5kaven5lave

24 minutes ago, Kramer said:

@Pandamina Looks like a fun gunline list. I'm personally not sold on the effectiveness of the Jezzails. But they are very cool models, very cool potential, just don't think you can count enough on them for very competitive play. And then 420 points is a lot ;) Also with two blocks of 40 clanrats you might want to invest in a clawlord, then those squads are quite the thread with his support. 

What about Vigordust Injector artefact and maybe 12  Jezzails? That's 12 3+ reroll/3+ (reroll with Skryre spell)/ -2/3 attacks. Enough to kill something like Alarielle in one swoop. And with spell we can even move and keep rerolls to hit. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Maybe just use Skavenblight Scramblers?

They look Eshin enough, even got Punch Daggers/Claws. The only issue I think is all the balls they have (they're smoke bombs! Warpstone smokebombs!)

99120906001_SkavenBBTeam01.jpg

Hah, they actually call them out as gutter runners. And those models are way cooler, anyway. Thanks man!

48 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Haha but that was in no way my argument :S I never said I don't like them rulewise (although I do think the 8" within board edge is a big hindrance but needed probably). I just don't like the models... I know I know it's heresy ;)  That's why I want to convert something cool, and was hoping to have some inspiring conversations in the thread about alternative concepts. 

Sorry I may have misunderstood you then😓

Edited by Skreech Verminking

1 hour ago, Pandamina said:

What about Vigordust Injector artefact and maybe 12  Jezzails? That's 12 3+ reroll/3+ (reroll with Skryre spell)/ -2/3 attacks. Enough to kill something like Alarielle in one swoop. And with spell we can even move and keep rerolls to hit. 

Haha now you’re selling the idea!

Now for something completely different, who are the people who voted for the Warbringer? Please educate me on the appeal because I don’t see it . he is cool, he’s good but seems outperformed on everything by others. Or is it all about the command ability?  🤔0A07C1F4-8F5E-43F1-A0AA-FB619BD4948B.jpeg.e822f13608a102f8c7b0de99a5b00005.jpeg

Edited by Kramer

One of those humble people (Verminlords) would be me who voted for the warbringer😅.

edit: the reason why I chose it is it’s new rules, which make it a total beast in combat, but as well for his deathfrenzy which now works perfectly n any Skaventide units.

I also chose him because I really like it’s look and it stands really shows that , “I am better than you-you” attitude

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, michu said:

@Overread Even himself as he voted for Warbringer.

Don’t worry pitiful servant-things,

there are reasons for it,

Yes-yes mighty Skreech has plans, plans to enslave-take everything for him.

We will show-show you all that mighty Skreech Verminking is the best.

Lowest point cost, still a lvl 2 caster and bluffs both the battleline options for mixed skaven. Then his spell is pretty flexible and might be worth it to have a grey seer cast the regular version on top of the dreaded verminlord version.

Cast dreaded frenzy on d3 targets that your opponent might want to kill. Cast the non-dreaded version on either another target or one of the d3 targets if the spells happen to stack for a double pile in on death.

Charge their hammer with stormfiends, stormvermin, rat ogres, HPA, himself, etc. Attack, then enemy must counter attack with anything that is within range and any of your rats they kill goes in again.

Dead clawlords attack 8 times so you can make your opponent think twice before sniping a hero that's within 4"  something.

Does stacking Death Frenzy really work like that? I would just assume that the spells would cancel out, since they aren't dying twice - if it gives you two rounds of attacks for all dead models, that sounds... incredible to say the least. 

I might be wrong here, what does everyone else think?

4 minutes ago, Raskata said:

Does stacking Death Frenzy really work like that? I would just assume that the spells would cancel out, since they aren't dying twice - if it gives you two rounds of attacks for all dead models, that sounds... incredible to say the least. 

I might be wrong here, what does everyone else think?

don't know to be honest. This isn't like mtg where how everything uses a universal system to determine how things activate and in what order so we will have to wait for the FAQ and talk it out with our opponents before the game to figure out what we think is fair until then. The text just says "Until your next hero phase, when a model from any of those units is slain, before it is removed from play, it can make a pile-in move and then attack with all of the melee weapons it is armed with". If the text said something along the lines of "that model is then removed as normal" at the end it would be clear. Then there is the "too horrible to die" rule on the HPA warscroll which adds another layer of complexity. Does/can the frenzy rule work first so the model can die, attack, attack, then twitch back to life, die again, attack, attack, die for real?

7 hours ago, Pandamina said:

Hi guys, will this be competitive with new book? Some bodies with battleshock immunity, shooting with rerolls and +1 damage, lots of mortal wounds with nice casting bonuses. Love Warpseer model and Skryre theme btw. 

I don't think you need both the bell and the warpseer.  What does the bell get you that the warpseer doesnt?

2 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

So how many people here are actually insane (yea thats the skaven thing anyways!) enough to run maxed out giant rat units? I mean you only get 6 rats a box...

Unless are there any good 3rd party alts? I do see some for rat swarms.

Plague Monk boxes come with quite a lot of giant rats (I believe around 16?), although they're not as giant as the ones in the rat ogre/packmaster box - which you can technically get 8 out of if you use the smaller rats on the sprue too. Doomwheel has some as well. Just from buying skaven over the years I've enough probably for 2 max sized units if I ever decide to base and paint them one day. 😋I'm sure ebay has a lot of them, for 3rd party I know reaper and otherworld have some giant rat models.

5 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

So how many people here are actually insane (yea thats the skaven thing anyways!) enough to run maxed out giant rat units? I mean you only get 6 rats a box...

Unless are there any good 3rd party alts? I do see some for rat swarms.

I also use the small ones in the plague monks box. I have 80 so far so two maxed out units! They look small but great on 25mm. Also they are very easy to transport compared to clanrats.

48 minutes ago, Nactigal said:

How are people feeling about the Deathmaster? As an assassin it feels pretty underwhelming. The Gnawbomb seems like it could lead to some nice tricks, but I feel like other artefacts and heros are better.

I really want to try that Gnawbomb surprise trick. Certainly along with Skitterleap to either skitterleap the assassin onto an objective, or to skitterleap an hero once the unit has passed the gnawhole. I will also run some warp-grinder teams to pop hordes of clanrats around.

10 hours ago, Kramer said:

Now for something completely different, who are the people who voted for the Warbringer? Please educate me on the appeal because I don’t see it . he is cool, he’s good but seems outperformed on everything by others. Or is it all about the command ability?  🤔0A07C1F4-8F5E-43F1-A0AA-FB619BD4948B.jpeg.e822f13608a102f8c7b0de99a5b00005.jpeg

warbringer is hands down just the best of the vermin lords. ON his own he can give himself reroll 1s to hit/wounds, He can get beastial fury for a once per game +3 attacks, and grab things bane for an extra +1 damage on his doom glaive. All with out any aid. He can suicide rush into 2 big monsters, killing one with his attacks, and then killing the 2nd one as his own spell will let him pile in and attack again upon death. On it's own it's one of our most usefull tools. But there is more.  260 pts that can kill about ~25 wounds worth of storm cast with no extra outside help. 

A clawlord can give him another set of +1 attacks. A masterclan artifact can give him another set of +1 attacks or a warlock can give him +1 to hit. Bring in range of clanrats or storm vermin unlocks reroll 1's to wound.  

On aiding, he makes your stormvermin that much more powerful, both with his reroll aura, but also with his death frenzy letting you be abit reckless with a fully buffed up unit of stormvermin or clan rats. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1