5kaven5lave

16 minutes ago, Laststand said:

The gnawhole warscroll now says you can teleport once from EACH gnawhole per turn and don't need a hero next to it. Big upgrade and I'm sure there will be movement shenanigans! 

Oh there will be.

just the three clawsteps ahead rule will make certain things will be  a lot more significant.

although the range of having had to be just within changed back to wholly within.

not that it matters too much

the fact that we can now use multiple also makes the gnawbomb a much better artefact.

it was already good and now just became better.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

14 hours ago, frostfire said:

The warscroll of Lauchon the Soulseeker has been changed.

You can teleport Thanquol with it and still move and then shoot and charge.

Seems like a pretty damn strong combo.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think that Lauchon has wholly within 3", making some big-base units impossible to tp (Nagash, Thanquol, etc...).

I'm so ****** lost as a new skaven enjoyer. I got the skavens form Echoes of Doom -box and I've no idea what route i'd like to take with the army. All the options seem great... Thankfully the new clan rules mean that I can mix and match.

Vanguard is good deal, but the Great Plaques really resonate with me.

Too much stuff!

28 minutes ago, haraw said:

I'm so ****** lost as a new skaven enjoyer. I got the skavens form Echoes of Doom -box and I've no idea what route i'd like to take with the army. All the options seem great... Thankfully the new clan rules mean that I can mix and match.

Vanguard is good deal, but the Great Plaques really resonate with me.

Too much stuff!

Personally I would jus lt start with whatever your prefer having.

the varanguard box is an amazing start to the skaven.

Personally the book is fine.

i wouldn’t say great (there are a lot of flaws I’m seeing in this book) but at least they tried and get stuff up to date (sad to see how they desecrated the rules for my poor poor rattling gun weapon team (at least give em an extra rend and a better stat, when they are blowing themself up with a 78% of doing so))

• Like 1

Does it look like an Eshin army is going to be viable in anyway? The runners look kinda terrible, the traits and artefacts look pretty bad compared to the other clans also. I'm not good at list building whatsoever so I'm hoping there's a viable list as Eshin was gonna be my first army.

6 minutes ago, W1tchhunter said:

Does it look like an Eshin army is going to be viable in anyway? The runners look kinda terrible, the traits and artefacts look pretty bad compared to the other clans also. I'm not good at list building whatsoever so I'm hoping there's a viable list as Eshin was gonna be my first army.

The gnawbomb is great, the command trait where your lord can basically not be targeted by any shooting works amazingly good, especially against elves ignoring line of sight 

-edit: but personally I am not certain, if a eshin only build is capable of being viable.

they seem a bit expensive and their mortal wound output l, still being a buff, is a bit hard to judge especially with their current points.

I still have a feeling that the underworld eshin warband is the better choice to take rather then a deathmaster and a unit of 5 gutter runners.

it is cheaper, and seems better.

the traits and artefact seem to be great addition to a verminlord deceiver 

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

Maybe I'm wrong but I think that Lauchon has wholly within 3", making some big-base units impossible to tp (Nagash, Thanquol, etc...).

Thanquol is on a 90*52mm base iirc which is identical to the soulseeker. It could fit in.

Actually I think Thanquol is the best wizard who can be transported with boat because there is no other wizard on such a small base (even if Arcane Tome considered) could fight as hard as Thanquol. Thanquol alone would make the soulseeker hilariously too good.

Edited by frostfire
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, frostfire said:

Thanquol is on a 90*52mm base iirc which is identical to the soulseeker. It could fit in.

Actually I think Thanquol is the best wizard who can be transported with boat because there is no other wizard on such a small base (even if Arcane Tome considered) could fight as hard as Thanquol. Thanquol alone would make the soulseeker hilariously too good.

Time to convert a Warpstone powered ferry it seems. 

Well, the hype is real!! Haha

Seriously, there's a lot to digest... Skavenbrew can be used once per turn now, the Clawlord can actually make a unit within 3" to ignore battleshock... I can see a Deceiver/Deathmaster with a unit of 15 Gutter Runners being battleline with 45 shot doing MW on 6s (or I'm crazy)... Monks seem to be worth taking as well due to the rend -2 with 6s, being line with a single Priest...

There are a bunch of combinations and lots of fun as Skaven should be

Not sure where I sit on skaven. The new GHB coming out at the same time really messes up what they have. If they were dropping into the meta now i'd say they are great, but with the new bounty hunters the most powerful units in the book become super glass cannons. 

An example is clan rats. Who can get nasty. Skavenbrew, claw lord, double death frenzy, +1 hit/wound, 5" range attack on 60 models can put out 180 attacks, swinging again on death 2 damage each in bounty hunters against the right targets.  Even with out bounty hunters you could kill just about anything with that.  That said on the swing back they turn to dust because bounty hunters swings both ways.  You could drop these to 40s with just swords and they'd still be quite deadl;y reguardly getting ~120 attacks in. 

The above dynamic would be fine if they were fast, but they are about normal movement so you won't really pick all of your fights, and you might not often get to charge first.  

This is the case through out the book as it doesn't really play well with the new GHB. potentially you could go for holding objectives with your special units.

Was there any way to pick prayers for the sceaming bell? Like a command trait or something? I would really love to swap out the plague priests in my list for Screaming Bells, as it would make things a lot better.

Heck, I even looked into whether I could just buy curse as extra enhancements, but the rules clearly state that the priest key word. Fingers crossed that there may be something that I haven't heard yet...

39 minutes ago, bonzai said:

Was there any way to pick prayers for the sceaming bell? Like a command trait or something? I would really love to swap out the plague priests in my list for Screaming Bells, as it would make things a lot better.

Heck, I even looked into whether I could just buy curse as extra enhancements, but the rules clearly state that the priest key word. Fingers crossed that there may be something that I haven't heard yet...

No there isn’t

Rat Ogors lost their mutations but Toughned Senews is now integrated into ther profile. So they are all 6W with 4+ save and they hit on 3+ (4+ when shooting). 

They are 140pts for 2, and one unit can be battleline for each Master Moulder in the army. 

As for the Master Moulder his Crack the whip is a flat +3 to M and charge rolls and adds 1 to wound. Also his comand ability to resummon a lost unit is on a 3+ now. So huge boosts to Clan Moulder. Basically your 90pts hero is capable of summoning back a full 420pts units (not bad at all) if you go all the Moulder way.

There is a way also to make a Master Moulder the only small  hero with 10W that heals 1W a turn with an item, and a trait to use his beasts as bodyguards on 3+. So the Master Moulder is quite survivable now and can hit ok (4A 4+/4+ -1 D2)

Edited by tupavko

6 hours ago, tupavko said:

Rat Ogors lost their mutations but Toughned Senews is now integrated into ther profile. So they are all 6W with 4+ save and they hit on 3+ (4+ when shooting). 

They are 140pts for 2, and one unit can be battleline for each Master Moulder in the army. 

As for the Master Moulder his Crack the whip is a flat +3 to M and charge rolls and adds 1 to wound. Also his comand ability to resummon a lost unit is on a 3+ now. So huge boosts to Clan Moulder. Basically your 90pts hero is capable of summoning back a full 420pts units (not bad at all) if you go all the Moulder way.

There is a way also to make a Master Moulder the only small  hero with 10W that heals 1W a turn with an item, and a trait to use his beasts as bodyguards on 3+. So the Master Moulder is quite survivable now and can hit ok (4A 4+/4+ -1 D2)

There is actually a trait where he gives dighting beasts a +1 to hit and wound roles.

could be a great combination with 2 or more hell pits.

13 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

There is actually a trait where he gives dighting beasts a +1 to hit and wound roles.

There’s an argument here for running MSU rat ogors. Less need to worry about battleshock with MSU, rat ogors no longer get mutations so no need to have large units, the trait is a range so would cover several units, and the MM is bringing them back on a 3+. Also possible to give MM the artefact for 10 wounds and healing (edit:I see that was already mentioned on a previous post)

Sounds like my pure moulder list might still get some play time. I’m just salty that the list i took to a tournament a few weeks ago (and came 3rd) now costs 2500 points!!

Edited by Cosmicsheep

9 minutes ago, Enkyridion said:

Hey guys,

I've noticed that in the app update you cannot give Thanquol none of the Grey Seer spells... Is that something new?

As of 3rd ed., yeah. Unique heroes can't be given enhancements at all, including the 'free' spell enhancement you always get. 

• Sad 1

Hello guys. I'm interested in maybe starting a Skaven force. I know that I want all the randomness all the time. I'm not looking to win tournaments but I'm also not interested in unplayable garbage. Can you give me some pointers?

Clan Skrye is probably the most randomness, right? Aesthetically I also love the Screaming Bell! Is there a box or Start Collecting box etc. that would make a good start?

10 minutes ago, Causalis said:

Hello guys. I'm interested in maybe starting a Skaven force. I know that I want all the randomness all the time. I'm not looking to win tournaments but I'm also not interested in unplayable garbage. Can you give me some pointers?

Clan Skrye is probably the most randomness, right? Aesthetically I also love the Screaming Bell! Is there a box or Start Collecting box etc. that would make a good start?

Yes clan skryre is the most random thing in the army.

With the old battletome I would have given you the tipp to start with a few rattling guns, not because they are awesome at winning, but rather that they can be pretty fun,

they were extremely random, yet buffs that made them better were always a great addition to a ratting gun, making them sometimes a force to fear from and other tome a force well that killed themself.

currently it feels like a missed opportunity, since your paying for a rattling gun where you really always have to be certain that the gun dies turn one because of your own roles.

since there aren’t many buffs you can really give a rattling gun, without feeling that it is a miss, the reward for taking the risk of it almost always blowing up the first time just win’t be worth it.

that is probably one of the units that I feel isn’t worth playing.

giant rats are currently overpriced, but with those two exception, I really think that the skaven are at a good place, with almost all of their units.

ps: The screaming bell is in a weird spot.

not much more I can say to that.

Gosh I figured this thread would be drowning in lists by now! :P

Got a 1K tournament coming up and came up with this (probably terrible) Eshin list. Got alot more to paint but finished the warband and Deathmaster last night! 

- Army Faction: Skaven

- Grand Strategy: Masters of Execution

- Triumph: Indomitable

LEADERS

Deathmaster (165)*

- General

- Command Traits: Unrivalled Killer

- Artefacts of Power: Gnawbomb

Slynk Skittershank (225)*

BATTLELINE

Clanrats (100)*

- Clanrat Standard Bearer