5kaven5lave

2 hours ago, LeonBox said:

Does anyone have any suggestions for Skryre Acolyte proxies/alternate models? They're $15 for one, which is utter insanity when you start trying to buy enough to field a unit or two. I have no idea why they're still sold individually when it's a minimum of 5 for a unit. 

The blood bowl set of skaven make cool storm vermin (change weapons) or acolytes try and get a set of the plague claw catapult heads or something simular with some 40k back packs and some green stuff so still legal in tournaments that only alow gw models. photos to follow

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Umjammerlama said:

Just noticed that Poisoned wind mortars are back. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/od5R5vQCdUYsTvvB.pdf

That is, very interesting indeed.

Considering that both of these units seem to have made it and non other give me the hope that there truly will be a poisoned wind mortar reincarnated at some point 

24 minutes ago, greg19190 said:

Hopefully wrong... :)

no, you’re sadly right, they are indeed part of legends. 
didn’t know it till I’ve read it myself.

yet….

I could see myself organizing a tournament in the near (or far) future, and allowing any of the legend units into the game.

Although this would be more of a fun/narrative tournament then anything else.

42 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

no, you’re sadly right, they are indeed part of legends. 
didn’t know it till I’ve read it myself.

yet….

I could see myself organizing a tournament in the near (or far) future, and allowing any of the legend units into the game.

Although this would be more of a fun/narrative tournament then anything else.

I know it dose ruin my 1k molder list not being able to take Wolf rats now... :(

But did that really make the giant rats better? I see no reason to waste reinforcement points on them so I guess they get those bonuses until something sneezes on them. They are cheap chaff and those bonuses don't help a whole lot. Actually as I am writing this I just realized that I was focusing on the wound benefits rather than the range. With that range benefit as long as they have taken no damage they can take up alot of space as a screen then when it's time to fight they can rank up and take hardly any space while throwing their couple of random dice.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SaucyRatBear said:

But did that really make the giant rats better? I see no reason to waste reinforcement points on them so I guess they get those bonuses until something sneezes on them. They are cheap chaff and those bonuses don't help a whole lot. Actually as I am writing this I just realized that I was focusing on the wound benefits rather than the range. With that range benefit as long as they have taken no damage they can take up alot of space as a screen then when it's time to fight they can rank up and take hardly any space while throwing their couple of random dice.

Well it is a nice bonus to have, although I doubt that this will be the special rule that will win games.

I kinda considered giant rats even before the buff as a pretty solid unit, considering how fast and incredible cheap they are it is very hard to not spend the last 60-50points on a unit of these, or when your playing clans moulder, they can be for their price a pretty effective chaff unit.

my current 1500points tournament list has like 3units of them, and it will be very interesting to see, if my opponent will be even bothered to deal with them, considering that there will be other bigger threads

my list:

Allegiance: Skaventide
- Grand Strategy: Dominating Presence - Triumphs: Indomitable
LEADERS
S’ralok master of Khazundar (175)*
Arch-Warlock
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction
- Artefact: Amulet of Destiny
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Grey seer sniketrik (140)*
Grey Seer
- Lore of Ruin: Warpgale
UNITS
Skrallogs backstabbing Backstabbers (390)*
60 x Clanrats
- Rusty Spear
- 01 x Standard Bearers
- 01 x Standard Bell Ringers
The blacked furred gnawers of the deep warrens (130)*
20 x Clanrats
- Rusty Blade
- 01 x Standard Bearers
- 01 x Standard Bell Ringers
The scurry tunnelers (75)*
1 x Warp-Grinder
The Squigburner (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower
The elf-thing flayer (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower
The Armourbreaker (65)
1 x Ratling Gun
The Holemaker (65)
1 x Ratling Gun
Death by a thousand shots (65)
1 x Ratling Gun
The shadow breed (40)*
6 x Giant Rats
The scurry-fast feasters (40)*
6 x Giant Rats
Breedings of ulghandors deep warrens (40)
6 x Giant Rats
The unholy man-thing burner (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower
ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS
Soulsnare Shackles (65)
CORE BATTALIONS
    *Battle Regiment

TOTAL: 1500/1500 WOUNDS: 130
LEADERS: 2/4 BATTLELINES: 2 (2+) BEHEMOTHS: 0/3 ARTILLERY: 0/3 ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS: 1/2 ALLIES: 0/300 REINFORCED UNITS: 2/3

So umm... After glancing at the general errata and watching a review of the general FAQ's I have a question. Is Protection of the Great Horned Rat TECHNICALLY a ward save? Based off of the review I just watched I would guess actually no because a ward save is BEFORE wounds are allocated and PotGHR is WHEN wounds are allocated. According to the FAQ if PotGHR is not technically a ward save then you can take the amulet of destiny for a ward save and the PotGHR for an additional save.

15 minutes ago, SaucyRatBear said:

So umm... After glancing at the general errata and watching a review of the general FAQ's I have a question. Is Protection of the Great Horned Rat TECHNICALLY a ward save? Based off of the review I just watched I would guess actually no because a ward save is BEFORE wounds are allocated and PotGHR is WHEN wounds are allocated. According to the FAQ if PotGHR is not technically a ward save then you can take the amulet of destiny for a ward save and the PotGHR for an additional save.

With the currently written rule, no the protection of the horned rat would indeed not be a ward save,

Although this might not be the intention of the employee’s who have tried to interpret the whole rule stuff.