5kaven5lave

12 minutes ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

@Skreech Verminking Mind linking which FAQ you're referring to? I re-read both of those spells and technically doesnt say "up to   D3 different targets" so now im curious. Ive never used them that way.

Going to write to you back in a few hours.

Am currently occupied with a game of aos

• Like 2

On 11/20/2021 at 12:39 PM, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

@Skreech Verminking Mind linking which FAQ you're referring to? I re-read both of those spells and technically doesnt say "up to   D3 different targets" so now im curious. Ive never used them that way.

The faq @Cosmicsheep just put into this forum, basically proves the theory.

since the effect of a spell is considered to be an ability although I’m currently not very certain were I have read this (it was either an faq or the core rules), those d3 units spells can be put onto a single unit, the idea works.

(ps: I might need some time till I’m able to find the page with the clarification, of an effect of a spell considered being an ability.

On 11/20/2021 at 1:01 PM, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

Also I just discovered picking generic command traits for clawlords. why? maybe i want command points on a 5+

Definitely, although you could always take the cunning commandtrait on a grey seer (and laugh at your enemies at that one time they aren’t able to get any command traits) and have like the devious adversary or brital fury command trait on you clawlord, to make it a deathfrenzy ticking bomb, that literally goes haywire when he gets charged by some stupid death-star unit 

I call this one "Pestilens Brings Bowling Ball". could refer to my Warp Sun of Skvenblight or the very fast anvil/hammer allies. Theres a lot that can happen with this list but i believe i have a tool for every job. Enjoy.

Allegiance: Skaventide
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line - Triumphs:
LEADERS
Chaos Lord on Karkadrak (225)**
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle - Allies
Verminlord Corruptor (285)
- General
- Command Trait: Master of Magic - Artefact: Liber Bubonicus
- Universal Spell Lore: Levitate
Arch-Warlock (175)*
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Clawlord (105)**
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Skilled Leader
Plague Priest (85)**
- Artefact: Blistrevous the Living Cyst - Universal Prayer Scripture: Curse
UNITS
5 x Chaos Knights (170)
- Cursed Lance
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle - Allies
10 x Stormvermin (110)*
- Halberd
10 x Stormvermin (110)*
- Halberd & Shield
10 x Night Runners (85)*
10 x Night Runners (85)*
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)**
20 x Clanrats (130)*
- Rusty Spear
ARTILLERY
Warplock Jezzails (290)*
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS
Purple Sun of Shyish (70)
CORE BATTALIONS
*Battle Regiment
**Warlord
ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS Artefact
       TOTAL: 1995/2000
WOUNDS: 127

LEADERS: 5/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 1/4 ARTEFACTS: 2/1 ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 1/3 ALLIES: 395/400 REINFORCED UNITS: 1/4 DROPS: 7

• LOVE IT! 1

33 minutes ago, Cosmicsheep said:

@Riff_Raff_Rascal looks a fun list, but not legal for match play I think. Nurgle are only allies if the rest of your list is pure pestilence, right?

No, only the general must have the pestilence keyword to allow nurgle to be the Ally of a Skaventide army

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Warbossironteef said:

New to Skaven. Had anyone has any success using heavy Acolytes in 3rd ed? Id love to hear from experienced players if they are any good or any combos to use.

They are currently a good an cheap meatshield unit in a skryre army.

Since their min. Size is restricted, you’ll be able to field them in a max. Size of 10 or 15 if your playing them in a skryre army.

and 15 skryre acolytes just aren’t able to deal damage.

so currently they are just pretty boldly put somewhat of a good meatshield unit with benefits, I guess.

I’m very sorry if that isn’t what you wanted to hear,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warbossironteef said:

Just looking for insight. Appreciate it!

Just one more thing,

if you looking for skryre acolytes, your better of converting yours out of clanrats, stormvermin, plague monks, and some other bitz, or looking for third party models (like punga miniatures)

they often look better then the actual skaven acolytes, and are much more affordable, then having to pay 20 bugs per model

14 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I wouldn't say only being able to run Acolytes in 10-15 is too bad.  I mean in Skryre they're battleline right?  So you could run 4x10, plus some Stormfiends.  They can all still shoot stuff!

Sure, yet of those 4 units of 10 acolytes only one unit will be able to reroll their hit and to wound roles, while depending on the ct, their might be another one able to at leas reroll their hit roles.

And the other 2 units of acolytes will each do an average of 3 damage in the shooting phase.

If your looking for a list capable of killing giants this isn’t quit it.

But I do agree.

playing an Army of 40acolyte is quite fun.

and in units of 5 they can be a decently good meatshields unit.

Just now, Nqshou said:

Any hope that the new Nurgle battletome could male pestilien skaven army competitive?

All pestilence currently need, is a size increase for plague monks.

That chance could do a lot for pestilence on its own.

now I’m just hoping gw understands the current struggle for meatshields elite horde and semi elite horde units.

size increases at this point really is needed 

38 minutes ago, Nqshou said:

Any hope that the new Nurgle battletome could male pestilien skaven army competitive?

Frankly, I think all the fun stuff they're gonna get is decentralized and not on the warscrolls. At minimum we need updated 3.0 wording to to make nurgle a fun addition, as well as the small but powerful adjustment of unit sizes. Its more likely nurgle will get more benefit outta of us being allies. Like STD armies we have a unique position as allies because of keyword bingo overlap (nurgle) for abilities and what-not. That said, if they at minimum give Glotkin a 5+ ward, he becomes a playable ally/beast. 

So, I've been using this list and winning some games... Jezzails + 6 Fiends seems to work pretty well, 2 hammers that can remove support heroes very effectively at long range and opponents tend to split fire and that is the big mistake...

Army Name: Skaven
Army Faction: Skaven
Battlepack: Pitched Battles
Points Limit: 2000 pts
General: Arch-Warlock
Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
Triumph: Inspired
Units
    Arch-Warlock (General)
        Battlefield Role: Leader
        Command Traits: Verminous Valour
        Artefacts of Power: Amulet of Destiny
        Points Cost: 175 pts
    Verminlord Warpseer
        Battlefield Role: Behemoth, Leader
        Spells: Flaming Weapon
        Points Cost: 335 pts
    Clanrats
        Battlefield Role: Battleline
        Points Cost: 130 pts
    Clanrats
    Clanrats
    Warplock Jezzails
        Battlefield Role: Artillery
        Reinforced: Once
        Points Cost: 290 pts
    Stormfiends
        Battlefield Role: Other
        Reinforced: Once
        Points Cost: 630 pts
    Stormvermin
        Points Cost: 110 pts
Endless Spells/Invocations
    Emerald Lifeswarm
        Points Cost: 60 pts
Total Points: 1990 pts
Valid: Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

I’m going to take part at a tournament tomorrow and this is my list:

- Mortal Realm: Chamon
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery - Triumphs: Inspired
LEADERS
Arch-Warlock (175)*
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny
Warlock Bombardier (125)*
- Artefact: Vial of the Fulminator - Universal Spell Lore: Levitate
 UNITS
3 x Stormfiends (315)**
- 01 x Windlaunchers
- 01 x Ratling Cannons
- 01 x Doomflayer Gauntlets
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (65)** 5 x Skryre Acolytes (65)** 1 x Doomwheel (165)***
1 x Doomwheel (165)***
ARTILLERY
Warp Lightning Cannon (185)
Warp Lightning Cannon (185) CORE BATTALIONS
*Command Entourage - Magnificent **Hunters of the Heartlands ***Alpha-Beast Pack
ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
    Artefact
 TOTAL: 1950/2000
LEADERS: 3/6
ARTEFACTS: 2/1 ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 0/3
BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)
BEHEMOTHS: 2/4
ARTILLERY: 3/4 ALLIES: 0/400

No idea, if I’m going to win, but at least nobody is going to have such a heavily converted army as mine.

and almost everything in this army is random.😝😂

• Like 2

On 11/27/2021 at 9:55 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

I’m going to take part at a tournament tomorrow and this is my list:

- Mortal Realm: Chamon
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery - Triumphs: Inspired
LEADERS
Arch-Warlock (175)*
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny
- Artefact: Vial of the Fulminator - Universal Spell Lore: Levitate
 UNITS
3 x Stormfiends (315)**
- 01 x Windlaunchers
- 01 x Ratling Cannons
- 01 x Doomflayer Gauntlets
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (65)** 5 x Skryre Acolytes (65)** 1 x Doomwheel (165)***
1 x Doomwheel (165)***
ARTILLERY
Warp Lightning Cannon (185) CORE BATTALIONS
*Command Entourage - Magnificent **Hunters of the Heartlands ***Alpha-Beast Pack
ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
    Artefact
 TOTAL: 1950/2000
LEADERS: 3/6
ARTEFACTS: 2/1 ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 0/3
BATTLELINES: 3 (3+)
BEHEMOTHS: 2/4
ARTILLERY: 3/4 ALLIES: 0/400

No idea, if I’m going to win, but at least nobody is going to have such a heavily converted army as mine.

and almost everything in this army is random.😝😂

How did it go? Did the big large artillery battery work? 

10 hours ago, greg19190 said:

How did it go? Did the big large artillery battery work? 

Well, I had the chance to witness all three possibilities that came with the warplightning cannons😁.

My first game was against the sons of behemat.

Since my army literally was a 15-16 drop my opponent out dropped me, took first turn, brought his giants on every objective markers, and was able to make an 11 inch charge into my peft flank, where my skryre acolytes died of a horrendous charge, and my warplightning cannon by overcharging (although he did 11 wounds to the giant (7came through because of the amulet)

another giant was able to snipe one of my heroes, because for some reason, those boulders thrown by the big giants somehow do 5 damage each with a rend of -3.

and with that said my first turn started, me trying to shoot everything at his giant, yet I mistakenly moved one of my rattling guns, which allowed his general to move 6

Inches away, making it impossible for almost halve my army to shoot (very sad).

and Then there were my two warplightning cannons, that all did around 24 mortal wounds (of which he saved a very good amount) leaving him at 13 wounds remaining.

yet my cannons died tragically while overcharging.

so I basically lost all of my worthwile shooting units turn 1.

my opponent won the roll of and took it, killing of the rest of my army.

major loss for the skaven.

my second battle round was against a troggoth player.

he of course outcropped me again, took the first turn, was able to cast hand of gork (or mork?) and was able to teleort a small unit of rockgut troggoths.

he then proceeded to move his unit of 9 troggoths up, and was able to make an 11 inch charge with them as well as a 9inch charge with his smaller unit.

since I knew i needed the smallee unit gone, I went so far to deal 11 mortal wounds on them with an unleash hell from my warplightning cannon, leaving 1 with 1 wound remaining.

his 9troggoth straight out forward went on a killing spree, able to remove both of my doomwheels as well as the warlock bombardier buffing them.

in my first turn, I started to basically just kill most of his army.

As a battle tactic I took the destroy battleline one, choosing the troggoth on 1 wound remaining.

I then proceeded overcharging a warplightning storm into the rockgut trogs, dealing two whole mortal wounds on them, which they saved.

in the shooting phase, my warplightning cannons rattling guns, and stormfiends went all out into the unit of 9 troggoths, killing 6 of them and leaving three alive (did another 18 mortal wounds on them with both cannons)

and on my left flank I was able to deal 12 mortal wounds on a u it of 6 fellwater troggoth, while killing the rest of those trogs with an overcharged doomrocket.

a d his dobby took another 7wounds trhougb my skryre acolytes.

that really was a fantastic turn for me.

i was also able to kill one of those bigger trolls, with a single rattling gun weapon team.

in the combat phase i killed of another 2 rockgut trogs with my stormfiends, yet 1 still remained,

yet  my general, who had a 2+ save, and a 5++ ward  with 6 wounds was unable to save himself.

so that single rockgut troggoth who had 2 attacks coming through and did a total o 6 damage, which I didn’t save a single dice, killed of my general (that really wasn’t what I expected would happen)

at least he fled, giving me the battle tactic. 

we rolled of and my opponent was able to get the next turn.

To revenge his dying brethrens, his general, the trogboss charge my stormfiends, while his dobby went all into the acolytes, which sadly meant the end for both units.

in my turn, I chose to kill of his general, ran with my last bomabrdier, towards the gnawhole, and teleported him to my other two cannons remaining, allowing me to overcharge one of them, dealing another 12 mortal wounds to his general, and kiloing it with that.

and of course I overcharge his doomrocket, and was able to deal 9 wounds on a nearby trogboss like troll.

in the third turn, my opponent got priority, charge my warplightning cannon, while my bomabrdier was shoot to death by a big mortal wounding rock from the rockguts.

the 6remainging rockguts, which he got back through rally, charged the other warplightning cannon killing it of.

my other warplightning cannon was somehow able to kill the big troll, who had 1 wound remaining.

Yet, with my round 4 the game ended, since I’ve lost everything but one single warplightning cannon.

so I heroically sacrificed it for the greater good.

major loss for the skaven

my third game was against a lumineth player.

since we were around 36inches apart the lumineth player who had the choice gave me the first turn, which allowed me to cast levitate and mmmwp onto one of my doomwheel.

that one doomwheel, was then able to move 36 inches up, dealing a ton of mortal wounds to halve his army, while shooting of his bowmen, and killing in the charge phase not one but 2 support heroes , through mortal wounds and

An unit of spearmen.

in total around 600 points died because of that one doomwheel (I was enjoying this moment very much, my opponent not so much).

yet the game should end with teclis getting a double turn, casting his aoe d6 mortal wound spell twice before I got to go, which meant that with taking 2d6 mortal wounds on every unit in my army, I have basically lost everything.

loosing the game, and ending it with that.

(yet I did a got job), considering that nothing but teclis and his fox were remaining alive.

end of third battle 

major loss for the skaven.

Edit:

I personally enjoyed all of those match ups, and my opponent all were kind person laughing with them and making jokes was a lot fun.

personally the army really isn’t meant to win games, but I knew that when I wrote it, considering how much randomness it has in it, and how fragile it is.

• Like 1