5kaven5lave

5 minutes ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

Rules clarification: i assume for the warpgrinder, when you set up and declare an accompanying unit, its considered all one drop for the purposes of counting drops? or do you just declare another unit later when its your turn and its now tunneling.

No, not 1 drop since the wording says "when you would setup another model, you can say it's joining this one" so it would be 2 different drops.

Hey everyone,

what would a strong Skryre List look like? Assuming having every model (Tabletop Simulator), Acolytes don´t seem too bad. 20 Bodies with a nice Output for 200 Pts. Ratling Guns are nice Roadblocks with good damage and Jezzails allow for Synergy Piece sniping.

I would love to play the 1-Drop Battalion (with Gascloud und the Ratling Gun Coven) but between the battalion cost and the forced units of Stormfiends it seems like a trap.

What do you think?

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Overseer of Destruction
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Warlock Bombardier (120)
Warlock Bombardier (120)

Battleline
20 x Skryre Acolytes (200)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)

Units
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)
1 x Ratling Gun (60)

Artillery
Warplock Jezzails (420)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)
Bell of Doom (40)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 124

3 hours ago, Congratz said:

Going to a tournement where you can ban units! Which skaven unit should i “fear” getting banned? Thinking one of these Will be banned: Bell, Jezzails, Stormfiends..

any thoughts?

Any tournament is better than bo tournament. 
One where units are banned? I suppose to liven things up, but I’m not sure the overall point.  
id almost rather see a tournament where endless spells are banned.  I’m sure it’s friendly and done for fun, but kind of odd.

Who decides what gets banned? Participants or organizers?

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Clanrats.

without them you can basically not play skaven 

My bad! You can't ban Battleline! (you can ban Battleline if however)

One day before the tournemant starts all Teams get to ban 5 units. In theory you could ban 5 Skaven units, but its better to spread them out.

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

Any tournament is better than bo tournament. 
One where units are banned? I suppose to liven things up, but I’m not sure the overall point.  
id almost rather see a tournament where endless spells are banned.  I’m sure it’s friendly and done for fun, but kind of odd.

Who decides what gets banned? Participants or organizers?

Hi team,

What do you think about this list?

Allegiance: Skaventide
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Deranged Inventor
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Warlock Engineer (110)
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector
Warlock Engineer (110)
One-Eyed Grunnock (480)
- Allies
6 x Stormfiends (520)
- 2x Windlaunchers
- 2x Ratling Cannons
- 2x Doomflayer Gauntlets
- 2x Shock Gauntlets
20 x Skryre Acolytes (200)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
10 x Skryre Acolytes (120)
10 x Skryre Acolytes (120)
Vermintide (40)
Warp Lightning Vortex (80)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 480 / 400
Wounds: 132

I think that the combo of the 6 stormfiends with a extreme shoot attact, the giant works as a tank or hammer. Skyre Acolytes by screens except the group of 20. With vermitide we can control our bravery problems with stormdiends and skyre acolytes.

With three skyre hero we could reamin our stormfiends combo without problems.

• Like 1

Main problem with there Skryre lists ist that the acolytes make them very expensive. They cost more than some other armies cost at all.

Other than that I would give one stormfiend the warp-grinder to be able to have them pop up (btw: you have six stormfiends in your list but eight weapon options).

2 hours ago, DocKeule said:

Main problem with there Skryre lists ist that the acolytes make them very expensive. They cost more than some other armies cost at all.

Other than that I would give one stormfiend the warp-grinder to be able to have them pop up (btw: you have six stormfiends in your list but eight weapon options).

Sorry, was a mistake. They only have shock gauntlets not Doomflayers 

I have proxyes as acolytes like the old blood Island team weapons.

12 minutes ago, Sartxac said:

Sorry, was a mistake. They only have shock gauntlets not Doomflayers 

I have proxyes as acolytes like the old blood Island team weapons.

That’s one way.

you can also use clanrats and some greenstuff to build them some slings with poisoned wind globes.

another build I really liked was the Stormvermins with Irondrake guns as acolytes.

Then there are a few 3rd party companies that sell either their own bits that can be used on clanrats or vermins and some of them even have their own acolytes that look amazing.

for example punga miniature.

they really do sell some great models.

although the price isn’t to great either 

Edited by Skreech Verminking

13 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

That’s one way.

you can also use clanrats and some greenstuff to build them some slings with poisoned wind globes.

another build I really liked was the Stormvermins with Irondrake guns as acolytes.

Then there are a few 3rd party companies that sell either their own bits that can be used on clanrats or vermins and some of them even have their own acolytes that look amazing.

for example punga miniature.

they really do sell some great models.

although the price isn’t to great either 

I use proxyes with GW bits in order to could play in official stores. In spain i usually see 3d prints of cultist miniatures patreon.  For 30 euros you could buy beatiful hordes of acolytes with excellent models. 

Ratfolk grenadier regiment is the name.

Edited by Sartxac

I had built an entire pure Eshin army but sold it to buy into Ogors.   It was fun in small games but not very satisfactory in larger games.  

Been thinking about trying the Skaven again but with Skryre as I always liked their crazy machines.   Doomwheels and lightning cannons are pretty awesome looking and on paper while swingy they seem like they could be pretty good sometimes.  

But for battle liners should I just get clanrats to be more versatile for future Skaven options; or should I go Stormfiends and Acolytes cuz Skryre!

Also are the Skryre battalions worth taking at all for the lower drops and/Or CPs and extra relic?   Don’t have my tome anymore.  

11 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

We are skaven players.

Jusy build your own skryre meatshields, with bitz, parts and bodies of clanrats/stormvermin/plague monks/ etc.

A lot of the chances I get to play are at tournaments and they usually don't like proxies there.

3 hours ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I had built an entire pure Eshin army but sold it to buy into Ogors.   It was fun in small games but not very satisfactory in larger games.  

Been thinking about trying the Skaven again but with Skryre as I always liked their crazy machines.   Doomwheels and lightning cannons are pretty awesome looking and on paper while swingy they seem like they could be pretty good sometimes.  

But for battle liners should I just get clanrats to be more versatile for future Skaven options; or should I go Stormfiends and Acolytes cuz Skryre!

Also are the Skryre battalions worth taking at all for the lower drops and/Or CPs and extra relic?   Don’t have my tome anymore.  

Depends on what you prefer I would say. For me Skaven should be a horde army (most of the time). Ich have 120 clanrats, 20 stormvermin an 80 monks and I like it when a wave of rats rolls across the table.

With Skryre you could have a much more elite build. A couple of stormfiend-units and then weapon-teams and machines.

• Like 1