5kaven5lave

20 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

Sometimes I really do wonder if you're joking when you say things like that about a 200+ model list 😂

Psychological warfare my friend.

If it works on you, it will certainly work on my opponents.😜

edit: but still, I’d prefer more bodies on the table.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Haha 1

I think I finally managed to do the maths on the Warp-Lightning Cannons...

Let me know if that doesn't seem correct: Anydice WLC simulator

function: WLC:n wlc POWER:n power plus BOOST:n roll DICE:n dice {
  COUNT: 0
  if POWER-BOOST < 1 { POWER: 1 }
  else { POWER: POWER - BOOST }
  loop X over {1..WLC} {
    loop N over {1..DICE} {
      COUNT: COUNT + [count {POWER..6} in d6]
    }
  }
  result: COUNT
}

output [1 wlc d6 power plus 0 roll 6 dice] named "One WLC, not overcharged"
output [1 wlc d6 power plus 0 roll 12 dice] named "One WLC, overcharged"
output [1 wlc d6 power plus 1 roll 6 dice] named "One WLC in an Arkhspark coven, not overcharged"
output [1 wlc d6 power plus 1 roll 12 dice] named "One WLC in an Arkhspark coven, overcharged"

In output you can put 12 dice instead of 6 if you overcharge, or 2 wlc instead of 1, etc... "plus 0" refers to the arkshpark boost. If you put "plus 1" you will add 1 to the initial power roll.

If the calculations are correct, there is roughly an equal chance to do each damage (12-14%), except that the chances of doing 0 is lower (7%) and the chances of doing 6 is higher (24%).

There is 50% chance of doing at least 4 damage with a WLC (not overcharged). When you overcharge, damages almost double (54% chance of doing at least 7 damage).

Now with an Arkshpark Voltik battalion, there is a 53% chance of doing at least 5 damage (not overcharged), and a 48% chance of doing at least 10 damage (overcharged).

In summary, with 2 WLC and 1 engineer does an average of 11 damage per shooting phase.

A double Arkshpark does 20 damage per turn on average.

Also there is a higher chance of doing 6 damage than there is a risk of doing 0...

Again, take with a pinch of salt because I am not so certain of my calculations...

Edited by Num
  • Like 1

After a friend of mine, was very persistent, in trying to get me to play the ones meta unit 9Stormfiends, which now got a unit restriction of 6 max. i made a new list to try out soon.

See and be astonished of what I call a true Skaven list:

Allegiance: Skaventide
Mortal Realm: Chamon

Leaders
Warlock Engineer (110)
- General
- Command Trait: Deranged Inventor  
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector  
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Verminlord Warpseer (320)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade

Units
6 x Stormfiends (520)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 253

“Snipe my Stormfiends or heroes and be punished by 200clanrats.
snipe my clanrats (the true fist of my list) and you’ll be shoot to death by a huge thread of Stormfiends.”

Play 3places of power against me, and you win automatically, unless, I get the first turn.

LEADERS
Clawlord (100)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait : Verminous Valour
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Command Trait : Deranged Inventor
- Artefact : The Brass Orb
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism : More-more-more Warp Power!
Warlock Engineer (110)
- Artefact : Vigordust Injector
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism : More-more-more Warp Power!
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (240)
- Lore of Ruin : Warpgale
UNITS
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
10 x Stormvermin (100)
- Halberd
6 x Stormfiends (520)
- 2 x Windlaunchers
- 2 x Ratling Cannons
- 1 x Doomflayer Gauntlets
- 1 x Shock Gauntlets
1 x Doomwheel (150)
BATTALIONS
Claw-horde (180)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Vermintide (40)
TOTAL: 2000/2000 WOUNDS: 163
LEADERS: 4/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 2/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 2/2 ENDLESS SPELLS: 1/3 ALLIES: 0/400

Hi team, i want prove this list. Arch Warlock (with the pokeball that kill any enemy except Gortrek with a +6) +Warlock engeener in order to do stronger Stormfiends and Vermintide so as to foiling an enemy charge againts a horde of clanrats. One unit of stomvermin before a second line of clanrats.

On 7/18/2020 at 10:34 PM, Skreech Verminking said:

After a friend of mine, was very persistent, in trying to get me to play the ones meta unit 9Stormfiends, which now got a unit restriction of 6 max. i made a new list to try out soon.

See and be astonished of what I call a true Skaven list:

Mortal Realm: Chamon

Leaders
Warlock Engineer (110)
- General
Verminlord Warpseer (320)

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade

Units
6 x Stormfiends (520)

Extra Command Point (50)

Wounds: 253

“Snipe my Stormfiends or heroes and be punished by 200clanrats.
snipe my clanrats (the true fist of my list) and you’ll be shoot to death by a huge thread of Stormfiends.”

Play 3places of power against me, and you win automatically, unless, I get the first turn.

I think that these clanrats aren't enough stronger to kill elite units. I would change 400p of clanrats for 180p of 4 rat ogors + 100p 1 master moulder (rate ogors with 5-7 points of live more for model could be a good unit and you can transport this with the gnawholes), and the remaining 120p for 70p flamethrower and 40p for bell of doom (because if they kill your verminlord you could have bravery problems).

Other alternative, this 400p for other warlock engeneer + hell pit abomination + bell of doom +and 30p for other endless spell. 

Edited by Sartxac

2 hours ago, Coyote said:

@Skreech Verminking How did your game go on Friday?

Well It was an interesting game.

we played knife to the heart

I played against a Sylvaneth game, with my 200+ rats.

Shortly put, we both were pretty lucky in some turns and unlucky in others.

Where I got of basically every single spell on a 10 or more in the first turn, I failed to roll higher then a 4 in my second turn for every spell I attempted to cast.

On the other hand or battle lasted for a long time.

My clanrats and Plague monks, weren’t to great at killing his 3+ rerolling 1s for the save tree-things, and so didn’t do much damage at all.

But I had a unit of Stormvermins (which did nothing the whole game) and A Verminlord warbringer, that killed the treelord with his things-bane artefact with ease.

In the end I won the game just barely by having a single rat more on his objective than he had trees.

953A9929-C0B5-4B54-BD3F-7637416B9CBE.jpeg

137E5399-DF21-49D6-A752-DEE5753739D1.jpeg

51F97EB5-98FD-41E7-ADD0-03A3ADC12E13.jpeg

4529301F-0313-40DD-AE2A-3C617149CE4E.jpeg

C7662CCF-D3CE-4460-9944-F58D9AEF879F.jpeg

• Like 2

On 7/16/2020 at 10:35 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

High body count!

this list?

your joking right??

But the list does look cool, and I would personally also use it, if I hadn’t fallen in love with the best unit in the whole game!

”The Doomwheel!”

@Skreech Verminking You may want to check out Doom and Darkness latest batrep. He runs his mawtribe list v a skaven force that rocks 3 doomwheels. It gets nasty very quickly, unless you are a fan of crackling green lightning, in which case there might be some cheering. 

• LOVE IT! 1

13 hours ago, Sartxac said:

Hi team, i want prove this list. Arch Warlock (with the pokeball that kill any enemy except Gortrek with a +6) +Warlock engeener in order to do stronger Stormfiends and Vermintide so as to foiling an enemy charge againts a horde of clanrats. One unit of stomvermin before a second line of clanrats.

A few things I see wrong here, but if your goal is casual and not some kind of tournament list then ignore me 😉

Hoping to get the Brass Orb off on a 6+ and also to be in range of something that it wants to kill is a bit fleeting. More often than not it isn't going to work and thus it's a bit wasted.. but you don't have many options with what you're running. As for the Fiends, that's really the only threat you have in this list, except maybe for rolling well on the Doomwheels movement and shooting to kill a support hero. Once those Fiends (or the AW\Engineer) are gone, you have no hitting power whatsoever as they do next to no damage without buffs (around 4-5 times less damage, going from ~34 damage vs a 4+ save to ~8).

You have a lot of points tied into Clawhorde and it isn't doing anything for you; I just don't think a few less drops, a CP and another Artifact is worth 180 points in any way. I would much rather have 40 Stormvermin or none at all as there really is no benefit to them in anything smaller than that. At that point you would be better off just using Clanrats.

Any competitive list for us really needs to be running 2-4 threats. I do my best to include a long-range hero killing threat (6-9 Jezzails but the 2 Windlauncher Fiends can do this reasonably well too if buffed), something short\mid-range (Acolytes or Fiends) and something close range (Stormvermin or Monks). Doomwheel can work, but I think most of us will agree you need a minimum of 2 to pull anything off consistently. The advantage that we have as Skaven is that we can play relatively well in each phase.. although a lot of the stuff isn't magnificent on paper and rapidly falls off when going under 30 models or losing support heroes compared to other armies.

• Thanks 1

Had a great game against Nurgle this past weekend. Played 2020 Focal Points and used GHB20 rules. I brought this list:

Leaders
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (240)
- General
- Command Trait: Master of Magic  
- Artefact: Skavenbrew  
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy

Arch-Warlock (240) 

Clawlord (240)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Brutal Fury  

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Spears

20 x Clanrats (120)
- Spear

40 x Stormvermin (400)

Units
6 x Stormfiends (520)

Batallion
Claw-horde (180

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 148

I deployed with the idea of having 2 major threats - Grey Seer + Clawlord + 40 stormvermin and 40 Clanrats + 6 fiends + arch warlock. I brought the doomwheel for fun because the model, in the past, has done cool stuff whenever I field him. During this game, the DW brought Belakor down to 2 wounds and then he proceeded to blow himself up by doing 11 mortals to himself. I love that little ******. I really wanted to try a bunch of stormvermin fully buffed. They never got a chance to really fight because most of the damage came out of my stormfiends. Also, I was being too conservative with the stormvermin so next time I'm going to get them in there. In the right scenario, they would have 4 attacks each on 3/2/-1/1 and fighting when they die.

Not having access to the realm artefacts really makes you think differently about your lists. I think it's going to let people try out a lot more tome specific artefacts and I really like that.

I ended up losing by 1 point but realized later that evening that I would have been getting 1 extra point each turn from the Grey Seer holding an objective making me the winner in the end. It was a really fun list, a really fun game, and I'm looking forward to trying it out again with some tweaks. I think I would drop the doomwheel and fit in some more clanrats + an endless spell but I'm not sure yet. I could also drop the doomwheel and batallion and fit in a HPA, more clan rats, and an endless spell but I don't have an HPA yet and the less drops + extra artefact and CP are pretty important. I really feel like Skaven are in a good spot to not only be a competitive army but to be something that isn't giving bad play experiences to the other person (even though 6 stormfiends fully buffed hit like dumptrucks still).

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Predien said:

Had a great game against Nurgle this past weekend. Played 2020 Focal Points and used GHB20 rules. I brought this list:

Leaders
- General
- Artefact: Skavenbrew  

Arch-Warlock (240) 

Clawlord (240)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Brutal Fury  

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Spears

20 x Clanrats (120)
- Spear

40 x Stormvermin (400)

Units
6 x Stormfiends (520)

Batallion
Claw-horde (180

Wounds: 148

I deployed with the idea of having 2 major threats - Grey Seer + Clawlord + 40 stormvermin and 40 Clanrats + 6 fiends + arch warlock. I brought the doomwheel for fun because the model, in the past, has done cool stuff whenever I field him. During this game, the DW brought Belakor down to 2 wounds and then he proceeded to blow himself up by doing 11 mortals to himself. I love that little ******. I really wanted to try a bunch of stormvermin fully buffed. They never got a chance to really fight because most of the damage came out of my stormfiends. Also, I was being too conservative with the stormvermin so next time I'm going to get them in there. In the right scenario, they would have 4 attacks each on 3/2/-1/1 and fighting when they die.

Not having access to the realm artefacts really makes you think differently about your lists. I think it's going to let people try out a lot more tome specific artefacts and I really like that.

I ended up losing by 1 point but realized later that evening that I would have been getting 1 extra point each turn from the Grey Seer holding an objective making me the winner in the end. It was a really fun list, a really fun game, and I'm looking forward to trying it out again with some tweaks. I think I would drop the doomwheel and fit in some more clanrats + an endless spell but I'm not sure yet. I could also drop the doomwheel and batallion and fit in a HPA, more clan rats, and an endless spell but I don't have an HPA yet and the less drops + extra artefact and CP are pretty important. I really feel like Skaven are in a good spot to not only be a competitive army but to be something that isn't giving bad play experiences to the other person (even though 6 stormfiends fully buffed hit like dumptrucks still).

So what’s your thought on the battailon.

I did use it myself a few times, but it never did anything and it kinda seems to expensive for only a cp and an extra artefact.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

So what’s your thought on the battailon.

I did use it myself a few times, but it never did anything and it kinda seems to expensive for only a cp and an extra artefact.

The only reason I brought it was for the extra artefact. I wanted to give the stormfiends a "fall back" buff with the Vigordust Injector in case MMWP didn't go off (I'm notorious for rolling terrible). I would need to try the list out a little bit more to see if it's necessary but I don't think the buff the batallion gives to the Clawlord's ability is important. It is super expensive for just a CP and an artefact but I'm not sure there's any other way around it :(

40 minutes ago, Predien said:

At least you didn't play against the "60 Blightkings" meme-lists people are starting to run with their points drops 😅

Nice to see how it went for you overall. I never really considered the battalion so my quest is the same as Skreechs. I feel in this setup you'd be fine running Skavenbrew or Vigordust but having both isn't super worth that huge price tag on the battalion. I'll say that losing the realm artifacts is probably a net positive for us as everyone is losing their big Ethereal monsters (although, RIP Warpgnaw with Ghyrstrike). I'm mostly settled on my Acolytes\Fiends+Stormvermin\Monks+Jezzails lists, but seeing so many new options from everyone is refreshing.

I would agree about our competitivity. I do overall think we're in a reasonable spot (sometimes it feels worse, however), but against some of the new power creep it's generally going to be incredibly hard or impossible to do well. Having that AW\Engineer get blown off the table right away instantly makes the Fiends do nothing which is why I've gravitated more towards Acolytes as the points difference takes away the sting if I lose the hero and they generally do better than Fiends without buffs.. but not by much. I usually prefer being the underdog so I'm fine with where we sit.. it's just that those bad play experience armies seem to be coming more numerous.

Being the only local Skaven player, people know what my stuff can do and hyper focus heroes if able as the units tend to be subpar without them. I really feel a good change would be to only allow heroes to be targeted if they're the closest model like 40k, which I suggested before. Perhaps making it an army specific ability as I imagine most Skaven heroes are narratively surrounded by hordes of Clanrats anyway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

At least you didn't play against the "60 Blightkings" meme-lists people are starting to run with their points drops 😅

Nice to see how it went for you overall. I never really considered the battalion so my quest is the same as Skreechs. I feel in this setup you'd be fine running Skavenbrew or Vigordust but having both isn't super worth that huge price tag on the battalion. I'll say that losing the realm artifacts is probably a net positive for us as everyone is losing their big Ethereal monsters (although, RIP Warpgnaw with Ghyrstrike). I'm mostly settled on my Acolytes\Fiends+Stormvermin\Monks+Jezzails lists, but seeing so many new options from everyone is refreshing.

I would agree about our competitivity. I do overall think we're in a reasonable spot (sometimes it feels worse, however), but against some of the new power creep it's generally going to be incredibly hard or impossible to do well. Having that AW\Engineer get blown off the table right away instantly makes the Fiends do nothing which is why I've gravitated more towards Acolytes as the points difference takes away the sting if I lose the hero and they generally do better than Fiends without buffs.. but not by much. I usually prefer being the underdog so I'm fine with where we sit.. it's just that those bad play experience armies seem to be coming more numerous.

Being the only local Skaven player, people know what my stuff can do and hyper focus heroes if able as the units tend to be subpar without them. I really feel a good change would be to only allow heroes to be targeted if they're the closest model like 40k, which I suggested before. Perhaps making it an army specific ability as I imagine most Skaven heroes are narratively surrounded by hordes of Clanrats anyway.

You mind sharing the lists you've been playing recently? I'm a collector of armies but when I play competitively I usually find myself coming back to Skaven or FEC. I've got a good amount of Skryre stuff but I'm missing the weapon teams, jezzails, and acolytes. Might have to revisit Skaven in the fall and round out the collection.

You're 100% right about the AW/Engineer getting blown off the table. That is a real concern in this meta and I know when those stormfiends aren't buffed they aren't doing anything but taking up space and they are wayyy too expensive to not be doing anything. The Vigordust + giving them rr1s to hit helps a little bit but nothing compared to what MMWP does for them. If I was playing against Seraphon there's no way I'd ever get MMWP off and even if I did my AW/Engineer is dead by turn 3 - 2 if my opponent is lucky. Acolytes are a unit that I've been wanting to mess with but haven't pulled the trigger due to the age of their actual models. If I ever want to get some I'll just convert plague monks or the Blood Bowl box.

28 minutes ago, Predien said:

You mind sharing the lists you've been playing recently? I'm a collector of armies but when I play competitively I usually find myself coming back to Skaven or FEC. I've got a good amount of Skryre stuff but I'm missing the weapon teams, jezzails, and acolytes. Might have to revisit Skaven in the fall and round out the collection.

You're 100% right about the AW/Engineer getting blown off the table. That is a real concern in this meta and I know when those stormfiends aren't buffed they aren't doing anything but taking up space and they are wayyy too expensive to not be doing anything. The Vigordust + giving them rr1s to hit helps a little bit but nothing compared to what MMWP does for them. If I was playing against Seraphon there's no way I'd ever get MMWP off and even if I did my AW/Engineer is dead by turn 3 - 2 if my opponent is lucky. Acolytes are a unit that I've been wanting to mess with but haven't pulled the trigger due to the age of their actual models. If I ever want to get some I'll just convert plague monks or the Blood Bowl box.

Oh I've got way too many, all with varying degrees of success, although it hasn't helped that I've been playing against Seraphon more than anything else which, no matter what is a horrific matchup unless he uses less magic\shooting based lists (he doesn't competitively). Submitted this as my list for the 2 TTS tournaments I spoke about this weekend\next week:

Spoiler

Leaders
Warlock Bombardier (120)
- General
Warlock Bombardier (120)
Clawlord (100)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Verminous Valour

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Stormvermin (400)
- Halberd & Shield

Units
20 x Skryre Acolytes (200)

Artillery
Warplock Jezzails (420)

Wounds: 186

I took it from Dan Brewer (which I made sure he was aware 😉) but I definitely have reservations about it since my version was Fiends and 6 Jezzails over the Acolytes and the Bell. I had another one knocking around in my head that uses the classic Fiends with Bridge with Monks for melee, which I still think is a wonderful choice against our good matchups (IE, anything that can't dispel it easily) but can be used quite well against the bully armies if you manage to get it off. Which, generally I could since I bring Thanquol in that list for that reason.

The idea with the above is just to dampen the blow if the Engineers get taken out since Acolytes can still go after units of 10+ with pretty good effectiveness despite having no buffs. I think units of 6 Jezzails are just fine and have been running that with good success, but had nothing else worth 140 points I felt I could replace them with so kept the 9. I love Stormvermin, but I still feel they're too expensive since they're really 500 points due to needing that Clawlord for the extra attack. Regardless of that, I want to try them in a tournament since the last one with 80 Monks didn't go great for me. Monks still get most jobs done with the benefit of not needing support and being incredibly cheap. They're going to bounce off anything with a 3+ or better save though most of the time.

Some have began running 2x20 Acolytes and 2-4 Doomwheels with\without Jezzails it seems to be working fairly well. We've never had the resilience to tank a double turn against us, so lists like that can generally play it back for a turn with Clanrat screens or run up with the Acolytes and Doomwheels and take stuff off and I'm very intrigued by these types of lists. Someone linked Doom & Darkness' latest batrep where he played against a Skaven player doing just that and it was great.. of course 1 bad priority roll and the Skaven player would've lost by T2.. such is the way of life for us though.

• Like 2

Played my first ever game as skaven today. Played vs LRL

Leaders
Warlock Bombardier (120)
Verminlord Warbringer (280)
- General
- Artefact: Things-Bane

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave

Artillery
Warplock Jezzails (420)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Wounds: 188

He ran 

Allegiance: Lumineth Realm Lords
- Great Nation: Syar

Leaders
Archmage Teclis and Celennar, Spirit of Hysh (660)
Scinari Cathallar (140)
- General
- Command Trait: Goading Arrogance
- Artefact: The Perfect Blade

Battleline
10 x Vanari Auralan Sentinels (140)
10 x Vanari Auralan Wardens (120)

Units
5 x Vanari Dawnriders (130)

Battalions
Auralan Legion (120)

Sanctum of Amyntok (30)

Wounds: 101

The battleplan was the one where you raze objectives. We played in Chamon.

He took the first turn and cast a load of support spells. I used my unbinds to stop a couple of the sun weapons from becoming empowered on the sentinels. I didn't think I had much chance on the Teclis spells and reducing his ranged threat seemed like the best option.

In movement he shuffled his sentinels and wardens forward, as well as the cathallar and Teclis. One unit of riders went 28 inches to threatened my left flank, where a unit of 20 clan rats was holding the objective and screening 40 monks.

In the shooting phase he went for my screen of clan rats and the screaming bell. I lost quite a few rats from a couple of units and the bell took 2 wounds,  but my jezzails and engineer were fine so I called that a big win. Had he gone for those I think the game could have turned.

In combat his riders killed quite a few clan rats from my screen, but the units were still alive and immune to bs. I did minimal damage back. 

In my turn I failed to cast any useful spells, moved my clan rats to ensure I was keeping the objective that had been flanked and then pushed everything forward. The verminlord was able to get within 4 inches of Teclis who had been left without a screen.

Shooting phase the jezzails did 10 wounds onto Teclis, engineer did nothing and the verminlord did nothing. In combat the verminlord did 4 more wounds onto Teclis,  i lost some more clan rats and monks but killed the riders.

Turn 2

I won the roll off, didn't get much luck with magic but did manage more more warp power on the jezzails.

Movement phase I retreated the verminlord, moved the monks up to Teclis and then began moving my other monks and clan rats up towards his flanks.

Shooting phase I killed the cathallar with jezzails, could have probably split attacks as it was a big overkill.

Combat, monks killed Teclis and that was about it.

His turn 2, he moved units up and did 4 wounds to the engineer. Nothing much else happened.

We called it turn 3 as he was vastly outnumbered and I was able to burn 3 of his points.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Played my first ever game as skaven today. Played vs LRL

Leaders
Warlock Bombardier (120)
Verminlord Warbringer (280)
- General
- Artefact: Things-Bane

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave

Artillery
Warplock Jezzails (420)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Wounds: 188

He ran 

Allegiance: Lumineth Realm Lords
- Great Nation: Syar

Leaders
Archmage Teclis and Celennar, Spirit of Hysh (660)
Scinari Cathallar (140)
- General
- Command Trait: Goading Arrogance
- Artefact: The Perfect Blade

Battleline

Units

Battalions
Auralan Legion (120)

Sanctum of Amyntok (30)

Wounds: 101

The battleplan was the one where you raze objectives. We played in Chamon.

He took the first turn and cast a load of support spells. I used my unbinds to stop a couple of the sun weapons from becoming empowered on the sentinels. I didn't think I had much chance on the Teclis spells and reducing his ranged threat seemed like the best option.

In movement he shuffled his sentinels and wardens forward, as well as the cathallar and Teclis. One unit of riders went 28 inches to threatened my left flank, where a unit of 20 clan rats was holding the objective and screening 40 monks.

In the shooting phase he went for my screen of clan rats and the screaming bell. I lost quite a few rats from a couple of units and the bell took 2 wounds,  but my jezzails and engineer were fine so I called that a big win. Had he gone for those I think the game could have turned.

In combat his riders killed quite a few clan rats from my screen, but the units were still alive and immune to bs. I did minimal damage back. 

In my turn I failed to cast any useful spells, moved my clan rats to ensure I was keeping the objective that had been flanked and then pushed everything forward. The verminlord was able to get within 4 inches of Teclis who had been left without a screen.

Shooting phase the jezzails did 10 wounds onto Teclis, engineer did nothing and the verminlord did nothing. In combat the verminlord did 4 more wounds onto Teclis,  i lost some more clan rats and monks but killed the riders.

Turn 2

I won the roll off, didn't get much luck with magic but did manage more more warp power on the jezzails.

Movement phase I retreated the verminlord, moved the monks up to Teclis and then began moving my other monks and clan rats up towards his flanks.

Shooting phase I killed the cathallar with jezzails, could have probably split attacks as it was a big overkill.

Combat, monks killed Teclis and that was about it.

His turn 2, he moved units up and did 4 wounds to the engineer. Nothing much else happened.

We called it turn 3 as he was vastly outnumbered and I was able to burn 3 of his points.

Great battle report there mate!😍.

Although, there is just one slight problem,

”The Verminlord Warbringer is missing the Masterclan keyword, and this can not take any artefacts or commandtraits from the masterclan trait tables.

so what you did there was technically not possible.

Still it was a great and fantastic report, and as a fellow skaventide player, who has used the Warbringer as the general of my many list, I’d give him the brutal fury command trait, with the things-bane artefact.

use the command trait on the correct time, and not even teclis will be able to survive his fury. 

7 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Great battle report there mate!😍.

Although, there is just one slight problem,

”The Verminlord Warbringer is missing the Masterclan keyword, and this can not take any artefacts or commandtraits from the masterclan trait tables.

so what you did there was technically not possible.

Still it was a great and fantastic report, and as a fellow skaventide player, who has used the Warbringer as the general of my many list, I’d give him the brutal fury command trait, with the things-bane artefact.

use the command trait on the correct time, and not even teclis will be able to survive his fury. 

Ah doh! There are so many tables in the book, I got a bit mixed up.

Luckily it didn't impact anything as I failed his spell and he didn't unbind anything. Thanks for clearing up though.

12 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Ah doh! There are so many tables in the book, I got a bit mixed up.

Luckily it didn't impact anything as I failed his spell and he didn't unbind anything. Thanks for clearing up though.

Yeah no problem mate.

Mistakes are made.

Happens to even the best of us.

Anyways, how did you like playing the Skaventide.

15 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yeah no problem mate.

Mistakes are mate.

Happens to even the best of us.

Anyways, how did you like playing the Skaventide.

I was playing on TTS so it was a bit different. Hard to move the big blobs of little models while still being precise to get as many into combat as possible.

Overall I enjoyed it though. Very different experience to playing my deepkin, but felt like a very balanced army. You can compete in every phase of the game which is nice. Even Teclis couldn't guarantee his magic.

10 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Hey guys, the clawlord on Brood Horror is stil legal right? He has points in the GHB as 180, but I cant find him in the warscroll builder except in the legends tab at 160... should I be concerned?

Concerned, always, when it comes down to the skaven roster.

with no new models, and most of the newer stuff already removed, I always fear, that gw might discontinue 75%of our units in the near future.

22 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Hey guys, the clawlord on Brood Horror is stil legal right? He has points in the GHB as 180, but I cant find him in the warscroll builder except in the legends tab at 160... should I be concerned?

Hi, this unit has been moved to legends. That means it's only legal in matched play with your opponents consent. 

2 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Hi, this unit has been moved to legends. That means it's only legal in matched play with your opponents consent. 

Thay really throws off my whole list :/

So now I need help figuring out what to do with 100 points. My list I want to run is:

Verminlord Warbringer w/thing bane

Clawlord

Grey seer on bell

warlock bombadier 

40 clan rats

40 clan rata

40 stormvermin

2 warp lightning cannons

That leaves me with 100 exactly. I'm not looking for a tournament list but I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a nice way to spend those points. I'm considering dropping 20 clan rats for another warp cannon but I can only empower 1 a turn anyways so maybe not. I can drop 20 rats to bring a claw horde batallion but that seems like a huge target on my easily killed claw lord. I could turn the bombadier into a second engineer and bring another engineer which doesnt hurt for redundancy but I dont really need it with just the 2 cannons. I can bring a single death master but that feels like a waste.

It feels like the neatest package I can do is to bring 5 gutter runners to screen and a viletide or bell spell.

I dont love any of it but I really want to run a 40 block of stormvermin with the command traits off the warbringer and clawlord... which hmmm does make me a little hungry for CP. Maybe I should drop the bell for a regular seer and bring the snoutgrovel robes as my extra artifact... or I can drop the bell or engineer to bring 40 more clanrats and make a real swarm... decisions decisions.

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

Thay really throws off my whole list :/

So now I need help figuring out what to do with 100 points. My list I want to run is:

Verminlord Warbringer w/thing bane

Clawlord

Grey seer on bell

warlock bombadier 

40 clan rats

40 clan rata

40 stormvermin

2 warp lightning cannons

That leaves me with 100 exactly. I'm not looking for a tournament list but I'm pulling my hair out trying to find a nice way to spend those points. I'm considering dropping 20 clan rats for another warp cannon but I can only empower 1 a turn anyways so maybe not. I can drop 20 rats to bring a claw horde batallion but that seems like a huge target on my easily killed claw lord. I could turn the bombadier into a second engineer and bring another engineer which doesnt hurt for redundancy but I dont really need it with just the 2 cannons. I can bring a single death master but that feels like a waste.

It feels like the neatest package I can do is to bring 5 gutter runners to screen and a viletide or bell spell.

I dont love any of it but I really want to run a 40 block of stormvermin with the command traits off the warbringer and clawlord... which hmmm does make me a little hungry for CP. Maybe I should drop the bell for a regular seer and bring the snoutgrovel robes as my extra artifact... or I can drop the bell or engineer to bring 40 more clanrats and make a real swarm... decisions decisions.

I think a good combination of your ideas would be to drop the bombardier to an engineer and bring 5 Gutter Runners and a CP. Keep the bell, it's much less squishy than a Grey Seer and the battalion is way overpriced for a very situational ability.