5kaven5lave

@Skreech Verminking That's... incredibly disappointing and I'm not in the least bit surprised. The minor decreases seem odd and upping Engineers by 10 makes no sense when their one and only purpose is Acolyte\Fiend buffing which has gone downhill as a strategy due to the meta. Skaven haven't been performing super well so I'm not sure how these were thrown together.

Oh well.. there's a reason I said cautiously pessimistic 😉. The saddest part is that SV still aren't viable at 400 points compared to running 2x40 Monks, at least not for me. I may run them to try them out at least, we'll see.

Seriously did they remove the horde bonus from stormvermin?! WHAT!? 

Decrease acolytes max unit? ****** this.

doomwheel 10p cheaper, but engineer 10p more expesinve. It evens out. No point

Edited by Darkhan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Darkhan said:

Seriously did they remove the horde bonus from stormvermin?! WHAT!? 

Decrease acolytes max unit? ****** this

I wish they’d increased the max. Unit size for clanrats to 60.

But no😭

edit: and decreased points for every single battailons, especially the clawhorde for like say 60points

but no!

Edited by Skreech Verminking

@Darkhan Yeah, absolutely silly things here. 40 Stormvermin + Clawlord is still a quarter of your list yet 2x40 Monks would get the job done better most of the time and cost marginally more. As for the minor decreases... yeah, they have a habit of changing one thing but upping something that goes together with it, effectively making a non-change. I would've gone back to running Acolytes if they changed back to 25mm, but currently they seem pointless.

Curious to see that WLV went down to 80; I could at least somewhat justify it now in my Thanquol setups.

@Skreech Verminking are you sure about that? I haven't seen that anywhere. Only that everything CoS and onward would get their points updates later.. my guess is either 2 weeks from now or during the 6 month FAQ's which would be this winter. Or maybe I read it wrong.. cause I think Seraphon got updates too. Oh well.

Edited by Gwendar

1 minute ago, Gwendar said:

@Skreech Verminking are you sure about that? I haven't seen that anywhere. Only that everything CoS and onward would get their points updates later.. my guess is either 2 weeks from now or during the 6 month FAQ's which would be this winter.

I probably misunderstood.

but well at least there are some upside to those changes.

for example having the max. Size for acolytes go down to 20, kinda make them better, since they are a but more mobile then before.

And at 200points Acolytes especially in units of 20 seem to have become a steal.

Especially when you combine them with a huge amount of protective clanrats.

• Like 1

Despite not getting the decrease in points in stormvermin that many were hoping for and the odd slight increase to the engineer we still got some point decreases in a lot of units that have been put into a lot of lists around here lately. Thanquol, Doomwheels, Acolytes and Hell Pit Abominations went down in prices and nothing of serious note was increased to negatively affect our lists (other then the engineer). These might be a enough savings to gain something else we might need in terms of units, unit size upgrades or even a starting command point.

I'm a bit excited honestly and I can't wait to play this game again since I've been quarantined for quite some time now. I really want to try out some of the ideas that have been floating around here with a unit of 40 monks going underground with a warpgrinder and then have a warpgnaw verminlord pop up at one gnawhole with 20 clan rats while two hell pit abominations, Thanquol and a horde of clan rats screaming at our enemies! Our enemies will panic at the sight of being surrounded by the might of the skaven!

WLV went down to 80 pts I see

We’re ok.  Nice to have the changes, I’m happy Acolytes dropped as I’m finishing 130.  

Jezzails didn’t change, most of our anchor units are about the same, and taking all three of our Spells is only 160 total.

Edited by Coyote

What's this? A full batrep after nearly 5 months? Yeah.. I missed doing them. I didn't plan to do any during this TTS tournament but figured I would for this 2nd game vs "that" Seraphon list (12 Salamanders). I'll say that I definitely like this list, although with Ghyrstrike (confirmed?) gone then the Warpgnaw no longer has a place in my point of view. He's incredibly glass cannon already and losing the 2's\2's will hurt too much. Once the tournament is over I think I'll start theory-crafting some new stuff, maybe even with Stormvermin.

For those curious, 1st game was vs a StD list with Archaon. I royally flubbed it and it was over fairly quick. I went against my better judgement and tried to focus Archaon down to no avail, who then deleted Jezzails (who I had just close enough behind the Clanrats), Monks, Warpgnaw, etc since he can pile in multiple times. Dude was cool and a tournament Skaven player so we talked about a lot for about 30 minutes afterwards.. got a lot of useful insight from him 😉

Don't know who my 3rd game will be against until later tonight, but it looks like it may be between Lumineth, DoT, more Seraphon, CoS or KO on Battle for the Pass. I'll try to get another report up for the final game.

Edited by Gwendar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Alright, here's a few lists with the new GHB changes in mind (and no, Warscroll Builder isn't updated; I manually changed the points) so thoughts are always welcome and wanted. I really considered 6-8 Rat Ogres with a MM\Packmaster.. but I still think they're too expensive for what they do. If  they went down to 70-80 I would definitely consider them a lot more, but right now 40 Monks are just better and cheaper. With the Warpgrinder Monks list doing reasonably well, I feel like branching out a bit more so these are mostly very mixed lists. I've largely come to terms with Jezzails being taken in 6's for the sole purpose of 5-wound support hero sniping; 9 won't be enough to take out Kroak\Teclis\etc anyway and I would always need another unit of something to finish the job. That said, I think there's something in running 12 now... but I know I won't get the bits together again to make 3 more since the first 9 were a pain in the ass to begin with 😅

Anyway:

Warbginer+SV+Monks+Jezzails

Spoiler

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Verminlord Warbringer (280)
- General
- Command Trait: Brutal Fury
- Artefact: Things-Bane
Verminlord Warpseer (320)
Clawlord (100)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Verminous Valour

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Stormvermin (400)
- Halberd & Shield

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave

Artillery
Warplock Jezzails (280)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Bell of Doom
 (40)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 161

Thanquol+Acolytes+SV+Jezzails

Spoiler

Leaders
Warlock Bombardier (120)
- General
- Command Trait: Deranged Inventor
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Thanquol on Boneripper (390)
- 4 Warpfire Projectors
Clawlord (100)
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait: Verminous Valour

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Stormvermin (400)
- Halberd & Shield

Units
20 x Skryre Acolytes (200)

Artillery
Warplock Jezzails (420)

Bell of Doom (40)

Extra Command Points: 0
Wounds: 161

Thanquol+Fiends\Warpgrinder+Jezzails

Spoiler

Leaders
Warlock Bombardier (120)
- General
Warlock Bombardier (120)
Thanquol on Boneripper (390)
- 4 Warpfire Projectors
- Lore of Ruin: Skitterleap

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
6 x Stormfiends (520)
- 2x Windlaunchers
- 2x Ratling Cannons
- 2x Shock Gauntlets
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)

Artillery
Warplock Jezzails (280)

Bell of Doom (40)

Wounds: 154

Warpgrinder Monks+Warbringer+Jezzails

Spoiler

Leaders
Verminlord Warbringer (280)
- General
- Command Trait: Brutal Fury
- Artefact: Things-Bane
Warlock Engineer (110)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Warp Lightning Shield

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)

Artillery
Warplock Jezzails (280)

Chronomantic Cogs (80)
Bell of Doom (40)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 195

Warpgrinder Fiends+Monks+Jezzails

Spoiler

Leaders
Warlock Bombardier (120)
- General
Warlock Bombardier (120)

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
6 x Stormfiends (520)
- 2x Windlaunchers
- 2x Ratling Cannons
- 2x Shock Gauntlets
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)

Artillery
Warplock Jezzails (280)

Chronomantic Cogs (80)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 167

So.. that last one is an alternate take on my current and something I doubt I would ever take to a major tournament. The 12" range on the Ratling Cannons means unless I go 2nd and get a double turn they would likely be dead against anyone smart enough to screen them off from shooting anything worthwhile. The 2nd to last above it is a more practical re-work of my current, swapping the Warpgnaw, Bombardier and 3 Jezzails out for a Warbringer, Extra CP, 20 Clanrats and Engineer. Nearly 200 wounds and access to DDF while the Warbringer can be about as killy as the Warpgnaw with Ghyrstrike. We'll see what the realm artifacts look like when the GHB releases, but without Ghyrstrike I don't see him being ran anymore as he would only average about 10 damage with Malevolent + RR1's to hit with a CP.

I think the strongest choice here in terms of well-roundedness is the 2nd with Thanquol + SV + Acolytes, but I do really enjoy the idea of the 1st if all goes according to plan. It would do well against CC fast armies that want to charge me T1 and get a double turn; double DF Stormvermin is a big deterrent on top of DF Monks. I enjoy my Warpgrinder list, so I may continue running it using the updated 2nd to last list.

Edited by Gwendar
  • Like 1

I have to admit... i am really happy about the pts reductions for clan moulder. I normally include Thanquol, a hell pit and 2 units of rat ogres. My 2k lists now have an extra 80 or 90 pts to play with :D

And i can start playing stormvermin in my mixed lists.... better get on eBay quick 🤣

Let’s see here:

Heroes:600p

1Verminlord Warbringer:280p (general Brutal Fury, artefact: Rune blade or Things bane)

1Verminlord Warpseer:320p

battleline:1000p

40Stormvermins:400p

40Stormvermins:400p

40Clanrats:200p

others:200p

20Gutter Runners:200p

Spells:150p

Spell Portal:70p

warplightning Vortex:80p

cp:50points

total:2000points

Edit: I’m not sure How well it would work but it’s worth a try 

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Tbh, I don't see the reason why everyone is taking stormvermin now in their list. Sure they got cheaper. But 400 points is a lot for a "chaf" unit. And imo, you want that clawlord. So 500p.

Sure, ill test it myself. But I really don't see this being a big WOW. Monks still a lot cheaper.

I'm just salty that they did not go down to 350p😂

I'm happy to see stormvermin get a drop, I was hoping for something like 90/360 because they loose a lot of combat punch when they hit half strength  but they are still a solid battleline choice and doubly so when if you get death frenzy off on them (because they die fast! ) I can see myself taking a unit of 40 with 2 units of clanrats much more often now.  Would it be worth trying 30 now that there is no horde discount? With the way their hit/wound bonuses work I still think probably not.

Hey there 
I'm just getting into AoS and wanting to make a fun but still competitive army. I've been looking around a bit, and would love to hear what you think of list below! I'm adding 2x engineers for consistency getting MMMWP off and for some assurance since they seem quite squishy. I'm thinking the Greyseer and clanrats could make an effective screen of clanrats that dont run away, while the Jezzails and Stormfiends can deal damage from behind.
What do you think?

LEADERS
Warlock Engineer (110)
- Artefact : Vigordust Injector
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism : More-more-more Warp Power!
Warlock Engineer (110)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism : More-more-more Warp Power!
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (240)
- General
- Verminous Valour
- Lore of Ruin : Skitterleap

UNITS 
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200) 6" 6+ 1 4
- Rusty Spear
6 x Stormfiends (520) 6" 4+ 6 6