5kaven5lave

Hi guys, an important question on the rules. How do you count kill points? Like, for a warscroll battalion for exemple, to take the point of it i have to kill all the army or just the unite that belongs to the battalion?

And for endless spell?

I tryed to look for it at the rules but i can't find it.

Edited by Axter

8 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

Yeah, there isn't much you can do to stop six rippers from munching one of your units. If you have another unit nearby to counter-attack with, however, then you've basically taken off half their army while only losing ~200 points. Summoning is also a greater concern at 1k though as the relative value of the summoned units is much higher when compared to what is already on the board. 

I was wrong about the HPA though, I forgot that the Avalanche of Flesh ability is an actual attack and not an ability that is triggered on contact. So it's maybe not particularly good against Skinks in that way. It's still solid though. It's combat stats for the points are pretty excellent. It's reasonably efficient (particularly for a monster) even without the Avalanche of Flesh attack, and with it it can be insanely efficient. It has poor defensive efficiency though and worst of all is the random movement. I have a feeling that it's going to be the sort of unit that will win some games singlehandedly while other times will feel like total dead weight.

Well, I have a few options I plan to try the next game so we'll see what works. I think I may be looking to grab an HPA and 40 Monks to test out together as well. Having such a large distraction that can smash right in seems a worthwhile investment.

4 minutes ago, Axter said:

Hi guys, an important question on the rules. How do you count command points? Like, for a warscroll battalion for exemple, to take the point of it i have to kill all the army or just the unite that belongs to the battalion?

And for endless spell?

I tryed to look for it at the rules but i can't find it.

Not 100% on what you are asking but I will try to answer:

CP's: You get a CP at the beginning of every one of your turns. You get an extra CP if you bring along a battalion in your list; it has nothing for you to do with killing an opponents army, if that's what you're asking? You also get a CP for every 50 points you're under on the total points value of the game you're playing, IE: On a 2k game, you get 1 extra CP to start with at 1950 points or 2 extra CP to start with if at 1900, etc.

Endless Spells: Not sure what you are looking for on this, but Endless spells cost points and you can find them in the app or the warhammer community warscroll builder. You bring them along and any of your wizards will be able to cast them.

26 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

Well, I have a few options I plan to try the next game so we'll see what works. I think I may be looking to grab an HPA and 40 Monks to test out together as well. Having such a large distraction that can smash right in seems a worthwhile investment.

Not 100% on what you are asking but I will try to answer:

CP's: You get a CP at the beginning of every one of your turns. You get an extra CP if you bring along a battalion in your list; it has nothing for you to do with killing an opponents army, if that's what you're asking? You also get a CP for every 50 points you're under on the total points value of the game you're playing, IE: On a 2k game, you get 1 extra CP to start with at 1950 points or 2 extra CP to start with if at 1900, etc.

Endless Spells: Not sure what you are looking for on this, but Endless spells cost points and you can find them in the app or the warhammer community warscroll builder. You bring them along and any of your wizards will be able to cast them.

Sorry i was talking about kill points, i just finished a 4 hours game at 3 am 😂

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Axter said:

Sorry i was talking about kill points, i just finished a 4 hours game at 3 am 😂

No worries, in that case you only get kill points per the scenario rules. Usually that's  done by completely destroying units and adding up the points value or by destroying more wounds worth (so per model) than your opponent. It should say in the scenario rules what the conditions are in the event of a tie.. unless the scenario is just about killing, of course.

Endless spells do not count towards this.

Edited by Gwendar

18 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

No worries, in that case you only get kill points per the scenario rules. Usually that's  done by completely destroying units and adding up the points value or by destroying more wounds worth (so per model) than your opponent. It should say in the scenario rules what the conditions are in the event of a tie.. unless the scenario is just about killing, of course.

Endless spells do not count towards this.

Nono, i won the game, but it was for a campaign  and kill point are always important. My enemy was a seraphon (and summoned a lot) but he also have a battalion and i killed every unit of it, the only thing remaining to him from the original list was a slann and the cogs. We were talking about the points of the battalion (a shadowstrike), as i said i taked everything from it (2x40 skink, star priest and ripperdactyl), so i think i should also count the 180 pointa of the battalion are taken. 

4 minutes ago, Axter said:

Nono, i won the game, but it was for a campaign  and kill point are always important. My enemy was a seraphon (and summoned a lot) but he also have a battalion and i killed every unit of it, the only thing remaining to him from the original list was a slann and the cogs. We were talking about the points of the battalion (a shadowstrike), as i said i taked everything from it (2x40 skink, star priest and ripperdactyl), so i think i should also count the 180 pointa of the battalion are taken. 

@Kirjava13 Is right. You do not count the cost that he paid for the battalion unless it specifically says otherwise. Rules tend to refer to "units" or "models" when it comes to KP's so it would only refer to the units you wipe out in the battalion, but not the points cost of it.

So even if i would have killed everything he had on the fields i would not have taken the point of battalion and endless spell? I don't mean the battalion rules for counting them, it's like in a tournament, when 2 people won everygame you count kill points to see who take the first place. I think i should check the tournament rules

TO means tournament organizer.  They act as rules judges settling any disputes over unclear rules....not always the way GW eventually rules it but helps to ask things before the event starts if you think of anything you aren't sure about.

After reading on the Suspicious Stones, I am liking the Verminlord Warpseer more and more!  I've played against that Phoenix Guard aelf army and the repeating feel no pain rolls is just SOOOOO annoying, and I was jealous.

Still, I have Eshin, and 2 Deceivers could be pretty darn amazing.   Looking forward to having my last hurrahs with Azgorh at Adepticon for a while, and getting into the rats and their myriad nuanced ways.

After I get the ninjas painted I'll get some Clanrats so I can do a more mixed type of army too.  The WLC is an arguably nastier Magma Cannon, and I have one of those old metal ones.  Ranged mortal wounds are just so handy for getting rid of pesky heroes!  Now that I'm writing that I'm wondering if the Prismatic Palisade belongs in my Adepticon armylist?

So I cracked open my first box of plague monks today and there are tonnes of rats on the sprue. Anyone thrown these on bases and used them as giant rats? 

Are they big enough, is one big enough to fill out a base or are you better off with two? 

1 hour ago, Xelotath said:

So I cracked open my first box of plague monks today and there are tonnes of rats on the sprue. Anyone thrown these on bases and used them as giant rats? 

Are they big enough, is one big enough to fill out a base or are you better off with two? 

Fun fact: those are giant rats , so go for it 

Edited by Skreech Verminking

8 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

After reading on the Suspicious Stones, I am liking the Verminlord Warpseer more and more!  I've played against that Phoenix Guard aelf army and the repeating feel no pain rolls is just SOOOOO annoying, and I was jealous. 

A Warpseer is an auto-include for me in every list as he is hard to kill and the CP farming is very helpful.. Not to mention his gigantic 26" battleshock immunity bubble. A Deceiver usually has the second spot if I don't bring Thanquol. 

1 hour ago, Xelotath said:

These are commonly used and I've made about 40 from them. Even the small ones I keep to a single base, but they can look a bit odd and one time an opponent thought I was just placing down bases with nothing on them. 

Okayy, so to update. In my game today, against Nurgle. Used open war, had face to face deployment, I set up on the back line and he set up aggressively on his front edge. Twist was lashing rain, which is -1 to hit. I thought that would cripple me. It didn't. 

His list: 

Great Unclean One (Blade and Bell)

Horticulous Slimux

Spoilpox Scrivener

3 x 20 Plaguebearers

2 x 3 Plague Drones

Tallyband Of Nurgle

It was... Horrifying. I'd almost tabled him by turn two. I got lucky and he got unlucky, but I'm starting to understand the reason why people say 'who needs friends if you have stormfiends'. Thankfully, it hasn't ruined my friendship but wow! The sheer power and weight of fire they could put down was nastyyy, especially with MMWP and warpstone sparks. 

A victory for the great horned rat!

• Like 1

A great victory!!

I’ve played a good few games of ‘pure’ Skryre now and come out the other side with about a 40% win ratio so it’s time to adapt a bit. Here’s what I’m gonna start running as my mixed Skaventide, hoping it’s got a bit of everything. Wasn’t sure about the Seer but I think Skitterleap would be a good addition:

Allegiance: Skaventide
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
- General
- Trait: Master of Magic  
- Artefact: Gryph-feather Charm 
Verminlord Corruptor (260)
Grey Seer (120)
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap
Arch-Warlock (160)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades
30 x Skryre Acolytes (320)

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Endless Spells
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 173

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Balloon Dwarf said:

Okayy, so to update. In my game today, against Nurgle. Used open war, had face to face deployment, I set up on the back line and he set up aggressively on his front edge. Twist was lashing rain, which is -1 to hit. I thought that would cripple me. It didn't. 

His list: 

Great Unclean One (Blade and Bell)

Horticulous Slimux

Spoilpox Scrivener

3 x 20 Plaguebearers

2 x 3 Plague Drones

Tallyband Of Nurgle

It was... Horrifying. I'd almost tabled him by turn two. I got lucky and he got unlucky, but I'm starting to understand the reason why people say 'who needs friends if you have stormfiends'. Thankfully, it hasn't ruined my friendship but wow! The sheer power and weight of fire they could put down was nastyyy, especially with MMWP and warpstone sparks. 

A victory for the great horned rat!

What was your list and what did you equip those stormfiends with? I still have 6 on sprues. Still trying to figur out what role they should have. Go melee or ranged focused. 

35 minutes ago, Puchuking33 said:

What was your list and what did you equip those stormfiends with? I still have 6 on sprues. Still trying to figur out what role they should have. Go melee or ranged focused. 

The best option is magnetize them, it seems hard to do but it's not. I just did it with 6 of them

34 minutes ago, Puchuking33 said:

Arch Warlock

- Spell: More More Warp Power

- Command Trait: Deranged Inventor

- Artifact: Vigordust Injector 

Warlock Bombardier

Warlock Engineer

3 x Stormfiends

- Doomflayer Gauntlets, Ratling Cannons, Warpfire Throwers

3 x Stormfiends

- Doomflayer Gauntlets, Grinderfist, Warpfire Thrower

6 x Stormfiends

- 2x Shock Gauntlets, 2x Ratling Cannons, 2x Windlaunchers

Warpfire Thrower

Warp Lightning Cannon

Warp Lightning Cannon

Emerald Lifeswarm

Warp Lightning Vortex

Warp Lightning Vortex fits around a great unclean one and really helps. Followed advice given here and dumped buffs onto the 6 man range, which still benefited when they ended up in melee.  Warpfire thrower ended up just luring some plaguebearers into range of my ratling cannons which was brutal. 40 plaguebearers removed by the end of turn 1. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Orchid89 said:

Did you follow a guide or is it straightforward and obvious? I'm doing mine tomorrow

Just being suggested from a friend but really is not that hard. Just the one with doomflayer gauntlet or shock gaintlet it's a bit hard becouse of how the arms are made, for them i had too use green stuff (cut away the little plastic part in the arm and fill it with green stuff)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I'd love to see the Corruptor getting the Dimensional Blade or some other means of a rend-3.  

Cheers, did have him with the SoJ initially but yeah that blade is fluffy (he could use it to carve out gnawholes) and makes him a better all-rounder. 

Hi there just finished converting a warlock bombardier, thought this might give you guys and idea of what to do with all of your poisoned wind mortars.

anyways her we have skagsnik scratch

the suspicious master-acolyte of the city of PillarsE5164C33-2476-466D-9461-75B80D42F322.jpeg.b0f4edb3a1f48e0ea1ffcfa343e7c466.jpeg

C70773B9-F76A-4E4C-BB7D-E28F9C9145D8.jpeg.4ecacb466c7f3fb5b72ec54fd7458b5e.jpeg

the base might be a bit bigger than actually allowed, buut the smaller base just wouldn’t have had the space to carry both of them and having the base a bit bigger gives you also a bit more space  for basing.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 4

Here's a list I worked on after a few nights of brain storming. 

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Verminlord Deceiver (300)
- General
- Trait: Shadowmaster 
- Artefact: The Three Fangs 
Thanquol on Boneripper (400)
- Lore of Ruin: Scorch
Warlock Bombardier (100)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
20 x Gutter Runners (200)
30 x Skryre Acolytes (320)

Behemoths
Hell Pit Abomination (220)