5kaven5lave

Looks good. You're going to have more bodies than most armies at that points range. I'm assuming the ratling will be in the unit of 40 with the grinder? The wft will make your opponent think twice about charging you. 

I might be inclined to drop the giant rats and upgrade the bombadier to the arch warlock. There are a couple of ways that your opponent can score points by targeting your general. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Looks amazing,

yet I wonder, where your Arch warlock/ warlock egnineer/bombardier is.

kinda am missing all this great buff that, that one small hero can push out.

Believe me, I couldn’t squeeze another point out of this army. I really wished I could’ve afforded another character. Verminlord does very well with heroic heal and verminous valor. 

1 hour ago, Scythian said:

Believe me, I couldn’t squeeze another point out of this army. I really wished I could’ve afforded another character. Verminlord does very well with heroic heal and verminous valor. 

Yeah, and against Troggoth, this kinda balances it out, I guess.

So no worries

anyways, is it just me or does this mode look like a potential newish conversion option for skaven clan moulder packmasters riding on gigantic scurry fast beasts:

E0D3FA59-C570-4C23-82BF-882412F1F669.jpeg.8786cf85677ca4a6c2299bd4dd116c72.jpeg
This beast-thing looks amazing!
If we exhcanged the body of the orruk with that of a clawlord, added both arms of that orruk to that skaven warlord, Wouldn’t this model look amazing?.

If we wanted to go further, you could even add a few heads from the hell pit abomination onto this monster, and exchange it’s tail with that of a rats through some greenstuff trickery 

I would probably remove a few things on his back and instead add the bell of a screaming bell onto it, just to have something more skaveny.

have some warpstone chunks appear from it’s body, and there we have it, a perfect, comverted Master moulder on his model for clans moulder (which can be used as a verminlord warpseer)

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • LOVE IT! 1

23 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Wouldn’t this model look amazing?.

Exactly my thoughts when I saw this beasty get announced (and its not just because i'm bitter that they have nicer things-catchers than us!).

I recently built my Brood Horror model to count as my third Hell Pit Abomination, but I will likely grab this and smash is together with the HPA kit to make it a bit more bespoke.

• LOVE IT! 1

Hi, I'm not sure I fully understand this new "spell lore enhancement". Can you help me please?

So when I build my list, I can pick one "spell lore enhancement" for free. Thus, I can select one spell from any spell lore (e.g., "more-more-more warp power") and all my Skryre wizards then know that one spell (e.g., arch-warlock, warlock engineer, warlock bombardier).

However, if I have a grey seer in addition, it doesn't know any spell from the lore of ruins and just the generic ones, correct?

If I get extra spell lore enhancements, I can thus get extra spells that all my wizards will know. For instance, if I get chain warp lightning, all my Skryre wizards now have the choice to cast arcane bolt, mystic shield, MMMWP, CWP, or they usual one whenever they cast a spell, correct?

It almost makes me want to dust my balewind vortex off.

Until I realized that the balewind vortex has been sacked without notice....

56 minutes ago, Num said:

Hi, I'm not sure I fully understand this new "spell lore enhancement". Can you help me please?

So when I build my list, I can pick one "spell lore enhancement" for free. Thus, I can select one spell from any spell lore (e.g., "more-more-more warp power") and all my Skryre wizards then know that one spell (e.g., arch-warlock, warlock engineer, warlock bombardier).

However, if I have a grey seer in addition, it doesn't know any spell from the lore of ruins and just the generic ones, correct?

If I get extra spell lore enhancements, I can thus get extra spells that all my wizards will know. For instance, if I get chain warp lightning, all my Skryre wizards now have the choice to cast arcane bolt, mystic shield, MMMWP, CWP, or they usual one whenever they cast a spell, correct?

It almost makes me want to dust my balewind vortex off.

Until I realized that the balewind vortex has been sacked without notice....

For the spell enhancement your allowed to pick a spell for each wizard individually.

(for example your warlock engineer is able to know mmmwp while your grey seer can pick deathfrenzy, and your verminlord can take for example flaming weapons without much trouble)

If you somehow are able to get another enhancement and your taking another spell enhancement, every wizard in your army can know two spells.

example: the grey seer now knows deathfrenzy and warpgale, while your warlock is able to cast mmmwp and warplightning shield, and your Verminlord now knows the levitate and flaming weapon spell.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, that looks very nice with Arch-Warlocks and Grey Seers then!

I have always found that their abilities to cast several spells was diminished by the fact their best spells were from their lores.

Now with two spells each, I could totally see a command entourage of wizards... A grey seer and two arch-warlocks? 😑

I'm still hesitating at the moment between a Moulder list with rat ogres, and a Skryre list with 9 stormfiends... I think I'm going to lean towards the Skryre list

I don't think it is possible? I remember bringing in AoS 2a list with 3 warlocks, cogs and balewind vortex to abuse warp lightning, but was told that I couldn't cast a same spell twice. Two warlocks could cast a warp lightning each, but not more than one?

The rule of AoS v3 also says that a same spell can't be cast twice in the same phase, even with a different wizard :(

But does the WLE and WLB rule supersede these?

Edited by Num

I would say no - I read the Warlock scrolls as superseding the Wizard rule in 19.1 in a very specific way. The Wizard rule in effect gives two restrictions - (1) you can't cast the same spell again if that Wizard has cast it before, and (2) you can't cast the same spell again if another Wizard has already cast it. The Warlock rule creates an exception for (2), but not (1). 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bregor said:

I would say no - I read the Warlock scrolls as superseding the Wizard rule in 19.1 in a very specific way. The Wizard rule in effect gives two restrictions - (1) you can't cast the same spell again if that Wizard has cast it before, and (2) you can't cast the same spell again if another Wizard has already cast it. The Warlock rule creates an exception for (2), but not (1). 

Well at least it overwrites the second rule, in desperate times, I could see myself using 3warplightning from three different bombardiers kn the same phase, just to kill-kill some scarry monster.

Ps: even I don’t know every single rule😂😅😅

Do you like Wizards???

List: 6 Wizards 1 Cog

Allegiance: Skaventide
- Grand Strategy: Prized Sorcery
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Grey Seer (140) in Command Entourage
- General
- Command Trait: Cunning
- Lore of Ruin: Splinter
- Lore of Ruin: Warpgale
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap
Arch-Warlock (175) in Command Entourage
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Warp Lightning Shield
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Chain Warp Lightning
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Warlock Bombardier (125) in Command Entourage
Warlock Bombardier (125)
Warlock Engineer (125) in Command Entourage
- Universal Spell Lore: Ghost-mist
Warlock Engineer (125) in Command Entourage
- Universal Spell Lore: Levitate

Battleline
9 x Stormfiends (945) in Hunters of the Heartlands
- 2x Warpfire Projectors
- 1x Windlaunchers
- 1x Grinderfists
- 2x Ratling Cannons
- 3x Shock Gauntlets
- Reinforced x 2
5 x Skryre Acolytes (130) in Hunters of the Heartlands
5 x Skryre Acolytes (65) in Hunters of the Heartlands

Endless Spells & Invocations
Chronomantic Cogs (45)
Soulsnare Shackles (65)

Core Battalions
Hunters of the Heartlands
Command Entourage - Magnificent
Command Entourage - Magnificent

Additional Enhancements
Spell
Spell

Total: 2000 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 100

Edited by Num
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Cosmicsheep said:

Does this still apply under 3.0

I dont believe its an oversight. Jezzails changed because their save was affected by the cap. The Deceiver's ability is built-in redundancy. That said, your instinct about it being worse are halfway correct. Everyone has access to all out attack in shooting so its more common and easier to see stacking shooting bonuses. But there is inherent value in creating disincentives, your opponent still has to commit actions//resources and it may not be worth shooting The Lord.

The +1 -1 cap for attack- and wound-rolls are among the core rules that cannot be altered by individual abilities.

But still the cap applies after all modifications have been calculated. So if the attacking unit would get a +1 to hit the VerminLord Deciever could still change it to a -1.

• Like 1

My fellow rats, followers, brethren’s, warlords, warlocks and backstabbers,

Next week Friday I will finally be able to play a game in the new aos 3 edition rules including the new battleplans and everything

with my Rats, against a tzeentchian army my frenemy will be taking control of.

Currently not much is known about the enemy armies, (my spies are a bit to high to currently work consistently, damm those fungus brew they trank last time)

Currently We-we only know of a big greater deamonf tzeentch who’ll be lead-controlling the army, his favorite warp-things also known as-as flamers might be takong part in this battle.

Yes-yes

thankfully clans Skryre is accompany-helping us-us.

So here’s my list:474C6CCE-A74D-4A19-981F-E614052D2931.jpeg.791db76c80dfd7759c408a11ad367350.jpeg

Total points:1975p

total wounds: 172

grand strategy: sever the heads.

yes-yes,

many-many horrible deaths will await the warp-things.

Let the rats scurry-run to victory!,

Uahahaha!!

• Like 2

@Skreech Verminking Recommend Grand Strategy- Hold the Line.

The Burning Head is only 20 pts… no reason not to bring that extra MW little  fireball if you have the points and model.

Maybe replace the Verminlord with Grey Seer and Screaming Bell for some Death Frenzy?  Masterclan returns the CP on 5+.

having monsters is great, but denying Victory Points by not having monsters is also great.

Dont forget the situational spell Metamorphosis when you need a monster at the right time.

Roar into combat eliminates All Out Defense on at least one unit a turn.

Looks like you want the Warpseer to get in combat, another option is the Warbringer.

Command abilities is Huge, Screaming Bells are worth it.

• LOVE IT! 1

52 minutes ago, Coyote said:

@Skreech Verminking Recommend 1)Grand Strategy- Hold the Line.

The Burning Head is only 20 pts… no reason not to bring that extra MW little  fireball if you have the points and model.

Maybe replace the Verminlord with Grey Seer and Screaming Bell for some Death Frenzy?  Masterclan returns the CP on 5+.

having monsters is great, but denying Victory Points by not having monsters is also great.

Dont forget the situational spell Metamorphosis when you need a monster at the right time.

Roar into combat eliminates All Out Defense on at least one unit a turn.

Looks like you want the Warpseer to get in combat, another option is the Warbringer.

Command abilities is Huge, Screaming Bells are worth it.

1) i was thinking the same thing, yet I’m a bit afraid that my opponent might have the power to destroy all of my battle lines units till the end of round 5 with his flamers, But as you guys probably already know, When it comes down to knowing how every army functions in the new edition, I’m currently lacking a lot of insidious knowledge.

So I went for sever the head instead, hoping that I will be able to kill-slay his pretty low save heroes with my ratlings.

Well, I am actually very interested in having a cerminlord warpseer instead of the screaming bell.

Since one of my units of clanrats will be pretty far ahead of the rest of the army, thanks to the warpgrinder team, it will be very hard to keep them in range of a screaming bell.l, but which can be pretty easily done with the warpseer.

Although him loosing his rerollable save, he is still pretty hard to kill with his 3+ save and 5+ ward.

He can also generate an extra commandpoint on a role of 3+, which is pretty nice, and since he has the masterclan trait he can still try and refund one of the command points he spends on his ca.

Although you do have some very interesting points,

and I might (very likely) consider your ideas in the near future.