Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 171

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Cosmicsheep said:

@Skreech Verminking Haha.... brilliant. Please capture the look on his/her face after you've finish deployment just 20 clanrats  🤣🤣🤣

Have you read the trait that my Verminlord has😜?

Edit: if not, well then you’ll be astonished of it’s ability.

considering that the verminlord will cannot be seen as long as it is more then 6away from any enemies, and within 1of a terrain feature (gnawhole)

so with the exception of that big thing he can not shoot at, there won’t be anything on the table😛

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Congratz said:

Im still not sure with Acolytes either... might be 20” range but they are still 32mm and really squishy.

Stormvermin it is, love the lore and the model. Think monks look a bit... weird...

Yeah the old points for Warpseer was amazing 

12 Jezzails?! That sounds fun and deadly!

2 hours ago, Congratz said:

By the way is the Warpgnaw Verminlord any good? Cool model!

Yeah, like I said I just find them harder to use.. and against shooting armies they get deleted but Stormfiends can at least somewhat hold on. Their 4+ save and 20 wounds taken before shooting is affected (IE an entire unit of Acolytes) which is important in the current meta. Playing against Orruks or any other combat based army with little shooting? Acolytes all day if their cheapness lets you fit in other stuff.. but Fiends get the job done just as well usually as Acolytes tend to overkill nearly anything they shoot at.

Anyway, Stormvermin are definitely great, but they do take a bit more movement finesse to ensure they're in range of +1 attack and all that. Without it they only slightly punch above 40 Monks on the charge. That said, SV also get retreat and charge which means you'll pretty much always have the entire unit in combat with something if they last against getting hit back. As for Jezzails... I ran a list last week with 24 of them. Didn't work out for me but it had potential against some matchups. On average you're probably looking at 16-18 damage out of them with hit RR's and a warpspark which is about half as much as Fiends output for the same cost. They can work, but I still think 6-9 is the sweet spot.

The Warpgnaw is... meh. Since we lost Ghyrstrike he's far less reliable in his damage output which is really all he does. Hitting\wounding on 3's isn't bad, but when you only have 4 attacks you will most certainly feel that. Previously I was able to consistently put out 10-20 damage against nearly anything with that 2's\2's profile and RR'ing 1's on both. Now he just whiffs far more.. still debating if I want to sell it since I haven't even assembled the one I got. I don't imagine he'll be around much longer with the the weirdness with FW stuff being taken away lately.

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

So I’ll be playing a game of aos against a seraphon player, this weekend:

knowing how much my buddy loves his twice shooting bastiladons,

Please write up a battle report. Would love to hear about this madness (and possibly have an excuse to put my deceiver on the table!)

4 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

So I’ll be playing a game of aos against a seraphon player, this weekend:

knowing how much my buddy loves his twice shooting bastiladons,

I’ll be using this list:

Allegiance: Skaventide
Mortal Realm: Chamon

Leaders
Verminlord Deceiver (320)
- General
- Command Trait: Shadowmaster  
Deathmaster (100)
- Artefact: The Three Fangs  
Deathmaster (100)

Battleline
40 x Stormvermin (400)
- Halberd & Shield
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)
20 x Gutter Runners (200)
20 x Gutter Runners (200)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Chronomantic Cogs (80)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 171

So this list sounds amazing, is there no rules stopping the mass deployment off the board like 40k? I checked the FAQ/erratas/designer commentary and core rules and I couldn't find anything. 

My friend wants to use this in our local tournament and I wanna give him the 👍 

@Blisterfeet It depends on the army. Most of them have specific allegiance\battalion rules that say "for each unit deployed on the table, 1 can be off the table" type thing. But that's not the case for us as Gutter Runner's, Deathmasters and Grinders starting off the table rules are all built into their warscroll (like Shadow Warriors) to allow them to be off the table with no requirements for anything being on the table.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

@Blisterfeet It depends on the army. Most of them have specific allegiance\battalion rules that say "for each unit deployed on the table, 1 can be off the table" type thing. But that's not the case for us as Gutter Runner's, Deathmasters and Grinders starting off the table rules are all built into their warscroll (like Shadow Warriors) to allow them to be off the table with no requirements for anything being on the table.

Warpcactly 

edit: although depending who you’ll be fighting, this could also mean an instant loss.

Fast armies like for example some Lumineth build Beasts of chaos, Stormcast (maybe if they bring enough Liberators (100should be fine)) and Ko could possible do that to you.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Wait there’s actually a person mad enough to use  a List I created😍😍?

Well Skreech Verminking Approves!!

That would be me!

I had been messing with Eshin for a couple of matches as an addition to my 40/40/40 Clan Rats + Warpseer ignoring BS with night runners instead of warpgrinders, but as soon as I was sent this - and comprehended it - I heartily chortled!

So far I am 6th in the league, but hopefully this could be a turning point or at least a massive laugh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, RatKing said:

That would be me!

I had been messing with Eshin for a couple of matches as an addition to my 40/40/40 Clan Rats + Warpseer ignoring BS with night runners instead of warpgrinders, but as soon as I was sent this - and comprehended it - I heartily chortled!

So far I am 6th in the league, but hopefully this could be a turning point or at least a massive laugh!

Well then I hope this list will bring you Victories and fame.

Just remember to mention my name, when talking about your success on the honest War-gamer.

😉😁

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, RatKing said:

That would be me!

When are you playing? And will it be streamed?

9 hours ago, Gwendar said:

Got a quick one for you all using 12 Stormfiends with Bridge (spoilers, never got to use Bridge) which was interesting and has a ton of potential, honestly.

It just helps when your casting rolls aren't trash for the first couple of turns 😉

Thanks for this writeup. After playing solely daughters for the past year and a half, I've been looking for something new to play and fell on a stormfiend based skryre list. So I bought 12. Happy to see them do decently well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Graywater said:

Thanks for this writeup. After playing solely daughters for the past year and a half, I've been looking for something new to play and fell on a stormfiend based skryre list. So I bought 12. Happy to see them do decently well. 

Thanks for reading! These types of lists have done pretty well for people in the past so I wanted to give it a solid run.. whether or not it's better than just 6 Fiends with a Grinder and 2 other threats on the board remains to be seen, but I'll surely keep you all updated as I practice it.

Also, since there's some interest in streaming.. anytime I play a game I'm streaming it via discord (have yet to get my twitch channel back up and going) and typically play around 8pm EST on the weekdays or anytime Saturday\Sunday. These discords are usually where I stream that anyone can join (especially if you all would like to try TTS 😉:

https://discord.gg/3yRWYsB

https://discord.gg/mxTX9A2

On 8/14/2020 at 11:41 PM, Verminlord said:

Here's a prototype I whipped up today if you're curious. Really easy to do and I'm fairly happy with the result. If your clanrats have a bold scheme (mine are purple and white) a unit of these guys painted up dark would easily look like a separate unit type. Now I just need to find some easy to aquire bits or greenstuff technique to put in their tails/off hands/ belts for throwing weapons.

IMG_20200814_232202__01.jpg

IMG_20200814_232218__01.jpg

I love this conversion and it's so simple. I may have to consider it myself but I just bought some amazing 3rd party night runners too so I'm torn on if they'll stand out too much or what.

3 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I love this conversion and it's so simple. I may have to consider it myself but I just bought some amazing 3rd party night runners too so I'm torn on if they'll stand out too much or what.

Which 3rd party runners? I was considering picking up the punga ninja rats for gutter runners but I just spent a bunch on their jezzails recently. (And a corrupting warswarm 😭)

12 minutes ago, Verminlord said:

Which 3rd party runners? I was considering picking up the punga ninja rats for gutter runners but I just spent a bunch on their jezzails recently. (And a corrupting warswarm 😭)

The Punga ones. And I admit I wasnt sure if I was gonna get them because my bank wouldn't let me charge my card to their site directly and the rep had me paypal it and didn't ask for my address so I felt like I may never see them and just forgot about it since I had no tracking number or anything but then one day they just showed up and they're beautiful. 

1 hour ago, Verminlord said:

They look amazing.

Still it’s pretty costy with 32$ for 5

Weapon teams and jezzails on the other hand, really do look juicy