5kaven5lave

On 7/30/2020 at 5:15 AM, gronnelg said:

Our cheapst screen are giant rats. Does anyone use them?

@gronnelg

I  made a decent Moulder list for a tourney- a Fleshmeld Menagerie that had 2 Hellpit Abominations.

I love Giant Rats (now have oh, 160?) got them into combat - Used Skavenbrew and Death Frenzy if I remember correctly- 60 attacks?

2 unsaved wounds I think.  

No rend, armor save was either 4 or 5.  I love the idea but the math just isn’t there.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Cosmicsheep said:

Jezzails are popular, and if you're on a budget can be made from old clanrats and Skitarii Ranger rifles (a few quid on eBay)

See my previous post (page 147) for a picture of how they look :)

Assume you're talking about the stormvermin, but yes that would take advantage of their fighting prowess

Ops, mixed the vermins with the fiends. love the Jezzails! I will take a look at those bits on eBay latter, maybe getting the bits is cheaper than 3d printing them.
My greatest concern with the list so far is how many heroes I should have if all of them are 5 wound with low saves... Maybe I should just swap the Greeyseer for the Bell version, add the Clawlord and use the remaining 60 points on ad endless spell or a Rattling gun.  Or just swap the Greyseer for a Warpseer, add the Clawlord and reduce te Acolytes to 15 (Cooler models, but loosing the greyseer spell lore is a little sad).

4 hours ago, Gwendar said:

Coach just released this. A very good watch, I would definitely recommend it:

That is an incredible tactics review.

although it may not work that great against an Ironjawz army.

Those orks can literally kill your screen in a single turn, even when you have 80-120 of them in front.

And the question then remains unanswered.

what happens when your opponent gets the double turn?

but still, they these tactics are definitely incredible, and I definitely learned a ton from that video 

Edited by Skreech Verminking

4 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

That is an incredible tactics review.

although it may not work that great against an Ironjawz army.

Those orks can literally kill your screen in a single turn, even when you have 80-120 of them in front.

And the question then remains unanswered.

what happens when your opponent gets the double turn?

but still, they these tactics are definitely incredible, and I definitely learned a ton from that video 

Right, and this was just a general overview to get people thinking. Bottom line is that we just have bad matchups but that's where measuring threat ranges comes in. You can't pre-measure against a double turn generally as you'll just be on the edge of the board and they'll still probably reach you on their double, so that's really just down to luck.

Deployment is definitely the hardest thing to master in my opinion. A lot of the game matters in just those first 2 turns and it all starts with how you're setup. I learned a good deal from this in that regard so... I think I'll try my 24 Jezzails list out today 😅

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Skreech Verminking said:

That is massive.

24Jezzails, not even I own that many.

This is why I play TTS; to test ridiculous stuff out and see if it works. After that I'll be trying 12 Stormfiends as it's done reasonably well for some others.

9 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

This is why I play TTS; to test ridiculous stuff out and see if it works. After that I'll be trying 12 Stormfiends as it's done reasonably well for some others.

Yeah well, I’m pretty much interested in having, every single option to play with my skaven.

And I do love painting Rats, so I guess I’ll be converting some more stormvermins into jezzails.

I, uh, have a lot.   I had a really large Skaven WHFB army before AoS and its expanded even more.  I’m honestly almost done collecting- just need to make these 7 Jezzails, maybe a third Doomwheel, maybe a third Bell, Thanquol and a Skreech Verminking.

Next year I’ll start collecting to be able to field 2K of Eshin for fun.  

7 minutes ago, Heaven_lord said:

Hey, I am new to skavens and really like the Eshin clan, do you think of there is a way to play them decently in 1000 or 2000 pts ?

Thanks a lot !

Depends.

What kind of decent are you looking for?

decently winning tournament level games.

Or decent at doing like say shooting, combat, movement and more?

or just have a decent chance of winning fun non competitive games.

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Depends.

What kind of decent are you looking for?

decently winning tournament level games.

Or decent at doing like say shooting, combat, movement and more?

or just have a decent chance of winning fun non competitive games.

Hey, Thanks, it's more decent chance of winning semi-competitif games (not tournament level ;)

28 minutes ago, Heaven_lord said:

Hey, Thanks, it's more decent chance of winning semi-competitif games (not tournament level ;)

Them yes they can probably compete decently.

Although If your going for a full eshin army, you will either have to take the very awful looking Monkey rat units, or convert your own through the blood bowl team, or fined a 3rd party seller, who has the better rat ninja models 

Had a good game vs KO today (Dwarf united list with 20 Deepstriking HGB and 20 Irondrakes with Runelord). Didn't think to get details for a batrep due to my horrible deployment and letting his 2 Frigates get in range to kill heroes. I assumed the game would be over within 20 minutes... however he didn't manage anything but the WLC and 14 Clanrats. In the end, I won 13-3 on Forcing the Hand:

List

Spoiler

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Warlock Bombardier (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Deranged Inventor
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Warlock Bombardier (120)
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (240)
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Stormvermin (400)
- Halberd & Shield

Units
6 x Stormfiends (520)
- 2x Windlaunchers
- 2x Ratling Cannons
- 2x Shock Gauntlets
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)

Artillery
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 170

I think this will be my go-to template for any future competitive lists with Fiends. Having them come in via the Grinder works exceptionally well, the only big thing that needs to happen is Skitterleap but worse-case scenario a Gnawhole is nearby. Still not sure how keen I am on the Bell... but I would suffer without that BS bubble with the SV in particular.. and I found I was using all my CP on charge re-rolls (all of which failed) which was nice. SV could also be swapped with 40 Monks + 20 Clanrats, which could be something I experiment with in the future.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gwendar said:

Had a good game vs KO today (Dwarf united list with 20 Deepstriking HGB and 20 Irondrakes with Runelord). Didn't think to get details for a batrep due to my horrible deployment and letting his 2 Frigates get in range to kill heroes. I assumed the game would be over within 20 minutes... however he didn't manage anything but the WLC and 14 Clanrats. In the end, I won 13-3 on Forcing the Hand:

List

Reveal hidden contents

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Warlock Bombardier (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Deranged Inventor
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector
Warlock Bombardier (120)
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (240)
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Stormvermin (400)
- Halberd & Shield

Units
6 x Stormfiends (520)
- 2x Windlaunchers
- 2x Ratling Cannons
- 2x Shock Gauntlets
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)

Artillery
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 170

I think this will be my go-to template for any future competitive lists with Fiends. Having them come in via the Grinder works exceptionally well, the only big thing that needs to happen is Skitterleap but worse-case scenario a Gnawhole is nearby. Still not sure how keen I am on the Bell... but I would suffer without that BS bubble with the SV in particular.. and I found I was using all my CP on charge re-rolls (all of which failed) which was nice. SV could also be swapped with 40 Monks + 20 Clanrats, which could be something I experiment with in the future.

I am very interested to hear more about the warpgrinder. I really love the idea of being able to bring the SFs up to melt something. Skitterleap pretty reliable too if you deploy out of unbind range. 

Edited by fishwaffle2232
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fishwaffle2232 said:

I am very interested to hear more about the warpgrinder. I really love the idea of being able to bring the SFs up to melt something. Skitterleap pretty reliable too if you deploy out of unbind range. 

I think the trick is getting your Bell and Bombardier to be the last things to deploy. Doing this with the Grinder can kind of hinge on a double turn or else those Fiends will likely be pretty exposed. In this case, they killed about half the HGB unit and a few more ran from BS. The ones left along with the Irondrakes managed to kill 3 Fiends thanks to him winning priority. That could've been a lot worse, but if I got a double it would've been game right there.

20 hours ago, States said:

How is the order of gnawhole deployment in regards to the new changes with terrain? When do we get to place gnawholes? Before or after choosing territory?

What new changes, specifically? As far as I know nothing really changes.. you setup Gnawholes after territories are chosen but before any models are placed. The same rules will apply for setting them up (keeping X" away from other terrain and objectives) and that's it.

2 minutes ago, Coyote said:

@Gwendar How did the TTS game go with 24 Jezzails?  Was it 2x12 or another combination.

Didn't get a chance to play it yet unfortunately. I played my first ladder tournament  game with the 4 DW's +2x20 Acolytes vs Skink spam with Kroak and 3 Shoot-twice Bastiladons.. everything taking -1 damage. Needless to say I lost that pretty horrifically.. but I don't expect much with that list anyway since it was for fun. That Seraphon list was 100% a direct counter to mine since you really want things to come to the Acolytes rather bringing them to things. They don't work as well in a heavy shooting meta where things constantly outrange them. Doesn't help that for 2 turns, 4 Doomwheels caused a grand total of maybe 8-10 wounds.

I planned to try 24 Jezzails tonight if I can find anyone wanting a game. If I do then I'll be sure to do a batrep. If anyone wants the link to the discord server to come watch or play TTS then just PM me. I stream every game I play.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2020 at 1:28 PM, Gwendar said:

Curious about the 12x fiend list. What else greatness does it include?

11 minutes ago, Darkhan said:

Curious about the 12x fiend list. What else greatness does it include?

Eh.. it can't really include much else honestly. I have a Bell with Plague along with the Bridge to throw the Fiends forward, but you could drop both and take a Warpgrinder (not worth having 2 unless you plan to bring them in during a different turn) and another foot hero (Grey Seer with Skitterleap ideally) or Clanrats.

So I just had a game with a skaventide list, that a friend of mine created.

I went up against a Overlords player.

and let me tell you this much.

they are extremely ugly, especially when facing an oppinent with only 80meatshield of which 40 were Stormvermins.

we played 1750points and although his Battleline is pretty much a joke, I was astonished of how much damage these guys can do in their first turn.

The game was basically already decided at the end of turn one.

although we kept playing, it was pretty clear to us that my skaventide army who just barely survived with a single Doomwheel 5acolytes 18Stormvermin and 20Clanrats was pretty much done for.