FEC Sick Flayers

Bademeister

Hey Guys,

last night i got some thoughts about my beloved FEC Flayers. They got buffed a little bit. Their Fearsome Battlecry (now Death Scream) now does 2D6 -Bravery MW and the Piercing Talons now do a MW on unmodified 6's to hit on top of the normal damage. Just update your Warscorlls in your App.

Flayers were some good choice before, but with the buff descriped above they are pretty good. Imagine a List with Deawatch, an Abhorrant Ghoul King, an Abhorrant Archregent and a Necromancer.

In your Herophase with Ferocious Hunger 3, Black Hunger and Danse Macabre on you got 11*(4+1+3)+(5+1+3)= 97 Attacks. Hero Phase, normal attack, new Command Ability (forgot the name) and Danse Macabre are 388 Attacks!  Thats ~65 MW on avarage!

Just sick IMO.

Below an example for a List, just add the Abhorrant Archregent. 

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King (140)
Crypt Infernal Courtier (140)
- General
Necromancer (110)

Battleline
12 x Crypt Flayers (640)
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)

Battalions
Deadwatch (170)

Total: 1520 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 10
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 89

3 hours ago, Honk said:

With the CP Frenzy trigger they do get a third attack... not too great, since the opponent can strike back, but still a nice synergy.

Frenzy actually happens immediately after fighting, so if it's your turn you get to fight 1x in the Hero phase and 2x in the Fight phase before the opponent can do anything.

21 hours ago, SirPergrin said:

Hi! 

Necromancer's Danse Macabre only works on units that have the summonable keyword. I think it changed when Legions of Nagash came out. 

Yeah i missed that. Before Legion of Nagash the Necromancer was able to cast Danse Macabre on MORDANT Units

Aww I thought this was gonna be a thread about crypt flayers who were feeling unwell...

Though talking about the merits of flayers is likely a far better use of all our time ;) I do agree that they look nicer now but I'm still irked by the extra -1 to scream if over 3 inches. It's still mostly gonna be kinda unreliable especially as 7 is the most common bravery however It could be worth chucking those screams at a wounded hero to try and finish them off with a couple of mortals or to just soften something up before you smash into it. I can definitely see their screams working to support units going into melee or to at least play mind games with the opponent because they may not want to risk their backline caster getting screamed to death and if they then focus on your fast mobile flayers... well the rest of your army is gonna be unrestricted.

Now as for your flayer heavy list, I like it. I think having large numbers is a good way to help with reliability issues though personally I'd do 3 units of 6 instead of the 1 unit of 12. Just to spread them out a bit more, and because you won't be getting more than 6 into combat really so unless you can buff the screams on a unit then its probably best to have multiple units big enough to like whatever buffs you throw out.

9 hours ago, lord_blackfang said:

Frenzy actually happens immediately after fighting

Don’t have the new rules yet, but as I recall, frenzy triggered after the destruction of one unit...that might then take a pretty brave multicharge. And while that might be true and could be a nice move, you also got stuck in combat since last turn (for your herophase attacks to trigger) that’s risky and you brawled through you HP, your shooting and your first round of melee, before erasing your enemy to trigger frenzy... that sounds like they go stuck in the very depth of it 🙈🙉🙊

but if they come out on top, the courtdamsels will swoon by the sight of them!!!

Archived