5kaven5lave

1 hour ago, Cosmicsheep said:

This FAQ answer means that Spell Portals can be used for casting endless spells as well as normal spells

A12E1316-9DD2-4800-B619-33A90BCAE68C.jpeg

the archwarlock yes :) not sure about the warplightning vortex through spell portal.

warplightning vortex is an endless spell not a spell so carnt move through it, it is not predatory so carnt move through it at the end of the hero phase... 

i think this is more for the Saurus Astrolith Bearer.

I want it to be trew but when there are better magic races that could abuse this more than us i would rather it isnt true, Tecla's rune of petrifaction... stuff like that. love the work pointing out the archwarlock though :)

I stand corrected thank you for the clip. cast is not in bold in the section but it is there... so yer will have to get a spell portal now and hope for the best :) also shards of valagharr would be quite devastating to come through at the end :) grayseer on bell with cracks call next turn... gorse...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SaucyRatBear said:

On the Arch-Warlock spell, yes it has the weakness of blowing up if it fails or is dispelled but would the Arch-Warlock paired with Warp-Lightning Cannons be our best bet for killing things like Gotrek? That's alot of potential mortal wounds (for either side of course)

No…

our best bet would be curse with clanrats or curse with rattling guns.

warplightning cannon or the arch warlock would each only do a single mortal wound to gotrek, which he can then still try and negate on a 3+

Edited by Skreech Verminking

3 hours ago, fishwaffle2232 said:

Does this work for spells though. It says "abilities" and when reading the core rules, they do seem to refer to "spells" and "abilities" as different things. 

It is pretty sneaky, I would check with your TO tho before doing it. Long thread about it on FB. 

240957342_10165561576615445_9179979605148220291_n.jpeg

My 2 drop list (thanks to hidden weapon team) even if it says something different:

Allegiance: Skaventide
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Indomitable
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (265)
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap
Arch-Warlock (175)*
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction  
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny (Universal Artefact)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Plague Priest on Plague Furnace (245)*
- Universal Prayer Scripture: Curse
60 x Clanrats (390)*
- Rusty Spear
- Reinforced x 2
60 x Clanrats (390)*
- Rusty Spear
- Reinforced x 2
10 x Stormvermin (110)*
- Halberd & Shield
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Warp-Grinder (75)*
*Battle Regiment

Total: 1985 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 4 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 180
Drops: 7

What I’m basically trying to do with this list is to, drop one unit of clanrats (with all of the weapon teams hidden in it, onto the front line pf my enemy, and next to an objective, skitterleap the arch warlock in range of the weapon teams that will be revealed at some points and take the paths of the deep (gnawholes) to teleport the plague priest on furnace into range of the unit of clanrats.

this will not only give me the chance to deal a ton of damage to my opponent, but also be able to have a good chunk of clanrats protecting them, while the priest will be able to cast curse onto any enemy foe, the next turn.

what are your thoughts on it?

19.3 ENDLESS SPELLS Q: Do things that increase the range of a caster’s spells also apply to the distance at which an endless spell can be set up from the caster? A: Yes.

Hello balewind vortex + waprlightning vortex ♥

Edit: Wait a minute - is balewind vortex no longer usable?

Edited by gronnelg

1 hour ago, gronnelg said:

19.3 ENDLESS SPELLS Q: Do things that increase the range of a caster’s spells also apply to the distance at which an endless spell can be set up from the caster? A: Yes.

Hello balewind vortex + waprlightning vortex ♥

Edit: Wait a minute - is balewind vortex no longer usable?

Yes and no.

currently the balewind vortex is only useable, if your opponents allows you to do so.

in other words, it is a legend endless spell, that very likely won’t see the tables in tournament plays at all.

13 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yes and no.

currently the balewind vortex is only useable, if your opponents allows you to do so.

in other words, it is a legend endless spell, that very likely won’t see the tables in tournament plays at all.

They updated the warscroll in the recent FAQ did they not?

Edit: Bah, nevermind.

Edited by Darkhan

1 hour ago, Patriot1fan02 said:

I was wondering if I am able to take toughened sinews on both a hell pit abomination & rat ogors if I have a master moulder? 

As the mutations are under hideous abominations (hellpit only) and the other is under big-big rat ogres (rat ogers only) I would say yes you can take both,

no faq has said otherwise and it's like taking Verminous Valour on claw Lord (for free) and taking it as a command traits for you general as they are in different named boxes with the clan - hero only under that making them different. Hope it helps 

Got a more generalized question but with all the re-rolling that Skaven get this may be a very pertinent question. In core rules 1.5.4 the key part states "If a rule allows you to re-roll an xd6 roll, you must re-roll all of the dice used for the roll." So does that mean that we have to re-roll even the successful ones? So for example if I take Clan Eshin my Gutter Runners can re-roll wound rolls targeting the chosen enemy Hero. I roll a 1 , 2, 5, 6 for my wounds. I would have to re-roll all 4 dice not just the failed ones right?

49 minutes ago, SaucyRatBear said:

Got a more generalized question but with all the re-rolling that Skaven get this may be a very pertinent question. In core rules 1.5.4 the key part states "If a rule allows you to re-roll an xd6 roll, you must re-roll all of the dice used for the roll." So does that mean that we have to re-roll even the successful ones? So for example if I take Clan Eshin my Gutter Runners can re-roll wound rolls targeting the chosen enemy Hero. I roll a 1 , 2, 5, 6 for my wounds. I would have to re-roll all 4 dice not just the failed ones right?

Edit: No not really, you can still choose to reroll your roll.

remember, that each hit role is considered to be a 1d6 roll, not as many attacks as the unit has.

So if you have a unit of 10 stormvermins you wouldn’t make a single roll referred as 10d6 but instead 10 individual roles referred as 1d6.

for a smoother game experience we just usually role all of those dice together.

Roles like rolling to see if a spell gets of,

usually use the result of 2dice and more.

if a rule would allow you to reroll the casting roll (and you choose to do so), the rule 1.5.4 explains that the whole role (both dice) would need to be rerolled

Edited by Skreech Verminking

I'm currently painting up my Skaven models and wanted kind of a roadmap, so I built this list with killing Teclis turn one in mind (my opponent takes Teclis a lot): 

Allegiance: Skaventide
- Grand Strategy: Hold the Line
- Triumphs: Inspired

LEADERS

Arch-Warlock (175)*
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Warlock Bombardier (125)*
- Artefact: Esoteric Warp Resonator
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (265)*
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap

UNITS

40 x Clanrats (260)**
- Rusty Spear
- 2 x Standard Bearers
- 2 x Standard Bell Ringers
40 x Clanrats (260)**
- Rusty Spear
- 2 x Standard Bearers
- 2 x Standard Bell Ringers
20 x Clanrats (130)**
- Rusty Spear
- 1 x Standard Bearers
- 1 x Standard Bell Ringers
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Ratling Gun (65)
1 x Warp-Grinder (75)
6 x Giant Rats (40)

ARTILLERY

6 Warplock Jezzails (290)
Warp Lightning Cannon (185)

CORE BATTALIONS

*Command Entourage - Magnificent
**Hunters of the Heartlands
ADDITIONAL ENHANCEMENTS
Artefact
TOTAL: 2000/2000 WOUNDS: 162
LEADERS: 3/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 1/4 ARTILLERY: 2/4

The idea is to Gnawhole the Jezzails (if necessary), Warpgrinder the Clanrats with Ratlings, Skitterleap the Arch-Warlock and go to town with 6 Jezzail shots and 3 x Ratlings with MMMWP (if Teclis doesn't stop it, which he likely will) and a Warpspark for 2 damage each. The only concern is if my opponent sees it coming and screens Teclis out, but he's never faced Skaven before so I figure I've got a chance. 

6 hours ago, LeonBox said:

The idea is to Gnawhole the Jezzails (if necessary), Warpgrinder the Clanrats with Ratlings, Skitterleap the Arch-Warlock and go to town with 6 Jezzail shots and 3 x Ratlings with MMMWP (if Teclis doesn't stop it, which he likely will) and a Warpspark for 2 damage each. The only concern is if my opponent sees it coming and screens Teclis out, but he's never faced Skaven before so I figure I've got a chance. 

Might be worth considering moving your Warp Cannon through the gnawhole. Your Arch-Warlock can still buff the cannon without Teclis being able to stop you.

Also, Vigordust Injector would be a good addition to give your Ratlings (or Jezzails if you want to go that route) a +1 to hit that also cannot be blocked by Teclis

Edit:  good luck, let us know how it goes :)

Edited by Cosmicsheep
  • Like 1