ. If I roll a 6, can I choose which one to activate, or does one take precedence?

You do both, as both trigger at the same time

Edited by Ratcliff

On 4/21/2019 at 11:39 AM, 5kaven5lave said:

Having a Easter Day game with a mate today so I’ve decided to go a bit mental with my special Easter gunline list. I’ll let you all know how badly I lose a bit later:

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Trait: Deranged Inventor  
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector  
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Warlock Bombardier (100)
Warlock Engineer (100)

Battleline
25 x Skryre Acolytes (300)
6 x Stormfiends (520)
3 x Stormfiends (260)

Units
6 x Warplock Jezzails (280)

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Endless Spells
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 115

The 6 Fiends have to be melee unfortunately but I’m just going to MMWP the Acolytes first and then take it from there. Hoping the list will be fun to play!!

In case anyone was wondering, I actually pulled out a couple of wins with this list vs. Stormcast. In game 1, despite my explanations of what everything does, he decided to charge my gunline, which ended in 740 points of his stuff being murdered in my first shooting phase so we called it there and then. In the second game it was much closer but his list was also shooty and elite so I managed to just outshoot him. I had fun with it at least, not sure about my opponent was when he was watching all his golden boys getting melted off...