What are "random" blister packs from GW like? (mostly skaven)

Overread

Whilst this is mostly a skaven question there might be a few other blisters out there that I'm unaware of. 

I'm wondering when it comes to things like the weapon teams or acolytes the webpage states that there are several variations sent at random. I'm wondering what peoples general experience of random is. Are they always varied or is it more likely that one will get a block all the same appear? 

@bushman101 several of the metal models that GW still sells (including those for skaven such as the skyre acolytes) have several poses but only one listing. You get a "random" pose from the set that GW makes. I was wondering how random their selection is - ergo if you make an order would they all be the same or different. 

Yeah, its really frustrating. I collect Lord of the Rings, and am more interested in getting all the different sculpts to paint than in just building a unit for play. Back when they had the models in the store you could flick through the blister packs to get the figure you want, but these days I don't think there is a reliable way to order just the one you want to complete a collection. I guess trying to find them second hand is your best bet. At least that way you know what you're getting.

14 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

What does it matter, you're gonna have a unit of three different 25 year old sculpts anyway, a few duplicates is the least of your worries...

It's not much of an issue for weapon teams; but for acolytes it just looks odd to have units all looking identical - esp in a modern army and when you know there's other sculpts. 

Might have to scour ebay later (though honestly they tend to inflate the price over there well above GW prices); or consider sending GW an email before I order. It's not an immediate concern though so this is more planning for the future (Rat ogres and doomflayers are more pressing!) 

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:03 PM, Overread said:

@bushman101 several of the metal models that GW still sells (including those for skaven such as the skyre acolytes) have several poses but only one listing. You get a "random" pose from the set that GW makes. I was wondering how random their selection is - ergo if you make an order would they all be the same or different. 

wow, didn't know that was a thing

1 minute ago, bushman101 said:

wow, didn't know that was a thing

Yep though its rare now as there are not that many. Skye Acolytes and a few of the weapon teams have alternate sculpts, the differences aren't huge but its nice to have some variety in the unit. 

Archived