5kaven5lave

10 hours ago, Darkhan said:

12 fiends man! 12 fiends anyday! It's chill, relaxing, fun and hilarious, specially at an event. Doing 12 fiends at the next tourney myself.

Played a similar list against Khorne bloodthirster list, his 2x thirsters 1x greater deamon thirster never saw combat😂

I would consider dropping the screaming bell for maybe just a wizard on foot. Toss in more clanrats, and ever consider taking up geminids.

Currently that is most likely what will happen.. Either that or a mish-mash list that I've ran once and played against a couple times with a few power pairs; 40 Monks + Furnace, 6 Fiends + AW and a Deceiver + WLV being the main threats. The last one being a big detriment to even armies with strong casting as they'll need to dedicate blocking out 6" of space or else that WLV can come down on them. Kroak may get +'s to unbinds or Tzeentch can get Destiny Dice or match a high roll with Kairos\LoC but eventually they'll still roll low and you'll roll high. At the very least the Deceiver can get in somewhere they don't want it and it will take resources to kill or it will kill support heroes in their backline. The mindgame that combo has is worth it if you're looking for something different.

I see the point on a foot wizard, haven't really finalized the list yet. A Bell has always been a good inclusion because of the BS immunity. Bell of Doom is nice and all, but in the event that fails I like to have a Screaming Bell around to fit Fiends near.

Ooh the Soulscream Bridge, haven't seen that used yet in real life.  Heard about some Legion of Azgorh players using it on Fireglaives (shooty dwarves) but that's a great idea for a big blob of Acolytes too.  

I have that Whyrlblade Threshyk army built, just waiting for a gameday to try it out.  Gonna paint it up with a zenithal technique if I can get some successful test guys done.  Warpstone lighting up everything.

Since I'm mainly playing against friends I adapt my list to the army I'm facing. I run either acolytes (with 2 doomwheels for sniping off support heros) or stormfiends (with the windlaunchers on the support heros). I use monks when rend and saves are less important and otherwise stormvermin (and the warbringer). Usually I switch between the attached 3 lists. 

Screenshot_20210403-220138_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210402-174539_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210403-215935_Chrome.jpg

Hi,

I recently got hold of the skaven sprues from the old isle of blood set and i've got some questions about them.
Does anyone know what units i got? I havent received anything besides the models and i dont know anything about Skaven to be honest.
Are these units are still playable in AoS? How many points would this get me at the moment? 
Would be awesome to display some skaven next to my older orks and goblins models.

Thanks!

38 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Hi,

I recently got hold of the skaven sprues from the old isle of blood set and i've got some questions about them.
Does anyone know what units i got? I havent received anything besides the models and i dont know anything about Skaven to be honest.
Are these units are still playable in AoS? How many points would this get me at the moment? 
Would be awesome to display some skaven next to my older orks and goblins models.

Thanks!

The boxset, contains, if it hasn’t been scavenged, 1Clawlord, 1Warlock engineer,

1Master moulder, 2x20 clanrats, 1warpfire thrower weapon team, 1poisoned wind mortar, 2rat ogres.

and with the exception of the wind mortar, everything is playable.

as for the wind mortar, I would just use it as a warlock bombardier.

no reason not to.

in points, you would own around 830

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Thanks 1

If i put this in Warscroll Builder it centainly looks like a legal list to me.

LEADERS
Clawlord (100) - General
Warlock Engineer (110)
Warlock Bombardier (120)
Master Moulder (100)
UNITS
20 x Clanrats (120) - Rusty Spear
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
2 x Rat Ogors (90)

TOTAL: 830/1000 WOUNDS: 71

What fluffy/different units could i buy to make this a fun small army for the leftover 170 points?

5 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

If i put this in Warscroll Builder it centainly looks like a legal list to me.

LEADERS
Clawlord (100) - General
Warlock Engineer (110)
Warlock Bombardier (120)
Master Moulder (100)
UNITS
1 x Warpfire Thrower (70)
2 x Rat Ogors (90)

TOTAL: 830/1000 WOUNDS: 71

What fluffy/different units could i buy to make this a fun small army for the leftover 170 points?

A doomwheel.

although you’ll want to paint it unassembled 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Iksdee said:

Could i also use the Poison Wind Mortar as a second Warpfire Thrower?
That would free up some more points and a Leader slot.

Why not? There is no reason for confusion because the model itself actually is not playable.

Also, a good addition to your collection might be the Warcry Skaven boxed set if you can still get it anywhere. It included an other unit of Clanrats as well as a couple of Rat Ogors and some Giant Rats.

Or the Start Collecting Clans Pestilens, because you can build a Warplightning Cannon as well as a Grey Seer on Bell out of that Box.

For your last points you could easily fit in a Verminlord OR a Grey Seer with some endless spells.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there fellow ratkin,

I bring-scurry message of hated elf-thingssoon-soon being imprisoned-killed by the mighty clan mors’s Horde of backstabbing vermin.

next Thursday I’ll be playing a game of aos with a friend.

we are basically trying our tournament list for next month out.

his list:

Allegiance: Lumineth Realm Lords
- Great Nation: Helon

Leaders
Vanari Lord Regent (150)
- General
- Command Trait: Skyrace Grand Champion
- Artefact: Metalith Dust
- Lore of Hysh: Total Eclipse
Sevireth, Lord of the Seventh Wind (300)
Scinari Loreseeker (160)
Scinari Cathallar (140)
- Artefact: Silver Wand
- Lore of Hysh: Lambent Light

Battleline
10 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140)
- Lore of Hysh: Speed of Hysh
20 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (240)
- Lore of Hysh: Protection of Hysh
5 x Hurakan Windchargers (130)

Battalions
Auralan Legion (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Hyshian Twinstones (30)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 107

my list:
Allegiance: Skaventide
LEADERS
Verminlord Warpseer (320)
- General
- Command Trait: Verminous Valour
Warlock Bombardier (120)
- Artefact: Vial of the Fulminator
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
UNITS
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
1 x Doomwheel (150)
1 x Doomwheel (150)
1 x Doomwheel (150)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS Extra Command Point (50)
Emerald Lifeswarm (50)
TOTAL: 1990/2000
LEADERS: 2/6 BATTLELINES: 5 (3+)
ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ENDLESS SPELLS: 1/3 ALLIES: 0/400
    WOUNDS: 241
BEHEMOTHS: 4/4
ARTILLERY: 0/4

• Like 1

A little delayed on posting this but life is crazy. I was able to test out my skryre list against my friend's slaves but only at 1400 points because that is all that he had available at the time. I brought the two engineers, 5 units of 5 acolytes, 6 stormfiends and the 2 warp lightning cannons. I don't remember exactly what he had but I know he had a blob of warriors, a unit of knights, warshrine, lord on manticore, lord on karkadrak and at least one sorcerer on foot and a unit of harpies.

We played the Focal Points battleplan. I had spread my acolytes  all across my deployment zone to try and take advantage of my number of drops compared to his. while also having good spacing, or I thought, between the acolytes and the rest of the army. He focused his units mostly center but kept the big blob of warriors to one side, which will be an issue later as they never get a chance to do anything being too far away from the action. My friend takes first turn and was able to get a first turn charge off on his knights that was able to slip through some of my acolytes and into my stormfiends. He was able to kill roughly two units of 10 acolytes but only managed a few wounds on the stormfiends. In my turn I moved the acolytes around the sides to threaten objectives, the stormfiends shoot off the knights and the warplighting cannons shoot the karkadrak lord off the table while taking some damage.

The next turn my friend wins priority and moves his manticore lord on an objective and his warshine on the center one claiming big points right now but otherwise I don't recall him doing much this turn, his magic phases have been non existent and is so throughout the game. My turn has the acolytes attempt some harassment on my one flank and the others take over objectives on the unoccupied other side. Warplightning cannons need to reposition and the stormfiends take some pot shots at the warshrine bringing it down to one wound and the ratling cannons of unit split their attacks doing some good damage to the harpies and some damage to the manticore lord. Then I charged the manticore with the stormfiends, probable mistake but I was feeling feisty. I did a few wounds but luckily the manticore wiffed his attacks and I was also able to wipe out the harpies.

I do believe I remember getting the priority here with the double turn and my friend concedes as my warp lightning cannon(s) will be in range of his warshine and the stormfiends going to finish off the manticore and start their devastation on the warriors who have been slogging it across the field. Victory Clan Skryre!!

Fun game with plenty to learn from. Sorry I don't have specifics or pictures to help out but I always wanted to contribute more to the community here and technically this game happened 2-3 weeks ago so my memory is a bit fuzzy. I can't wait to try out my doomwheels that are still currently in the workshop!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hm...the closing picture of the teaser with all the read eyes in the darkness had Skaven-vibes but I would have interpreted the "ne breed of evil" as a new faction honestly.

I would love for us to get a new battletome and bring Skaven back to the upper tiers though.

47 minutes ago, DocKeule said:

Hm...the closing picture of the teaser with all the read eyes in the darkness had Skaven-vibes but I would have interpreted the "ne breed of evil" as a new faction honestly.

I would love for us to get a new battletome and bring Skaven back to the upper tiers though.

The trailer would be a perfect trailer for clan eshin assasin, 

there are just a few problems I’m facing eith that theory.

There was talk of a new breed, and it is the realm of ghur.

so eirher it will be sneaky file ratman abomination of the clans moulder, a new kind of Beast-men, or new orks.

There have also been the idea that it could be spiderriders

10 hours ago, Verminlord said:

A couple skaven outposts on the map they revealed for where the story is unfolding for 3rd Ed.

Literally just watched the video from yesterday and was about to post the same thing. I love Moulder, so keeping all my fingers and toes crossed.

And also hoping that those red eyes belong to a filthy horde of rats yes-yes 😁

On 5/9/2021 at 10:24 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

The trailer would be a perfect trailer for clan eshin assasin, 

there are just a few problems I’m facing eith that theory.

There was talk of a new breed, and it is the realm of ghur.

so eirher it will be sneaky file ratman abomination of the clans moulder, a new kind of Beast-men, or new orks.

There have also been the idea that it could be spiderriders

As much as I would love new skaven. Fimir would be pretty cool as well.

On 4/19/2021 at 7:43 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

Hello there fellow ratkin,

I bring-scurry message of hated elf-thingssoon-soon being imprisoned-killed by the mighty clan mors’s Horde of backstabbing vermin.

next Thursday I’ll be playing a game of aos with a friend.

we are basically trying our tournament list for next month out.

his list:

Allegiance: Lumineth Realm Lords
- Great Nation: Helon

Leaders
Vanari Lord Regent (150)
- General
- Command Trait: Skyrace Grand Champion
- Artefact: Metalith Dust
Sevireth, Lord of the Seventh Wind (300)
Scinari Loreseeker (160)
Scinari Cathallar (140)
- Artefact: Silver Wand
- Lore of Hysh: Lambent Light

Battleline

Battalions
Auralan Legion (120)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Hyshian Twinstones (30)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 107

my list:
Allegiance: Skaventide
LEADERS
Verminlord Warpseer (320)
- General
- Command Trait: Verminous Valour
Warlock Bombardier (120)
- Artefact: Vial of the Fulminator
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
UNITS
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
1 x Doomwheel (150)
1 x Doomwheel (150)
1 x Doomwheel (150)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS Extra Command Point (50)
Emerald Lifeswarm (50)
TOTAL: 1990/2000
LEADERS: 2/6 BATTLELINES: 5 (3+)
ARTEFACTS: 1/1 ENDLESS SPELLS: 1/3 ALLIES: 0/400
    WOUNDS: 241
BEHEMOTHS: 4/4
ARTILLERY: 0/4

How did the game go?