5kaven5lave

4 hours ago, Nevar said:

So to be sure...

When I am rolling the power for a War Lightning Cannon, I want to roll 1 for the power right?  Because then it is 2+ for mortal wounds?

Even better- if you roll a 1, that's automatic mortal wounds, as you must roll "equal to or greater than" the power roll. Imagine having overcharged the cannon first, and then rolling a 1... It's the sort of thing my Arch-Warlock has frenzied-happy rat dreams about.

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Master Moulder (100)
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (200)

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
40 x Giant Rats (200)
4 x Rat Ogors (200)

Behemoths
Hell Pit Abomination (220)

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Endless Spells
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 174

I not decided traits or artefacts yet,this list should be similar to the list of the 7th player of the Sheffield slaughter 2019.

Edited by Noit

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well I have tried the battailon out and really must say it’s a joke.

it is already very hard to get 1unit wholly within the gnash gnaw ability of your clawlord.

2are just barley possibly and 3 or more is  really almost impossible.

The clawhorde really isn’t worth the points in my eyes.

@AngryPlatypus
Small addition to this because i'm mostly on the same page as him. I agree the battalion ability is a bad. 
But in my mind you're also paying 180 points for a CP. so only 130 left. For that 130 you get an ability you don't want to play for, an extra artefact (which can be huge). And the ability to single drop all your battleline. Saving 4 drops minimum.

I don't know if its worth it. Because that 130 could also be another support hero, 20 clanrats or 180 even a extra WLC. So is that single drop worth it? The artefact can be massive, the drops situational and the ability's utility rarer than a trusting grey seer.  So it's a toss up for me, because it's also the easiest way to get the extra artefact. So if I want to bring the Vigordust injector and the skavenbrew/suspicious stone... i'm bringing the Clawhorde. 
(although Ironically I would bring the Skavenbrew to spread out the buffs on the Clanrats. Exactly what the battalion should be doing 😂 )

Edited by Kramer

8 minutes ago, heromaster said:

Has anyone seen the lists that did well at sheffield slaughter? Im interested to see what they took from the book!

Could be the one that i posted before,im not 100% because i didn't recognize the player's name on twitch during the gameplay.

(His list seems that dont have any ogors and just 2 units of clanrats,i dont know how he filled these gaps)

Edited by Noit

5 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

2. Yes you could take the same spell from a spell lore for your hero’s.

Although, you won’t be able to cast the spell twice or more so, not really sure why to bother.

It's my understanding that when you pay the points for an endless spell, all of the casters in your army have access to it. They simply can't cast it twice, and if it gets dis-spelled, you can't recast it until a later turn.

1 minute ago, Tasman said:

It's my understanding that when you pay the points for an endless spell, all of the casters in your army have access to it. They simply can't cast it twice, and if it gets dis-spelled, you can't recast it until a later turn.

This is correct. 

Endless Spells in matched play can only have one of any kind on the table (per side) at any one time (note this is a matched play limitation, in the page for Endless Spells it mentions you can use more, which is for open/narrative but isn't clearly specified and can be a point of confusion). 

Just like normal spells you can only attempt to cast it once per turn across your whole army; though if the spell ends via its own means in the turn (and was not cast in that turn) you can cast it once more (as you've not attempted to cast it that turn yet and the spell is no longer on the battlefield). 

Note some Endless spells - mostly the faction specific ones - can only be cast by units with specific key words on their Warscrolls (in addition to being wizards). In practical terms this mostly means faction specific wizards and will not be any allied wizards. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Nevar said:

How does this list look to everyone here?

Arch-Warlock: Overseer of Destruction

Warlock Bombardier

Warlock Engineer

x20 Clanrats

x20 Clanrats

x20 Clanrats

Warp Lightning Cannon

Warp Lightning Cannon

Warp Lightning Cannon

x6 Warplock Jezzails

Warpfire Thrower

Warpfire Thrower

x3 Stormfiends (Globe Launcher, Ratling Guns, Doomflayers)

Vermintide

Soulsnare Shackles

2000 Points, have no idea what artifact yet.

There's not much meat here. You better hope you blow them up before they get to you.  

SOooo I am buss building 3 stormfiends, I've already got 3 painted up with ratlings, warpfire and shock gauntlets.

Do i do the same again? I'm not sure...

Only thing i think im sure on is no drill as the ratling is just better...

I am very torn on second warpfire and especially on shock vs flayer...

Any recommendations?

So got an event this weekend and finally decided upon my list (may have something to do with the amount of units :D ). Not sure on the spells though yet thinking probably 2 out of Skitterleap, Plague and warpgale.

Warbringer
Grey seer, snoutgrovel robes
Screaming bell
Warlock engineer, 

x40 clanrats
x40 clanrats
x40 clanrats
x20 clanrats
x10 gutter runners
x40 plague monks
ratling gun
ratling gun
ratling gun

on a side note all the realm rules with be used at the weekend as well so will have those spells and stuff availble

Edited by AliKing

@AliKing you'll want to split those gutter runners into 2x5 ;) infinitely more useful, and allows you to deploy twice off the table, forcing most opponents to reveal their deployment strategy before you've put down anything at all. Smaller footprint also means you can reliably squeeze them into tiny gaps in the opponent's deepstriking denial blockage, even against seasoned players. 

They're also double the hassle to get rid of if they come from separate flanks. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mayple said:

@AliKing you'll want to split those gutter runners into 2x5 ;) infinitely more useful, and allows you to deploy twice off the table, forcing most opponents to reveal their deployment strategy before you've put down anything at all. Smaller footprint also means you can reliably squeeze them into tiny gaps in the opponent's deepstriking denial blockage, even against seasoned players. 

They're also double the hassle to get rid of if they come from separate flanks. 

the only reason I haven't is because I like having 13 units 😛 but I completely agree with you on it probably being better

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

After some research and discussion (btw, thanks Kirjava13I wanted to try a skryre list without a battalion to be able to field more unit. In the end here is the list. I'm not set yet on the artefact or trait for the general.

The idea would be for the leaders and war machine focusing on high value target, and the units on the horde damage. The doomwheel and doom-flayer provide some mobility to take objectives. And in the end, the battleline sole purpose is to not die too fast.

Nothing too fancy or out of the ordinary probably, but I'm wondering several things:

• Will this battleline be enough? The only things keeping those unit from dying is their numbers. Last time they faced stormcast eternal with big hammers and the 40 rats were utterly squashed. (granted I played them very badly, but well, c'est la vie as they say)
  • I'm not sure about the doom-flayer, last time I used it his sole action was to crash into a unit of stormcast eternal dealing some damage and blowing up in the process.
  • I could replace all the weapon team (ratling gun, warpfire thrower x2, doom-flayer) by a stormfiends, but I'm not sure yet.

Leaders

Arch-Warlock (160)

General

Warlock Engineer (100)

Warlock Bombardier (100)

Battleline

40 x Clanrats (200)

20 x Clanrats (120)

20 x Clanrats (120)

War Machine

Warp Lightning Cannon  (180)

Warplock Jezzails (140)

Units

Doom-Flayer (60)

Stormfiends (260)

Ratling Gun (80)

Warpfire thrower (70)

Warpfire thrower (70)

Behemoth

Doomwheel (160)

Total : 2000/2000

Extra Command Points: 0

Allies: 0

What do you think? Do you have a chance to blow the enemy before I blow myslef up?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AliKing said:

the only reason I haven't is because I like having 13 units 😛 but I completely agree with you on it probably being better

That’s how you get the luck of the horned rat. Fair play to you! 

List looks good. Don’t really know what you would use the 4th block of 20 clanrats for? Maybe drop them for the second unit of gutter runners like @Mayple suggested. Your footprint is already big enough to control the whole battlefield. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kramer said:

That’s how you get the luck of the horned rat. Fair play to you! 

List looks good. Don’t really know what you would use the 4th block of 20 clanrats for? Maybe drop them for the second unit of gutter runners like @Mayple suggested. Your footprint is already big enough to control the whole battlefield. 

its either a screen unit to protect against alpha strike style armies without having to sacrifice a whole unit of 40, or just to go after/hold objectives really.

As a skaven I feel kinda insecure without at least 200 rats hanging around 😜

Edited by AliKing
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AliKing said:

its either a screen unit to protect against alpha strike style armies without having to sacrifice a whole unit of 40, or just to go after/hold objectives really.

As a skaven I feel kinda insecure without at least 200 rats hanging around 😜

Trying to tap in my footsteps I see🙃!

but good choice,

so best of luck to you

• Like 1

Quick game for you-  We’re starting an Ecscalation league this Saturday....

Vote for best/most fun  500 pt army - Rules min 1 Character for General, 1 Battleline

This weekend I’m pretty sure I’m fielding 

1 Grey Seer 

1 Clawleader (General)

1 Unit of x40 Clanrats (Battleline)

1 Unit x5 Gutter Runners

What would you field at 500?

5 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Vote for best/most fun  500 pt army - Rules min 1 Character for General, 1 Battleline

1 Grey Seer 

1 Clawleader (General)

1 Unit x5 Gutter Runners

1 Clawleader

1x40 Clanrats

1x40 Clanrats

;)

7 minutes ago, Coyote said:

1 Grey Seer 

1 Clawleader (General)

1 Unit x5 Gutter Runners

so many funny little options you could do, for me its pretty much x40 clanrats and then 300pts of whatever hero/gimmick you like. Could even go for a plague priest and a hellpit  or screech vermin king and summon more rats haha. I personally though would probably just go for more  clanrats and a warlord (possible broodhorror mounted and 20 clanrats).  

15 minutes ago, Coyote said:

1 Grey Seer 

1 Clawleader (General)

1 Unit x5 Gutter Runners

80clanrats and a hero