5kaven5lave

1 hour ago, Kirjava13 said:

The restriction to 'all the units must be [CLAN]' only applies to the Skaventide army, not to allies, which means Pestilens armies can take Nurgle allies and still have Plague Monks as Battleline. But they might as well have just stated that, given that Nurgle are the only possible ally choice, and only with a Pestilens general...

I am going to continue to assume that Skaven can actually ally with themselves, as not to do so is nonsensical.

Infortunately the latest FAQ clearly tells it is not possible :/

image.png.3ad41cf6cc8fde3932d497eb952a3528.png

Although I do agree that this restriction is a bit annoying and prevent having a more varied skaven army. 

3 minutes ago, Navezof said:

Although I do agree that this restriction is a bit annoying and prevent having a more varied skaven army. 

Time to accept it and move on guys. No-one likes it, but let’s face it, our new book is amazing and we just have to suck up the not-so-good bits. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Navezof said:

12 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Time to accept it and move on guys. No-one likes it, but let’s face it, our new book is amazing and we just have to suck up the not-so-good bits. 

I think you guys are misinterpreting this FAQ. it asks can SKAVEN units be allied into SKAVENTIDE.
It basically only confirms that you can not take the skaven units that did not make the tome (Poison Wind Mortar Weapon Team, for example) 

What they did not clarify, unfortunately. is whether SKAVENTIDE units can be allied into SKAVENTIDE, which is really what everyone wants to know (as all units in the new battletome were given the SKAVENTIDE keyword)

You guys do realise that a lot of warscrolls still have Skaven on them, including Clan Rats. 

There's a few that oddly down such as giant rats ,which only list skaventide; but otherwise most skaven general units (troops) do have the skaven keyword. 

• Like 1

Well there is some difficulty with the allies system in total.

think about it, nurgle for instance can’t allie with tzeentch arcs it’s or slave to darkness units that have the tzeentch keyword. Which would usually mean that somebody wanting to take tzaangors from a tzeentch arcanite army  wouldn’t be able to.

but when taken from a brayherd armie (since they now have the appropriate keyword) it would technically be possible. Afterall im taking my allies from a brayherd armie and not from a tzeentch arcanite one.

you could technically say the same for skaven.

Altrough then again we would need an answer for can we take units from the same army as allies, and I well don’t know a faq that states you can or can’t so 

I guess it doesn’t matter anyways.

In other news the Skaven Dice are gone from the GW UK store - though the limited Collectors Edition is still up for grabs. Though I still say GW needs to give readers more than just a no logo cover and a book mark ribbon for double the price! 

In the middle of my game we needed a ‘feed the baby break’. My baby eats faster so I’m one up. 🤙

But im really struggling to set the Rat Ogors + Master Moulder up so that I get the charge but not commit the master moulder to the combat. 

Anyone ran into the same problem? 

image.jpg.6b7291e62c8fd9c2383d9a94ad699ec8.jpg

setting up the charge proves difficult as the target fled and the frigate is a long way a-way. 

B75F8C34-D6BF-4AF2-B265-5655700FB8E5.jpeg.794114954669d089e1c007f509f41a53.jpeg

objective one, firmly in control.

F615CBA5-9C70-44B7-B0EC-6DCE25C80B0B.jpeg.0e5d5bad697ace85495840d453948808.jpeg

F682751C-9F92-42AF-A80C-94ACB93F355F.jpeg.96615bb395d174219b8fb83d03983b58.jpeg

front and side of the battlefield. Starstrike bottom of turn two. Shooting and combat phase still to do. 

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 1

I don't get it: all units have SKAVENTIDE as keyword, with also SKAVEN.

What does this FAQ impact? I'm still able to build a SKRYRE (or even a SKAVENTIDE army)  army with 3 battleline Clanrats as long as my general is Masterclan and/Or Skryre, am I not?

Edited by GeneralZero

10 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

What does this FAQ impact? I'm still able to build a SKRYRE (or even a SKAVENTIDE army)  army with 3 battleline Clanrats as long as my general is Masterclan and/Or Skryre, am I not?

Why go even so far and only play skyre then?

I mean isn’t 60clanrats everything you need to just play an ordinary Skaventide armie or even just plain old chaos, which I wouldn’t recommend to anybody.

Edit: As for if you could allie in other Skaventide units, dunno.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

But im really struggling to set the Rat Ogors + Master Moulder up so that I get the charge but not commit the master moulder to the combat. 

Anyone ran into the same problem? 

Depending on what the ogres are charging at, I personally just charge the master moulder in with them, but carefully so the least amount of models can attack it. Unlike packmasters, he's a pretty strong hero in combat and the rat ogres will kill a good chunk of the charged unit anyway. Plus don't forget you get look out sir in melee as well (forgot it in my last game 😥).

The hit and bravery buff range is pretty long if you feel putting him in combat would be too risky. Will just have to not heal that turn 😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

If you have 3 clanrat units in your list, it is not (and doesn't need to be) a "Skryre" army.  Your general can be whatever you want. In fact, Skryre army doesn't really exist anymore. 

Now, when someone says "Skryre Army", I think 1 of 2 things:
1. A list with a lot of Skryre units. 
2. A list with 100% Skryre units, where the battleline consists of Acolytes and/or Stormfiends. 

There are 2 things that would have been nice to have with this book, but I think the way this FAQ has gone, are not possible  per the rules:
1. A list where you have 2 battleline units of Stormfiends and 1 battleline unit of clan rats  (We knew that wasn't possible the first time we saw the book)
2. A list where you have 3 battleline units of Stormfiends, and 1+ non-battleline unit of allied clan rats  (Kind of cleared up today but not in the most clear way)

7 hours ago, sorokyl said:

I think you guys are misinterpreting this FAQ. it asks can SKAVEN units be allied into SKAVENTIDE.
It basically only confirms that you can not take the skaven units that did not make the tome (Poison Wind Mortar Weapon Team, for example) 

What they did not clarify, unfortunately. is whether SKAVENTIDE units can be allied into SKAVENTIDE, which is really what everyone wants to know (as all units in the new battletome were given the SKAVENTIDE keyword)

It's clear mate. Let it go

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 hours ago, sorokyl said:

I would think that as SKAVENTIDE are not listed as allies in the allies section of page 128 that they can't. While the example on the Designer's Commentary uses Clans Moulder as an example (which is where the confusion arises) the only listed ally is NURGLE if your general is PESTILENS.

While it may not be the most reliable way of checking I tested this in the Azyr app. In this I first attempted to force a Clans Skryre allegiance using an Arch Warlock and was able to count Acolytes as my 3 battleline. Opened up the allies tab in the battleline section and Stormvermin were there but for some reason not Clanrats, which were also absent from the allies in the "Others" section. As soon as the Stormvermin were selected as allies the Acolytes shifted to Others and the list was invalid. So I then went the opposite route to confirm Nurgle allies, Plague Priest general and 3 units of Plague Monks, was able to ally a Great Unclean One and the list remained valid. Removed the Monks, replaced them with Clanrats, remained valid as it met the requirements of a Pestilens unit being the general, so at the very least that's working as intended.

12 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

What are you asking? 3 units of clanrats satisfies skaventide battle line requirements, yes. Skaven heroes who have the skryre keyword automatically get the spark ability that used to be the Skryre allegiance, it’s not really it’s own independent thing anymore. If you didn’t want to use clanrats at all you could take pure skryre and do 3 skryre battle lines, but you couldn’t mix and match 1 unit of clanrats in because they aren’t Skryre. But if your using three units of clanrats anyway that’s a moot point.

15 hours ago, Overread said:

You guys do realise that a lot of warscrolls still have Skaven on them, including Clan Rats. 

There's a few that oddly down such as giant rats ,which only list skaventide; but otherwise most skaven general units (troops) do have the skaven keyword. 

I believe units like Giant Rats do not have the  "Skaven" keyword because they are not a part of the sentient rat race, but arw in fact just rats. They still have Skaventide as the Skaven use them in war, but are themselves not Skaven. 

25 minutes ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

Hello! I have a question regarding pestilen units (plague monks specifically). I’m under the impression that they can be taken in units of ten, but the war scroll says that the banner and musician are one in every twenty. Does this mean a unit of 10 won’t have command other then the unit leader?

Sadly yes

30 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Sadly yes

Are you sure? It doesn’t say specifically that you have to have a full twenty models before one can be a banner. Are you basing your answer on some clarification in another FAQ, in which case I’d be grateful for the reference. I originally read it as “no more than one in 20” (so 1 at 10, 1 at 20, 2 at 30, 2 at 40) but I entirely acknowledge it’s open to interpretation as written.

1 minute ago, Baron Wastelands said:

Are you sure? It doesn’t say specifically that you have to have a full twenty models before one can be a banner. Are you basing your answer on some clarification in another FAQ, in which case I’d be grateful for the reference. I originally read it as “no more than one in 20” (so 1 at 10, 1 at 20, 2 at 30, 2 at 40) but I entirely acknowledge it’s open to interpretation as written.

Yep your right just had another look at the warsroll.

3 minutes ago, gronnelg said:

I'm confused about the FAQ. Did they imply that you should absolutely never have more that one warpfire thrower on Boneripper, because you can only make one warpfire attack anyways? 

Everything was explained here