5kaven5lave

10 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

This retreat ability combine well with our powerful magic and shooting phase. As you only need to open small gaps in enemy lines to see you sneaking into objectives.

Clanrats are also no jokes in combat, and currently I run my ~160 clan rats army pretty well, using double death frenzy to do damage.

Yeah I do love my Hordes of-of meathsields.

although I have been considering taking a few units with more punch into my lines of warcrazed rats, and a few well doom bringing wheels.

so literally said let me inteoduce you to my probably soon finished painted army, “the doombringers”!!

Allegiance: Skaventide
- Mortal Realm: Chamon
LEADERS
Warlock Bombardier (120)
- General
- Command Trait : Deranged Inventor
- Artefact : Vial of the Fulminator
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism : More-more-more Warp Power!
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (240)
- Lore of Ruin : Death Frenzy
UNITS
40 x Stormvermin (450)
- Halberd & Shield
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Foetid Blades
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
WAR MACHINES
Doomwheel (160)
Doomwheel (160)
Doomwheel (160)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS Prismatic Palisade (30)
TOTAL: 2000/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 0 WOUNDS: 202
LEADERS: 2/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 4/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4

although I might consider dropping the bombardier for a engineer, to be able to start the game with a commandpoint instead of the palisade. 

15 hours ago, Gwendar said:

Right, I understand what you're saying with that. But keep in mind that Clanrats have a threat range of 14" if you auto-run them 6 (+2 from bell-ringer) which isn't bad. Retreat and charge is easily one of your best tools to retreat off an objective and charge onto a lesser guarded one. Just some stuff to keep in mind.

Just to clarify, clanrats cannot charge after they retreat if they run as part of the retreat, correct? So, it's a 14" range that they could run from combat into another area (e.g. an objective), and not 14" into range of charging another target. 

Just making sure. Either way, that's huge.

37 minutes ago, TALegion said:

Just to clarify, clanrats cannot charge after they retreat if they run as part of the retreat, correct? So, it's a 14" range that they could run from combat into another area (e.g. an objective), and not 14" into range of charging another target. 

Right, they still cannot run + retreat + charge, just saying their normal run + auto-run CA is going to give them 14" with the musician making them faster than many anticipate. The retreat + charge in itself has won me a ton of objectives, especially those lightly guarded ones (by, say heroes) where I charge Clanrats into a screening unit in a way they can barely pile in while using that charge distance to get as far up as possible.. then next turn I can catapult them out of that combat and charge into said weakly guarded objective.

You often see people organize a unit in 1 of 2 U-shapes on an objective: one way to make you need a better charge roll (but risk you making it and taking the objective), or a more defensive\screening one were even if you did charge you wouldn't be able to have bodies on the objective and they would still stay within 6".

1 hour ago, TALegion said:

Well ever considered, taking a charge instead of a run towards an objective after retreating?

Because the chances of getting something more then a 6is not that bad, and sure you might lose a model while Congo lining yourself towards the objective from a retreated and then back charged enemy unit, but who cares they are after all  just meat-shields meant to die sooner then later.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

On 12/23/2019 at 3:01 AM, gronnelg said:

Is there anything more to the +3 move?

Nope. Very simple. I have to say though, I am of the mind that regardless of your play-style, movement is king. Getting where you want to go will win you more games overall. So when I see a rule like that, I'm giddy with excitement. 

@TheadTheOgorSlayer The points changes are very fair considering how powerful the battleshock immunity is. The Deceiver got thrown in there for whatever reason but I'd still field him. Monk scroll: 'bout time. The real issue with skaven is that we still have busted, undercosted warscrolls that do work. They get all of the attention. It hides the fact that we have such a huge range of models that don't get played simply because they are overvalued with points (Doomflayers, Stormvermin, Moulder units in general, etc.). I'm strictly coming from a casual perspective I should note. Its just difficult to make playable lists. 

Edited by Riff_Raff_Rascal

12 minutes ago, Darkhan said:

Can't remember if this has been answered before, but if you pop jezzails out of a gnawhole, does that count as a move? As in, they won't get their reroll to hit.

Off the top of my head, I would say it doesn't affect their reroll to hit. The teleport counts as their move, so they can't go any further, but they don't count as having moved, if that makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Off the top of my head, I would say it doesn't affect their reroll to hit. The teleport counts as their move, so they can't go any further, but they don't count as having moved, if that makes sense.

Yes & no;p
Did this get a FAQ? Or something similar. That they don't count as having "moved".

8 minutes ago, TALegion said:

The warscroll for the gnawhole states "This counts as that unit's move for that movement phase" at the end of the ability. I'd say that doing something that counts as their move definitely counts as having made a move for the purpose of jezzails.

Was looking at this video, around 20 min...and was like "wait a minute.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTzJCXjwO-s

13 hours ago, TALegion said:

The warscroll for the gnawhole states "This counts as that unit's move for that movement phase" at the end of the ability. I'd say that doing something that counts as their move definitely counts as having made a move for the purpose of jezzails.

I think this one is... difficult to answer? I could've sworn it was said in some other FAQ (and of course not the core FAQ as it should be...) that 'teleports' and\or 'setups' didn't count as normal moves despite having text "it counts as their move" and therefore things that require a unit not moving would still get their bonuses. 

Nearly everything else as worded to say 'this unit cannot make a normal move' or by stating it happens 'at the end of the phase' meaning they can't make a normal move anyway as it's a sub-phase after all movement has taken place. I don't really use Jezzails much anymore so... unsure on that one. Worth an email maybe?

• Like 1

Good morning,

Ive finished painting my first 1000 points of moulder and am having second thoughts on my 2000 point list.  I feel like an endless spell would be nice for some board control.  As well, i am wondering if the verminlord is as useful at 320 as he is now.  Any thoughts are appreciated...knowing i will struggle with this list more than a mixed clan list.  Also wondering about units and sizes...maybe im better off with a bigger ogre unit but am concerned with board coverage as well.   Only so many choices with moulder and maybe im getting too stuck in the minor details.  I play some tough armies and want to do the best i can with the tools available....

2 master moulders - rabid crown on one

Verminlord warpseer

20 giant rats

40 giant rats

10 giant rats

4 rat ogres

4 rat ogres

2x hellpit abominations

3x packmasters

Fleahmeld menagerie

59 minutes ago, basement dweller said:

Good morning,

Ive finished painting my first 1000 points of moulder and am having second thoughts on my 2000 point list.  I feel like an endless spell would be nice for some board control.  As well, i am wondering if the verminlord is as useful at 320 as he is now.  Any thoughts are appreciated...knowing i will struggle with this list more than a mixed clan list.  Also wondering about units and sizes...maybe im better off with a bigger ogre unit but am concerned with board coverage as well.   Only so many choices with moulder and maybe im getting too stuck in the minor details.  I play some tough armies and want to do the best i can with the tools available....

2 master moulders - rabid crown on one

Verminlord warpseer

20 giant rats

40 giant rats

10 giant rats

4 rat ogres

4 rat ogres

2x hellpit abominations

3x packmasters

Fleahmeld menagerie

I would bump one of the rat ogre units up to 6 and drop the rest. I have fpund it gives you more punch and survivability. That gives you 100pts to spend on spells. Vermintide, palisade , geminids, pendulum are all solid options. Think less damage and more board control to allow your rats to flood objectives. 

• LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, Laststand said:

I would bump one of the rat ogre units up to 6 and drop the rest. I have fpund it gives you more punch and survivability. That gives you 100pts to spend on spells. Vermintide, palisade , geminids, pendulum are all solid options. Think less damage and more board control to allow your rats to flood objectives. 

Thank you sir.  I only have 6 ogres painted at the moment so this works well.  Vermintide seems appropriate for this army visually so i like that choice.