5kaven5lave

3 hours ago, Ser_namron said:

Figured id just sit back out of reach of the first turn charge, let them come to me. Screen the front with clan rats, have the jezzails right behind them , the WLC close by for when the big threats get in range, have a doomwheel harassing the flank or going for a suicide run to bracket the bloodthirster and a WLV to stall the center of the board or an objective. Hopefully get some good shooting the first turn or two and then move the clan rats or plague monks out to take the objectives. Warpseer is their so i dont have to take battleshocks because his ability is bonkers lol. 

I was considering taking out the doomwheel/wlv for a unit of 3 stormfiends, but i dont think 3 is going to be worth it ( only have 3 for now).

Definitely watch your deployment and analyze whether or not you'll be given T1; with 10 drops you likely won't have the choice. It's fine to sit back for a turn, but many CC heavy armies are likely going to set themselves up to get a potential double turn on you or minimize the damage you can do if you get priority. Good lookout with the Doomwheel, and honestly it could be one of your prime targets for MMMWP... that thing is actually quite good at killing support heroes (in fact, I 1-shot a Slaan T1 once before) and I really do not recommend dropping either of those for 3 Fiends as, yeah, 6-9 are really where it's at in my (and most people's) opinion.

Couple of other notes:
- Watch out for WLV placement is it hurts you as well; I wouldn't throw it on an objective you don't already own. Some may even still throw a sacrificial unit in range of an objective with a WLV on top of it just to cap it from you so it isn't foolproof in keeping people away.
- To bounce of the WLV, you could always throw in a Grey Seer with Skitterleap (maybe instead of the WLC) to port a Bombardier\Engineer near a Gnawhole and have them throw out the WLV on a re-rolling cast with +1 (Sparks + Gnawhole) and you can then use that Gnawhole during movement to get back to safety. Allows you to still use the WLV as a T1 damage dealer rather than the area-denial\late game tool that it is now.

Either way, it's pretty solid so curious to hear how you do.

• Like 1

@Ineffectual Clawlord @Gwendar @Skreech Verminking

You guys are awesome. Gives me confidence to know that I am on the right track, can buy several things and make multiple fun lists with different playstyles and tactics. Something I really am not able to get out of IJ and FEC. But can I get a holla for Warclans....lol

Is it a sin to worship Gorkamorka and the Great Horned Rat 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/17/2019 at 6:49 AM, Skreech Verminking said:

Allegiance: Skaventide - Mortal Realm: Chamon
LEADERS
Skaa bloodtail, right claw of clan Mors (100)
Clawlord
- Mighty Warlord Command Trait : Verminous Valour
Grey seer sniketrikk (220)
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell - Lore of Ruin : Death Frenzy
Skreek the destroyer (280)
Verminlord Warbringer
- General
- Command Trait : Brutal Fury - Artefact : Rune Blade
Skallog the mad (100)
Warlock Bombardier
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism : More-more-more Warp Power!
UNITS
The black furred gnawers of the deep warrens (200)
40 x Clanrats - Rusty Blade
****** backstabbering backstabbers (200)
40 x Clanrats - Rusty Blade
The red guard (450)
40 x Stormvermin - Halberd & Shield
The man-thing flayers (260)
3 x Stormfiends
The Squig-burner (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower
The dwarf-thing menace (70)
1 x Warpfire Thrower

1doom bell(40)

total:1990p

(model count exactly 130)

So then it is time to tell the tale of my second battle against my nemesis, friend and tournament organisers army of tzeentchian sorcery.

his list conisted of:”

LEADERS
Lord of Change (380)
- General
- Command Trait: Magical Supremacy - Artefact: Mark of the Conjurer
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm The Blue Scribes (140) - Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
Herald of Tzeentch (140)
- Staff of Change
- Artefact: Aspect of Tzeentch
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
UNITS
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (180)
- Lore of Change: Unchecked Mutation 10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (180)
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm 10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (180)
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
10 x BrimstoneHorrorsofTzeentch (60) 10 x BrimstoneHorrorsofTzeentch (60) 10 x BrimstoneHorrorsofTzeentch (60)
BATTALIONS
Changehost (180)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN
Aethervoid Pendulum (50) Shards of Valagharr (40) Ravenak's Gnashing Jaws (30) Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60) Prismatic Palisade (30)
Purple Sun of Shyish (50) Soulsnare Shackles (40) Suffocating Gravetide (20) Umbral Spellportal (70) Balewind Vortex (40)
TOTAL: 1990/2000
EXTRA Commandpoint:1

(Mine can be found a-both for those who haven’t seen yet)

we were using the battleplan total conquest.

So as it is usual for me and my skaven army, I was out deployed, knowing far well how deadly my skaven can be in combat my opponent chose to go first, casting almost every endless spell onto my left flank to keep them at bay.

he the. Changed his deployment thanks to his changehost in sich a way that one of his 10horror unit gained the objective on my left side, ending his turn with 3victory points.

basically my turn started with dispelling al of his endless spell on my left side, giving me the opportunity to move my clanrats up and gaining the control of my rightside objective my clanrats who where pushing the great altar of the horned rat scurried up the middle of the board and my Elite red guard of handpicked warriors moved up on the rightflank.my verminlord on the other hand chose to move up towards the inspiring presence to gain an extra command-point in the next  heroephase.

In the shooting phase my stormfiends shoot a unit of pinks full of holes. I then charged my Warbringer into a unit of brimstone horros, decimating them while doing so.

my turn ended with me gaining 3victory points.

Since everything went as planned I cunningly lost the role of on purpose, letting my opponent think he had a change.

he started with activating his commantrait, that gave every wizard within a certain distance plus 1 to the cast, 3times in a row, and well fid the same thing again, casting almost every endless spell to keep me from moving on the left flank, while one of  his pinks successfully cast purple son on my right flank flank, transformation 15 Stormvermins and 6 clanrats into worthless crystals.
he then moved his big birdy up the board in hopes he would be able to do some damage onto my clanrats, but failing doing so in combat, which meant I kept the objective.

In my turn, I literally banned every single endless spell in my way, back to the realms they came from and succeded casting mmmwp onto my stormfiends, who then dealt 12wounds mighty wounds onto tge bird and dealt 3damage onto a nearby hero with the wind launchers, My Verminlord who was free to move, scurried i to the the right flank of my enemy, towards his herald and blue special magic named horros, slicing their heads of with a clean cut of his doom glaive.

the Warp chicken on the other suffered a death of a thousand paper cuts or in this instants of a thousands gnawing teeths, slowly grinding his meat of his bones.

on his left flank his pinks and brimstone were charged by my clanrats and stormvermins, Who only left a single unit of brimstones alive, taking the control of another Objective which ended my turn with another 5victory points.

having lost everything meaningful, my opponent surrendered.

another major victory for clan Mors!

(Next game report will be coming soon. Ps: I lost that one though)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Chase said:

Is it a sin to worship Gorkamorka and the Great Horned Rat 

I've had a lot of armies... recently sold off both my IJ and FeC. Skaven are never going anywhere though and that's always my tournament army. Getting into CoS and Ossiarchs. I try to keep ~3 armies, more than that and I tend to not get good enough play between them to use them properly.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 hours ago, KingOfSuede said:

@Skreech Verminking unrelated question, but does it cause issues for you and Skreek the Destroyer when someone tries to address you at meetings of the shadow council? Your names are just so similar, but maybe that's just my man-thing ears 🤷

Nah, There aren’t any issues for us-us.

It’s rather easy to explain since skreek isn’t part of the shadow council, there aren’t many misunderstandings between us.

• Haha 1

Had a real fantastic tourny this weekend and went 2-1 with my 40 monks and 9 fiends.

The list is quite similar to the others but I dropped the bridge for 20 more clanrats for holding objects. 

Game 1

Focal Points.Against skaven. He was the the player that I mentioned earlier who was taking several grinder teams and deepstriking more than half of his army.

I won the drops so I put my clanratz on the front, keeping everything else from being shot by the ratling guns and let him go first.

He deepstriked 9 fiends ,40 clanratz and a arch-warlock on my face. Killed a my warlock with the injector with the windlaunchers, which is quite suprising because it was hitting on 5 even with rerollings. My 40 ratz was wept by the ratlings guns. And then he made a charge with his 40 rats into the my object and scored 6 points.

In my turn I rang the bell and rolled an 8, but failed to do any damage. MMMWP went off. I moved my fiends up to reclaim the object and moved the monks on the other side of the battlefield planning to capture his object. My fiends shot, killed his 40 rats and 2 fiends. I made a charge with 20 rats to his grinder near his fiends and piled in to drag the fiends into combat and somehow took the middle object. I scored 4.

He the won the roll off and go first turn 2, but his fiends only got to shot my ratz because they were in combat and I thought that's my victory.

I finally killed all his army turn 3 with a double turn and went 29-12. Major win.Brutal game I had to say.

Game 2

Scorched Earth. Against Seraphon. I was quite uncertain before the game because seraphon is infamous for summonning skinks and teleporting around scoring object.

He was Thunderquake and I won the drops. When deploying he seemed to forget my windlauncher can shoot without visibility and put his slann in an overgrowth terrain. I go first, rang the bell and got a 12!!! The club went mad and everyone came to take photoes. I summoned a Deceiver. Then I cast the MMMWP and rolled another 12. The fiends went up, killed the troglodon in the battlion bacause slann had an item keeping him from being targeted. The Deceiver charged and killed his standard bearer. Until now, he lost all his rerollings. But still he had managed to make a real tough game for me with summoning, teleporting. Bastiladons remained Bastiladons. Took a while to kill them and went 23-16. Honestly I would had lost if he remember the windlaucher trick and the Deceiver doesn't show up.

Game 3

Battle for the pass. Aganist Skaven. He was running 6 fiends, 40 monks, doomwheel and a warpseer.

I won the drops and decided to go first, but went up too boldly to send my fiends with MMMWP to the face of his monks witout the spark.  I did kill like 20 monks with very bad dices. The fiends got stucked by his monks and staff while my monks tried to capture the object in his deployment zone but I didn't realize his fiend is army with fire projector, and the doomwheel turned out to be a super efficient killer of monks and clanrats. He then finally killed all my object holder by the end of turn 3. Went 16-30. Lost because of my impetuosity I had to admit.

3 wonderful games with wonderful players indeed. All three of skaven participants took stormfiends who were proven to be brutal killing monsters. But big footprint may be the drawback when you try to redeploy them with the bridge and gnawhole and others. And monks are just monks. They did excellently as usual. Maybe I will drop 3 fiends to fit in another units of 40 monks. They are just too good.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, frostfire said:

Had a real fantastic tourny this weekend and went 2-1 with my 40 monks and 9 fiends.

The list is quite similar to the others but I dropped the bridge for 20 more clanrats for holding objects. 

Game 1

Focal Points.Against skaven. He was the the player that I mentioned earlier who was taking several grinder teams and deepstriking more than half of his army.

I won the drops so I put my clanratz on the front, keeping everything else from being shot by the ratling guns and let him go first.

He deepstriked 9 fiends ,40 clanratz and a arch-warlock on my face. Killed a my warlock with the injector with the windlaunchers, which is quite suprising because it was hitting on 5 even with rerollings. My 40 ratz was wept by the ratlings guns. And then he made a charge with his 40 rats into the my object and scored 6 points.

In my turn I rang the bell and rolled an 8, but failed to do any damage. MMMWP went off. I moved my fiends up to reclaim the object and moved the monks on the other side of the battlefield planning to capture his object. My fiends shot, killed his 40 rats and 2 fiends. I made a charge with 20 rats to his grinder near his fiends and piled in to drag the fiends into combat and somehow took the middle object. I scored 4.

He the won the roll off and go first turn 2, but his fiends only got to shot my ratz because they were in combat and I thought that's my victory.

I finally killed all his army turn 3 with a double turn and went 29-12. Major win.Brutal game I had to say.

Game 2

Scorched Earth. Against Seraphon. I was quite uncertain before the game because seraphon is infamous for summonning skinks and teleporting around scoring object.

He was Thunderquake and I won the drops. When deploying he seemed to forget my windlauncher can shoot without visibility and put his slann in an overgrowth terrain. I go first, rang the bell and got a 12!!! The club went mad and everyone came to take photoes. I summoned a Deceiver. Then I cast the MMMWP and rolled another 12. The fiends went up, killed the troglodon in the battlion bacause slann had an item keeping him from being targeted. The Deceiver charged and killed his standard bearer. Until now, he lost all his rerollings. But still he had managed to make a real tough game for me with summoning, teleporting. Bastiladons remained Bastiladons. Took a while to kill them and went 23-16. Honestly I would had lost if he remember the windlaucher trick and the Deceiver doesn't show up.

Game 3

Battle for the pass. Aganist Skaven. He was running 6 fiends, 40 monks, doomwheel and a warpseer.

I won the drops and decided to go first, but went up too boldly to send my fiends with MMMWP to the face of his monks witout the spark.  I did kill like 20 monks with very bad dices. The fiends got stucked by his monks and staff while my monks tried to capture the object in his deployment zone but I didn't realize his fiend is army with fire projector, and the doomwheel turned out to be a super efficient killer of monks and clanrats. He then finally killed all my object holder by the end of turn 3. Went 16-30. Lost because of my impetuosity I had to admit.

3 wonderful games with wonderful players indeed. All three of skaven participants took stormfiends who were proven to be brutal killing monsters. But big footprint may be the drawback when you try to redeploy them with the bridge and gnawhole and others. And monks are just monks. They did excellently as usual. Maybe I will drop 3 fiends to fit in another units of 40 monks. They are just too good.

It’s great to see how diverse the meta lists of the skaven can be.

I am literally seeing different builds with full out pestilence to fully fluff wise skaven hordes to heavy shooting lists consisting of bulky stormfiends and jezzails.

Hello, fellow skaven commanders!

It's my first post, I hope I won't break any forum rules. I'm really into low count models armies in AoS, and I was thinking if pure skryre, low drops count, heavy shooting army that would be able to annihilate an enemy in a single turn, without bodies to screen could work. There is definitely no room for playing for objectives - just simple kill kill tactic.

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Trait: Deranged Inventor
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector

Battleline
9 x Stormfiends (780)
9 x Stormfiends (780)
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)

Units
1 x Warp-Grinder (80)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Soulscream Bridge (80)
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 122

The general idea is to deep strike everything (first unit of stormfiends buffed in hero phase by archwarlock's more more more warp power and vigor dust injector, together with acolytes screen and archwarlock himself being transported through the bridge, second unit of stormfiends deployed with warp grinder buffed by deranged inventor trait in the shooting phase, and then everything buffed by warpstone to get +1dmg). The damage potential is horrifying, and could easily wipe out most of enemy troops in a single turn if positioned correctly).

What do you think think?

3 hours ago, grucha said:

could easily wipe out most of enemy troops in a single turn if positioned correctly.

That's kind of the problem with lists in which everything needs to work out perfectly... if you don't get bridge or MMMWP to go off or you get zoned out of killing anything important then what do you do? You only have 1 hero and no redundancy. You lose that hero and that's pretty much it. You're banking heavily on "killing everything T1" but that isn't always how games work.

Any decent player is going to see right through what you plan on doing and zone you out of killing anything important. It really just reminds me of the old Gautfyre Coven; it could annihilate an opponent T1, but because it was a 1-trick pony it was easily countered by deploying correctly. Not to say Stormfiends aren't okay without buffs, but those buffs are literally what make them delete 1-2 units per turn. If things don't go your way the Fiends or AW can easily be taken out and objectives will be swarmed.

46 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

That's kind of the problem with lists in which everything needs to work out perfectly... if you don't get bridge or MMMWP to go off or you get zoned out of killing anything important then what do you do? You only have 1 hero and no redundancy. You lose that hero and that's pretty much it. You're banking heavily on "killing everything T1" but that isn't always how games work.

Any decent player is going to see right through what you plan on doing and zone you out of killing anything important. It really just reminds me of the old Gautfyre Coven; it could annihilate an opponent T1, but because it was a 1-trick pony it was easily countered by deploying correctly. Not to say Stormfiends aren't okay without buffs, but those buffs are literally what make them delete 1-2 units per turn. If things don't go your way the Fiends or AW can easily be taken out and objectives will be swarmed.

Thanks for the comment!

Don't remind me about gautfyre scorch - I just had to reequip all my stormfiends since I converted them to have warpfire throwers :(

You are partially right about the positioning problem. Perhaps more acolytes could be enough to screen and buy an extra round. Perhaps giving an opponent first round and counting for a double turn could do the trick. If it's about zoning the valuable units - it was easy against 8" warpfire throwers in the age of gautfyre scorch, but might be hard considering windlaunchers range and no need of LOS.  And those do 23 dmg on average against 4+ save, with look out sir debuff with no FNP.

I will try this crazy list against some meta ones and give you guys report about how did that go.

If it won't work I think I'm gonna build something closer to meta. More diverse, adaptable and balanced like:

Allegiance: Skaventide

Leaders
Arch-Warlock (160)
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Verminlord Deceiver (300)
- General
- Trait: Shadowmaster

Battleline
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Blade

Units
40 x Plague Monks (280)
- Woe-stave
- 1x Icon of Pestilence
- 1x Contagion Banner
- 1x Doom Gongs
- 1x Bale Chimes
9 x Stormfiends (780)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Balewind Vortex (40)
Soulscream Bridge (80)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 172

19 minutes ago, grucha said:

You are partially right about the positioning problem. Perhaps more acolytes could be enough to screen and buy an extra round. Perhaps giving an opponent first round and counting for a double turn could do the trick. If it's about zoning the valuable units - it was easy against 8" warpfire throwers in the age of gautfyre scorch, but might be hard considering windlaunchers range and no need of LOS.  And those do 23 dmg on average against 4+ save, with look out sir debuff with no FNP.

I don't think they would be enough and you wouldn't be able to afford enough Acolytes to make a difference while also trying to run 18 Fiends. And sure, the threat range on them is great, but I absolutely wouldn't give them T1 (depending on the army) with your setup; you're just allowing them to zone out more central board space since things need to come more than 9" from the Bridge.

I'm not saying it won't work for you.. I just think you will have to be careful and you better make sure that AW doesn't die or you'll likely be in trouble. Regardless, curious to see how it works for you. Also, on your other list, what is the purpose of the Deceiver? I run a similar list but use 2 Bombardiers (redundancy for MMMWP) and a Bell (Death Frenzy, great support piece) so I don't see what the Deceiver is really doing, especially since it's rather abysmal at killing anything but a support hero; just not sure it's worth 300 points outside of specific lists, like Skitterleaping a SoJ Corruptor.

2 hours ago, Gwendar said:

I don't see what the Deceiver is really doing, especially since it's rather abysmal at killing anything but a support hero; just not sure it's worth 300 points outside of specific lists, like Skitterleaping a SoJ Corruptor.

Good point. I was using him in previous list for mobility, because i had no bridge and was using Pendulum.

I'm not sure what do I like more instead of Deceiver though - Warpseer, Warbringer or Bell + warpgrinder with death frenzy. Sure I could use some frenzied monks.

48 minutes ago, grucha said:

Good point. I was using him in previous list for mobility, because i had no bridge and was using Pendulum.

I'm not sure what do I like more instead of Deceiver though - Warpseer, Warbringer or Bell + warpgrinder with death frenzy. Sure I could use some frenzied monks.

If you want to stick with a VL then I would say the Warpseer for the all around utility or the Warbringer for Dreaded Death Frenzy... but the Bell is of course a great alternative to the Warpseer. Like I said, my 40 Monk\9 Fiend list is a Bell + 2 Bombardiers for MMMWP redundancy. I always bring along a Warpseer in case the Bell rolls a 12 as it tends to be the best choice, although a late game 12 to get a Deceiver could be useful too thanks to the teleport... obviously you can't bank on that though.

On 10/18/2019 at 9:40 PM, Gwendar said:

Either way, it's pretty solid so curious to hear how you do.

Thanks for your write up, i appreciated the input. 

So i didnt end up facing Khorne, but instead a loN list with Nagash himself. We played the 4 point objective where you have to cap all 4 by turn 3 to win, otherwise its points at end of battle.

I def did not have first turn, but the opponent wanted me to go first. So i moved some clanrats up to screen for my jezzails, and i shot his vampire lord out of existence.  He took his turn, threw out a spell portal and did some spell that does liek d6 mortals against bravery or some thing? Luckily he rolled hot garbage and it only hit my wheel for 5 ( jezzails and some heroes survived with no MWs).  

Round 2 he got the double turn, but failed MISERABLY with magic ( double 1s like 3 times lol, which still got off the spell portal but i was able to unbind it on a 6 lol.) He moved up Nagash to get in range for the portal/hand of dust combo on my warpseer next turn, then he got close enough to charge the front lines with his skeleton horde/ Reapers. They wrecked my 20 clan rat screens and unfortunately got into combat with my jezzails. At this point i shot my WLC into Nagash, dealt 5 MWs ( 2 power dice ya boiiii) and my doomwheel rolled over some skeletons to blast his Necromancer into oblivion. I retreated  with the jezzails , and my other flank that had the reapers i decided to auto fail the battleshock so i could charge in with a unit of 40 plaguemonks that were behind them. They annihilated the reapers :P

I got double turn, and in my shooting phase got 4 more MWs on nagash, and finished him off with the jezzails who absolutely smoooooked him with MMMWP and Vigordust injector.  At that point opponent  had no leaders, like 20 skeletons, and some wolves, so we shook and called it a game. 

Apparently the first time someone in our playgroup has killed Nagash, so i was stoked. 

So it went pretty damn well, but i think i got lucky with the enemies casting being bunk. Jezzails most certainly left an impression on me though, and i've only used plaguemonks 1x so they kinda blew me away with how good they are. 

21 minutes ago, Ser_namron said:

he got the double turn, but failed MISERABLY with magic

Essentially what it boils down to a lot of the time with magic lists like that. My recent Skaven batrep with my magic list failed horrifically T1 with no spells going off and he got the double.. but I managed to pull it together the next turn and unleash hell once everything did go off and Nagash works much the same way I find.

Anyway, sounds like you played it well.. always good to see people using the Doomwheel and doing well with it. I would say you definitely had all your bases covered reasonably well with your list. I noticed you didn't really have anything to say about WLV but I imagine with Nagash that would be difficult to get off in the first place. Would you say there's anything you would change?

I had the same issue in the team tournament I played and the practice games.

My list contained two Verminlords and a Seer on Bell. Plus like 4 Endless Spells. I noticed, leading up to the event, that I often had trouble getting spells off on 7+ and 8+ so I took some cheaper Endless Spells. Worked out better. Turns out tossing Dreaded Plague through Spell Mirrors is actually awesome.

Some turns I'd magically dominate the board, some turns I'd never get spells off. I typically owned the enemy magic phase, though. I lost a game vs. Orruks needing a 7+ to stop a teleport into my backfield last turn, to break the scoring in his favour.

My next big tournament is in January. I'm going to be refitting my army to have more shooting and less magic.

Presently:

Warpseer with Master of Magic. Corruptor with Sword of Jugement. Bell with Death Frenzy.

2x 40 Clanrats, 1x 20 Clanrats, 1x 40 Monks, 2x Warpfire Throwers.

And a mix of Spell Portals, Vermintide, Vortex, Pendulum, Geminids and Chains as I see fit.

I'm probably going to add like 9 Jezzails or something. I'm not really sure what. I own 6 Jezails I converted from Plastics and 6 old metal ones I need to strip. I have 3 Stormfiends, but I don't really want to buy 6 more.. they're a little "too many eggs" for me. I may even go down the Deranged Inventor path.

1 hour ago, Obeisance said:

Some turns I'd magically dominate the board, some turns I'd never get spells off.

Skaven have good magic, but this is where I disagree with people saying we have some of the best. The spells themselves are fine, however we're only getting a +1 near a Gnawhole (board edge) and only the Skryre Wizards can use that + their re-roll.. otherwise you have Thanquol (who get's a +2 anyway) and the Grey Seer that get their 3d6\choose highest with no modifiers so... eh? I think with WLV fading a bit more from the scene, casting heavy lists aren't really doing it as much anymore since they can't compete with LoN, Gitz, HH, Tzeentch, etc.. and man I continue to dread what Tzeentch will turn into with their update.

Anyway, I think adding 9 Jezzails would be a solid pick.. and they don't really need an Engineer for MMMWP\Spark like 9 Fiends or 30 Acolytes would. Most know I don't really care for Warpfire Throwers; not competitively anyway. Most people using hordes are going to be avoiding or sniping them out via shooting\magic. I would suggest bringing a Skitterleap Grey Seer for WLV.. you don't need a Skryre Engineer for the re-roll + Gnawhole but you still have a decent chance with the Grey Seer's 3d6 roll if you want to get it into their deployment T1. Just keep in mind with all those Endless Spells, you're still only getting out 3 of them per turn with 3 Wizards so you may consider cutting back if you can fit in more.. no big deal though.

Edited by Gwendar

I didn't really play against any magic heavy armies. In fact, I've never played against one. Incantations, sure.

I've only been playing this year, though.

I found the Warpfire Thrower to be pretty lackluster against everything but Orruks tbh.

I don't think Skitterleaping for WLV is a valid use of a Seer, you're basically trading him for one attempted cast unless you can get a really good defensive position to cast from.

Is WLV worth 220pts? Nope. I'd prefer to toss regular spells through a Spell Portal.

But yeah, I'll be cutting some stuff and trying Jezzails. They're so damn expensive, though. I feel like all Skaven shooting is either very expensive, unreliable and kills itself or both.

I do want to run Globadiers, but I can't find any awesome looking cost-effective conversions I really like.

2 hours ago, Obeisance said:

I didn't really play against any magic heavy armies. In fact, I've never played against one. Incantations, sure.

I've only been playing this year, though.

I found the Warpfire Thrower to be pretty lackluster against everything but Orruks tbh.

I don't think Skitterleaping for WLV is a valid use of a Seer, you're basically trading him for one attempted cast unless you can get a really good defensive position to cast from.

Is WLV worth 220pts? Nope. I'd prefer to toss regular spells through a Spell Portal.

But yeah, I'll be cutting some stuff and trying Jezzails. They're so damn expensive, though. I feel like all Skaven shooting is either very expensive, unreliable and kills itself or both.

I do want to run Globadiers, but I can't find any awesome looking cost-effective conversions I really like.

You skitterleap your grey seer near another gnawhole closer to the ennemy to cast WLV and bring him back with the gnawhole in the movement phase, you dont give him away. But yeah it's a lot of set up for that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Obeisance said:

Ugh, why are Jezzails so expensive. 420 for 9.

Warpseer, Seer on Bell, 100 Clanrats, 40 Monks, 9 Jezzails.. like 280 left.

What are other people doing for reliable shooting?

9 stormfiends😂It is too insane, totally worth it imo. Sure they are expensive, but remember there is 26 wounds the enemy has to chew through before reducing any of the shooting efficiency.

9 Jezzails sparked will wreck tho.

Edited by Darkhan

4 hours ago, Obeisance said:

What are other people doing for reliable shooting?

Against:

hordes- warp-flamers (Mostly weapon teams)

warriors with 3or more wounds and a 3+ or worse save- rattling gun weapon teams, Stormfiends jezzails, warplightning cannon, doomwheel.

units just for fun: anything that can explode after overloading.

hero sniping: jezzails, warplightning cannons, doomwheel

I've tried to make a fairly competitive list but with an inclusion of all the clans and some pretty models. What are your thoughts on it?

Arch-Warlock (160)
- General
- Trait: Verminous Valour
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector
- Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
Grey Seer on Screaming Bell (220)
-
 Lore of Ruin: Death Frenzy
Warlock Bombardier (100)
-
 Lore of Warpvolt Galvanism: More-more-more Warp Power!
10 x Stormvermin (120)
20 x Clanrats (120)
20 x Clanrats (120)
40 x Plague Monks (280)
9 x Stormfiends (780)
5 x Wolf Rats (100)
Total: 2000 / 2000