5kaven5lave

Well I haven’t really tried the stormfiends out yet, but with the pointsreduction I might consider taking them, with a bombardier.

a Stormfiends cost 6points more than the actual rattling gun.

since the rattling gun lost its buff and has its range cut, the stormfiends just seem to be doing better.

1the rattling carrying stormfiend, can be equipped with a rattling gun that has more possible shoots than the weapon team, can’t die through over hitting itself, and wounds on 3s instead of 4s.

next to that it has 3more wounds and a much better save, making it hard to snipe one of these guys out.

if we have a look at the warpflamer, well, I guess you could say that the weapon team just is better than the actual Stormfiends. The more more warpflamer makes the weapon team such a beasts against hordes, but is still rather weak and can die hard through a bit of shooting, which makes the stormfiends and the weapon team with the warpfire throwers equipped somewhat equal.

the Stormfiends with the doomflayer gauntlet, is just a must take, and can not really be compared to its much weaker counterpart the weapon team.

all in all Stormfiends are just rat ogres carrying weapons on their own replacing the rather weakness of no Armour and no wounds from the weapon teams, but in the same time loosing a bit of power.

also I wouldn’t look at the stormfiends as a unit but instead as a optional weapon teams with much better Armour save and woundcount while being stuck together as a unit.

send them to the frontlines while beeing shielded by a mssive hordes of clanrats and very expensive Stormvermins, while they get buffed by a nearby warlock engineer/bombardier etc. Shooting anything that comes near or stays away while keeping that possibility of dealing some high damage to any hero units that thought charging your clanrats with those big brutish orgor thingies was a good idea.

8 minutes ago, GoddammitGary said:

Allegiance: Skaventide
Thanquol on Boneripper (400)
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
- General
- Trait: Master of Magic 
- Artefact: Suspicious Stone 
Warlock Bombardier (100)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Warp Lightning Shield
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades
6 x Warplock Jezzails (280)
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 150

Nicely done there Gary, congrats.

1 hour ago, GoddammitGary said:

Thanquol on Boneripper (400)
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
- General
- Artefact: Suspicious Stone 
Warlock Bombardier (100)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Warp Lightning Shield
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades
6 x Warplock Jezzails (280)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 150

Congrats! Well played :).

Yes-yes, the master race did well! I came 6th here's my list

Thanquol - Warpgale

Bell - Plague and master of magic

Grey seer - Skitterleap

Deathmaster - Gnawbomb

Plague Furnace

3 x 20 clanrats

40x plague monks

20x Night runners

warplightning vortex

geminids

vermintide

palisade

quicksilver swords

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Hello everyone, new member here! 

I was wondering is it possible to have a alligiance/ battle trait, command trait and artifact as skryre if I have one keyworded skryre hero/ general?

But still include let's say clan rats, stormvermin, hell pit abomination and so  on to my army and still be valid? 

Thanks in advance 

13 hours ago, Cblackaus said:

Stormfiends are still very viable - IMHO far more than most other units.  The reason being is they can serve multiple roles.  I take a unit of 6 with 2 windlaunchers, 2 rattling guns and 2 combat weapons.  What does this give me - a unit with very potent long (30inches not needing LoS) shooting, brutal short and medium range shooting and solid combat.  They still benefit from more, more and sparks.  Way more versatile than a unit of jezzails that do 1 thing well.  The no LoS is essential for so many armies - Sylvaneth and Gloomspite as prime examples.  

Agree to disagree. I won't say they're the worst thing, but I would never say they're far better than most. Sure they can adapt to most situations, but you're investing a lot of points into a unit that can do everything decently unless you buff them. They just aren't for me anymore as I prefer to have units with defined roles that do them well.

I dunno, I would much rather bring Cannons, Jezzails, Clanrats or many other things instead. I may give 1x6 a go sometime just to trial run and see.

On another note. awesome work @GoddammitGary. If I didn't hate Monks so much I would throw some in myself for a nice combat unit.. but I'm still experimenting so who knows. I've been relying on Thanquol a lot lately for getting off WLV and I would really hate to lose that considering how much work that spell has done. The Grey Seer may be a good alternative using a token 3d6 roll, but it can't beat that +2\+3 to cast in my eyes.

34 minutes ago, Puchuking33 said:

Hello everyone, new member here! 

I was wondering is it possible to have a alligiance/ battle trait, command trait and artifact as skryre if I have one keyworded skryre hero/ general?

But still include let's say clan rats, stormvermin, hell pit abomination and so  on to my army and still be valid? 

Thanks in advance 

The Artifacts and Command Traits apply to all Skaventide armies, its only the general/hero that you are applying them to which defines which table you use. So if your general is a Skyre Warlock then they can only take from the Skyre list and so on and so forth for the other Great Clans.

The only army level keyword requirement is to use the battleline options in the army list. So if you want Stormfiends for Battleline then every model in the army must be Skyre or Masterlclan (not including allies). 

• Thanks 1

@5kaven5lave this link might be worth adding to the opening post

https://www.scribd.com/document/325855280/Skaven-Collector-s-Guide-Revised-Updated?campaign=SkimbitLtd&ad_group=11082X693941Xef7d298153c11b726594c93933bff296&keyword=660149026&source=hp_affiliate&medium=affiliate

It's an archive of all the skaven models up to around 2002 made by GW - a great reference for a lot of the older legacy models that some might find interesting! It's made by Tristran (no idea if they post here too) over on the Underhive forums. 

• Like 1

Will post it up if it’s helpful for you guys. 

Really, REALLY want to have a bash at this list:

Mortal Realm: Ulgu

Leaders
Verminlord Corruptor (260)
- General
- Trait: Savage Overlord  
- Artefact: Sword of Judgement 
Arch-Warlock (160)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Great Unclean One (340)
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Allies

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
40 x Plague Monks (240)
- Foetid Blades
30 x Skryre Acolytes (320)

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Endless Spells
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)
Vermintide (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 340 / 400
Wounds: 172

Would have loads of wounds, lots of bodies, lots of spells, a bit of shooting. Think it would be fun!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Overread said:

@5kaven5lave this link might be worth adding to the opening post

https://www.scribd.com/document/325855280/Skaven-Collector-s-Guide-Revised-Updated?campaign=SkimbitLtd&ad_group=11082X693941Xef7d298153c11b726594c93933bff296&keyword=660149026&source=hp_affiliate&medium=affiliate

It's an archive of all the skaven models up to around 2002 made by GW - a great reference for a lot of the older legacy models that some might find interesting! It's made by Tristran (no idea if they post here too) over on the Underhive forums. 

that link is super handy.

I have some of the old Skaven sculpts, either from trades or I bought to use for BloodBowl

On 3/3/2019 at 2:42 PM, Gwendar said:

So, the game against Tzeentch went much better than I had anticipated it to. He did seem to forget a few of his rules, one of which is his Lord of Change matching his highest casting\unbinding dice...although I'm not sure it would've helped him much.

We played Duality of Death at 2k

My List

Reveal hidden contents

Leaders
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
- General
- Trait: Verminous Valour 
- Artefact: Suspicious Stone 
Thanquol on Boneripper (400)
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Grey Seer (120)
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap
Warlock Bombardier (100)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Warp Lightning Shield

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)

War Machines

Endless Spells
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

Total: 1940 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 137

His List

Reveal hidden contents

Unsure of his spells\CT used

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Mortal Realm: Shyish

Leaders
Lord of Change (380)
- General
Gaunt Summoner and Chaos Familiars (180)
- Artefact: Wraithbow 
Magister (140)
The Blue Scribes (140)
Herald of Tzeentch (140)
- Staff of Change

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (200)
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (200)
30 x Kairic Acolytes (240)

Behemoths
Mutalith Vortex Beast (200)

Endless Spells
Umbral Spellportal (60)
Balewind Vortex (40)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 96

T1
He finishes first and decides to take first turn and he stacks all of his army on his left\my right leaving only the Vortex Beast to attempt to capture the other objective. Right out of the gate he gets the spellportal off and kills a 20 unit of Clanrats on my right with a few spells that I fail to\am out of unbind range on but not much else happens... He didn't try to move any of his heroes\Vortex beast onto the objectives and decided to hold back which definitely cost him in the end.

My turn sees the WLV go off and he fails the unbind by 1 if I recall and it proceeds to start ripping apart his cluster of heroes as it likes to do. I run the Bombardier (disguised as an regular Engineer thanks a painfully slow ebay seller...) to the right objective to capture it but I misplay the left objective and bunch up too many Clanrats prevented Thanquol or the Warpseer to get in the 3" range. End 1-0 VP's.
Attach35211_20190302_164358.jpg.2252b199d0ca11309615ed8fb20f3e46.jpg

T2
I get the double but my Warpseer continues to never get off Warpgale which has only gone off 1-2 times in my last 3 games. WLV furthers shreds in movement and Cannons + Warpseer + Clanrats kill off the Vortex Beast and I start capping the left side. Meanwhile the right side Clanrats charge his Acolytes and I string them out to reduce casualties and create a screen for my Grey Seer and Bombardier.

On his turn I manage to unbind a few of his spells but he does dispell the WLV. He only kills around 8 Clanrats out of the 40-rat unit on the left with what does go off and manages to summon in a Herald on Disc + Blue Horrors. Lots of shooting targeted at the Warpseer with only 1 going through. The WLV goes off again and gets most of his heroes down to a 1-3 wounds left.  End 4-0 VP's.
Attach35214_20190302_164358.jpg.cf74a591f80575b14a0176b4bcb24cf8.jpg
Attach35212_20190302_164358.jpg.2e528ea7741efcb7a5343da5005dc6eb.jpg

T3
I take priority and re-cast WLV on a 13 (wonderful way to end) with Thanquol to finish off all but 2 of his Heroes while the WLC's put an end to the Lord of Change as he decides to concede at the end of my turn with me going 9-0 on VP's.
Attach35213_20190302_164358.jpg.bbe74b61dceb649c6dff43a4e89a93d6.jpg

Overall Thoughts
I continue to really like this list and I just don't know that I would want to change it drastically by taking out Thanquol for more Clanrats\Rat Ogres\Acolytes\Gutter Runners. It definitely heavily relies on spell damage, namely with the Vortex... if anyone places heroes even remotely close together there's a good chance I will be dropping it there and Thanquol with a +2\3 isn't an easy unbind.

I think the only change I will be making for now is to remove 1 Warpfire Thrower and beef up another Clanrat unit to 40 as I was pretty sad about a single 20-rat unit getting completely wiped T1. Next time I may drop both WLC's and test out 9 Jezzails just for the hell of it and somewhere along the line I'll work to include 20 Acolytes. Unfortunately this will probably mean I would have to drop things I care about (like the Warpseer\Grey Seer\Thanquol) and I'm unsure of the payoff in comparison. Ah well, back to testing\theory-crafting. Thanks for reading, would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

How did you equip thanquoul?

47 minutes ago, States said:

How did you equip thanquoul?

I always equip him 50\50. I think 4 Warpfire is overkill most of the time so I prefer for him to have some combat punchiness. This also helps to have an answer to opponents who know better than to charge your Thanquol with horde units and opt to charge him with single heroes\elite units instead.

Hi there, thought of a list again.

might just try it out anytime sooner:

since most of you guys where well babbling how not so great the stormfiends are I well started including them just to figure the best positioning for them out.

so my list consist of:

1Screaming bell:200p (General, deathfrenzy, Master of magic (or verminous valour not sure yet but probably verminous valour just to keep him a bit longer alive)

1Clawlord:100p(brutal fury)

Warlock bombardier:100p(vigour dust injectors, more-more warppower something spell)

2x40Clanrats:400p

1x40Stormvermin:500p

1x3Stromfiends:260p (grinder  fists, warpfire projector and rattling gun)

2x1warpfamer weapon team:140p

1warplightningcannon:180p

2x5gutter runners:120p

Total:2000p

So the idea is to just bug up my cannon and Stormfiends with the warlock bombardier, which will make those two units relatively good in the shooting phase when in range.

the stormvermin and clanrats are more of a support option for my grey seer who is leading this horde on a fearsome Screaming bell.

should any of my foes think charging them is a great idea they’ll get slaughtered by my stormvermin, who’ll be buffed by the warlords command abllitiy and deathfrenzy from the grey seer.

my clanrats will be supported by my 2warpflamers, killing of any other battleline like hateful witchaelve or supporting my Stormvermins in dire times.

My Stormfiends will keep themselves near my clanrats trying to get a few good shots in with both the flamer and rattling guns, and if necessary will try to slaughter inhuman elite units like the snakeladys or chaos warriors.

the warlock bombardier is well mostly going to stay behind although trying to stay in range for the cannon and Stormfiends.

the gutter runner don’t really serve any great purpose. They’ll be just my 1st turn objective grabbing unit, while keeping my armie save from any unecessary danger.

Should my cunning plan fail, I’ll just send in my clawlord buffed by deathfrenzy and hoping for his death and with it maybe the live of the enemy general/monster.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 10:31 AM, Kramer said:

- The flee and charge is the best, best, best asset we have. You Just cant be contained by an more elite army.

I must be missing something..... where does it say that we can flee AND charge? Scurry Away is not worded that way....

34 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Is thanquol worth his 400 points?

I believe so, but really only if you bring along WLV as well as he can easily get that spell off (and potentially to not be unbound if you roll high enough). If you planned to go without the WLV, I would probably replace him with more bodies, a HPA, another Grey Seer\Screaming Bell, etc. He does have his uses no matter what, but 400 points is a big investment no matter how you look at it.

It should be noted the Grey Seer is great option for casting the WLV due to the 3d6 roll, but I still prefer Thanquols flat +3 when near Arcane terrain\Gnawholes.

Edited by Gwendar

35 minutes ago, Tasman said:

I must be missing something..... where does it say that we can flee AND charge? Scurry Away is not worded that way....

Nah, the hero keeps running ;) The clanrats and stormvermin however run and then throw themself back unto their deaths :D From the warscroll:

552569461_ScreenShot2019-03-05at14_34_29.png.45b354c488bb766820916bf14dbec72e.png

And just to illustrate. In my last game I:
1. Retreated and charged again to get to the Khemist that was buffing the Endrinriggers that were fighting my clanrats. He was 9" behind them. Which meant serious movement forwards, killing his buffing hero and next game he'll be extra careful with his support heroes. 

2. I tagged his far flank with my stormvermin, and when the stars dropped in the middle, in one turn I left that combat and immediately threatened that objective. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kramer said:

1. Retreated and charged again to get to the Khemist that was buffing the Endrinriggers that were fighting my clanrats. He was 9" behind them. Which meant serious movement forwards, killing his buffing hero and next game he'll be extra careful with his support heroes. 

2. I tagged his far flank with my stormvermin, and when the stars dropped in the middle, in one turn I left that combat and immediately threatened that objective. 

Ah good old skaven terror tactics.

Never failed me ones.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

So, something I've been thinking about for a list at 1000 points (and something that won't break my "no new models till I finish painting" rule) is below, what do you guys think?

Grey Seer (120)
- General
- Artefact: Staff of Rightful Supremacy
- Lore of Ruin: Warpgale
Warlock Engineer (100)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Warlock Engineer (100)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Chain Warp Lightning
20 x Skryre Acolytes (240)
3 x Stormfiends (260)

1000 points on the nose, and in theory there is a nice mix of buffing (More-more-more Warp Power! and Warpstone Sparks) and debuff/control spells (Wither + Warpgale from the Grey Seer, plus the Staff of Rightful Supremacy).

The basic idea would be to split things into three "pods" so to speak- Grey Seer with the Stormfiends, so that I can debuff enemies who attack them with Wither and Warpgale, a Warlock Engineer to buff the Acolyte Blob, and the final Engineer to babysit the cannon and overcharge it if needed.

I think this might be a decently effective list, but I'm sure I'm missing something. Planning on arming the Stormfiends with Ratling/Warpfire/Shock Gauntlets and throwing them at my opponent's "chaff", and treating the Stormfiends as sort of my Anvil while the Acolytes are the Hammer, since they can run and shoot after being buffed by the Warlock engineer using Sparks and Spells.

The Grey Seer can also debuff enemy wizards with his staff within 13".