5kaven5lave

4 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

There are no words I could use to describe this marvelous looking paintjob.

ps: is that a 3d print?

Gee thanks! 

Yeah its by a guy known as EmanG he's basically done every single skaven unit from total warhammer 2 and modelled them pretty much perfectly. The files are completely free to use, I luckily have a guy who has a printer in my group, he printed it for me 

Skaven are my favourite race in the setting but the models put me off, but after finding EmanGs treasure trove I've just jumped right in! Got a unit of 20 total warhammer stormvermin lined up next.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, W1tchhunter said:

Gee thanks! 

Yeah its by a guy known as EmanG he's basically done every single skaven unit from total warhammer 2 and modelled them pretty much perfectly. The files are completely free to use, I luckily have a guy who has a printer in my group, he printed it for me 

Skaven are my favourite race in the setting but the models put me off, but after finding EmanGs treasure trove I've just jumped right in! Got a unit of 20 total warhammer stormvermin lined up next.

That is perfect!

if those come out great I might need to get a luck at the night/gutter/ death runner files

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

That is perfect!

if those come out great I might need to get a luck at the night/gutter/ death runner files

Annoyingly (I say this as lightly as possible as he's done the others for free) the eshin units are some of the only units he hasn't done :(

I plan on using the Ravenous Hordes prints though. They do have there own unique ratmen look to them however they are covered enough with wraps that's it's not noticeable, so they should fit in.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

When grots think they have the better dobby,

yes-yes mutated dobby much-much better.

bonebreaker rat ogre will kill-eat more then dobby

293F259C-3A23-4F88-8764-1D1B0511C1F3.jpeg

13287554-308C-4389-9C4D-A230C31E493C.jpeg

71F834E9-C6FB-4A7B-B10B-250DF62F6AEE.jpeg

C66D3A32-FA2E-4606-BB5E-93FF969C2EC8.jpeg

637FE600-6828-477E-AFCB-770765841DED.jpeg

CCDD1F32-4C69-474C-93F1-262410CC75EF.jpeg

He's creepy as hell! What can he count as in game? Just Thanquol? I noticed the clawlord on broodmother isn't a thing on the app anymore :(

3 minutes ago, DocKeule said:

He has been moved to the "Warhammer Legends" section but he is still in the app.

Yeah true, I play matched though so can't use it :P do we know why it was moved? Other than Thanquol there isn't a mounted hero on monster so seems weird. 

2 hours ago, W1tchhunter said:

He's creepy as hell! What can he count as in game? Just Thanquol? I noticed the clawlord on broodmother isn't a thing on the app anymore :(

I’m probably going to use the anvil of apotheosis rules to make him a playable character.

personally I’m just going to use him in my club were such rules are allowed to be used in matched play.

3 hours ago, W1tchhunter said:

Yeah true, I play matched though so can't use it :P do we know why it was moved? Other than Thanquol there isn't a mounted hero on monster so seems weird. 

I think they are moving everything there that isn't sold anymore.

26 minutes ago, DocKeule said:

I think they are moving everything there that isn't sold anymore.

So basically everything skaven😂
the book probably contains the following sentence: “ thank you for having bought this for 50 dollars, sadly we have to announce to all of you skaven players that your army is no longer playable in matched play,

Cheers gw”😂

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Most stuff is still available at least online.

But yeah, I still expect some roster-cuts in the new book. 

There was a List going around about when the current models were first released. (It isn't 100 % correct -the Dommflayer for example is resin not metal).

I saw it coming up regarding the new Sylvaneth-Skaven box and how much of a bargain is may or may not be. It is kind of silly how much money GW asks vor thirteen year old models. 

The Eshin sculpts are more than 20 years old. I mean seriously...

There is still a little hope for some updates like when they gave Bloodknights a facelift when the Gravelord book came out last year. But I think our problem is that Skaven don't have that many players starting new armies and buying a lot of models. Most I know are long time rat-players who do a maintenance purchase every now and then - often second hand.

And that shows. When the Carrion Empire box came out three years ago you could still get it (or the Skaven part) for month after the release. Right now the swap groups are full of Sylvaneth players trying to sell the Skaven models from the new box for very little money and they aren't finding many buyers. 

1 hour ago, DocKeule said:

Most stuff is still available at least online.

But yeah, I still expect some roster-cuts in the new book. 

There was a List going around about when the current models were first released. (It isn't 100 % correct -the Dommflayer for example is resin not metal).

I saw it coming up regarding the new Sylvaneth-Skaven box and how much of a bargain is may or may not be. It is kind of silly how much money GW asks vor thirteen year old models. 

The Eshin sculpts are more than 20 years old. I mean seriously...

There is still a little hope for some updates like when they gave Bloodknights a facelift when the Gravelord book came out last year. But I think our problem is that Skaven don't have that many players starting new armies and buying a lot of models. Most I know are long time rat-players who do a maintenance purchase every now and then - often second hand.

And that shows. When the Carrion Empire box came out three years ago you could still get it (or the Skaven part) for month after the release. Right now the swap groups are full of Sylvaneth players trying to sell the Skaven models from the new box for very little money and they aren't finding many buyers. 

Firstly,

i doubt that gw is reducing our range by much more.

if they wanted to throw out everything that was made of meta resin or looked bad, they would have to remove almost everything.

we would loose:

clan moulder:

master moulder, packmasters, rat ogres, giant rats

Clan eshin:

night/gutter runners.

clan skryre:

skryre acolytes,

Arch warlock, warlock engineer, all weapon teams.

clan pestilence,

plague monks, censer bearers, plague priest on foot.

at this point we would be an army

that has basically Nothing left.

I doubt this will happen, unless the person who was hired by gw to talk about skaven wasn’t informed correctly and/or was telling a lie when he said he wanted to start an eshin army.

if every

thing is gone that wouldn’t be possible.

as for the skaven in total,

it is true that many of us are probably long time skaven fans, yet in my area rhere have been about 6 person starting a skaven army.

and I have met a lot more people that would actually like starting them yet are disgusted of the monkey-things the skaven have in their range.

a range refresh could actually get gw more people into skaven then probably stormcast could have ever done.

truly skaven are the master race, if gw would just do their job correctly.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Firstly,

i doubt that gw is reducing our range by much more.

if they wanted to throw out everything that was made of meta resin or looked bad, they would have to remove almost everything.

we would loose:

clan moulder:

master moulder, packmasters, rat ogres, giant rats

Clan eshin:

night/gutter runners.

clan skryre:

skryre acolytes,

Arch warlock, warlock engineer, all weapon teams.

clan pestilence,

plague monks, censer bearers, plague priest on foot.

at this point we would be an army

that has basically Nothing left.

I doubt this will happen, unless the person who was hired by gw to talk about skaven wasn’t informed correctly and/or was telling a lie when he said he wanted to start an eshin army.

if every

thing is gone that wouldn’t be possible.

as for the skaven in total,

it is true that many of us are probably long time skaven fans, yet in my area rhere have been about 6 person starting a skaven army.

and I have met a lot more people that would actually like starting them yet are disgusted of the monkey-things the skaven have in their range.

a range refresh could actually get gw more people into skaven then probably stormcast could have ever done.

truly skaven are the master race, if gw would just do their job correctly.

This exactly, I was one of them. I started AOS about 3 years ago and skaven were my first choice but the models just put me off completely. But with 3D printing it doesn't matter now. That being said if GW did update any of the sculpts I'll be 3D printing I'd still buy them, but as it stands I ain't paying the current prices for dog ****** models when I can pay less than half for quality models ripped from my favourite game Total Warhammer. 

So Rally being modified has happened now a few times, like the Fyreslayer banner allowing it on a 4+.

Wonder if skaven will get something similar? Bell would have been a shout but the rules leaked for that don't have it.

Maybe another model or army wide? Altho clanrats already heal d3 for now....and rallying isnt very thematic, atleast under a diff name

3 minutes ago, Adammck66 said:

So Rally being modified has happened now a few times, like the Fyreslayer banner allowing it on a 4+.

Wonder if skaven will get something similar? Bell would have been a shout but the rules leaked for that don't have it.

Maybe another model or army wide? Altho clanrats already heal d3 for now....and rallying isnt very thematic, atleast under a diff name

Apparently there were some slight rule chances for the nighthaunt warscrolls.

maybe the bell might get something that makes it interesting jn addition(?)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I think rallying requires things to be brave....the rats aren't very brave.  But spawning more from holes in the ground makes sense, presumably where the Clanrats get reinforcements from every turn?

I'm fully expecting a command trait where you can rally on a 5+ which might be handy

So, i came 3rd at a local tournament yesterday with a Clans Moulder list much to my surprise

Spoiler

Thanquol

3 x Master Moulder (1 with Rabid Crown)

6 x Giant Rats

2 x 6 Rat Ogors

2 x Hell Pit

Game 1: Power Struggle vs StD (with Archaon) - LOSS

Archaon sat on the centre objective all match and i avoided him until round 5. The rest of his army hung back and kept the objectives. I did eventually push up to his rear guard but he'd removed one of my objectives in turn 3 leaving me too many points behind

Game 2: Power In Numbers vs Stormcast (with longstrikes and dracothian guards) - WIN

I dropped first and opted to let my opponent go first since i couldn't really get out of range of the longstrikes. He took out 1 hellpit immediately scuppering my chance at Ferocious Advance with 3 monsters so had to Metamorphosis 1 MM into a monster. Didn't get the double turn but did keep giant rats covering all the bases and stopping him from dropping in behind. Longstrikes almost killed Thanquol but the Dracothian Guard finished him off. Managed to hold my nerve and cash out 2 objectives in turn 5 for a maximum 8pts each but came down to winning the priority on that last turn. A close call

Game 3: Vice vs Skaven (3 WLC, Bell, 30 SV)

Opted to go first and pushed up the board as fast as possible. WLCs target 1 hellpit but rolled 5's for power but killed half a unit of rat ogors. Used Feral Roar on my wounded hellpit to destroy the unit of 30 Stormvermin comprehensively and take one of his objectives.  WLCs targeted Thanquol while my 2nd hellpit sat on the centre objective. My opponent rolled a 12 on the bell (for the 2nd time that day) and i had to lend him a Verminlord !! Thanquol managed to decimate a unit of 40 clanrats before he died but the damage was already done and i took the win.

Really enjoyed all 3 games and very happy with my list. Had alternating success with bringing back units with the MM. One game it worked 3 times, the next game not at all. Same with Thanquol, one game i didn't make a single ward save! Such is the randomness of Skaven i suppose 🙄

Edited by Cosmicsheep
  • Like 2

Well...

The Masterclan bodyguard rule is nice and you don't even need Stormvermin for that. The three hero rule is extremely swingy. If your first run or charge is good - nice. If not 🤷‍♂️

The Verminus rule is basically a nerf. We had that for free and now will have to spend our heroic action to get an extra command trait on a non-general Clawlord. Sure now you can switch traits but I am not sure if that is that big of an improvement.

The Eshin rule looks good on paper but it heavily depends on decent warscrolls for Eshin units (maybe some stealth-abilities to get to their targets) and bringing some models people would want to buy, paint and play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tizianolol said:

But about warhammer community spoilers.  Eshin with 3 heroes: you got +1 hit and wound vs all enemy heroes but only in melee, if I got 1 only eshin hero its +1 hit and wound melee and shooting.. is this intended?

The general consensus is the effects are cumulative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tizianolol said:

But about warhammer community spoilers.  Eshin with 3 heroes: you got +1 hit and wound vs all enemy heroes but only in melee, if I got 1 only eshin hero its +1 hit and wound melee and shooting.. is this intended?

3 minutes ago, Chase said:

The general consensus is the effects are cumulative.

I’m not certain, from what I understand is that basically with 1 hero you can only chose a single enemy hero.

with 3, all enemy heroes give your eshin units that buff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DocKeule said:

The Verminus rule is basically a nerf. We had that for free and now will have to spend our heroic action to get an extra command trait on a non-general Clawlord. Sure now you can switch traits but I am not sure if that is that big of an improvement.

Well considering that you could nominate a clalword as your general, he could have 2 traits in a turn.

depending what they are this could even be great.