5kaven5lave

23 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well I have painted them unassembled and assembled.

they are pretty easy to paint unassembled, and you just get the feeling of wanting to do another 12.

On the other hand you’ll only paint an assembled doomwheel ones!, before you start screaming in agony and cursing your live with horrendous words, not even the most curious teenager would dare say.

I painted it unassembled, and no way did I want to paint another 12😂

28 minutes ago, gronnelg said:

I see people wanting clanrats in units of 60. What would be the benefit of this?

More models in a unit😜😂.

The number 60 seems to be some kind of a magical number.

many units usually get buffed or used because they can destroy a unit of 40 models with ease, these units usually do around 45-50damage before saves per round, and 60 is just that number where those units start to struggle to get a unit whiped of the table.

Stabbas and Shootas from the gloomspite range have those option, why shouldn’t the skaven have it too?

After all they both share their love towards gigantic blobs of meatshields

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2

Alright, registered for a TTS tournament this weekend and stuck between the following. It'll be Battle for the Pass, Scorched Earth and Total Conquest and Lumineth will be allowed:

Grinders/Fiends

Spoiler

Allegiance: Skaventide
Mortal Realm: Ghyran

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Deranged Inventor
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Warpgnaw Verminlord (260)
- Artefact: Ghyrstrike

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)
6 x Stormfiends (520)
- 2x Windlaunchers
- 2x Ratling Cannons
- 2x Shock Gauntlets
1 x Doomwheel (160)
1 x Doomwheel (160)

Artillery
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Bell of Doom (40)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 142

Thanquol/Warpgnaw:

Spoiler

Leaders
- General
- Command Trait: Malevolent
Thanquol on Boneripper (400)
- 4 Warpfire Projectors
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
1 x Doomwheel (160)

Artillery

Bell of Doom (40)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 167

The 1st is experimental and dunno that I could change much of anything, but the 2nd is my current go to template and thus could be changed around. For example, I could drop the CP and the DW and bring a Bombardier to buff one of the WLC's on top of having a chancy 2d6 damage shot if needed. Alternatively, I could drop the WLC's and CP and have 9 Jezzails.

Thoughts welcome of course before I officially submit a list. I want to bring 15-20 Gutter Runners or 10 Night Runners but.. can't really find a way to include them without sacrificing things I feel are necessary to remove threats.

Edited by Gwendar

39 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

Lumineth will be allowed:

Already?

they aren’t even out for sale yet, unless we’re talking about that 1box that probably has enough models for a 400point game.

46 minutes ago, Coyote said:

@Skreech Verminking I see you have a drinking cup on your work table - Pro tip - Don’t drink your paint water.  Learn from my mistakes my friend.  🐁🐁

Thx, although you came a bit late😂

1 hour ago, Darkhan said:

@Gwendar Have you thought about doing 2x40 plague monks underground with 2x grinders? Toss in cogs if you want for the 6+ charge. 

Since it's TTS, perfect opportunity to try it out. 

Objective snaggers T3/T4. People tends to forget stuff in reserve:) 

Considered it, but felt the Fiends would be the better option against Kroaks/Teclis' or Kairos.. assuming they don't zone them out. I'm concerned with getting the cast off but you've definitely got me thinking about another version... I'll get to tinkering 😉

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Already?

they aren’t even out for sale yet, unless we’re talking about that 1box that probably has enough models for a 400point game.

Thx, although you came a bit late😂

Remember this is for Tabletop Simulator so people have already made models for the units, even if they're not all released yet. From the streams I've watched on the TTS discord for AoS, Teclis has been absolutely dominating as expected.

2 hours ago, Gwendar said:

Alright, registered for a TTS tournament this weekend and stuck between the following. It'll be Battle for the Pass, Scorched Earth and Total Conquest and Lumineth will be allowed:

Grinders/Fiends

Hide contents

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Command Trait: Deranged Inventor
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)
6 x Stormfiends (520)
- 2x Windlaunchers
- 2x Ratling Cannons
- 2x Shock Gauntlets
1 x Doomwheel (160)
1 x Doomwheel (160)

Artillery

Bell of Doom (40)

Wounds: 142

Thanquol/Warpgnaw:

Hide contents

Leaders
- General
Thanquol on Boneripper (400)
- 4 Warpfire Projectors
- Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
1 x Doomwheel (160)

Artillery

Bell of Doom (40)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Wounds: 167

The 1st is experimental and dunno that I could change much of anything, 

As I said played something really similar to 1st si would be curious about it. I actually think also SF are great as pop out in thé current meta to kill big threat at once without being killed first

10 minutes ago, Woodhell said:

As I said played something really similar to 1st si would be curious about it. I actually think also SF are great as pop out in thé current meta to kill big threat at once without being killed first

I've considered Fiends as well but it would be tight and I would need a 3rd Grinder for the Engineer (don't want to rely on a more expensive Grey Seer to get off Skitterleap) so for now this is what I'm considering after @Darkhan mentioned it:

Spoiler

Leaders
- General
Warlock Engineer (100)
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: Warp Lightning Shield

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)
10 x Night Runners (80)

Artillery

Chronomantic Cogs (80)
Bell of Doom (40)

Wounds: 187

I could drop one of the Monk units and a Cannon, however I would need to also drop the other Cannon or something else to make room for the 3rd Warp Grinder if I wanted to use Fiends.

Edited by Gwendar

@Gwendar I always use fiends with some kind of teleport. If not, I don't get the value out of them enough imo. Unless I'm playing against orruks.
I either do a Deceiver gnawbomb combo + skitterleap engineer. Or toss them with a grinder team, and skitterleap the general engineer with reroll hits trait.

Or bridge (Not anymore tho cause of unit decrease). Actually, bridge might be ok if you screen them with some night runners with the 2xd6 pre move. Not tested tho.

A lot that needs to go the right way here..but hey;p 

I thought about the 2x40 monks underground cause of tzeentch etc..how can I get a fair threat to not get T1 killed, and make the other player stress a little T3...hm..just put them underground😂

When all comes to all, our power is starting to get meeeeh compared to other armies. Really sad.

But I have some faith in 2x40 monks underground to be honest. You could also swap out the one of the cannons and warpgnaw for 9 jezzails  if you want more range. I miss that second engineer with two cannons in your list:(

EDIT: Don't remove the warpgnaw, would be too bad if you could not cast cogs cause the engineer got killed haha.

Edited by Darkhan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Darkhan said:

@Gwendar I always use fiends with some kind of teleport. If not, I don't get the value out of them enough imo. Unless I'm playing against orruks.
I either do a Deceiver gnawbomb combo + skitterleap engineer. Or toss them with a grinder team, and skitterleap the general engineer with reroll hits trait.

Or bridge (Not anymore tho cause of unit decrease). Actually, bridge might be ok if you screen them with some night runners with the 2xd6 pre move. Not tested tho.

A lot that needs to go the right way here..but hey;p 

I thought about the 2x40 monks underground cause of tzeentch etc..how can I get a fair threat to not get T1 killed, and make the other player stress a little T3...hm..just put them underground😂

When all comes to all, our power is starting to get meeeeh compared to other armies. Really sad.

But I have some faith in 2x40 monks underground to be honest. You could also swap out the one of the cannons and warpgnaw for 9 jezzails  if you want more range. I miss that second engineer with two cannons in your list:(

EDIT: Don't remove the warpgnaw, would be too bad if you could not cast cogs cause the engineer got killed haha.

I just don't think it makes sense in this regard as I feel long range MWs is necessary and losing the WLC's isn't worth it. But yeah, a lot does need to go right in that scenario which is what I try to minimize; in this setup I really only need Cogs to go off which means the engineer will be sitting outside unbind as much as possible.

I agree though.. anti meta is fun to play obviously but I still feel incredibly weak by comparison which is why I've placed us around the low C to low B tier.

I think I'll submit the above though. Even if I roll average on 1 overcharged WLC + the normal shot from the other it would be doing around the same as 9 Jezzails. Hell, I could be real ridiculous and drop the WLC's and Engineer for 3 Doomwheels but that's approaching the ridiculousness territory. I need the Engineer specifically for the cast RR's but I definitely am excited for trying this out, although I'm not 100% confident altogether 😅

• LOVE IT! 1

55 minutes ago, Darkhan said:

Unless we get a huge buff this GHB, I'm going @Skreech Verminking style the next IRL tournament for the hell of it.

4x bombardiers at least.

3x doomwheels

2-3x cannons.

acolytes / fiends for battleline. And I'm going to overcharge EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME! And drinking beer.

@Skreech VerminkingStyle?

that does sound interesting🤔 (🤪😂)

• LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Darkhan said:

@Gwendar go for it! Give us feedback with the 2x40 monks trick:)

Unless we get a huge buff this GHB, I'm going @Skreech Verminking style the next IRL tournament for the hell of it.

4x bombardiers at least.

3x doomwheels

2-3x cannons.

acolytes / fiends for battleline. And I'm going to overcharge EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME! And drinking beer.

Yeah that coups be really interesting  for 2x40 monks! @Darkhan I love the spirit ahahahaha and might try @Skreech Verminking launched a real style

@Darkhan Oh I plan to be updating you all after each. It's 1 game a day (trying to make it spread across 3 days due to everyone being in different time zones so no one's playing at 4am) so I have time.. if there's a link for us streaming in discord I'll post it here for anyone that wants to watch.

Think I may actually switch the 2 WLC's (thus also dropping the NR's) to 9 Jezzails again in this particular instance despite saying otherwise a couple posts back. I spoke with a couple tournament guys and got a bit more feedback and that was both their suggestion.. so we'll see. Getting the teleporting Gnawhole shots with these long sight lines could be invaluable on top of the average damage being higher. Of course I'm most curious to see how the Monks do. It really depends on getting Cogs off or else I'll have to keep them in reserve another turn since there's no DF available to allow them to take a hit and hit back. Of course I gotta also hope I can roll a 6+ twice on 2d6 after that 😉

Edited by Gwendar
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, michu said:

Brilliant! Consider the idea stolen-snatched, yes-yes!

Still I need the official Bombardier - such a good sculpt.

Thx, I got the inspiration of the Skaventide battle-tome, that tells how each Bombardier uses a different explosive head, that shows their specific Engine coven.

And I was very interested in building up an Army that just use poisoned wind as a tool, and Since the wind mortars (great models) were discontinued, this kinda seemed to become the perfect model to become some kind of an sup warlock.

And yes the original model for the warlock bombardier is fantastic.C7F88575-D08D-4860-A9E6-70CA44EB8524.jpeg.6a1d0db2d25d41fbf3b739c1897a9c25.jpeg

I’ll be taking him with me as well.

Although The TO approved of my conversions, There probably still will be a few Players who may not approve of using my Doom engineer as an Option, since his base is way bigger than that of a normal Warlock.

So the original Bombardier will be there as a back up

• Like 2

So I’ve got some good and bad news my friends:

the good news are that our little friends the stormvermins seem to have gotten a points decrease, and are now available at a 100 points per 10 models, although they don’t get a horde bonus anymore.

on the other hand Doomwheels and plague claws have both seen a small change and are now available at a modest 150points.

skryre acolytes have seen a decrease as well, which I kinda find funny.

THE SAD PART: certain Units like the Warlock Engineer has gotten a points raise, and our battailons mainly seem unchanged.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Chumphammer/status/1278825104613314560?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

the good news are that our little friends the stormvermins seem to have gotten a points decrease, and are now available at a 100 points per 10 models, although they don’t get a horde bonus anymore.

on the other hand Doomwheels and plague claws have both seen a small change and are now available at a modest 150points.

skryre acolytes have seen a decrease as well, which I kinda find funny.

THE SAD PART: certain Units like the Warlock Engineer has gotten a points raise, and our battailons mainly seem unchanged.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Chumphammer/status/1278825104613314560?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Whaaaaaaat??!!!!

36 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

That’s great news. I really hope they rebox them soon with rounds. It sucks that they’re only available from GW direct.

Tho I’d settle for them being included in a start collecting box.