5kaven5lave

12 hours ago, Flood said:

Question. Does anyone see any value in the plague claw catapult? Is it ever worthwhile to take over a warp lightning cannon? 

Absolutely. I have a friend who loves to hide his necromancers behind buildings or other key heroes. I love taking the foulrain congregation battalion with three and hero snipe with them because of their range, and most importantly, their ability to target without Line of Sight. The congregation isn't necessary but its scary. Any catapult you field will be swingy but an effective psychological weapon against your opponent. 

Thats just what I use them for, but against any horde armies your friends are playing it'll do just fine. If you're playing moulder or skryre, I would recommend the PCC over the plagueclaw because those armies are better equipped with other units to take down big targets and so you will need to focus on your opponent's greater number of models perhaps. When you have the numbers, playing verminous for example, its nice to have the ranged punch of the WWC instead. 

How does this list look to everyone here?

Arch-Warlock: Overseer of Destruction

Warlock Bombardier

Warlock Engineer

x20 Clanrats

x20 Clanrats

x20 Clanrats

Warp Lightning Cannon

Warp Lightning Cannon

Warp Lightning Cannon

x6 Warplock Jezzails

Warpfire Thrower

Warpfire Thrower

x3 Stormfiends (Globe Launcher, Ratling Guns, Doomflayers)

Vermintide

Soulsnare Shackles

2000 Points, have no idea what artifact yet.

35 minutes ago, Nevar said:

How does this list look to everyone here?

Arch-Warlock: Overseer of Destruction

Warlock Bombardier

Warlock Engineer

x20 Clanrats

x20 Clanrats

x20 Clanrats

Warp Lightning Cannon

Warp Lightning Cannon

Warp Lightning Cannon

x6 Warplock Jezzails

Warpfire Thrower

Warpfire Thrower

x3 Stormfiends (Globe Launcher, Ratling Guns, Doomflayers)

Vermintide

Soulsnare Shackles

2000 Points, have no idea what artifact yet.

Nice idea indeed, maybe 1 more engineer (if he get's sniped no overcharged WLC) or instead of a bombadier and 1 WLC a verminlord warpseer?

9 minutes ago, Jonko said:

Nice idea indeed, maybe 1 more engineer (if he get's sniped no overcharged WLC) or instead of a bombadier and 1 WLC a verminlord warpseer?

Would like to go that route eventually, but right now I have some clanrats and will be getting two sides of the Carrion Empire box. So...

I will have x2 Doomwheels, and I think I can convert one of them into a Warp Lightning Cannon.  Then with parts from the Stormfiends I can make my warpfire thrower teams, plus mods to one of the new Warlocks i can make him into a 'normal' warlock.  I already have Shackles for my Nighthaunt, so that will mean I currently only need to buy a box of Clanrats, and a Vermintide/Endless Spell box.  After I play this list or one I can make easily from what I have then I will absolutely start throwing in Verminlords and such.

Also, my main opponents will be DoK and FEC, so their shooting is pretty non-existent so sniper characters/warpfire throwers is not as much of a threat in my gaming group yet.

Hi guys, first time posting after hours of reading.

I start collecting skavens since WHFB v4 but stop playing after the 6th edition. I recently return to age of sigmar with the V2 and the annonce to an all skaven battletome.

I really appreciate to be able to replay this kind of list :

200 Grey seer on Screaming Bell (general)

180 Plague furnace

100 Deathmaster

200 40x clanrats (spear)

200 40x clanrats (spear)

140 10x stormvermin

160 Doomwheel (i am in love of the whfb v4 model)

210 30x plague monks (wood staves)

120 10x gutter runner

260 3x stormfiends (ratming, shock, warpfire)

80 ratling

80 ratling

70 warpfire thrower

2000 points

I m just hesitate to replace warpfire by mortar for the stormfiends .

And, of course, i got a lord skreetch waiting for the improbable double 6 from the Screaming Bell ^^

Any thoughts on if a minimum sized claw horde is worth it? I'm planning on having 2x40 clanrats and 40 stormvermin with a claw lord to be the core of my army. It seems like a lot of points for the benefit of maybe saving a command point in the combat phase because I doubt I will consistently keep all 3 units within 13" of the clawlord and I'm heavily considering a warpseer so I should have a decent number of command points to use the clawlord's ability multiple times anyway.

2 hours ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

Any thoughts on if a minimum sized claw horde is worth it? I'm planning on having 2x40 clanrats and 40 stormvermin with a claw lord to be the core of my army. It seems like a lot of points for the benefit of maybe saving a command point in the combat phase because I doubt I will consistently keep all 3 units within 13" of the clawlord and I'm heavily considering a warpseer so I should have a decent number of command points to use the clawlord's ability multiple times anyway.

Honestly I think the way to go is 40 40 10. You mostly want this for the extra artifact and a slightly smaller drop. The occasional times that you use the bonus command is just extra really. It's the only battalion that mixed skaventide can realistically run.

Edited by BeefyLemur

You know I kind of just noticed this, I'm sure others pointed it out but I like to chime in.

I'm glad that Thanquol and Lord Skreech don't have to be the General if they want to use their command ability. Really frees up list building when you want to include them compared to some other special characters.

Then again  suppose it is quite fluffy anyways. Thanquol being quite possibly the most devious grey seer in the entire realms that you'd have to be a bit crazy to make him the leader (or at least the "official" leader!)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alris said:

Hi guys, first time posting after hours of reading.

I start collecting skavens since WHFB v4 but stop playing after the 6th edition. I recently return to age of sigmar with the V2 and the annonce to an all skaven battletome.

I really appreciate to be able to replay this kind of list :

200 Grey seer on Screaming Bell (general)

180 Plague furnace

100 Deathmaster

200 40x clanrats (spear)

200 40x clanrats (spear)

140 10x stormvermin

160 Doomwheel (i am in love of the whfb v4 model)

210 30x plague monks (wood staves)

120 10x gutter runner

260 3x stormfiends (ratming, shock, warpfire)

80 ratling

80 ratling

70 warpfire thrower

2000 points

I m just hesitate to replace warpfire by mortar for the stormfiends .

And, of course, i got a lord skreetch waiting for the improbable double 6 from the Screaming Bell ^^

That's quite the mixed skaven list, every clan? 😄 Having both a plague furnace and screaming bell sounds fun. What I'd suggest doing is taking a skryre engineer instead of the deathmaster so you can use warpstone sparks on your stormfiends, doomwheel and ratling guns. It's a very strong ability you'll almost always want to have if you use skryre units.

Warpfire vs wind launchers on stormfiends really just depends on what you're facing against, but warpfire projectors seem to be the better choice overall if you can't decide. I'm still trying to find a use for the launchers myself...I think the problem is that it doesn't fit well with the weapon ranges of the other 2 stormfiends in the unit. There are situations where it could be better than the warpfire, against more elite units the rend will be very effective, and if you're wanting to use your fiends mostly for shooting it's probably the better option.

Greetings fellow worshiper of the Great Horned Rat, with the new skaven book out, I figured it would be a good opportunity to re-dive in my Skryre Army.  But there are some changes on the batallion which I find not really convincing (for me)

Originaly I planned to have the Warpcog Convocation with two Arkhspark Voltik enginecoven, to have the warplightning cannon bonus. But, all in all it cost 280 points, which I could use to field more unit (more-more warpfire!) , so the question is : "Are the batallion really worth the cost?"

12 minutes ago, Navezof said:

Greetings fellow worshiper of the Great Horned Rat, with the new skaven book out, I figured it would be a good opportunity to re-dive in my Skryre Army.  But there are some changes on the batallion which I find not really convincing (for me)

Originaly I planned to have the Warpcog Convocation with two Arkhspark Voltik enginecoven, to have the warplightning cannon bonus. But, all in all it cost 280 points, which I could use to field more unit (more-more warpfire!) , so the question is : "Are the batallion really worth the cost?"

My answer is: it depends... but probably not. You get a command point, an artefact, the ability to plonk all those units down at once plus the bonuses the battalions give, but these aren't that tremendous. The Arkhspark and Gascloud ones are the best bonuses... but worth all those points? I don't know, I haven't played with any yet... but I'm doubtful.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

Can clawlords gnash gnaw be used in the opponents combat phase?

Yes. It's worded as in the combat phase, not "your turn's combat phase". Think of it like inspiring presence, it can be used so long as it is the start of that phase currently.

Edited by Skavelynn
  • Thanks 1

Thoughts on this list? Taking them to a tournament soon. 🐀🐀🐀

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
- General
- Trait: Supreme Manipulator 
- Artefact: Suspicious Stone 
Grey Seer (120)
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Clawlord (100)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Verminous Valour
Master Moulder (100)
Warlock Bombardier (100)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Chain Warp Lightning
Warlock Bombardier (100)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
4 x Rat Ogors (200)

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Endless Spells
Warp Lightning Vortex (100)
Vermintide (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 169

Alternate: Take out rat ogors, master moulder, and Vermintide. Add 20 gutter runners and bring up the 20 clanrats to 40.  1940 points total

1. Am I wrong in assuming suspicious stone 5+ reroll stacks with warpseers native 5+ reroll?

2. Ogors seem good with a MM babysitter: He heals them, buffs bravery/ hit and battle trait gives them D3 extra wounds EACH MODEL one model, and rerolling hits of 1. Depending on how reliable gnaw holes are (havent played with them yet) they could be a fairly mobile threat.  Anyone play around with these guys yet?

3. Are double engineers baby-sittting cannons overkill? Double dice on the cannons seems so incredibly strong, especially considering the cannons were very strong without the new ability. BUCKETS of MW. Considering taking one engineer out for extra command points.

4. Gutter runners for some sneaky shenanigans? Considering we will rarely if ever go first, these guys offer some deepstrike support and now benefit from +1 to hit while 20+. So You have to get the charge off for that bonus to matter, but they stay hidden until your first movement phase and the alternate list has an extra command point for rerolling that charge. I had a lot of success with them as wizard/hero bullies before skaventide. 🐀

Edited by Verminlord
rules corection

15 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

1. Am I wrong in assuming suspicious stone 5+ reroll stacks with warpseers native 5+ reroll?

2. Ogors seem good with a MM babysitter: He heals them, buffs bravery/ hit and battle trait gives them D3 extra wounds EACH MODEL, and rerolling hits of 1. Depending on how reliable gnaw holes are (havent played with them yet) they could be a fairly mobile threat.  Anyone play around with these guys yet?

3. Are double engineers baby-sittting cannons overkill? Double dice on the cannons seems so incredibly strong, especially considering the cannons were very strong without the new ability. BUCKETS of MW. Considering taking one engineer out for extra command points.

4. Gutter runners for some sneaky shenanigans? Considering we will rarely if ever go first, these guys offer some deepstrike support and now benefit from +1 to hit while 20+. So You have to get the charge off for that bonus to matter, but they stay hidden until your first movement phase and the alternate list has an extra command point for rerolling that charge. I had a lot of success with them as wizard/hero bullies before skaventide. 🐀

1. From what I understand that's how it works, but I'm not sure.

2. I'd rather have a hellpit abomination

3. I don't think it's overkill at all. I actually think it's near mandatory.

I also think the Screaming Bell is very strong and you should try to include it.

1 hour ago, BeefyLemur said:

1. From what I understand that's how it works, but I'm not sure.

2. I'd rather have a hellpit abomination

3. I don't think it's overkill at all. I actually think it's near mandatory.

I also think the Screaming Bell is very strong and you should try to include it.

After reviewing warscrolls and points I think youre probably right on Abom being better. I've never liked the randomness of screaming bell, but I haven't tried the new rules for it yet so I'll give it a go. The battleshock immunity certainly looks nice.

Having trouble fitting in foot grey seer though. Really dont like missing out on that -1 to hit wither. Alternatively I could replace the screaming bell with foot grey seer and 20 extra clanrats. thoughts?

Updated List:

- General
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (200)
Clawlord (100)
Warlock Bombardier (100)
Warlock Bombardier (100)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
Hell Pit Abomination (220)
Vermintide (40)

Wounds: 168

Also I haven't been able to find a solid answer on this: Can I cast lets say mystic bolt with one wizard and again with a different wizard in the same phase or does the rule of one still limit this? Additionally, can wizards choose the same spell from the spell lore table (ex: both my engineers have chain lightning)?

Edited by Verminlord
spelling

13 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

Also I haven't been able to find a solid answer on this: Can I cast lets say mystic bolt with one wizard and again with a different wizard in the same phase or does the rule of one still limit this? Additionally, can wizards choose the same spell from the spell lore table (ex: both my engineers have chain lightning)?

1. Sadly mystic shield and arcane bolts m do count towards the one per phase rule.

just remember that the warplightning spell from your  engineers can be cast multiple times in the same phase, thanks to a new rule on their war-scroll.

2. Yes you could take the same spell from a spell lore for your hero’s.

Although, you won’t be able to cast the spell twice or more so, not really sure why to bother.

LEADERS
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (200) - General - Command Trait : Master of Magic  - Artefact :  Suspicious Stone  
Warlock Engineer (100)
Clawlord (100) - Artefact :  Things-Bane  

UNITS
40 x Clanrats (200) - Rusty Spear
40 x Stormvermin (500) - Halberd

WAR MACHINES
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)
Doomwheel (160)

BATTALIONS
Claw-horde (180)

TOTAL: 2000/2000     EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1     WOUNDS: 16

I'm brand new to Skaven and AoS in general (40k player). I've already bought the Bell, a verminlord for 12s, a WLC and 20 clanrats. So question time before I buy anything else.

How are stormvermin on the table when backed by a claw lord? Is there anything else I can be doing to make people want them dead versus other things? Is Claw-horde worth it? With it this list has six drops.

I could ask a million questions, but I'd love some pointers here!

Edited by AngryPlatypus

5 hours ago, Skavelynn said:

That's quite the mixed skaven list, every clan? 😄 Having both a plague furnace and screaming bell sounds fun. What I'd suggest doing is taking a skryre engineer instead of the deathmaster so you can use warpstone sparks on your stormfiends, doomwheel and ratling guns. It's a very strong ability you'll almost always want to have if you use skryre units.

Warpfire vs wind launchers on stormfiends really just depends on what you're facing against, but warpfire projectors seem to be the better choice overall if you can't decide. I'm still trying to find a use for the launchers myself...I think the problem is that it doesn't fit well with the weapon ranges of the other 2 stormfiends in the unit. There are situations where it could be better than the warpfire, against more elite units the rend will be very effective, and if you're wanting to use your fiends mostly for shooting it's probably the better option.

I always play mixed clan in my skaven army because i really love the kind of army it gives on the table more than the competitiveness. That s the reason of the Screaming Bell(my new must have, the model is so awesome and iconic)

By the way thanks for the advice about the engineer. I try the deathrunner in a other list ^^.

And for now, it s just what army i would play but i only play against my son's nighthaunt at 750 points. I now  think it would be better to use warpfire with my stormfiends as nighthaunt doesn t take care of rend.

3 hours ago, Verminlord said:

Thoughts on this list? Taking them to a tournament soon. 🐀🐀🐀

Leaders
- General
Grey Seer (120)
Clawlord (100)
Master Moulder (100)
Warlock Bombardier (100)
Warlock Bombardier (100)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
4 x Rat Ogors (200)

War Machines

Endless Spells
Vermintide (40)

Wounds: 169

Alternate: Take out rat ogors, master moulder, and Vermintide. Add 20 gutter runners and bring up the 20 clanrats to 40.  1940 points total

2. Ogors seem good with a MM babysitter: He heals them, buffs bravery/ hit and battle trait gives them D3 extra wounds EACH MODEL, and rerolling hits of 1. Depending on how reliable gnaw holes are (havent played with them yet) they could be a fairly mobile threat.  Anyone play around with these guys yet?

1. Yes that is how it works. 

2. It’s one model but more importantly, if you transport via the gnawhole, you can only sent one unit a turn. So the MM would stay behind, losing the buffs. 

3. Couldn’t hurt but depends a bit on your opponents vs Ogors for example I would do with one. Tournament setting, yes take the extra one. Although you could also save 40 pts by taking a arch warlock and banking on his extra survivability. Only if that 40pts buys you something of course. 

4. I haven’t played them in the new rules, but only for the threat of it, it’s worth it in my mind. 

New list looks good though, don’t know about bell vs foot grey seer + clanrats. Wither is good. But he will be such an target after the first game and plenty squishy. Seems to me like something to test a couple of times .

3 hours ago, AngryPlatypus said:

LEADERS
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (200) - General - Command Trait : Master of Magic  - Artefact :  Suspicious Stone  
Warlock Engineer (100)
Clawlord (100) - Artefact :  Things-Bane  

UNITS
40 x Stormvermin (500) - Halberd

WAR MACHINES
Doomwheel (160)

BATTALIONS
Claw-horde (180)

TOTAL: 2000/2000     EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1     WOUNDS: 16

I'm brand new to Skaven and AoS in general (40k player). I've already bought the Bell, a verminlord for 12s, a WLC and 20 clanrats. So question time before I buy anything else.

How are stormvermin on the table when backed by a claw lord? Is there anything else I can be doing to make people want them dead versus other things? Is Claw-horde worth it? With it this list has six drops.

I could ask a million questions, but I'd love some pointers here!

Well I have tried the battailon out and really must say it’s a joke.

it is already very hard to get 1unit wholly within the gnash gnaw ability of your clawlord.

2are just barley possibly and 3 or more is  really almost impossible.

The clawhorde really isn’t worth the points in my eyes.

Still 40Stormvermins, 80clanrat and a clawlord are a fantastic base to build your army around.

the Stormvermins can kill-slay anything in their way, especially when buffed by a near clawlord and a Verminlord warbringer, although this is what usually gets your enemy’s attention so protecting them might be a thing you should consider. (just as a reminder Stormvermins are godlike in 40s, ok in 30s and bad to very bad in 20s and 10s)

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1