5kaven5lave

TRUE.

That's why I wrote my list above, with 3 behemoth, it is still valid...and I think that it'd be a pain in my oponent butt.  A rain of magic, some nice boost, some heavy hitters, mobility with the gnawholes, magic boost with them also, flexibility with the 2x20 clanrat (easy to respawn near a hole (40 is too much especially if your enemy has some unit near it), a lot of mortal wounds with canons and magic.

Strategy: strong center with 40 rats+1 or 2 behemoth+ canon, the other units are here for objectives and harasment/termination of enemy units.

36 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Are you sure this Endless Spells Warp Lightning Vortex (100) is worth his points?

On it's own I'm not too certain if it's worth it aside from zoning out an area.

...Once you start combining it with Warpgale\Dreaded Warpgale, Shackles, etc is when it gets insane, assuming your opponent continually fails to dispell it. You can essentially quarter or halve the movement\charges of units on top of them not being able to run or fly. They won't be able to escape unless they can teleport or dispell WLV.

Edited by Gwendar
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Gwendar said:

...Once you start combining it with Warpgale\Dreaded Warpgale, Shackles, etc is when it gets insane, assuming your opponent continually fails to dispell it. You can essentially quarter or halve the movement\charges of units on top of them not being able to run or fly. They won't be able to escape unless they can teleport or dispell WLV.

I hadn't thought of reducing movement to keep the enemy caged in the lightning field.  That's brilliant!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lord Krungharr said:

I hadn't thought of reducing movement to keep the enemy caged in the lightning field.  That's brilliant!

So, for this to work, you really need some strong magic or everything is falling down and you ES points are just trash. Still hesitating  between this or one Canon...

In fact, with low magin enemy, it is almost a no brainer. But in front of some heavy magic (LoN, NH, Tzench, ...) I dunno...

The nice part is that an overcharged grey seer (average 9 or so, plus a gnawhole bonus) is able to semI-reliably summon the warp vortex unless the enemy gets really lucky on a dispel role, and can reliably re-summon it if still alive.

Edited by Vaeron

14 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

So, for this to work, you really need some strong magic or everything is falling down and you ES points are just trash. Still hesitating  between this or one Canon...

In fact, with low magin enemy, it is almost a no brainer. But in front of some heavy magic (LoN, NH, Tzench, ...) I dunno...

I always bring 1-2 WLC's no matter the list (unless I try running full Eshin sometime) but I think you've got it. Anyone that can easily unbind or dispell it will in turn have an easier time dealing with it and I would rather have a WLC to snipe said wizards with. I have some local players who love to pack their heroes on top of each other, so this would work well against that or the 2-3 DoK lists with Witch Aelves hordes.

13 minutes ago, Vaeron said:

The nice part is that an overcharged grey seer (average 9 or so, plus a gnawhole bonus) is able to semI-reliably summon the warp vortex unless the enemy gets really lucky on a dispel role, and can reliably re-summon it if still alive.

Yep. If I don't take Thanquol, having a Grey Seer is a must-have for those important spells. I have an alternate list I will be trying out after this weekend that takes out Thanquol in favor of a Screaming Bell + Grey Seer on foot + the Warpseer who will be making an appearance in pretty much every single list I take.

Following the nice feedback on the previous picture I posted of my army, I decided to log my clan story on this TGA blog:

The battletome has motivated me to advance on the painting so I'll post pictures there from now on to avoid spamming this thread :)

I'd appreciate any feedback on these stories and pictures. I'll keep posting the battle reports both here and on the blog though.

Also sorry in advance for language issues. I initially posted my fluff on a French forum but I tried to translate it into English to the best I could.

Cheers

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dracan said:

Was just looking at the doom wheel, can it run? and if it does, does it go 5d6?

Sure. If a model can't run, it's warscroll will say so. 

That said, I don't think you should ever run when moving "over" something just to go over more units or get in range of something for the Rolling Doom damage. At most you are talking 2 or 3 extra damage, but now you can not shoot, charge, or attack, and you are probably pretty far away from any support. 

Could be useful if you want to run away though

2 minutes ago, Kugane said:

Teleporting a group of jezzails around with warpgnaw holes might be fun. Put a hole on opposite ends of the battlefield and keep going back and forth.

Don’t forget you need a hero there as well and you can only teleport one unit. But for sure, against deepkin with their shoot the closest changing those angles can be massive! 

• Like 1

Just now, Kugane said:

Teleporting a group of jezzails around with warpgnaw holes might be fun. Put a hole on opposite ends of the battlefield and keep going back and forth.

The main problem with jezzails is that they don't get many shots and only have a 4+ hit (really that should be a 3). So they really want to sit still and at least get their re-roll for hits. I love the idea of them but a whole unit still only gets 3 attacks for 140 points. I can certainly see using a warpgnaw to move then at the start or second turn into the game; but they are likely not goin to want to jump back and forth a lot if you want them to do some damage. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kugane said:

I completely missed that gnawhole  teleporting counts as making a move. Well... guess that is not a viable strategy then :(

If you are going big on it it doesn’t really matter. Because then you’ll either keep them back with an engineer for the +1 damage spark. or skitterleap him to the same spot. Give that engineer more more warp power or deranged inventor and you still have the re-rolls and the +1 to hit. 

My biggest concern is how good of an position will your gnawhole be in? With a 30” range + 6 move it’s hard to hide from them. So how worthwhile will it be to play on that redeployment 

• Like 1