5kaven5lave

4 hours ago, Kugane said:

I'll be restarting AOS soon, finally some new sculpts with underworlds xD, are Skaven still viable?

In a competitive game I would say so, although list might be more variable then before, yet I have a feeling you might still want to use stormfiends as your base of the army.

personally the book itself, seems to have been done poorly in my opinion, especially if you want to go for a more fluffy build with hordes.

and some of the stuff still hasn’t been faq, me guessing that some of the gw staff, might need some clarification themself 

This may be an easy one to answer but clanrats with spears have a 2 inch attack and Rusty weapons have 1 in a unit of 40 they get +3 to the weapon range... Would that make the spears have 5 inch and if so... Can you attack with them in combat if they don't charge and are still outside of 3? 

20 minutes ago, greg19190 said:

This may be an easy one to answer but clanrats with spears have a 2 inch attack and Rusty weapons have 1 in a unit of 40 they get +3 to the weapon range... Would that make the spears have 5 inch and if so... Can you attack with them in combat if they don't charge and are still outside of 3? 

No max range is 3 inches, spears are legit useless now.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

@Kugane Oh certainly, I would argue we have one of the more balanced books out there too. That said, I whole-heartedly believe we are not a beginner's army. If you're not new to wargaming, I think you'd be fine getting back into AOS. Only problem will be getting a hold of our silly old models. 

If I was starting from scratch 3D print all the way... Luckily been collecting since fantastic :) mettal gutter runners all the way... Proxy night runners for clan rats at the moment though... Don't need the inbred rat monkey... 

Edited by greg19190

15 hours ago, DocKeule said:

Well for this season yes. But in five month when the next GHB is out and the realm rules change again the extra reach might come in handy again.

This is a skaven rule, not a GHB rule. They'll still be 3" max in the next GHB. Everyone else will lose the within 1/2" rule however so it'll feel like a bonus to Skaven

Had a good game against my friend for my first time playing skaven. I was running a 2k Eshin list and He was running a Stormcast big Dragon list. The scenario was the one were if you own all 3 objectives you win.

He took first turn, he deployed everything at the back except for the 3 Liberators which is left in the clouds. He summoned the comet which landed on pretty much my whole army dealing a good chunk of wounds to everything (minus the gutters and Slynk n co as they hadnt deployed) I had also moved my night runners pre game, they moved far enough for the star drake to shoot them off, sad times.
My turn basically had me moving up the board, verminlord deciever miscast so couldnt teleport 😛 i deployed the 15 gutters and slynk at the back. Slynks contract was to kill Mr Gardus which after the shooting and combat phase he successfully assassinated him down to the wound and then retreated. The gutters threw their 45 stars at Krondy but only dealt like 3 wounds which was very feels bad. 

He won 2nd turn priority, blasted Slynk off with the star drake, dropped 2 liberators to charge the gutters, using them and krondys the gutters died horribly, they did deal 4 MW to the first liberators that charged though killing 2 of them. 
My turn was fairly boring here, verminlord failed the teleport but got mystic shield off. Continued just pushing up the board.

He won 3rd turn priority and took it. He used the teleport prayer to teleport Krondy to my back left, i got giddy here knowing that my verminlord had the artefact allowing him to strike first however he failed his 9 inch charge. He also dropped the last liberators onto the 2nd objective. 
My turn i charged Krondy with the Deciever taking him down to 3 wounds, krondy attacked back but only got 2 wounds through, rest of my army continued moving up taking the 2nd objective but i failed all my charges to the liberators. 

4th turn I finally won a priority, the big ass shuriken finished of Krondy, he blew up dealing 8 MW to the deciever as he lucked out with his 6s. I charged the rest of my army and got everything in surrounding his 3 units of liberators. The doom-flayer came out and wiped out one unit doing something stupid like 18 wounds. The 40 clanrats killed 2 liberators in another group and the 20 killed 1 liberator in the other. The deathmaster that came out didnt do anything, i was kinda scared to place him next to the liberators as i was determined to use the doom flayer first :P (definitely feel like the Deathmaster should have strike first when coming out of hiding).
His turn he moved his star drake and protectors into my swarm, he swallowed the doom flayer (should be an instant kill on the dragon in my eyes :P) and devestated the clanrats.

I won turn 5 priority and simply retreated my clanrats onto the 3rd objective, easily outmanning him with the clanrats and rat swarms due to expert conquerers on clanrats. 

Overall was a really fun game, and picking off Gardus with Slynk just felt very Eshin. The deciever gutting Krondy also felt very good.

My list was:

Verminlord Deceiver General Devious Adversary and Shadow Magnet 

Deathmaster

Sylink n Co

40 Clanrats

20 Clanrats 

20 Stormvermin

15 Gutter Runners

10 Night Runners

Doom Flayer

3 x 2 Rat Swarms 

received_1446464905817188.jpeg

received_774870696978112.jpeg

received_814061156425757.jpeg

received_1431925747284920.jpeg

received_401091275340284.jpeg

received_1256401558489680.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, W1tchhunter said:

Had a good game against my friend for my first time playing skaven. I was running a 2k Eshin list and He was running a Stormcast big Dragon list. The scenario was the one were if you own all 3 objectives you win.

He took first turn, he deployed everything at the back except for the 3 Liberators which is left in the clouds. He summoned the comet which landed on pretty much my whole army dealing a good chunk of wounds to everything (minus the gutters and Slynk n co as they hadnt deployed) I had also moved my night runners pre game, they moved far enough for the star drake to shoot them off, sad times.
My turn basically had me moving up the board, verminlord deciever miscast so couldnt teleport 😛 i deployed the 15 gutters and slynk at the back. Slynks contract was to kill Mr Gardus which after the shooting and combat phase he successfully assassinated him down to the wound and then retreated. The gutters threw their 45 stars at Krondy but only dealt like 3 wounds which was very feels bad. 

He won 2nd turn priority, blasted Slynk off with the star drake, dropped 2 liberators to charge the gutters, using them and krondys the gutters died horribly, they did deal 4 MW to the first liberators that charged though killing 2 of them. 
My turn was fairly boring here, verminlord failed the teleport but got mystic shield off. Continued just pushing up the board.

He won 3rd turn priority and took it. He used the teleport prayer to teleport Krondy to my back left, i got giddy here knowing that my verminlord had the artefact allowing him to strike first however he failed his 9 inch charge. He also dropped the last liberators onto the 2nd objective. 
My turn i charged Krondy with the Deciever taking him down to 3 wounds, krondy attacked back but only got 2 wounds through, rest of my army continued moving up taking the 2nd objective but i failed all my charges to the liberators. 

4th turn I finally won a priority, the big ass shuriken finished of Krondy, he blew up dealing 8 MW to the deciever as he lucked out with his 6s. I charged the rest of my army and got everything in surrounding his 3 units of liberators. The doom-flayer came out and wiped out one unit doing something stupid like 18 wounds. The 40 clanrats killed 2 liberators in another group and the 20 killed 1 liberator in the other. The deathmaster that came out didnt do anything, i was kinda scared to place him next to the liberators as i was determined to use the doom flayer first :P (definitely feel like the Deathmaster should have strike first when coming out of hiding).
His turn he moved his star drake and protectors into my swarm, he swallowed the doom flayer (should be an instant kill on the dragon in my eyes :P) and devestated the clanrats.

I won turn 5 priority and simply retreated my clanrats onto the 3rd objective, easily outmanning him with the clanrats and rat swarms due to expert conquerers on clanrats. 

Overall was a really fun game, and picking off Gardus with Slynk just felt very Eshin. The deciever gutting Krondy also felt very good.

My list was:

Verminlord Deceiver General Devious Adversary and Shadow Magnet 

Deathmaster

Sylink n Co

40 Clanrats

20 Clanrats 

20 Stormvermin

15 Gutter Runners

10 Night Runners

Doom Flayer

3 x 2 Rat Swarms 

received_1446464905817188.jpeg

received_774870696978112.jpeg

received_814061156425757.jpeg

received_1431925747284920.jpeg

received_401091275340284.jpeg

received_1256401558489680.jpeg

Based on that game how would you rate the stormvermin and gutter runners now? Glad the doomflayer did some work :)

o and Slynk and the gang? 

Edited by greg19190
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, greg19190 said:

Based on that game how would you rate the stormvermin and gutter runners now? Glad the doomflayer did some work :)

o and Slynk and the gang? 

The stormvermin did nothing but die haha but I never got them into combat, I retreated them to help the deciever when Mr Krondy arrived but he'd killed him before they made it. I feel like they maybe should have a 4 up rally?

The gutters I kinda whiffed with and they where annihilated by Krondys as they should have. I definitely expected more MW though.

Sylnk was awesome, well worth the points. Very high chance of killing any foot hero when the gangs altogether.

• Like 1

The stormvermin did nothing but die haha but I never got them into combat, I retreated them to help the deciever when Mr Krondy arrived but he'd killed him before they made it. I feel like they maybe should have a 4 up rally?

The gutters I kinda whiffed with and they where annihilated by Krondys as they should have. I definitely expected more MW though.

Sylnk was awesome, well worth the points. Very high chance of killing any foot hero when the gangs altogether.

I think the 4+ rally would help them in being damage sponges for the Verminous hero's and hero's on foot. Would be intrested to see if anyone has been able to make warbringer and stormvermin work for there points. 

I think they are good in mobility and deployment sinanigans and sounds like a bad dice role, they have been consistent for me. 

He is one good thing that has been added, I like using him as a attack first and then use the deciver as a 1, 2 punch that generally kills whatever they go in to. Thank you for the battle report 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 4:33 PM, W1tchhunter said:

Was also going to ask why did you reinforsed the gutter runners in to a 15 unit rather than 3 units of 5? 

7 hours ago, W1tchhunter said:

Purely for the Unleash hell. I think haha. 

Ok cool, you had them in your list and I have not thaught about running them as a 15, my thinking was they die so quickly and there leadership is... Skaven... But thinking about it they could be amazing (yours died to quickly) putting a unit of 15 with all the shooting and all the attacks +1 to hit and wound in to a big scary hard to kill hero combat monster with deathfrenzy (of corse)... Could be an Interesting concept 

Edited by greg19190

26 minutes ago, greg19190 said:

Ok cool, you had them in your list and I have not thaught about running them as a 15, my thinking was they die so quickly and there leadership is... Skaven... But thinking about it they could be amazing (yours died to quickly) putting a unit of 15 with all the shooting and all the attacks +1 to hit and wound in to a big scary hard to kill hero combat monster with deathfrenzy (of corse)... Could be an Interesting concept 

Yeah I definitely sent them after the wrong target for sure. I guess 1 drop is better than 3 would be an argument for it to. I was considering having a grey seer on foot to follow them around with death frenzy. 

Wasn't sure what I'd swap it with but I think it would be the stormvermin. Which would leave you with another 145 points to play with, and another reinforcement point.

• Like 1

Yeah I definitely sent them after the wrong target for sure. I guess 1 drop is better than 3 would be an argument for it to. I was considering having a grey seer on foot to follow them around with death frenzy. 

Wasn't sure what I'd swap it with but I think it would be the stormvermin. Which would leave you with another 145 points to play with, and another reinforcement point.

That makes sense, I think it's the flexibility that I like about them, running them in msu so they can just chip at stuff and not overkill. 

I have a game on Friday I plan on bringing a Verminlord warbringer, deciver and maybe up to 4 clawlords and some stormvermin to act as wound taker for them with the 15 Gutter Runner unit.

I want to try the gutter runners your way to see if it workes for me (hopefully role more 6's) I also want to see if the warpstone charm can work and play arround with the clawlords switching command ability.

On the off chance I get dreaded deathfrenzy off will be fun to see a super sayan suicidal clawlord from the new book as well :)

7 minutes ago, greg19190 said:

That makes sense, I think it's the flexibility that I like about them, running them in msu so they can just chip at stuff and not overkill. 

I have a game on Friday I plan on bringing a Verminlord warbringer, deciver and maybe up to 4 clawlords and some stormvermin to act as wound taker for them with the 15 Gutter Runner unit.

I want to try the gutter runners your way to see if it workes for me (hopefully role more 6's) I also want to see if the warpstone charm can work and play arround with the clawlords switching command ability.

On the off chance I get dreaded deathfrenzy off will be fun to see a super sayan suicidal clawlord from the new book as well :)

Awesome post the list when you can! Let us know how Friday goes! The clawlord idea sounds very fun 😛

On 8/17/2022 at 10:33 PM, W1tchhunter said:

Awesome post the list when you can! Let us know how Friday goes! The clawlord idea sounds very fun 😛

Spoiler

Allegiance: Skaven
- Mortal Realm: Ghur
- Grand Strategy: Clawmasters
- Triumphs: Inspired

Leaders
Verminlord Warbringer (395)**
- General
- Command Trait: Devious Adversary
- Artefact: Warpstone Charm
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Verminlord Deceiver (405)*
- Artefact: Shadow Magnet Trinket
- Universal Spell Lore: Flaming Weapon
Clawlord (110)**
Clawlord (110)*
Clawlord (110)*

Battleline
10 x Stormvermin (135)**
- Halberd
10 x Stormvermin (135)**
- Halberd
10 x Stormvermin (135)**
- Halberd
10 x Stormvermin (135)**
- Halberd
15 x Gutter Runners (315)**
- Reinforced x 2

Core Battalions
*Command Entourage - Magnificent
**Battle Regiment

Additional Enhancements
Artefact

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 96
Drops: 4

this is the list no thrills just testing out. will update results probably tomorrow. the stormvermin will have shields...

Edited by greg19190