Daves colorchest. Mainly Orcs, Chaos and Wood Elves

daveboy

@silverstuThank you very much. :) The head is from the hydrabox.

Next will be a Ironjaw Brute as Unitfiller, a goblin, or another pathfinder, but in no particular order! :D Meanwhile iam sculpting the Wyvern and iam working on a Devanthar for my elfarmy. The Devanthar is half man half boar, huge and a magical being. For him i took the Ogroid kit and converted him. Will be my Orion piece! 👑

• Like 1

This is a great quality paint job I like it so much!

I would like to ask you how long do you take to finish a model, let's say the elf with the two knifes?

Are the models made for playing or are just for exposition?( I noticed the squares bases and I was wondering)

15 hours ago, daveboy said:

@silverstuThank you very much. :) The head is from the hydrabox.

Next will be a Ironjaw Brute as Unitfiller, a goblin, or another pathfinder, but in no particular order! :D Meanwhile iam sculpting the Wyvern and iam working on a Devanthar for my elfarmy. The Devanthar is half man half boar, huge and a magical being. For him i took the Ogroid kit and converted him. Will be my Orion piece! 👑

Looking forward to seeing them! Especially that Devanthar!

• Like 1

@AlessioThanks. ;)

Its a good and not short to answer question. :D 

For me this minis are for playing, therefore the base. Iam sitting on a showcase model as well, a Dark Eldar Scorch, which wont have a base and is on a display socket. Since iam still learning while painting, i take much time for each miniature trying things and when they doesn't fit i change them. So its hard to say how much time i need for example the Blade Dancer. I  would guess about 20-30 hours pure painting time, depending on how complex the  miniature is. The bigger the miniature gets the more time i need of course.

And on the playing point, iam painting many different miniatiures factionwise. But i think i will only keep the Elfes and Orcs. So when the time comes and i got for example 10 Chaos Warriors finished i will most likely sell them.

So why are you asking? :)

Edited by daveboy

7 hours ago, daveboy said:

@AlessioThanks. ;)

Its a good and not short to answer question. :D 

For me this minis are for playing, therefore the base. Iam sitting on a showcase model as well, a Dark Eldar Scorch, which wont have a base and is on a display socket. Since iam still learning while painting, i take much time for each miniature trying things and when they doesn't fit i change them. So its hard to say how much time i need for example the Blade Dancer. I  would guess about 20-30 hours pure painting time, depending on how complex the  miniature is. The bigger the miniature gets the more time i need of course.

And on the playing point, iam painting many different miniatiures factionwise. But i think i will only keep the Elfes and Orcs. So when the time comes and i got for example 10 Chaos Warriors finished i will most likely sell them.

So why are you asking? :)

Thanks for the answer !  

I'm asking you that because I'd like to start doing some painting commissions so I timed me in order to understand how much work I can do in a day, and I see you do a very nice quality so I wandered how long you could take. Anyway I think I'm too slow for that or I should rise too much the price :)

then I asked you about the square bases just because I think it's easier playing AoS/ finding players using round bases but maybe you ment them to be played in other games so I was just curious!

Looking foward to see more!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • daveboy changed the title to Daves colorchest. Mainly Orcs, Chaos and Wood Elves
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

somehow I've not seen a technique quite like yours before it seems - extraordinary velvety, textured quality. Some of the best stuff I've seen. Absolutely love it.

Don't think I've seen more convincing looking cloth etc. Can't really work out what you're doing!

I've run out of likes today - so am putting this message up 😀