5kaven5lave

59 minutes ago, gronnelg said:

Bell of doom - can it move the turn it was set up? Do normal endless spell rules apply, so that the person going second can move it at the start of the round?

No it can’t move on the turn it was set up,

and Yes the normal endless spell tules apply 

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 1:17 PM, Archibald said:

My planned list would look like the following:

1000p list

Thanquol on Boneripper

3x Stormfiends

3x Stormfiends

1x Warpfire Thrower

980/1000p

You really need an engineer, or bombardier to buff those Stormfiends with MMMWP and/or the vigordust injector. They’ll be next to useless without their buffs. 

Unfortunately, at 1000pts that means losing Thanquol 😰

• Thanks 1

Hi guys, 

I played my third game of aos today and got totally noobstomped by an ironjaws list. 

He had a maw krusha, 3 warchanters, 1 shaman, 10 brutes and a unit of 6 and 2 units of 3 gore-gruntas. 

I had Thanquol, 1 engineer, 1 Clawlord, 1 master moulder, 2x20 Clanrats, 30 Stormvermin, 2 wlc, as well as 4 Rat ogres and 1 hpa. 

He got the first turn and managed to charge 9 of his gore-gruntas as well as the maw krusha into 1 Clanrat unit, my hpa, and the Rat ogres  in the back of my deployment zone and wiped them out. My turn 1 my magic really failed to do anything I supercharged 1 wlc and rolled 6 1's melting the cannon and my second wlc only took 2 mw on the mawkrusha. Having killed non of his units and half my army dead after the 1 turn we decided to call it quits. 

I would like any and all tips for next time I am playing this guy. Thanks! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gnawdwell said:

Hi guys, 

I played my third game of aos today and got totally noobstomped by an ironjaws list. 

He had a maw krusha, 3 warchanters, 1 shaman, 10 brutes and a unit of 6 and 2 units of 3 gore-gruntas. 

I had Thanquol, 1 engineer, 1 Clawlord, 1 master moulder, 2x20 Clanrats, 30 Stormvermin, 2 wlc, as well as 4 Rat ogres and 1 hpa. 

He got the first turn and managed to charge 9 of his gore-gruntas as well as the maw krusha into 1 Clanrat unit, my hpa, and the Rat ogres  in the back of my deployment zone and wiped them out. My turn 1 my magic really failed to do anything I supercharged 1 wlc and rolled 6 1's melting the cannon and my second wlc only took 2 mw on the mawkrusha. Having killed non of his units and half my army dead after the 1 turn we decided to call it quits. 

I would like any and all tips for next time I am playing this guy. Thanks! 

Honestly it just sounds like dice weren't particularly in your favor and you did not deploy or zone out board edges well enough, which happens. That's a pretty high aggro IJ list that will 100% do what it can to charge you T1 which you found out the hard way. You need to be premeasuring threat ranges and understanding how far away you need to be to prevent getting charged\shot on their turn. Pre-measuring ranges and asking your opponent for their threat ranges ("Can any units run and charge? How far can any units shoot? How fast does anything move? Can it do any movements or teleports in the hero phase? etc etc) is totally okay and within game rules to do, so don't ever feel like you're being "that guy" for asking. If they get uppity over you asking, then they are being "that guy" 😉

As for the list, I would find a way to get those Stormvermin to 40; really no reason to have them any lower than that as they lose their horde buff even quicker and they really need it. To be honest, I don't think those Rat Ogres are going to do anything for you and you're pretty heavily invested into heroes compared to full size threats on the table. You can drop the Master Moulder and Rat Ogres, keep the HPA if you like it and put those 280 points into something else. I'm not sure how you feel about shooting or what models you have, but things like 6-12 Jezzails (or 2 WLC's like you have, but I vastly prefer Jezzails for consistency), 6 Stormfiends or 20 Acolytes are the most common shooting hammers we use next to the CC ones that are Monks and Stormvermin.

HPA's are good, but I find that you really need 2 to get a lot out of them; they just die too easy and the random movement means they can have a hard time getting where they're needed.

Thanks for your Feedback Gwendar!

I dont think there is anything i could have done to not get charged turn 1 there as he was 3 inches from my units before the charge and i felt like I had little room to deploy further back. However i could have done a much better job of screening my more high value units with the clanrats.  

Based on your suggestions i will try to run a slightly different list next time by removing all the moulder stuff, bumping the stormvermin to 40 and adding 6 jezzails and 1 bombardier. 

My list will then look like this:

Thanquol
Clawleader
Warlock Engineer
Warlock Bombardier
20 clanrats
20 clanrats
40 stormvermin
Warplightning cannon
Warplightning cannon
6 Warplock jezzails

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gnawdwell said:

Thanks for your Feedback Gwendar!

I dont think there is anything i could have done to not get charged turn 1 there as he was 3 inches from my units before the charge and i felt like I had little room to deploy further back. However i could have done a much better job of screening my more high value units with the clanrats.  

Based on your suggestions i will try to run a slightly different list next time by removing all the moulder stuff, bumping the stormvermin to 40 and adding 6 jezzails and 1 bombardier. 

My list will then look like this:

Thanquol
Clawleader
Warlock Engineer
Warlock Bombardier
20 clanrats
20 clanrats
40 stormvermin
Warplightning cannon
Warplightning cannon
6 Warplock jezzails

That looks interesting.

love the list

Hey all!

I am really interested in starting Skaven as a second army. I would like to field a force that is packed full of risk-reward strategies and synergies.
I do like Clan Skryre, but I'm not overly keen to field a heap of proxy models.

With this in mind - where might be a good place to start?
I have access to a Corrupting War-Swarm box, which I understand has some good choices in it. Should I grab that? Where to from there?

Cheers in advance. 🐀

19 minutes ago, Tinniez said:

Hey all!

I am really interested in starting Skaven as a second army. I would like to field a force that is packed full of risk-reward strategies and synergies.
I do like Clan Skryre, but I'm not overly keen to field a heap of proxy models.

With this in mind - where might be a good place to start?
I have access to a Corrupting War-Swarm box, which I understand has some good choices in it. Should I grab that? Where to from there?

Cheers in advance. 🐀

You’ll want to get another 2 boxsets of clanrats.

an from their your basically free to take whatever you like more.

For a High risk bur high reward approach, i’d then go for Doomwheels and Warplightning cannons.

for some all a round punch stormfiends are pretty great.

as for weapons teams, you’ll either want to convert some, if you don’t like proxies or search in the internet for some 3rd party models or some of the old blood island kit warpflamers.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Currently having some issues with the recent FAQ regarding Thanquol. Having 4 flamer provide 4 dice per ennemy model within 8" or just one?

The FAQ does read :

Q: If Thanquol on Boneripper has more than 1 Warpfire 
Projector, can he make 1 attack with each one? For example, if 
he had 4, would he be able to make 4 Warpfire Projectors attacks 
and roll 4 dice for each model in the target unit each time? 
A: No.

What's your input on this?

23 minutes ago, Ggg said:

Currently having some issues with the recent FAQ regarding Thanquol. Having 4 flamer provide 4 dice per ennemy model within 8" or just one?

The FAQ does read :

Q: If Thanquol on Boneripper has more than 1 Warpfire 
Projector, can he make 1 attack with each one? For example, if 
he had 4, would he be able to make 4 Warpfire Projectors attacks 
and roll 4 dice for each model in the target unit each time? 
A: No.

What's your input on this?

The rulling on Thanquol is really clear. You roll x number of dice per model for x number of warpfire thrower. 

This FAQ is only there to confirm that you only do that ONE time. You don't roll x dice for x warpfire thrower for x number of time. Yes, some people was thinking that because you have 4 warpfire thrower you can repeat the attack 4 times, which is madness.

On 9/21/2020 at 2:17 PM, Archibald said:

Hey guys,

i am thinking about starting a small Skaven force. My love for ratogors is old and strong, so i would like to field only ratogors aka stormfiends (because new and beautiful skulps).

My planned list would look like the following:

1000p list

Thanquol on Boneripper

3x Stormfiends

3x Stormfiends

1x Warpfire Thrower

980/1000p

So my question would be if this list could do any good or is at least fun to play? What would you change to make it more playable?

My meta right now is just LRL and Orks (Mawcrusher). We play on a small 47x23,5 inch table.

I have no idea how it will play. But they’re all cool and thematic models. You love them. Just go for it and then figure out how to make them work. They all, except maybe the flamethrower, seem to feature in a lot of list. But usually the storm fiends are being buffed by an engineer. So you might want to look into that? 
again don’t play Skaven enough to really advice on how it plays. I’d just go for it because it’s what you love. 

6 hours ago, Kramer said:

I have no idea how it will play. But they’re all cool and thematic models. You love them. Just go for it and then figure out how to make them work. They all, except maybe the flamethrower, seem to feature in a lot of list. But usually the storm fiends are being buffed by an engineer. So you might want to look into that? 
again don’t play Skaven enough to really advice on how it plays. I’d just go for it because it’s what you love. 

Thanks for the advice Kramer.;)

I changed the list a bit to make it more competitive but keep the cool models in.

This is what i came up with:

Thanquol on Boneripper 390p

Warlock Engineer 110p

20x Clanrats 120p

20x Clanrats 120p

3x Stormfiends 260p

1000/1000p

What do you think of the changed list?

New 2000 pts list. What do you think?

Spoiler
Allegiance: Skaventide
Mortal Realm: Hysh (narrative purpose only)

Leaders
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (240)
- General
- Command Trait: Master of Magic
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Warlock Engineer (110)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Arch-Warlock (160)
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector

Battleline
40 x Stormvermin (400)
- Halberd
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
- 2x Standard Bearers
- 2x Standard Bell Ringers
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
- 1x Standard Bearers
- 1x Standard Bell Ringers

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
- 4x Standard Bearers
- 4x Plague Harbingers

Artillery
Warplock Jezzails (420)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 182

1 hour ago, michu said:

New 2000 pts list. What do you think?

Hide contents
Allegiance: Skaventide
Mortal Realm: Hysh (narrative purpose only)

Leaders
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (240)
- General
- Command Trait: Master of Magic
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Warlock Engineer (110)
Arch-Warlock (160)
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector

Battleline
40 x Stormvermin (400)
- Halberd
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
- 2x Standard Bearers
- 2x Standard Bell Ringers
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
- 1x Standard Bearers
- 1x Standard Bell Ringers

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
- 4x Standard Bearers
- 4x Plague Harbingers

Artillery
Warplock Jezzails (420)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 182

2 CC threats and 9 Jezzails.. interesting, I like it. I would swap the Engineer for a Clawlord though 100%.. you really don't need 2 Engineers when you only have 9 Jezzails and all they really need is a Warpspark. Giving the Stormvermin +1 attack is infinitely more valuable and if you combine that with Vigordust you'd be setting them up for greatness.

• Like 1

Question - Grey Seer in Bell -

If multiple bells, effects stack (if in range) right?

Lets say I have 3 Bells, it’s top of turn 1 and I roll a 7 individually for all 3 Bells.  

Avalanche of Energy

They’re all within 26”’range of each other,  So all three receive +3 (1+1+1) to cast any spells until end of that Hero phase, right?

14 hours ago, Coyote said:

Question - Grey Seer in Bell -

If multiple bells, effects stack (if in range) right?

Lets say I have 3 Bells, it’s top of turn 1 and I roll a 7 individually for all 3 Bells.  

Avalanche of Energy

They’re all within 26”’range of each other,  So all three receive +3 (1+1+1) to cast any spells until end of that Hero phase, right?

Correct. All of the effects refer to "this model" so they would stack with each other.

Edited by Gwendar

Hi all,

I'm new to AOS and trying to build a Skaven army for 1k game with the LGS folks.

Looking at the below list but not sure if this is workable. I've managed to grab a battleforce box andmight grab a few other units elsewhere. Might be grabbing another 1 or 2 clan rat boxes to size up the force. I'm still; quite new to the artefacts and stuff for the leaders so hope you guys can provide some tips.

*** Leaders****

Grey Seer on Screaming Bell - 240p
- Master of magic?
- Skaven brew?

Warlock Engineer - 110p
- warp lightning shield?
- Vigordust injector?

*** Battleline ***

Clan rats x 20 - Rusty blade - 120p

Clan rats x 20 - Rusty blade - 120p

*** Others ***

Plague monks x 20 - 160p

Warpfire Thrower - 70p

Warp lightning cannon - 180p

Total: 1000 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 89 (Not sure if counted correctly)

@holyark With what you have I think that's just fine really. Things like Stormvermin and Plague Monks want to be in units of 40 to make use of our horde bonuses to hit\wound and to some extent the bravery buff.. but auto-passing battleshock is generally the better choice.

In the command trait\artifact side of things, for that list it's kind of tough. Yes to Master of Magic since you have no need for Deranged Inventor on the Engineer. Between Skavenbrew and Vigordust, you'll get about the same damage from them and both will require them to take d3 MW's. Skavenbrew edges out ever so slightly but Vigordust could help guarantee a charge and give you +1 to hit if you would prefer to have that.. which can help since as soon as they drop below 20 they'll start hitting worse.

@holyark

Welcome!  If you are new and haven’t played this is perfect.
I’d plant your Engineer with the WLC so no Injector.  Just max the WLC to 12 dice and enjoy.

The Grey Seer with Bell - Give him the Skavenbrew.  Maybe Death Frenzy for your spell.

This list is kind of designed to take damage, we’re not a “run forward and punch in the face” army.  

I’m a hypocrite for saying this 😁🐁🐁. Don’t overthink your list.

Also, Warfire thrower, also max his regulator thing too, never hold back.